homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Ancient Mariner, media tart (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Ancient Mariner, media tart
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Ruth!

[Killing me] GREAT letter!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Littlelady
Shipmate
# 9616

- Posted      Profile for Littlelady     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome Ruth!

Loved the letter. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'When ideas fail, words come in very handy' ~ Goethe

Posts: 3737 | From: home of the best Rugby League team in the universe | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome Ruth. Good to see you and I hope you stick around.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ruth Gledhill
Media strumpet
# 10885

- Posted      Profile for Ruth Gledhill   Author's homepage   Email Ruth Gledhill   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes I will stay on board, now that at long last I've finally worked out how to do it. I tried for a long time to post and then gave up. I never realised that the 'add reply' button was actually the 'post' button. I also cannot work out how to add one of those nice pictures to my displayed name. Oh well. Very much an apprentice I fear. Thank you for the welcome.
Posts: 27 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ruth Gledhill:
... I also cannot work out how to add one of those nice pictures to my displayed name. ...

From the FAQs:
quote:
How do I set up my avatar?

Go to your profile page (if you don't know how to get there, see "how do I change my profile?" above) and click on the "select a different avatar image" link near the bottom of the page. A pop-up window will show you the first page of avatars, but be sure to click the "next" link at the bottom of the page to see our full range of avatars – there are plenty of them to choose from! Click the one you want, then click the "select this avatar" button, which will close the pop-up window. Now scroll to the end of your profile page and hit the "update profile" button. If you don't do that last bit, then your avatar will not be changed.

Can I have a custom avatar?

The board software allows all registered members to have a custom avatar, but we've turned off this feature for general use for two good reasons. First, we regularly have people registering with us who are only here to cause mischief, and we don't want to give them license to post offensive images. Second, we need to safeguard against people who link to gigantic images, which would severely slow the loading of pages. Despite this, we do have a special custom avatar scheme which is open to anyone who has made shipmate status.

Oh, and Welcome Aboard!

[ 13. October 2006, 17:50: Message edited by: sharkshooter ]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's still time to back out, Ruth. Meanwhile...

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does the appearance of Ruth the locking of the thread in the Styx are these all the signs of the of Cosmogate? or do we have to wait for Mr cheesy to get a clue and Deon not to contradict himself within 20 minutes and me to return to lurkdom before it is all over. Tune in for the next exciting episode of Cosmogate....

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth, welcome to active life aboard the Ship!

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
or do we have to wait for Mr cheesy to get a clue and Deon not to contradict himself within 20 minutes and me to return to lurkdom before it is all over.

ands for me to get control of my temper and Ancient Mariner to quit tapping on our car windows... [Biased]

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, for goodness sake, stop being so friggin' polite, y'all.

Someone please ask this scarlet lady, this 'totally gutless reporter who extracts meaningless reports from intellectual and internet backwaters and blows them out of all proportion into something approaching newscopy in The Times' (mr cheesy OP) what the frig she thinks she is doing on MY thread...

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ancient Mariner

Apprentices are cut some slack aren't they? But its only a matter of time, I guess. Anyway I think you should be jumping all over somebody at the Church Times, rather than giving the blessed Ruth G (PBUH) the classic wind-up welcome. I thought you guys were supposed to be sweetness and light this week? [Disappointed]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

fabula rasa
Shipmate
# 11436

- Posted      Profile for fabula rasa   Email fabula rasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, AM.

Welcome, "Ruth", and many thanks for sharing the letter and the link with us. You will no doubt have noticed that there's been a lot of speculation about the professional view of various issues of concern to us here. I will therefore take the liberty, since you've been brave enough to out yourself, of asking you a few pretty direct questions.

1. Obviously, the media has a job to do, and it is not always a nice one. Do you think you were treated fairly over the Babyshambles recording session incident?

2. Obviously most of your contracts have been with high-end organisations. Are you what we might call "sola natura", or do you believe that there is everjustification for the use of polyester in high street clothing, or even liturgical vestments?

3. Are there any tricks for making one's bum NOT look big in an alb? (Or are you in favour of the just-hide-it-all-under-a-voluminous-chazzie approach?)

4. I know that this might not seem directly related to Christian Unrest, but a lot of us really want to know: are Eve Lom, La Prairie, etc worth the price?

5. Also, can you get free stuff from Dior etc on demand? (I mean not just in a standard-models'-size 8, but, say, a 14?) I'm just curious.

6. And, since I think this will make the Powers Wot Be happy: do you have anything to add to the account given by the Ship of what happened in l'affaire Cosmo? Or any views on its ethical dimensions?

(And a final note to AM: this must be the first time EVER in the history of the boards that someone has asked us to be less polite. Especially in Hell.)

[can't spell or punctuate, even with preview post. Sigh.]

[ 13. October 2006, 19:45: Message edited by: fabula rasa ]

Posts: 465 | From: scepter'd isle | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

Thought so

--------------------

wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The only decision due to be brought to hell is leaking to the times.... I never trust that rag and would much have prefered it to the guardian.

