homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2006 (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  31  32  33 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2006
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i was starting to wonder the same thing!

(sp)

[ 21. September 2006, 21:58: Message edited by: icklejen ]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's for the thrill and excitement.

And the hope that there may be some secret that even Quizmaster hasn't even thought of yet.

Mind you, historically at this stage the number of people who drop out through Newton's third law of motion make the thrill quite low......or has Quizmaster got some scheme lined up for these dare devils?

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Buenos Aires with 11,474,205.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ACOL-ite:
Are people who are posting small places doing it for the excitement of not knowing whether they're putting their place in jeopardy or not? Or is there some secret here?

For me -- discovering belatedly how very small Chicago is compared to the truly large cities of the world -- it's because I didn't notice the potential subtlety of Quizmaster's "low populations lose."

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Birdsville Population is 1,520,000
Waddi trees that is. And frankly, they are more interesting than Australians.
But for the Pedants, People Population of Birdsville = 100.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bangkok! City of my kid! and population 6,355,144 as of the year 2000.

and, just in case "the bigger the better" counts for length of name as well, the city's real name is (brace yourself):

Krung Thep Maha Nakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udom Ratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanu Kamprasit

which means, "L.A. East" - well, ok not exactly. but it's another City of Angels: "The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukam."

and, is in the Guinness book as the longest place name, world over.

but we just like to call it Bangkok. [Smile]

Comet

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by icklejen:
i was starting to wonder the same thing!

(sp)

With this at the top of a page, should it read ESP rather than sp.

But as the rogue alluded to, in the first few rounds, there is much attrition due to people failing to post within the time frame, foolishly allowing real life to intervene.

The game of living on the edge gets progressively riskier. But fun.

[Typo-the scary thing is, I do actually use preview psot.]

[ 21. September 2006, 23:29: Message edited by: Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow ]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mumbai (or the old Bombay), India at 13 million with other estimates of 18.4 million and counting! I think that I might have a chance at winning this since my chosen city also has a own beverage named after it. Cheers!
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sinistærial
Ship's Lefty
# 5834

- Posted      Profile for Sinistærial   Author's homepage   Email Sinistærial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
William Creek, South Australia, has a population of 16.

--------------------
People laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at other people because they are all the same.
æ = æ

Posts: 894 | From: The Holy City - Adelaide | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do we find out in advance how long a round will last, or is it sudden death? I recall KOQ05 having announcements of length-of-round. Not that the esteemed, illustrious, all-wise, and all-powerful Quizmaster needs to do things this year the way he's done them any other year. Or tell us anything. Or anything at all.

I ask because I am going away until Monday night and dread being knocked out for apparent inattention so early.

Provided of course that my Chicago passes the cutoff of whatever constitutes low populations.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps I sampled some of that beverage before that post. Smapled? "Also has its own" might have made better sober sense!
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll go with one of my least favorite cities (no offense to those who live there) with Los Angeles which has population 3,448,613 apparently.

For those looking for proof of population, if you put your city's name and the word population into ask.com it'll tell you the population right there which is convenient.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Johannesburg has a population of 3,225,812.

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Berlin has a population of 3,384,499 as of 2000. Maybe that's a bit out of date. Wiki says that the population was 3,395,189 in 2005 so I guess it didn't change that much.

Dave

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My choice is KRAKOW with a population of 800,000 along with more English, Scottish and Irish pubs than anywhere else I have ever been and "slightly more women then men".

Autenrieth Road - You can relax - I am also away for the weekend, and we have an appeal from one competitor that access is only available at work. So for a while at least there will be no weekend knockouts.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
all these huge populations are giving me the willies. no wonder the world is suffering. that's so many people! [Eek!]

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And these excellent people are just a few of those 3,225,812 in Joburg!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Birdseye

I can see my house from here!
# 5280

- Posted      Profile for Birdseye   Author's homepage   Email Birdseye   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah -it has to be the charming seaside town of Bournemouth
with a population of 695 in 1801 it had grown to 16,859 by 1881 and then more than doubled in the next ten years to 37,000. Today the population is 164,000.

--------------------
Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans.
a birdseye view

Posts: 1615 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If we count residents both above and below ground, then the City of the Dead (near Cairo, Egypt) approximately 1,000,000 above ground, and untold numbers below. (Truly untold--they don't exactly publish a phone book!) [Biased]

Otherwise, Cairo, Egypt-- 10,772,000

[ 22. September 2006, 08:33: Message edited by: Golden Key ]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm guessing that icklejen will get helpful points for linking to a site which could effectively give everyone else their entry for this round, and anyone then using that site will get negative originality points ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beijing, China with 14.93 million, which is rather less than I would have guessed.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
LMC

Shipmate
# 86

- Posted      Profile for LMC   Email LMC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to go for VIENNA, population 1.65 million people, capital of Austria, home of of the famous Wiener Schnitzel and the supersweet Sacher-Torte. Also where we went on honeymoon [Smile]

--------------------
hello

Posts: 505 | From: Off the M9 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ACOL-ite:

Are people who are posting small places doing it for the excitement of not knowing whether they're putting their place in jeopardy or not? Or is there some secret here?

