homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Undead? I prefer to think of it as "resurrected."
Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by CuppaT:
It being the proper time of day, Mrs. Cuppy re-registers her vote for Lambchopped.

To Teufelchen:
How'd you do that? I saw AR's note posted over an hour ago, then it disappeared, and reappeared at the right time for voting. I have a couple of early posts that I'd rather like to disappear! [Smile]

A ghostly voice is heard over Cosenza Bay ...

I believe it has to be within 2 minutes, like editing posts. So you might have to be quick ...

Avenge my death, townspeople! Avenge me!!!!

--------------------
Pure Sunshine by name, and sometimes by nature.

Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And came another ghostly voice... You're already avenged Pure Sunshine - it was me what done you in... and they already got me! [Snigger]

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lamb Chopped is lynched

Four votes in favour of lynching Lambiekins settles it. Unfortunately for you, Cosenza Beach's resident vampire was simply a Citizen.

LC, please post a suitable death scene.

Night falls

You know the drill.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posting now in case of my imminent demise...

Six left. Assuming that nem, Banner Lady and I are all innocent, and there hasn't been some incredibly extravagant cover up, and also assuming that there are 2 'Ndrinu left alive it is now certain that they are 2 of Autenrieth Road, Rugmaker and CuppaT.

Presumably one citizen will die tonight, so it will be 2 vs 2. Or perhaps we will get lucky and there is still a mafioso around so there will some nasty mafia/'Ndrinu bloodletting tonight...

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Posts: 892 | From: Stage left | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very neat assessment, Leonato. Unfortunately, it rests on one key assumption that the rest of us can't make - that you are innocent! We know that BL and Nem are innocent, but there is no such evidence concerning you. The more you make statements like this trying to urge people into lynching innocent citizens like me, the more convinced I become of your own guilt!

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aaarrrrgggh! Boy this is frustrating. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it!

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unlike many of our fellow innocent citizens who are not waking up at all thanks to Mr Leonato and his chums....

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rugmaker:
We know that BL and Nem are innocent, but there is no such evidence concerning you.

nem is a mason, yes, but where was it established that BL was innocent?
I seem to have missed that part, despite reading everything as we went along (as my hostly duties require), and again just now checking everything written since my demise...

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Izzybee stated that she was certain of BLs innocence shortly before being murdered herself and being revealed to be the detective. So we are working on the basis that Izzybee had used her detective's powers to ascertain BL's innocence.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unless we misread Izzybee's oblique statement about Banner Lady? Aaaack.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:
And came another ghostly voice... You're already avenged Pure Sunshine - it was me what done you in... and they already got me! [Snigger]

Were you the last Mafioso left alive???

[ 16. November 2006, 14:06: Message edited by: Pure Sunshine ]

--------------------
Pure Sunshine by name, and sometimes by nature.

Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Sunshine:
Were you the last Mafioso left alive???

Now that would be telling wouldn't it... I don't want them all sleeping too easy just yet! [Biased]

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

So to reassess Leonato's ver so slightly biased assessment, we know that Nem is innocent, and we think that BL is innocent. I know that I am innocent, so from my perspective, the N'drunu are likely two from Leonato, CuppaT and Autenrieth Road.

I remain deeply suspicious of Leonato, and fairly suspicious of the other two. Both have had plenty to say and seem like possible candidates for mafia to me!

Of course, the next night victim could tell us something - like proving the fact that I'm inncoent if they get me! And I've just thought - I've made it clear that I think that Leonato is N'drunu. The obvious retaliation will be for him to now take me out, but I think he's more clever than that, because killing me would make his guilt clear! I'll sleep with one eye open tonight.

--------------------

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Indeed we can all say we think that ourselves, nem and Banner lady are innocent. I would say that the evidence that I am not 'Ndrinu is fairly strong - I remain the only person who has named someone as 'Ndrinu and been proved correct, I also have not voted to lynch innocent citizens like Linguo an Lambchoppped.

The problem is the assumption that Banner Lady is innocent, we are all assuming that when Izzybee said she was convinced of her innocence she was doing so with her detective hat on and not as a casual remark.

