homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The smell of cooked seafood hung heavy in the air over the Beach Road. Dorothy could not remember it ever being so pungent before. As AR had bustled her through looking at a number of apartments, she wondered at all the police activity. A whole block on the beachfront was cordoned off. She left the estate agent, promising to think hard about some of the new possibilities - although none of them were quite as convenient as she had hoped.

Dorothy sighed. She was tired. It was definitely time for some chocolate. She ducked into Mrs.Cuppy's Gourmet Chocolate Emporium and ordered a twist of liquer truffles. Mrs.Cuppy was also most concerned about the police activity. Apparently there had been more murders.

"A young man from out of town, and that lovely little girl who supplied Ezio's with seafood. Horrible, just horrible."

On the way to work, Dorothy was startled to see the pictures in the Cosenza Circus tabloid. She recognized them both. One was the girl who had brought in the large fish for Dr.Gumby's fish tank, and the other was the strange young man who had run out on her just the other night.

Even though he had seemed strangely disturbed, Dorothy was sad his life would end like that. No-one deserved such a fate. So many shadowy figures not showing their hand - or even posting much that was interesting.

She decided to nominate one such shadowy figure, even though so far she has proved a rotten judge of character. Banner Lady nominates Leonato.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Convenience, hmmph," muttered Autumn to herself. "If Some Nurses would save their money for a car instead of squandering it on shiny red shoes, they would be able to take one of my lovely apartments on the outskirts of town and drive to work at Certain Bars."

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:

"A young man from out of town, and that lovely little girl who supplied Ezio's with seafood..."

I serve food, too? Damn. No wonder I'm so tired all the time.

Ezio runs to hang out another Help Wanted sign. A cook and a waiter will help things move along.

[addresses audience]
So, we've got our three nominations...who do you like for the lynching?
[/addresses audience]

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having discovered that she was really a transplanted Australian estate agent rather than a USian realtor (I mean, Realtor ™), Autumn was not quite sure of the American justice system in Cosenza Beach.

Don't they get to defend themselves? Or do we take potshots at them before and during their defenses, as well as after?

Autumn wondered if she should eat lunch at Ezio's today. Would he have fresh fish, now that his fish deliverer had been so nefariously done in?

Perhaps she should skip lunch and just suggest he advertise for a locksmith too, to fix the bathroom lock which had malfunctioned and locked her in the bar's only toilet for five hours straight the previous evening.

She drove up to the town square, (stopping in at Cuppy's Cuppa for a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream), put back the reclining all-leather seat in her Green Jag, and settled in to hear what the accused had to say for themselves. Then she would make up her mind.

--------------------
Truth

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chelley sat in her little wooden home pondering the latest nominations... it was so hard to know who to trust. She knew it would be inappropriate to say them - because that's Teuf's job - but being of an extrovert nature she automatically thought aloud...
Hmmm...
Banner Lady nominated by Wet Kipper
Wet Kipper nominated by Pure Sunshine
Leonato nominated by Banner Lady

Chelley wondered if they'd make an attempt to defend themselves from these sinister allegations?
After a time, when brainache began to set in, Chelley gave up thinking and picked up her trashy novel for a bit of escapist entertainment.

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:
Chelley sat in her little wooden home pondering the latest nominations... it was so hard to know who to trust. She knew it would be inappropriate to say them - because that's Teuf's job...

I can't be online all the time - as last weekend shows. I'm quite happy for people to note things like third nominations.

For the record: defence starts as soon as the third nomination is posted, whether or not I announce it, and lasts for 24 hours, or until all nominees have waived their right to defence. Again, if either of those things happens and I don't announce it, voting begins anyway. Likewise, nominations open as soon as all appropriate death scenes have been posted (or I announce it, as today).

Daybreak, lynchings themselves, and nightfall do all need the moderator's input, though.

Thanks,

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will quite happily defend myself against any specific allegations anyone has.
Counter nominating "just to see how I like it" is nothing other than a knee-jerk reaction, and if it encorages debate (which there has been little of recently, until voting happens) and democratic voting action, then I welcome it.

Let the worst "man" lose. So to speak.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So two of the nominations have been made by people who themselves have been nominated. While this does not automatically prove innocence, it does provide a motive for nomination in itself. Wet Kipper has certainly had a lot to say, and seems to be waging something of a vendetta against Banner Lady, whom the majority of the populace thought innocent only a short time ago. While I voted for her, I have been convinced by the majority of her innocence (for now, at least). What possible reason could Mr Kipper have for pursuing this cause, unless he is not as innocent himself as he would have us believe.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What can I say in my defense? I merely wanted to get away from the horror of Cosenza Beach for a short camping holiday in the hills*, coming back to find Banner Lady accused and then reprieved, two more innocent citizens murdered and me accused of their murder, seemingly because I hadn't been around for a few days and had mused as to why the most recent victims were selected.

