homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: The Ungorgiveable Sin (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: The Ungorgiveable Sin
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now let's be clear here: this is not a kerygmaniacal musation about the meaning of whatever chapter and verse that is - I am sooo over exegesis at the mo [Snore] - but a sort of heavenly meander about, well, being right really.

You see, being practically perfect in every way, I have a real insight into Right. And I have found some dreadful Wrongs in lesser mortals. Not trivial things like invading muslim nations or destroying the Ozone, but Serious Things™

Did you know there are some people who hang their toilet paper in such a way that the dangly bit goes down the wall side of the rolly bit, instead of the accesible exposed outer side [Disappointed] ?

Some people place boiled eggs upsidedown in the egg cup. Yup, upsidedown. Which means they chop off the Wrong End to access the yummies inside [Disappointed] .

Worse: some people (and I will name no names [Biased] ) leave the pegs on the line after removing the clothes . [Eek!] It's true. I'm married to one. [Help]

What's on your unforgiveable sin list?

[Edit: apart from mistyping thread titles [Big Grin] ]

[ 04. April 2007, 12:48: Message edited by: Sarkycow ]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Some people place boiled eggs upsidedown in the egg cup. Yup, upsidedown. Which means they chop off the Wrong End to access the yummies inside [Disappointed] .

But which end is the wrong end? Are you a Big-endian or a Little-endian?

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Did you know there are some people who hang their toilet paper in such a way that the dangly bit goes down the wall side of the rolly bit, instead of the accesible exposed outer side [Disappointed] ?

Not only that, there are some people so comfortable in that sin that they come into my house and rearrange my toilet paper so that it hamgs down the wall side as well (I could get hellish here, but I won't)!

Another thing on my sin list is when members of my family see that the trash can is full and instead of emptying it, start a trash pile on the kitchen counter nearest the trash can.

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Piling the washing-up so high that when you tryto access your mug at the bottom, the whole pile comes crashing down, typically breaking at least one item of crockery, for which you of course get the blame.

[ETA - cp with Izzybee - ah, yes, trash bins. Leaving the bin lid up in the summer and then complaining there's a smell in the kitchen]

[ 08. December 2006, 15:03: Message edited by: Matt Black ]

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
Are you a Big-endian or a Little-endian?

Well - I mean to say! How could you even ask! [Biased]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leaving.a.messy.desk
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bowls, saucepans etc in cupboards should be stacked smaller inside larger, not as a random, toppling pile.

The cupboard door shuts as well as opens.

In putting away clothes, please practice ancient chinese art of Fol Ding

It is allowable to occasionally throw away a piece of paper.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My sister always leaves toothpaste in the sink. It never fails to irritate me... and when she came to stay recently she made sure that she left it there just to wind me up!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
shoewoman
Shipmate
# 1618

- Posted      Profile for shoewoman   Email shoewoman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People widdling their thumbs. It drives me up the wall! [brick wall]

--------------------
Maybe I should get an avatar.... or maybe not....

Posts: 652 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How does that differ from twiddling?

Hair in the shower plughole

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

shoewoman
Shipmate
# 1618

- Posted      Profile for shoewoman   Email shoewoman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
How does that differ from twiddling?

By forgetting a "t".

--------------------
Maybe I should get an avatar.... or maybe not....

Posts: 652 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Petaflop
Shipmate
# 9804

- Posted      Profile for Petaflop   Email Petaflop   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Are they pet owners? Some dogs and cats will roll the roll towards them in order to get a long end of paper to play with. In many cases this can be foiled by hanging the roll paper-to-wall.
Jonathan Strange
Shipmate
# 11001

- Posted      Profile for Jonathan Strange   Email Jonathan Strange   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thread: The Ungorgiveable Sin
I thought this was going to be about the sin of ugliness!

--------------------
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bears his teeth, winter meets its death,
When he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again"

Posts: 1327 | From: Wessex | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read it as 'widdling on their thumbs' which is probably related to no. 1 on my unforgiveable sin list, namely, not putting the loo seat and lid down when you've finished. Also related to not aiming straight and widdling on the floor. Especially carpeted floor. Yeuuuuuch!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...on a related note, those who make a mess in the toilet that flushing alone will not resolve ... and despite knowing this, they wander off and leave it to be found by the next unsuspecting soul!