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

nem
Shipmate
# 11108

- Posted      Profile for nem   Email nem   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Poor lambchopped, too many innocent folk die in this game, stupid gang culture! Sorry I wasn't here to register a vote,although I think my last post was actually the right time to vote...

I'm shocked that since you've known I'm innocent I haven't been killed off! I seem such an obvious target, or could these be my famous last words?

Due to Izzybee's comments I think we can assume BL to be innocent.

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That dead kipper really has it in for me, doesn't he? Well, Lambiekins, I hope you won't let a little lynching get in the way of your entertaining posts. I'm sure a bit of rope action is all in a day's entertainment for a good vamp...

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sorry I missed putting 2 and 2 together.
(and apologies for "hounding" you, BL.)

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mason Murdered: Mafia Missing?

Last night, a known Mason was killed by the city's notorious gangsters. Nem was murdered at an unknown time between midnight and dawn, by a person or persons unknown. This may be a continuation of the attacks on Masons seen earlier this week. However, compared with many nights recently which have seen double murders, last night was relatively quiet. Has one gang finally driven the other out of town?

Day breaks

Nominations will be valid once Lamb Chopped and nem have both posted death scenes.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rats! says Lambiekins, back at the Pearly Gates again. Who would have thought someone would bring a stake to a necktie party?

Ah, well, she thinks. St. Peter turned me away last time, but I'll try our Lord himself this round. After all, he has a fondness for low company. And he knows what it's like to be unjustly done in.

Lord? Oh, Lord?

Would you mind if I asked for a taste of the Blood of the Lamb?

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
nem
Shipmate
# 11108

- Posted      Profile for nem   Email nem   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
nem sat down to organise the next mason meeting for which she only had to make sure that she herself could attend, when her thoughts turned to her fellow mason members; how she missed them. It had been so tought to carry on without them. As she turned to put away her membership atire she felt somewhat strange. Maybe she wasn't as alone as she thought.

Suddenly the lights dimmed adn she coudln't make out what was around her. "hello? anyone there?"

"not anymore" was the reply

Nem, the final mason left standing, was no more.

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Right, this has got to stop. I'm certain that Leonato is guilty, but people don't seem to want to vote for him. So instead we'll go for his partner. Someone who has had plenty to say for herself but still managed to keep out of the limelight somehow. The games's up.

I nominate Autenrieth Road.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here I was, working on a long reasoned explanation of who I think is guilty, and in pops Rugmaker from his window of violin cases to toss this at me.

So, in order to make my position clear, let me say this briefly.

I have finally been convinced by Leonato's arguments against you -- among other things, I see I was wrong to waver from my initial hunch that caused me to nominate you back a few. I nominate Rugmaker.

--------------------
Truth

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

Well, bang goes my theory that Rugmaker and Autenrieth Road were the two 'Ndrinu. One of them must be guilty, the question is which one?

By my logic I am innocent, and so is Banner Lady, and one of the two nominees so far is, which means there is almost certainly one more guilty 'Ndrinu, who must be...

I nominate CuppaT

[ 17. November 2006, 21:55: Message edited by: leonato ]

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

And came another ghostly voice from beyond the grave (there's no shutting some people up you know... not even death can silence us!). It was Teuf.. I reckon he's been secretly bumping everyone off... it's all a cover... [Two face]

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Ahem. Autumn began. I have done nothing wrong. Except try to figure out who is who. And vote them off. It's too bad I got carried along by others' reasoning and voted for the innocent Linguo and Lamb Chopped. Early on it was hard to say who was anything, so I am sorry about Zorro but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Autumn decided to add Steak Tartare to the Zorro & Linguo Cooking School curriculum, in memory of Lamb Chopped. Then she got in her Jag and drove off to the animal shelter where she adopted a cat that had been found abandoned in a 12th floor apartment where a dreadful murder had taken place several nights ago. Then she took it to the beach to teach it to hunt for shrimp.

--------------------
Truth

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Damn. Can you say that when you are not in Hell? No other word is good enough in this case. I did not want to talk at night much with them still making decisions and reading what we say. But nem said it herself, and it was fairly obvious strategy on their part to kill her. They are leaving the rest of us fools to kill each other off.