Me, a poor struggling actor. Actors may need to pretend to be other people on stage, but that doesn't mean we are deceivers in real life.

*(aka a few days enforced Ship leave because of w*rk)

[and fighting for your life plays havoc with your spelling]

[ 02. November 2006, 09:53: Message edited by: leonato ]

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Posts: 892 | From: Stage left | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thay say that the best form of defence is attack, so I'll say this:

I am still as convinced of Banner Lady's guilt to nominate her as I was in the last "round"

she nominated someone innocent who was killed, and she was close to the "Doctor" Gumby who was one of the first victims.

She escaped lynching by (IIRC) 2 votes, one of which was my missing vote due to Real Life intrusions.

During that lynching vote, she was proclaimed innocent by someone whom we later found to be Mafia.

Also, one of the most recent innocent victims of gang violence, Little Stevie, was getting very close to her, perhaps too close for comfort.

Do with me what you like, go ahead, at least I've taken action. My blood will be on your hands.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
she nominated someone innocent who was killed, and she was close to the "Doctor" Gumby who was one of the first victims.

[Indignant ghostly voice]

Oi, what's with the scare quotes?

[/Indignant ghostly voice]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've thought it all through - my main objection was really just that the Citizens cannot be certain about anything, whereas the Mafia know precisely who their targets are, and Wet Kipper seemed very certain.

But perhaps he's just a better player of this game than me. [Confused]

I think I might actually vote for someone else now. Will think it over.

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Pure Sunshine by name, and sometimes by nature.

Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
[Indignant ghostly voice]

Oi, what's with the scare quotes?

[/Indignant ghostly voice]

well, as far as I was aware, you were doctor by name, but not actually the Doctor/watchman as far as the game roles were concerned.

and as far as my "certainty" is concerned, it's more like a suspicion which is getting firmer due to other events happening.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, OK. I don't need to haunt you, then. *sigh* I got my sheets and chains out for nothing.

[Drifts back to the spirit world before the demon catches up with him]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Autumn Wreath recalled that back in Pesto City, there was someone who nominated and voted consistently, and that they turned out to have Good Innocent reason for their actions. Also, she was suspicious of the Mafiosa gunman known as The Dolphin having voted to exonerate Nurse Dorothy.

("Oh crap," she muttered to herself, "won't that make people suspicious of me too? Oh well, can't be helped.")

("OK," she continued to reason, "so maybe the Mafiosi just behave irrationally sometimes. Or maybe it was the action of a guilty conscience, a gunman about to foreswear violence forever. Unfortunately, now I'm curious to see what lies behind that particular door marked 'Nurse Dorothy Banner Lady, Is She Or Isn't She?' Especially because at the moment I'm feeling like Wet Kipper may have good reason for his suspicions.")

("And what's with the parentheses," she continued to murmur. "I'm beginning to feel quite Alice in Wonderlandish, next thing you know I'll be calling for Dinah and changing height unpredictably from one moment to the next.")

She resigned herself to the unfortunate lot of probably being proved wrong by the next turn of events as the citizens, like sheep without a leader, lynched yet another innocent citizen. Yet what else was there to do? Take a stand, discuss, and vote. She got out of her Green Jag to walk around the town square and see who else showed up with something to say.

[ETA: Autumn inspected her post and discovered a missing space.

[ 02. November 2006, 14:02: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

quote:
Originally posted by Rugmaker:
Wet Kipper ... seems to be waging something of a vendetta against Banner Lady, whom the majority of the populace thought innocent only a short time ago.

looking at the votes, you will see that one of the people who thought she was innocent has turned out to be Mafia, and 2 of the people who voted for her lynching ended up dead last night

I will be busy for the rest of the day IRL, so I will rest my case now, and see what happens...

--------------------

Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
looking at the votes, you will see that one of the people who thought she was innocent has turned out to be Mafia, and 2 of the people who voted for her lynching ended up dead last night

I will be busy for the rest of the day IRL, so I will rest my case now, and see what happens...

Good point!!!

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Right. I have no defence, and fully expect to be lynched shortly. You will, however, not be stringing up a murderer, but another innocent citizen. This is not the outcome you want (unless you're so bored with this you don't mind who gets taken out as long as it's someone!)