That said, if you send it to the times it amuses the establishment type folks, eg the CofE and so it keeps it out of the rest of the press therefore the story dies a death very quickly.

Warm Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
fabula rasa
Shipmate
# 11436

- Posted      Profile for fabula rasa   Email fabula rasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wesleyswig, on what grounds would you have preferred the Grauniad? Do you rate Stephen Bates more highly than Kate/Ruth? Or were you seeking a different result in tems of exposure?
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:

Someone please ask this scarlet lady, this 'totally gutless reporter who extracts meaningless reports from intellectual and internet backwaters and blows them out of all proportion into something approaching newscopy in The Times' (mr cheesy OP) what the frig she thinks she is doing on MY thread...

I truly think seriously that Ruth should consider becoming a 3 AM girl. There is surely a slot open for blonde backwater scarlet reporters. And maybe mr. cheesy could afterward get a quick mention - get some cheesy celebrity action. Just a thought.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
fabula rasa
Shipmate
# 11436

quote:

Oh, for fuck's sake. She's more coherent than most people here, which is surely justification enough.

(What I'd really like to know is how she justifies working for Rupert Murdoch. But that's a whole other issue....)

So, back on track, Ruth, what do you think are the limits of responsible journalism wrt apparently errant clerics? And do you think Simon and AM behaved responsibly, both in deciding to run the story on the Ship webzine as they did, and by leaking it to you?

(I presume that RG is doing something sensible, like having dinner with Pete Doherty, unlike those of us who have to work tomorrow [Mad] , so we'll presumably have to wait for a reply.)

[ 13. October 2006, 20:01: Message edited by: fabula rasa ]

wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Wesleyswig, on what grounds would you have preferred the Grauniad? Do you rate Stephen Bates more highly than Kate/Ruth? Or were you seeking a different result in tems of exposure?
The Guardian would be more flippant and I would view it as less of a "real" story and easy to pass off from a website of Christian satire - whereas the Times is an establishment newspaper...

Therefore the idea of killing off a story that hasn't appeared (not a complete oxymoron though a consideration of self importance is always needed) needs to be considered by whom and whilst I can apreciate the trust AM must have in The Times I see the Guardian as more light hearted so a more honest removal of the story without any possible follow up.

Warm Regards

john

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wesleyswig:
quote:
The Guardian would be more flippant and I would view it as less of a "real"
I have seen the guardian get it's 'teeth' into vicar stories.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
... what the frig she thinks she is doing on MY thread...

one media tart per Hell thread?

c'mon, AM - scoot over and share a little! [Biased]

--------------------

Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The trouble with Ancient Mariner, my friends, is that he thinks he's the only tart in the village.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe some knave stole his heart away?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Does the appearance of Ruth the locking of the thread in the Styx are these all the signs of the of Cosmogate?

I'm pretty sure these are signs of the End Times. I can go back and re-read Ezekiel and Daniel and Wotthehiel, but I remember warnings about the Hoare of Babylondon, right? I'm sure... yeah...

(welcome, Ruth - we don't bite, really [Snigger] ).

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

quote:
Originally posted by LynnMagdalenCollege:
quote:
Does the appearance of Ruth the locking of the thread in the Styx are these all the signs of the of Cosmogate?

I'm pretty sure these are signs of the End Times. I can go back and re-read Ezekiel and Daniel and Wotthehiel, but I remember warnings about the Hoare of Babylondon, right? I'm sure... yeah...

It was meant to be 'the end' of cosmogate.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
cheesy, why don't you go do something useful with your life, like give blood. About nine pints should do it.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
The trouble with Ancient Mariner, my friends, is that he thinks he's the only tart in the village.

I heard that advancing age had forced him to retire from the world's oldest profession and the poor devil has been reduced to playing ragtime for room and board in a cheap London bordello.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
THAT's who was tapping on my window--!

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Gort, your link isn't working for me. *pout*

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

AM is taking the rôle too too to heart.

I will send the ship Oz$100 if you add 'Media Tart' to your Ship title and convince Ms Gledhill to add 'Media Strumpet' to hers.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fight-club for the soul
Shipmate
# 11098

- Posted      Profile for fight-club for the soul   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seconded. I'll send Au$50.

--------------------
"If I go they'll say I'm wrong, if I stay there'll be no song." - Delirious

Posts: 566 | From: 35°14'04.35" S 149°02'19.56" E | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cometchaser:
Gort, your link isn't working for me. *pout*

It must be the snow on your satellite dish or possibly electrostatic aurora borealis interference. Of course, it could be the sinister work of certain media manipulators bent on reducing their public exposure.

Try right click, copy link location, paste in new window.

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
excellent idea, Coot & Fight. Avatar? [Devil]

[ 14. October 2006, 07:02: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about this? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

classicgayphotographs.com? Lyda*Rose, I've met you and somehow this just doesn't fit my image of your casual Friday evening interweb browsing. What gives? Are you feeling particularly spunky tonight?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

got the link to work! (the first one) is that you, AM? what a great photo!

