homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova
nem
Shipmate
# 11108

- Posted      Profile for nem   Email nem   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay not too late for me to join. I hope I get a fun role again.
nem
Shipmate
# 11108

- Posted      Profile for nem   Email nem   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also as the last game is closed adn I've been away for a bit I thoguth I'd post my appologies here. sorry to not have revealed my true identity but I thought I made it obvious enough that Zorro (and Linguo) were members of the Mafia. I was trying not to get killed off and yet wsa surprised they didn't as I thought I wsa pretty obvious. maybe they thought it would make it obvious that I was telling the truth if I was killed.

Also someone asked how much I knew, I knew they were mafia adn that lamb chopped, chelley and fool of a took were innocent.

Chelley? what were you thinking thought, killing yourself? You should have truly stuck to your guns adn killed off Zorro.

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie Boy Wonder:
the town's mayor, Pappy O'Smurfson,

eh ?
since when was I Mayor ?
I thought the person running the game was Mayor !

There is sometimes a role of Mayor. If that role exists in this game, I have not yet assigned it. [Smile]

As a rule, don't create other people's roles for them - if Papa Smurf wants to make out he's the Mayor, I shan't stop him.

I'm the Moderator. I don't exist. You never saw me. I was never here. [Smile]

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
Teufelchen, can the Mafia PM with each other, arranging strategies, setting up victims, etc.? But other players should not PM each other about their roles in the game, speculations, etc.?

The Mafia must message each other to agree victims. (I'm not doing the vicious variant where they must all independently choose the same victim.)

If we were replicating the live game, I'd be asking the other players not to use PMs. I can't very well do that and be sure. However, there's no profit to do that, because you can't know that your fellow citizen is not a gangster. Personally, I'd discourage too much behind-the-scenes plotting, but I'm not forbidding it.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teufelchen:
As a rule, don't create other people's roles for them

It seemed Little Stevie still had much to learn about how things were run in Cosenza Beach...

My bad. Apologies. Forget I said anything.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I think the little blue guy would make an EXCELLENT mayor...but hey what would I know, I'm just a flag looking for a campaign...

Nurse Dorothy tapped on the door discreetly and entered when she heard a pre-occupied voice say "Come." The first thing she noticed was the parrot on the birdstand in the corner. She couldn't help staring at it. Dr.Gumby looked up from whatever he was writing "Well?"

Dorothy faltered, then finally found her voice.
"Oh, I say,...is that a... a Norwegian Blue by any chance?"

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by nem:
Also as the last game is closed adn I've been away for a bit I thoguth I'd post my appologies here. sorry to not have revealed my true identity but I thought I made it obvious enough that Zorro (and Linguo) were members of the Mafia. I was trying not to get killed off and yet wsa surprised they didn't as I thought I wsa pretty obvious. maybe they thought it would make it obvious that I was telling the truth if I was killed.

Also someone asked how much I knew, I knew they were mafia adn that lamb chopped, chelley and fool of a took were innocent.

Chelley? what were you thinking thought, killing yourself? You should have truly stuck to your guns adn killed off Zorro.

I suppose what seemed obvious to you 'in the know' just seemed like someone making claims/suggestions like the rest of us who didn't have a clue... but now I know who you were I'm going to have another look...!

quote:
Nem (from the old game) I'm here!!! Sorry I've been busy recently but I am here now. Chelley I am a citizen and think you are too! From what I've seen of Zorro I'm pretty sure he's a member of the mafia and so, as Qwai as noticed this too, I think she's also a citizen. So I am voting for Zorro.
That just felt like someone guessing like me! [Big Grin]
And I wasn't on the lookout for someone who actually knew stuff, like I said before! Oh well eh!!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The bearded man rocked back and forth on the chair on his porch. Sure, he had held a position of town responsibility before, but he retired years ago, thanks to the stresses and strains, combined with the lack of credit. The people still called him "Papa", maybe affectionately, maybe mocking him, he wasn't sure.