I have deep suspicions about Smudgie, Izzybee, Rugmaker, Linguo and Leonato who are all trying to skim along under the radar. But quite possibly my nomination of Leonato will prove as faulty as my nomination of Sir Kevin. Basso and Lamb Chopped are playing a very interesting game - and for that I thank them. You have made me laugh often - I hope you continue to do so.

If I go down, my advice to the rest of you will be to watch out for flying kippers. They hurt.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After much pondering and beach walking, Chelley came to the conclusion that the whole town needed a bit of livening up. It wasn't surprising that everyone was getting depressed what with all the random killings and all... but perhaps something could be done to wake the living up?!
And once she'd decided, she went to town (so the expression goes...). Having hired a 30 piece marching band to get everyone's attention she set them on their way through town and followed them - giving out notices announcing...

Fancy Dress Karaoke tomorrow night... Basso's Bar (with permission?)
Chelley wondered who would come and what they'd wear? She pushed to the back of her mind the niggling concern that a night in disguise might be a dangerous cover for mafiosi and other gangsters... but ignoring the thought, she wandered back to her hermit style little wooden house.

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

RL observation: my theory is that people are scared that anything they say might be taken down and used in evidence against them. But in fact the story line bits are only manufactured into amusing supporting evidence for an accusation after someone has already decided based on other evidence to accuse them. So come on in and join the fun.

Autumn Wreath was very excited! A mariachi band, she loves music and dancing!

Then she reread the previous post and realized it was a marching band. And can one really dance to Karaoke?

Ha, Autumn is up for any kind of fun. She starts to polish her Argentine Tango shoes.

--------------------
Truth

christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
CJ looked at Ezios bar wistfully, now serving food as well he discovered, if only he'd known that before. But... No, it was too late now.
As accusations and counter-accusations rang round the towns narrow streets CJ realised that it was time to do something that he possibly should have done before.

With a deep breath, he summoned up his courage and burst into the bar. Faces all around "the thinking mans boozer of choice™" turned to see the intruder, and recognising CJ, lit up at the thought of either more free drinks or a showdown between the enigmatically generous boozer and the bar owner about the unpaid bills from the last two weeks.

Holding his hands up for silence, CJ paused (for effect) before starting his spiel.

Mea culpa, my friends, mea culpa. I have shared your hospitality, and yet abused your trust. I have been a part of this towns wonderful, and yet bloodstained, family for a while now, and yet none of you know me. None of you know my background, my plans, my likes and dislikes...

Paying for bills apparently! Muttered a voice from behind the bar, but when CJ turned to stare at the interruptor there was no-one to face him. So he continued.

And I have plans. Wicked plans. Evil plans. Plans that would make you wake up in the night and shiver with fear. Plans that if you were to fully comprehend them would leave you unable to stare a cat in the face again. Or rather I should say I had plans. For now I find myself unable to live with myself, my time in this town has ended, and I must reveal myself to be...

Mafia.

The crowd gasped, and as one rose to their feet, perhaps to apprehend CJ, perhaps to flee from his presence. But before anyone could do anything CJ whipped out a bottle of whisky from under his coat - one of Ezio's finest single malts, purloined earlier when he'd been distracted with his new bar staff - and poured the contents straight down his throat. And to finish the job, before anyone could warn him about the dangers of alcohol poisoning, he swallowed a lit match - which amazingly caused the whisky to combust, and explode CJ into a splatter of blood, limbs, and most importantly, a dead mafia member.

Another member of the mafia had taken their own life.

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another mafioso dead and splattered rather messily over the bar. Perhaps there is some mysterious suicide pact going on among the mafiosi, or are they really suicides? Are they really dead? Am I being excessively paranoid?

But no use crying over spilled mafiosi. Leonato steps over the scattered remains of CJ and heads home to plan his costume for karaoke night.

The little red cocktail dress, or the bunny outfit, decisions, decisions...

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

I hope Basso/Ezio can get the bar cleaned up in time for the party! [Disappointed]

Chelley got news of the most recent happenings in the bar, and digging out her marigolds thought she'd better wander over there and give Ezio a hand with scrubbing the guts off the floor and walls before the festivities began...

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Floating in the ether, the ghost of Little Stevie Peterson heard about the evening's festivities...

"Why couldn't you have had a party while I could still come to it?! Mutter grumble bastards..."