That’s as far as I got in writing this morning when I saw that nem had been killed. Now Mrs. Cuppy has tucked the smallest of the children into bed and finds that she herself has been nominated to be lynched. It stands to reason, and I am the only one who has not had a turn yet. I suppose that says something about what you all have intuited all along. So, here are the three nominations, and I think we all know by now that we are three citizens against two ‘Ndrdmms. The defenses begin, and we who are innocent have to think, while the other two laugh. Not an enviable position.

In my actions last round, I will say that I am sorry that I said things against Lambchopped, who really was upright after all. Why she portrayed herself as evil from the start, I do not know. I guess it was fun, but it sure looked suspicious.

Regarding my nomination this round, I can only encourage the citizens to skim the thread from the beginning. I have not said or done anything that would be nefarious, although I suppose all of us voted for people who turned out to be fellow citizens. I really was not a very forthright poster until there were few of us left. Usually what I was thinking was said quicker by someone else.

Then, of course, there is the matter of the 13 children who would be left motherless. (See the earlier Mafia game. Someone said I had 12, and then I adopted a foundling on my doorstep just before a person was killed.) I admit the older children are quite capable, but everyone needs a mother. And poor Mr. Cuppy. We are aiming for a couple dozen. Secretly, I suspect he is hoping menopause hits soon.

Once again, we must be very careful. This may be the last round of a tricky game, unless I am seeing it wrong. All three of us must vote for the same person, and that person must be one of thugs. If we lynch him or her, then we have another chance, even though one of us will get killed in the night. But if a citizen gets lynched, the game will end in a tie of numbers and the ‘Ndurms will have won. Why those Mafias dropped out is another thing I don’t understand, except that the game is rather consuming.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Another nomination. How tiresome. My defebce has realy lll been said before. I maintain my innocence and stress again the importance of geting an N'Drinu this time.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dorothy sat in the library, surrounded by a pile of cookery books, scribbling furiously. Her landlady (and now employer) had requested a meeting to talk about the cooking school curriculum and building menus for its first term.

Dorothy was troubled - not just by the coming meeting, but with the news she was required to vote again. It seemed like a cruel jinx that everyone she voted for in the past was innocent, and all her employers had came to a not very pleasant end. 'But then,' thought Dorothy brightly as she underscored DELICIOUSLY DEADLY DESSERTS with her glitter pen, 'there is always the hope of third time lucky, isn't there?'

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

On the way to the voting booth Mrs. Cuppy saw Miss Dorothy. "Where is that fellow that unlocks these doors?" she asked. "Isn't this the proper time? I do get so mixed up."

Dorothy politely held the door open, but once inside, Mrs. Cuppy stepped aside. "No, no, dear, after you. I insist."

[ 19. November 2006, 04:24: Message edited by: CuppaT ]

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Voting Opens

And remains open for the next 36 hours. Go for it.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Dorothy's sparkly red pen is poised over the voting paper. Who will she vote for? Any of them could be 'ndrinu. She could vote for her employer, but then she would have to look for work again soon; She could vote for Mrs Cuppy; but her gourmet chocolates were rather good, and she was hoping to get her over to teach a class at the new cooking school.

Dorothy therefore votes for Rugmaker with absolutely no confidence at all she has got it right this time either. She sighs, and passes the pen to Mrs Cuppy.

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

Very sick. Sorry so long. I think you have it wrong, but there is no choice but to make all the votes go in one direction since there is no certainty.
A whole lot is riding on whether BL is really innocent.
Rugmaker

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

Well, as I see it now either CuppaT is 'Ndrinu and Rugmaker is innocent or Autenrieth Road is in league with Rugmaker.

I suspect it can't stop Rugmaker from being lynched, but I vote for Autenrieth Road.

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Leonato, as far as I can tell, your first idea is the right one as I am certainly innocent and therefore stand by my nomination and vote for

Autenrieth Road

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

Not me, guys. Maybe it really is BL and AR!

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Oh dear me. Are Banner Lady and CuppaT actually going to get away with it?

I vote for CuppaT.

--------------------
Truth

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Voting closes
Thanks to two nominators not voting for their original candidates, you've managed to avoid lynching anyone. To horrified gasps from those who've been following the voting closely,

Night Falls

Sinister music plays...is this the beginning of the final act in Cosenza Beach?