Thing was, because of his life and work so far, he knew about people. How they acted, what drove them as "the people" instead of individuals. He also knew a few secrets, things that had gone on behind closed doors in this sleepy little town. And there was nothing to worry about with the current inhabitants. It was the arrival of so many new people recently that was giving him suh a furrowed brow.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Applications closed
I've just assigned the roles, so applications to play have now closed. (Spectators are welcome as before, though!)

It'll take a little while to post out all the roles, so I'll post again when it's time to play.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can someone do us a drum roll... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
* for some reason, a drum rolled along one of the deserted streets, kind of like the cartwheel you get after a crash*

[ 16. October 2006, 11:22: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dr Gumby looked out of his window in astonishment as the drum trundled down the street, chased at some distance by a rather overweight member of a marching band, panting and sweating as he tried to catch it.

"He should watch himself, running like that," he thought. "He looks like a definite candidate for a heart attack at the rate he's going."

He paused in puzzlement at the direction his thoughts were taking. He wasn't normally a morbid man - you didn't last long as a brain surgeon if your thoughts were constantly fixed on the shadowy menace of death - but since moving here, he'd found his mind straying ever more frequently towards the inevitability of life's bitter conclusion. Maybe it was just his imagination, but he had a strange feeling that he would be lucky to leave Cosenza Beach alive.

Recoiling from this unpleasant sensation, he turned from the window, and saw the parrot cage. His head full of images of death, something clicked. When was the last time the parrot had eaten? In fact, when was the last time it had moved?

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Game on

You should all have received your notifications now. If you're playing, and haven't had a reply from me, or there's anything you don't understand in your reply, let me know asap. Many thanks!

The players are:

AnnaF
Autenrieth Road
Banner Lady
basso
Chelley
christianjimmy
cometchaser
CuppaT
dolphy
Eliab
Fool of a Took
Izzybee
Lamb Chopped
Leonato
Linguo
nem
Papa Smurf
Pure Sunshine
Rugmaker
Sir Kevin
Smudgie
Stevie Boy Wonder
The Great Gumby
Zorro

The game begins during the day. There has been no murder in town lately, so the crowds have no pretext for a lynching just yet. However, a certain amount of attention is being focussed on a mysterious piece of graffiti scrawled on a warehouse wall near the docks:

{R&J:1:1:1}&!{Mac:4:2:59-60}

Night will fall some time in the next 24 real-life hours, when I announce it.

Enjoy the game!

T.

PS: Apologies, as ever, to anyone who gets done in early on.

--------------------
Little devil

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Autumn steers the Jag towards the docks. She wants to check out the warehouses; mostly unoccupied she should be able to get them cheap and turn them into condos.

She squeals to a stop and backs up. Was that graffiti? It was! In some cryptic code. A nefarious signal to the dread Mafiosi? A stray cryptic crossword clue? A Macintosh programmer feeling his oats?

Whatever. "I can spin this to the Cosenza Beach planning board that these warehouses are a pit of lawlessness and vandalism, and they'll approve conversion to wealthy out-of-towner condos in a heartbeat."

Autumn taps her red fingernails happily on the steering wheel and takes off in a roar.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JJ strollls down to the docks singing 'Bello Andrea'. She is hoping that she will make enough money busking to buy the pair of leather, burgandy boots that are on display in the trendy shop in the town centre. She reaches the docks, opens her violin case, tunes her violin, puts the case on the floor in front of her and starts to play.

As she is playing she looks around to see if there are any people nearby and notices some incoherant graffiti on the wall. She thinks to herself who would have done such a disgraceful thing. Kids probably, they have no manners these days....

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Leo" Leonato is seated at a pavement cafe in the main square. He is dressed entirely in black: black trenchcoat, black beret and dark shades, even though it is already dusk. He thinks black makes him look more interesting.

He thumbs idly throgh a copy of the colected works of Dario Fo, and a copy of Stanislavsky lies on the table by his half-drunk espresso.

He recognised the significance of that strange graffito instantly, and is now puzzling over what it all might mean. Surely there could never be violence in a small seaside town like this one...

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Posts: 892 | From: Stage left | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

"Papa" Smurf headed inside, looking for warmth against the sudden chill that had ridden in to the town. Was it just a change in the sea breeze ?

restless and fidgety, he pulled down a big leatherbound book from the library, and looked for inspiration, like he used to in the old days.