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In her apartment, Celeste Smudgeson hears the sound of the marching band and looks out of a window to see placards proclaiming a fancy dress karaoke party. At last, some decent music, rather than the tuneless screeching of that rather inept busker who'd been haunting the streets recently. She notes subconsciously that the busker hasn't been seen recently... though she's hardly going to shed a tear about anyone who could inflict such cruelty on the intestines of a cat.

She notes, too, however, that the population of the little town seems distinctly depleted and she begins to wonder whether there may have been more deaths while she was sleeping. The blaring radio from the neighbouring apartment seems to have gone quiet too.

She begins to ponder... having heard a rumour that mafia membership was rife amongst marine creatures, was a wet kipper merely a red herring, and what was with the recent change from blue to red?

But more important matters press on her mind at the moment. What to wear to the party? She opens her suitcase and begins to rummage through.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Voting opens
Following a second mafia suicide, there are 15 of you left. 8 is therefore enough votes to secure a lynching - and to speed things up, if 8 of you declare against lynching anyone, the voting phase will end. Otherwise, it lasts 36 hours from the time of this post.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think The kipper done it.

I vote for a lynching of the Wet Kipper.

I never liked smoked fish anyway.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

I'm voting for Leonato.

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

After mulling it over, I have decided not to have kippers for dinner tonight.

His reasoning has sunk in and is convincing me.

So sorry for, er, floundering, but after all that it's Banner Lady for me.

Btw, all these Mafia suicides (well, all 2 of them) are looking odd. I wonder if the 'Ndrthingummies are bumping them off and making it look like suicide? Something fishy is definitely going on - and I wonder if someone "persuaded" Madame Comet to shut up shop?

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

not wishing to make the same mistake as I did last time, I vote for Lynching Banner Lady

--------------------

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the suspicions already stated, in the midst of total confusion, I vote for Wet Kipper

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:

Fancy Dress Karaoke tomorrow night... Basso's Bar (with permission?) [/i]

Karaoke? Who's running this place these days? I never planned a karaoke party in my joint. Sheesh, though. Come on in.

(What a mess. In here and in the town. I don't know who to vote for. Maybe somebody will get drunk at the party and reveal a clue.)

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Business was picking up at the chocolate shop on the other side of town. As a way to keep better track of the children, talk with them at quiet moments, and let them do their schoolwork near her (one at a time), Mrs. Cuppy had installed tables and chairs in the front of the store. She now served tea, coffee, and chocolate. The truffles had been selling well, but lately people were going for the plainer creams and solids. Caramels never went out of style.

Style. That is what Mrs. Cuppy had been thinking about all day. She heard about the party across town at the bar and was determined to make it, at least for a short while. And what to wear?! She knew she was not exactly on the cutting edge of fashion. Ah, well, no money for extra clothes; she would have to make do with something serviceable from her closet. All these deaths lately! She was sure that would be the talk of the night. The suicides especially shocked her. Such nice looking young people, too. Can anyone look more innocent than a Lego man with a name like Christian? Tsk. Tsk. Mrs. Cuppy feels sorry for his parents.

For now, Mrs. Cuppy was off for her daily walk, this time toward the voting booth. She bumps into the bartender, who is standing around indecisively outside. They visit a moment, and she tells him that as the party is to be at night time, the polls will be closed by then. Privately, Mrs. Cuppy is thinking that there may be safety in numbers, and that the whole town may be safer if they all stick together. But with a sigh she knows that dire deeds can happen anywhere. She steps inside and votes for Banner Lady.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
At last, some decent music, rather than the tuneless screeching of that rather inept busker who'd been haunting the streets recently. She notes subconsciously that the busker hasn't been seen recently... though she's hardly going to shed a tear about anyone who could inflict such cruelty on the intestines of a cat.

As the old lady is deciding what twin set to wear, a ghostly busker starts playing a tune outside her window Suicide is painless [Snigger]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

With accusations flying around Leonato is ever more fearful for his life, but he must do his civic duty.

His vote, no surprises here, goes to
Banner Lady.

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

quote:
For the suspicions already stated, in the midst of total confusion, I vote for <snip>

Banner Lady.

Autumn comes home from the polls and starts to inspect her dresses for the big event. Ah yes, this one. Slit up as far as possible, and down as far as possible, and barely covering possible.

--------------------
Truth

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

I make that 5 for Banner Lady, 2 for Wet Kipper and 1 for Leonato. With 7 left to vote all three can still be lynched, but Leonato is one vote for someone else away from safety - for now at least!

--------------------

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
I make that 5 for Banner Lady, 2 for Wet Kipper and 1 for Leonato. With 7 left to vote all three can still be lynched, but Leonato is one vote for someone else away from safety - for now at least!