I'm on a tight budget, but I'll kick in $25 US for the title of media tart. no requirement for Ruth. (give her a chance to get truly corrupted, you guys! she shouldn't have to be a strumpet until at least her 10th post!)

Ancient Mariner - in honor of all the shit you're wading through, I told my favorite flack today what a great job he does, and cc'ed his boss.

Everyone needs to be told when they do it RIGHT occasionally.

Comet

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Everybody sing!

"She's got a brown ring around her nose!
and everyday, it grows and grows!"

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
classicgayphotographs.com? Lyda*Rose, I've met you and somehow this just doesn't fit my image of your casual Friday evening interweb browsing. What gives? Are you feeling particularly spunky tonight?

Amazing what can show up when you punch "sailor suit" into Google Image. [Biased]

I considered one of an old guy in a rubber fetish suit with a sailor hat- but naaah, I liked this cutie.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Dear all, I will respond properly later to your suggestions, it's just that today Simon and I are doing Ship of Fools Live in Warwickshire - a one and a half hour tour of the ship complete with music and movies - and I really have to get there.

Ship of Fools Live can come to a data projector near you. We are bookable - as tarts always are.

--------------------

fabula rasa
Shipmate
# 11436

So, AM, in response to Simon's post above, you're not the only tart in the village?

Good luck with SoF live!

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Everybody sing!

"She's got a brown ring around her nose!
and everyday, it grows and grows!"

kiss my ass, tin can.

being positive is not being a flunky.

when's the last time someone told you that you do a good job?

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

quote:
Dear all, I will respond properly later to your suggestions, it's just that today Simon and I are doing Ship of Fools Live in Warwickshire - a one and a half hour tour of the ship complete with music and movies - and I really have to get there.

Ship of Fools Live can come to a data projector near you. We are bookable - as tarts always are.

And where can we see these bookings on the webpage, for the pop-tarts? And book our own? And see how much you cost?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by cometchaser:
kiss my ass, tin can.

being positive is not being a flunky.

when's the last time someone told you that you do a good job?

The honor would be mine, I'm sure. However, the last time I checked, this was a Hell call and <gasp> this is Hell. IMO, there is nothing more cringe-worthy, here, than saccharine displays of admiration and cloying, happy-clappy compliments. Call me a curmudeon but I thought the mission of this Holy Hell board was for isolating conflict and flame wars.

Why not try dumping on mr. cheesy for his shitty OP or go open a "We Lurve da Editors" thread in Heaven? Bah! Hell is being overrun with smiling faces. [Disappointed]
quote:
Oh, for goodness sake, stop being so friggin' polite, y'all...

Yes, sir! May I have another, sir?!

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

fair nuff.

I think I already made it pretty clear how wrong Cheesy is, don't need to keep kicking.

call me crazy but I like to occasionally balance the "fuck you"s with the "Atta boy"s.

gack. this whole drama is just so hyperinflated and over extended.

Will somebody please be an asshole in Purgatory so we have something else to bitch and whine about?

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LynnMagdalenCollege:
(welcome, Ruth - we don't bite, really [Snigger] ).

I think it is unfair to post such malicious lies here. We do bite. We do tell people what we think of them, irrespective of their position or status.

Ruth - I hope you know what you have got into here.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
a one and a half hour tour of the ship complete with music and movies

and, in the latest edition, real blood?

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melon:
quote:
a one and a half hour tour of the ship complete with music and movies

and, in the latest edition, real blood?
When during the 90 minutes do you feed the 'gator?

And do you use live victims to do so?

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm.....is there any connection to the disappearance of several Shipmates recently......?

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Hmm.....is there any connection to the disappearance of several Shipmates recently......?

Ian J.

... and the appearance of several donations to the Organ Fund - for which our bank manager is very grateful.

[Cool]

Of course we know there are more punters slowly cruising these boards even now - with money to burn.

So, Ms Gledhill and I are happy to do what The Coot suggested earlier, and add Media Strumpet and Media Tart (respectively) to our descriptions in return for donations to the Organ Fund.

But we know you have more in your wallets...

So far approx £74 (sterling) has been promised, from three sources - The Coot, fight-club for the soul and cometchaser. This is the equivalent of $137 (US) or $183 (Oz).

If other posters on this thread can match that amount, Ruth and I will do the business.

If not, sorry love...

[ 16. October 2006, 07:47: Message edited by: Ancient Mariner ]

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sheesh, you really are a tart. I've seen less brazen soliciting in Darlinghurst Road from women in crotchless leather hotpants.

I'll put up $20 (family to support).

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Mr Clingford
Shipmate
# 7961

- Posted      Profile for Mr Clingford   Email Mr Clingford   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope my partner doesn't know where I am cruising but here's £10.

--------------------
Ne'er cast a clout till May be out.

If only.

Posts: 1660 | From: A Fleeting moment | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016