Sometimes that "good book" of his spoke to him in times of trouble. All he did was open it up at random pages and read the first thing he saw

"Gregory, o' my word, we'll not carry coals."

well, that was a good start - he knew it was right to install that central heatiung last year. The house was warmer, and he didn't have to go outside to refill the coal bucket so often. He tried again on another page.

"Then the liars and swearers are fools,
for there are liars and swearers enow to beat
the honest men and hang up them."

A chill went down Papa's spine, despite the central heating. was this a taste of things to come ? a reminder of a past he would rather leave behind ?

Putting the book back in its place, he shuffled off to make a cup of tea.

[ 16. October 2006, 13:06: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Izzy decided to get away from the tension in her mothers house by taking a walk down to the docks.

She walked past a busker - unusual for this part of town, but a welcome distraction from the unfamiliarality of the place in general. She had heard things about New Jersey, and so far this place was living up to all the stereotypes. It was shaping up to be a long six months - her mother didn't seem to be too happy to live up to the promise she had made years before - "anytime you're in town, feel free to stay"... yeah right.

As she walked on past the busker, listening to the music float thhrough the air, she saw some graffiti.

{R&J:1:1:1}&!{Mac:4:2:59-60}

Interesting, she thought. Perhaps it's some kind of code! Having read the "Da Vinci Code" a few months back, she was convinced there were many mysteries in the world that needed solving - perhaps this was something she could look into - with nothing else to do, this might help the next six months fly by. Heck, there might even be a new book in it.

She turned and walked towards the library - getting out of her mother's hair for an afternoon wouldn't do any harm at all.

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
News of the mysterious graffiti message quickly spread through Cosenza Beach's close-knit but untrusting community. Little Stevie Peterson had heard the news from the shoeshine guy in the alleyway by the motel. Of course, the motel had a shoe shine machine, but that couldn't tell Little Stevie any local gossip in the manner he'd come to expect from watching too many cliched cop dramas.

Little Stevie headed to the docks to check out the message for himself. What could it mean? Who were R&J? Richard & Judy? Robson & Jerome? And who's Mac? Paul McCartney? Steve McClaren? Ronald McDonald? "Something doesn't smell right here" , Little Stevie thought to himself, before realising the warehouse was next door to the abbatoir. He turned to walk back to his motel - and came face to face with a man in a doctor's coat, with a handkerchief inexplicably perched on his head. "This place is too weird" , he thought, "my brain hurts."

Just as he reached the corner, Little Stevie heard a cry of, "Look out!" A large bass drum rolled past, missing Little Stevie by just a few centimetres. "Phew, that was close" , he thought, "I'm going to need to keep an eye out around here, otherwise who knows what might whack me..."

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dr Gumby rubbed his chin thoughtfully. It had been a long time, but he thought he recognised the strange notation that had been scrawled on the warehouse. Unless he missed his guess, the vandal had at least a passing knowledge of Shakespeare. He'd never got on with it at school - literature made his brain hurt. Nevertheless, it seemed that these were the references for Act I, Scene I, Verse 1 of Romeo & Juliet, and Act IV, Scene II, Verses 59-60 of Macbeth.

With his limited knowledge of how Shakespeare had counted verses causing him to struggle, he reached to the very top bookshelf in his office. That was where he kept his non-medical books. Full bookshelves looked good, and it was too far up for any visitors to see what the books really were. At least, if anyone had noticed that he had Winnie the Pooh in his office, thay'd never commented on it. After what seemed like an age of searching and cross-checking, he thought he had an answer. He still couldn't be certain he'd got it right, but this seemed to make more sense than any other explanation.

"Two households, both alike in dignity"
Romeo & Juliet, 1:1:1

"Who must hang them?
Why, the honest men."
Macbeth, 4:2:59-60

What did this mean? He already had a suspicion about a seedy underworld in the town, but could this anonymous message possibly mean that this gangland presence was split into two factions?