Although even if that saving vote is cast, people can still vote for leonato, either to indicate their belief in his guilt, or to stymie the attempts to lynch others.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

Since I'm now running a restaurant, I have to be careful about the quality of food. I'd bin a blue kipper with no hesitation; the same goes for the wet one.

Ezio votes for Wet Kipper.

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Well, despite my inclination to vote for Wet Kipper to return the favour, I vote for Leonato

--------------------

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

Despite all the whispering going on around the town and the expressions of distrust with their calls for lynching... Chelley's mind was on other things! Hmmm, what to wear for the fancy dress karaoke party that everyone seemed to be getting nicely enthusiastic about?
She fancied something historically elegant to wear... Elizabeth I? Nah... too starchy! Marie Antoinette... no, perhaps not... she didn't want any extra reminders of lynching with all the killing going on round here already!! She continued to ponder as she headed off to the fancy dress shop over at the other end of town...

[ 04. November 2006, 09:14: Message edited by: Chelley ]

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

nem
Shipmate
# 11108

- Posted      Profile for nem   Email nem   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't really hvae any idea of who might actually be mafia but I'll vote for Banner Lady to help seed the process along.
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Voting Over

The voting closes with the following votes cast:

Banner Lady (nominated by Wet Kipper): 6 votes: Pure Sunshine, Wet Kipper, CuppaT, leonato, Autenrieth Road, nem
Wet Kipper (nominated by Pure Sunshine): 3 votes: Smudgie, Rugmaker, basso
Leonato (nominated by Banner Lady): 3 votes: Chelley, Banner Lady

As no-one got the requisite 8 votes, you're all spared for now. As you wipe your respective brows and head home, night falls, and those who have actions now should take them.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

who didn't vote ?

this is getting ridiculous. [Disappointed]

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My notes have Izzybee, Lambchopped, Linguo, and Zorro as still playing. Are they still in town? And I think Teufelchen meant that Leonato got 2 votes against him, which is what I had counted, too.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Dorothy went down town and bought herself some more crackers. Ezio had told her about the karaoke fancy dress night, and that the bar staff should dress up too. She decided to go as a Christmas tree, and hoped the night wouldn't be a fizzer. She would try her hardest to make sure it wasn't. The town seemed quite enlivened by the idea of some entertainment and it was worth seeing the look on Ezio's face as she stepped out of the back room in her red shoes and little green swing dress festooned with tinsel and crackers.

"You do realize everyone's going to be trying to pull on those all night?" he growled disapprovingly.

Dorothy smiled sweetly.
"It's okay, Ezio. I don't snap so easily, you know."

--------------------

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

quote:
this is getting ridiculous. [Disappointed]

Indeed, as things stand I think the mafia can easily prevent a lynching by splitting the vote or abstaining.

Leonato summons up his nerve and his acting skills and steps up onto the platform in the square:

Friends, Cosenzans, countrymen, lend me your ears! The time has come for me to speak up, in case I do not survive the night.

I, like Wet Kipper remain convinced that Banner Lady is guilty, and probably 'Ndrinu. I also suspect several people of being her henchmen.

First, Chelly, who has always voted with Banner Lady, and is noticeably the only one to support her nomination of me. Do not trust Ezio/Basso, who also seems to vote with BL, except when my nomination proved fruitless and he voted for Wet Kipper. I also suspect Zorro, who has been rather quiet of late - keeping quiet to avoid suspicion perhaps?

Citizens! We must work together to protect ourselves. Perhaps this outburst will end my life, but if it does you will know my innocence for certain. If I survive perhaps you will not trust me, but only by speaking out can we defeat the evil in our midst.

I urge all other good citizens of Cosenza Beach to join me on this stage and to likewise air their views.

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Originally posted by CuppaT:
My notes have Izzybee, Lambchopped, Linguo, and Zorro as still playing. Are they still in town? And I think Teufelchen meant that Leonato got 2 votes against him, which is what I had counted, too.

It's what I counted, also. The error was a simple typo.

I'm fairly sure all of the surviving players are still in town.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Amazing how a simple cold can make you feel so crappy...." though Iz to herself as she got up out of bed ofr the first time in days.

It's also scary, how a town can be reduced to a howling mob by these murders. She decides to get out of her mother's house for a while, and spend the evening getting to know her new hometown.

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Zorro as still playing. Are they still in town?
Argh, sorry, yes, I am, but I also got lost when the times got kinda mixed up a while back, sorry people. I'll vote next time! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016