T.

--------------------
Little devil

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

quote:
Izzy shook her head as she learned of the latest murders. At least while she had been sick she had gotten to know Banner Lady a little better, and was now convinced of her innocence.

Well our local detective did say this some time before she was murdered. I think she would only have said that if she was really convinced, thanks to her detective skills, that Banner Lady is innocent. So why are CuppaT and Autenrieth Road suggesting that Banner Lady is guilty?

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Day breaks

The newspaper staff have all fled town; the end game is upon us. Last night, the mobsters disposed of Banner Lady, who was indeed innocent all along.

Once she has posted her death scene, nominations will be open for what will very likely be the last round of voting.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Autumn sat in the red glittery lobby of the Zorro & Linguo Memorial Cooking School, tapping her foot and waiting for her manager to arrive. Dorothy had promised to bring several menus; Autumn was impressed by the culinary knowledge Dorothy had displayed so far. It was greater than her own, at least!

She looked at her watch again. Where
was Dorothy?

She went back to considering all the possibilities of who was in it with whom. Maybe there was only 1 'Ndrinu left? Or an 'Ndrinu and a strangely inactive Mafia? Or could everyone else be in it but her? She was getting increasingly nervous as the voting patterns became increasingly bizarre.

--------------------
Truth

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

I should add that as there are only four of you left - Autenrieth Road, CuppaT, Leonato, and Rugmaker - only two nominations will be allowed.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Dorothy made her way home from the voting booth trying not to think about anything other than presenting her coursework plan well. It was going to be hard to eschew her favourite hometown kind of food in favour of more fancy stuff; and she really didn't know how long she could fake an interest in managing a cooking school anyway. She was as prepared as she could be, and had already packed her basket ready for the meeting with AR.

She smiled sweetly as she rounded the corner, but her cheery 'Hello' was followed by a gasp as the projectile entered her heart. She staggered and put out a hand against the wall. This couldn't be happening! As her life blood flowed down her white dress she struggled to tap her red shoes together: once; twice...Dorothy slid slowly down the wall, her basket of plans scattered across the pavement. Her last conscious thought as a welcoming light whirled and grew brighter in her mind was
"Oh, am I back in Kansas, now?"

Dorothy, sweet innocent and not-very-clever citizen was dead. She would be found later lying on the pavement outside Ezio's bar with a red glitter pen impaled in her chest.

--------------------

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Ok Leonato, the game's up. Enough of your deceptions and pointing the finger at others, we know it's you now.

Rugmaker nominates

Leonato

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Way too obvious, turning that vendetta around, Mr. Manufacturer-of-Floor-Coverings.

I nominate CuppaT.

--------------------
Truth

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

My defence was made before -- nothing more to add. Rugmaker is the only one I am fairly sure is innocent. If it turns out to be him, you'll hear my Argh all the way across the pond.

I'm rather glad now that the Kipper has said we will not have another round of this until next year! Whew.

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

Interesting nomination there Rugmaker, given that I voted to save you last time. Just, in fact as I voted to save Linguo, who was innocent, and refused to vote to lynch Lambchopped, also innocent of course. In fact I'm the only person left who hasn't recently voted to lynch the innocent. Everything else you already know. I'm still the only person to have correctly identified an 'Ndrinu.

I'm innocent. I was wrong not to vote for Rugmaker last time, I apologise to my fellow remaining citizen.

My defence rests.

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Mrs. Cuppy, have you rested your defence as well?

Autumn was itching with suspense... She walked through town, pausing to admire the viola cases decorating Rugmaker's window ("Fine floorcoverings, an instrument of luxury") before stopping in at Mrs. Cuppy's Cup'o'Tea Chocolate Café, Comestibles Canteen, and Coffee Cafeteria. (It was a free-standing building, but Autumn didn't want to trespass to walk around the back & see what was written on the fourth side.)

[ETA: she would have stopped by Leonato's as well, but she couldn't remember what he does. An artist perhaps, painting paintings as engimatic as the Mona Lisa?]

[ 20. November 2006, 19:54: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

I have. Let the voting begin (without Teufelchen, since he said before that we could).
One, two, three, Go.

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

Leonato

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016