His brain hurt. All this literature was starting to get to him. He retired to his back room, placed a wet flannel on his head in place of his usual knotted hanky, and tried to rest. When he eventually drifted off to sleep, it was disturbed by strange visions, in which an army of heavily armed trees took on a gang of witches in sharp suits, with hundreds of peasants cut down in the crossfire.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zorro wakes up and gets dressed. Just jeans, a white t-shirt and a black hoody today. Easier to blend in that way. He hears a noise. Someone down the hall, "must be that lambiekins turning tricks again," he thinks to himself. He grabs his gun, not taking chances, opens the door, and walks down the corridor, to the main entrance. He strolls confidently out into the street, and down to the docks, where he sees a crowd gathered. Best to avoid this. No, wait, that'd be too obvious. Better to be with the mob than against them.

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Roger strolls to his shop in the morning sunlight and pulls open the heavy duty shutters. He is pleased with the display of musical instruments he has been able to assemble. As well as the regular instruments, he is particularly proud of the Peruvian nose flute and the rare Danish harpsichord. Already sales have been good – a number of violin cases, some of them even with violins in them, and a large drum to a mysterious stranger who seemed far more interested in how well it would roll rather than the sound it made….

But Roger cannot put the fate of his twin out of his mind. What if the mafiosi are here too? What does the mysterious graffiti mean? How can he best protect himself from trouble? What is the capital of Ecuador? The questions seem endless.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dorothy was oblivious to the outside world. She was unpacking medical supplies in the treatment room and trying to put things in a semblance of order. The doctor had gone out for a walk, so she wiped down the benches and the fishtank behind his desk then employed the feather duster over the dead parrot that was nailed to its perch in the corner. "Stupid thing!" she tutted to herself "how could any medic keep such a health hazard in here?" As she dusted it, a few of its feathers dislodged and fell to the floor of the cage. She wondered if he would notice, or even care. She put the duster back in the cupboard and went out to empty the autoclave.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As a fussy thespian, Leo is sorely tempted to scrub out the {R&J:1:1:1} on that strange graffito, and replace it with {R&J:Pro:1}, unless of course the mafia that he has heard rumours of are even stranger than one might expect.

[ 16. October 2006, 14:45: Message edited by: leonato ]

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Posts: 892 | From: Stage left | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

(non participatory aside)

[Overused] I thought about that too.

am now unsure who was correct about the Macbeth quote - the online text I looked at didn't have line numbers.

(end aside)

[ 16. October 2006, 14:52: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JJ, who is getting bored busking to a wall, looks at the graffiti and starts to play another tune.

It's a haunting melody, but she feels the music talking to her soul... 'When I am laid, am laid in earth to rest.....

[ 16. October 2006, 15:00: Message edited by: dolphy ]

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ezio sighs as he opens the door to the bar and surveys the damage from last night. Things had gotten a bit rowdy last night. Still, a lot of customers meant a good profit. He drags out the mop and bucket and starts getting ready for the new day.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
am now unsure who was correct about the Macbeth quote - the online text I looked at didn't have line numbers.

(further aside)
I suspect the graffiti was the work of a member of the uneducated underclass, which explains the errors, and why it took me so long to understand it. This site counts verses in its own peculiar way, and I suspect it might have been the source of these references, hence my guess. R&J here tacks the prologue onto the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1, with the appropriate renumbering, which is why it occurred to me to check the other quote according to this site. The quote from the Scottish Play makes more sense this way, I think, even if it means the reference is incorrect.

If only more petty vandals had received a proper theatrical education...
(end aside)

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Madame Elena Comet checked her watch. Closing time.

She flipped the hidden switch that lit the crystal ball with an eerie blue light, and suddenly it appeared nothing more than a glass globe, the size of a cantelope. She switched off the music - Yanni on repeat.

her little storefront den of "all things mystical" appeared no more than a cramped room that smelled of stale incense with the loss of the light and sound. A nightly transformation much like her own, Ellen thought - mysterious by day - but heating up cans of beans and reading True Crime by night.

She locked the front doors and flipped the "closed" sign. Took a moment to arrange the velvet curtains so that no snoopers could see inside. Can't allow the paying public an inside view. Then how would a fortune teller make her coin?