I'm sure there is - which is why I went MOTR (story of my life, really).

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's got to be good old Brummagem, with an estimated population (in 2005) of 1,001,200.

It's also the most populated district in the country, what with London being split into lots of little ones and all...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought I might present the other Birmingham! [Big Grin] The one in Alabama has a population of "242,820, and a metro population of 1,079,089".

I know this comes as a shock to those of you who expected me to post a Florida city! [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I know this comes as a shock to those of you who expected me to post a Florida city! [Biased]

I would have posted an Alaskan city, but you all would have laughed at me!
[Razz]

Comet

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
I'm guessing that icklejen will get helpful points for linking to a site which could effectively give everyone else their entry for this round, and anyone then using that site will get negative originality points ?

and i'm guessing papa smurf will get points, just for being lovely [Smile]

--------------------

Linguo

Ship's grammar robot
# 7220

- Posted      Profile for Linguo   Email Linguo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Frankfurt am Main, with a population of 1,468,140 in the greater metropolitan area.
Posts: 997 | From: around and about the place | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cometchaser:
quote:

I would have posted an Alaskan city, but you all would have laughed at me!
[Razz]

Comet

I almost posted Anchorage, as that population is higher than that of Birminhay-um. [Big Grin] And, I've actually been to Anchorage, as opposed to that southern city.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...and i'm guessing papa smurf will get points, just for being lovely [Smile]

Wait until LMC sees this! [Eek!]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dar es Salaam. 2 500 000

Capital of Tanzania.

Tom

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So many good resources still out there!

[ 22. September 2006, 20:25: Message edited by: chicklegirl ]

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Birmingham! [Big Grin] The one in Alabama has a population of "242,820, and a metro population of 1,079,089".

maybe birmingham city - but there are less people in the entire state than the metro population you site.
[Eek!] all of anchorage (and four other "towns" actually) are within it's own city limits.

eta: with a half-million people statewide, we only get half a congressman! and boy, if you've heard of our congressman... that is so painfully true.

[ 22. September 2006, 21:59: Message edited by: cometchaser ]

--------------------

Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gotham City has 10 million people.

Strangely, I can find no listed population size for Minas Tirith.

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
LMC

Shipmate
# 86

- Posted      Profile for LMC   Email LMC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
quote:
...and i'm guessing papa smurf will get points, just for being lovely [Smile]

Wait until LMC sees this! [Eek!]
Don't worry - he can cope with the odd flirtacious comment [Biased] (and he loves it really!) [Big Grin]

--------------------
hello

Posts: 505 | From: Off the M9 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LMC:
Don't worry - he can cope with the odd flirtacious comment [Biased] (and he loves it really!) [Big Grin]

Icklejen being flirtatious? I never thought I'd see the day.

;o)

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
Icklejen being flirtatious? I never thought I'd see the day.

;o)

i was NOT flirting. flirting is when i insult you, bonehead!

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
erm, Personal attacks belong in Hell, even if it is domestic.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
FreeJack
Shipmate
# 10612

- Posted      Profile for FreeJack   Email FreeJack   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
St David's, Wales with 1,600

See [url= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_David%27s]Wiki
[/url]

(Sorry code won't work.)

[ 23. September 2006, 16:42: Message edited by: FreeJack ]

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes it will.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

OK, not hard, I'm not creative in that way, but here's my code.

23/19 2 79 11/2/79 11 61 97/3 2 7/13 11 11 37 23 43 17/2 3 47 73 71/71 19 23 67.

--------------------

Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

I like the codes that are out of books, you had to know the page or sentence, but could work it out with the letters. None of this silly two over, three down, two do-si-does, secret handshake, throw the dart while holding the right hand in an Egyptian position during the blue moon stuff.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps you should try mine ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:

I need to make a note to use websites like Lucky Carl's Used Populations. Gay'run'taid to get you the city sizes you need or your money back.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been thinking about yours for a while, doublethink. If I can just figure out which book it practically could be I'll be set [Razz]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
<snippet> a link to my shipboard monogram, think bookish, think partial substitution </snippet>

I had to read over think think's clue twice before I realized what it signified. For those wishing to solve solve the code, it pays to be both literal and literary-minded. So, think think and then read read.

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You cracked it [Overused]

Maybe I gave too much away ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope you all had a good weekend. I know I did.

With 6 possible more answers (and speedway on TV tonight) I will leave this round open for one more day. Next round s/b (should be) tomorrow (around 27 hours from the time of this post).

Oh, and congratulations Chicklegirl on cracking the code of Doublethink.

Who should we target next?

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nutmeg I think you should try to break my quiz. I honestly think you have as good of a chance as Doublethink or Dave.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok rugasaw... thanks for you vote of confidence. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by rugasaw:
Here is my code.

Hvsshuk okchvmali ai impa yo sv bohli hoke; afoha oka ontvlaka svsht aya hoke.

I anticipate having to give a few clues later in the quiz. I may not be able to break anyone elses codes but I have faith in the difficulty of mine.

and then....

quote:
Since the first round is about to begin I shall provide a hint. My code is based on perhaps the most unbreakable code of all time. Lets see if you can break it.

[Roll Eyes] I'm working on it....
[Help]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  31  32  33 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016