She changed in the back - trading coin belts and silk scarves for worn blue jeans and an oversized man's shirt and leather jacket. It took five minutes to wash off all that extra makeup.

by the time she stepped out into the alley and locked the back door, she was transformed into a young and pretty 30-something woman. Madame Elena stayed in the shop.

In the days to come, Ellen would note the irony of being the town's fortune teller, and yet that night she had no premonitions. Instead - she planned her evening in and had no thought for the grafitti she passed on her way out of the alley to the street.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

I think that's enough speculation about the possibly-learned graffiti.

Night falls.

If you have night actions, take them now.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

quote:

I often need to go for a pee in the night. Does that count?

--------------------

Also by the same author

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
quote:

I often need to go for a pee in the night. Does that count?
At least that's a different 'night action' joke to the one in the last thread.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Who said I was joking? [Frown]

Sorry, I'll stop now.

--------------------

Also by the same author

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Wow, sure is quiet here at night", thought Izzy as she stepped out of the library and headed home, after a fruitless search of the shelves for a possible church cover-up scandal.

"Hope it gets more interesting around here soon..."

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
nem
Shipmate
# 11108

Nem goes to bed with a concern for her future. 'with so many people to consider to be mafia members is there any hope for us citizens?' she ponders. Maybe if she sleeps on it and sees what happens in the morning she'll hvae a better feeling about any chance of living.
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Unable to sleep, Little Stevie reached for the cheap radio, the motel room's only form of entertainment, unless you included the cockroaches. "That's the sound of the Bee Gees with Stayin' Alive" , announced a man who was far too cheery to even be in Cosenza Beach, "let's hope we all are tomorrow." Little Stevie switched off the radio and pulled the pillow over his head - anything to block out the sound of sirens outside...

--------------------

Also by the same author

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Dorothy switched off her Wizard of Oz nightlamp and lay back contentedly. It had been a strange sort of day, but a satisfying one. At least they hadn't lost any patients so far. Although the brain surgeon certainly did have some weird clients. There had been the lumberjack who wanted to talk only about where to find the best women's lingerie to her; a young woman who arrived with a very large live fish, claiming it was for the doctor's fish tank; and a gothic looking woman who claimed she was undead, whatever that meant.

The goth seemed most put out that the clinic did not sell blood or allow blood-bank "withdrawals". And now the new receptionist was missing. Dorothy hoped he or she turned up soon, because she was tired of filling in, even though this had certainly helped to get her better acquainted with Dr.Gimby's fascinating clientele. As she said a little prayer of thanks, Dorothy nodded off happy that tomorrow would no doubt be another interesting day at Cosenza Beach.

--------------------

Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meanwhile, next door to Dorothy slept the mysterious stranger, known only as "Luce Pura del Sole",* a new girl in town.

In Cosenza Beach, that's enough to make the finger of suspicion fall onto anyone.

*Feel free to correct my Italian.

--------------------
Pure Sunshine by name, and sometimes by nature.

Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zorro, woken in a moment of angst, leaps out of bed. "I have to do this. It's been on my mind recently, and it's now time."He wears his clothes in bed now, changing in the mornings-easier to escape if they come for him. He surges out into the street, gun in hand. It's dark, no-one cares, and if they do, they know not to say anything. Walking outside the hostel, he sees a taxi parked. "Get out the car!" he whispers, with the Beretta an inch from the man's temple. "It didn't have to be this way!" he thought to himself.

Driving in the dark, by the light of the streetlights, he knows instinctively where he's going. That house, there was something about it, and now he needs to make things right.

As he nears the yard, he cuts out the engine, and brakes softly outside the back gate. Beretta in hand, he picks the lock of the back door. He's in.

He glides silently through the house, and comes to the bedroom.

He kicks through the door, waving the gun at the bed.

"That's some fine Italian, 'mam. Excellent structural usage, and good, strong vocab. My congratulations."

He leaves, and curses in French at being scratched by a cat. The legion taught you a lot of things. Stealth, cunning...cusses. He decided to let the cat live.

This time.

--------------------
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Drat thought CJ, as he opened his curtains. He'd slept through the entire day, and missed all the excitement. Still, he mused, thats what you get for offering one night a month to work with poor, homeless children. He opened the door of his apartment to go out to stretch his legs on the deserted streets, when a thought struck him. The streets weren't normally deserted like this, the town was never this quiet, and what was that mysterious shadow projected onto the warehouse opposite?! CJ thought better of his nocturnal wandering plan, and shut the door, bolting it top and bottom. Maybe going back to bed was the best option.
A shiver ran down his spine. Something strange was afoot...

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Readjusting the slight wrinkle in her left stocking, Miss Celeste Smudgeson totters her way along the darkened street on unaccustomed high heeled boots, seeking out the accommodation which she had prebooked via the internet... a little apartment just for one, but with room for a visitor if they were willing to share a bed. A wry tilt of the corner of the mouth betrays a smile as she thinks of what her sister Cynthia would make of this, but her staid respectability hadn't done her much good, had it? Perhaps it was time for the family to be a little more ..well... adventurous.

The streets seem fairly quiet, apart from a speeding taxi going at a quite unnecessary rate of knots which forces her to leap back onto the pavement. With a toss of her flowing black locks (hopefully the dye would cover even the greyest of roots), she strides forward... twists her ankle and proceeds to hobble forth to her new abode, the apartment block just opposite the warehouse.

Well, Cynthia. Now I plan to live life to the full.

[ 17. October 2006, 08:28: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

JJ, who has spent most of the night playing to the moon and a few passers by (how wierd that little old lady looked), decides to go off in search of some breakfast before some more busking.

She counts the money she has made. Five dollars. Hmm, she thinks to herself, not bad I guess but I've got a long way to go before those boots are mine.

She walks in the direction of the pavement cafe but, like many others do here, takes a detour to mock the mad Papa Smurf. She reaches the cafe, sits down, orders a coffee and a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese and feels herself being stared at....

--------------------

Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erlendur Eliabsson sits at his open window overlooking the docks and draws thoughtfully on his roll-up. It is a calm night, but there is something in the air which keeps the old fisherman from sleep. His boat, the St Olaf, lies peacefully at her moorings, and Erlendur looks down at her enviously. They have been through a lot together, but it seems that she can sleep well and he cannot. Every year, the work seems harder, the catch lighter, the market for good fish thinner and the overheads higher. And every time old Eliabsson comes ashore, the modern city seems more bitter and unfriendly. Few of his old friends are left - they have died, or moved away, or are drifting out their last days in uncaring care homes.

The money has gone. The good men have gone. Even the fish are going. Only old fools and young villains are left. Eliabsson sighs, flicks the dog-end towards the sea, lies back on his bed and tries in vain to sleep.

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Bizarre Masonic Double Slaying

Two Cosenza Beach residents, Dr G Gumby and Miss Merry Took were murdered last night in apparently related incidents. Both were associated with the city's Masonic Lodge, on Dock and Main, and had attended a meeting there during the evening. Details were still coming in as this story went to press, but it appears the victims were ambushed in their homes in the small hours of the morning. This alarming occurrence may signal a return to the gang violence which has bedevilled this area in the past, but the Masonic connection currently has the police mystified.

Day breaks. No nominations may be made until both victims have posted death scenes.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Just a point of order, Teufelchen - is it part of the victims' death scene to tell us their role in the city (citizen, mafiosi, doctor, detective etc) or will you be updating us on that?

--------------------

Also by the same author

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Just a point of order, Teufelchen - is it part of the victims' death scene to tell us their role in the city (citizen, mafiosi, doctor, detective etc) or will you be updating us on that?

Good point, Stevie. Although I may refer to people's affiliation when announcing the beginning of the new day, each character, when killed, must disclose their role.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

Will there be 2 murders a "night" in this game, or is this just to start off?

--------------------

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Originally posted by Zorro:
Will there be 2 murders a "night" in this game, or is this just to start off?

That's for the various people with night actions to determine - and as I've said I'm not giving advance notice of what roles there are, that's all I'll say...

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

Lucky us [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

2 murders a night is more than the usual norm, so could you please explain how this is possible. Did the mafioso, for example, reach a split decision, and so both nominees were killed ?

seeing as in the OP you did mention "each night's victim", not victims

[ 17. October 2006, 11:14: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016