Why?

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Legodude_uk

Protector of Zebras
# 5671

- Posted      Profile for Legodude_uk   Email Legodude_uk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Squeezing the toothpaste tube in the middle is number 1 on my list of unforgivables!!!

--------------------
If a man is standing in a forest speaking but there are no women around to hear him...is he still wrong?

Posts: 2619 | From: The Home of the Saints | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh yes, leaving pegs on the line! HWMBO does that too and regularly watches me going and getting them all in and putting them in the plastic bucket provided. I sometimes wonder if me taking them in annoys him as much as him leaving them out does me!

Other sins against humanity are hanging trousers on shirt hangers and shirts on trouser hangers, and the way Mrs E, who 'comes in and does' for us, hangs my trousers on the line after she has washed them drives me scatty!

And as for folks who don't wipe the cooker over with a damp cloth when they have finished cooking - aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

I, of course, have no bad habits of this nature and am amazingly easy to live with, just as you'd expect. You only have to ask PeteCanada who will, if he knows what's good for him, completely agree!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two things that drive me nuts: Opening or finishing a package of cheese, or some other comestible, and leaving the packaging on the counter, when the waste basket is only two steps away; making a mess (spilling crumbs or coffee grounds, for example) and not tidying it up, when the sponge is right there and it would only take a moment....

[Mad]

....the way my husband does.

Ross, glad he's not here to tell on me

[ 08. December 2006, 15:50: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Also related to not aiming straight and widdling on the floor. Especially carpeted floor. Yeuuuuuch!

Not as bad as widdling on the radiator in the toilet - my brother used to do that regularly at home, resulting in the radiator having to be replaced because it was rusted through after about 2 years.

--------------------

Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Judging from what some of you have said, I fear I am headed straight for the infernal regions.

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Tangent in response to Matt B ... I suddenly have the storyline for a prison break film ...]

[ 08. December 2006, 16:00: Message edited by: Malin ]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone in this house 'helps' with the laundry. He (oh yes, it's the 'he' of the household), empties the washing machine, but always leaves one item tucked away in the drum, which I don't find until after the next wash (which is usually white if a dark item has been left, and v v).

He then takes the wet items from the basket, and pegs whichever bit he grabbed hold of to the line, and then pegs another random bit of said item alongside...just as it comes.
Dried clothes are taken down and dropped into the basket, and are brought back indoors just as they land. (To be fair, he does bring in the pegs).

Sometimes he gets down the garden before me to collect washing that I have hung out, shaken and pulled into shape while wet, and performs the same unpeg-and-drop-into basket routine.
He doesn't understand why I thank him through gritted teeth.

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

quote:
Originally posted by Malin:
[Tangent in response to Matt B ... I suddenly have the storyline for a prison break film ...]

The Great Piss-cape?

I'll get me coat...

But before I do,

#58: people who get butter, jam and bread out, make a sandwich, and then just bugger off without putting any of them back

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Not noticing" when the toilet roll is used up - I'd rather have it hung backwards than be surprised by an empty cardboard tube that is all that's available.
[Mad]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Arcadia
Shipmate
# 12096

- Posted      Profile for Arcadia   Email Arcadia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, here's my hitlist:
People who use all but the very last square of toilet paper when there's clearly no replacement roll. I mean, why not use the lot? Why leave the torment?

Folk who leave trolleys in the parking spaces of supermarket car parks. Are they that lazy?

Small kids who can only communicate by screaming.

I do the thing with the hair in the plug hole....

--------------------
"Then said Christian to his fellow, Now do I see myself in error"

John Bunyan, The Pilgrim's Progress

Posts: 92 | From: Maidenhead, UK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the classic of this ilk is the leaving a tiny film of milk in the bottom of the bottle/carton - just enough so it's not "empty" and therefore they are justified in returning it to the fridge, but not enough to actually use (unless you take your tea/coffee by the thimble-full).

My other current bugbear is a certain person at work who points things out on my LCD screen by actually touching the screen. It's not just the fact that he lives big smudgy fingerprints on my monitor but that he gets upset when I explain that I can't explain to him what such-and-such error message means in the email he's just sent me because the text in question is hidden by his big fat finger!

From the same perpetrator - not understanding the concept of personal space.

I best stop now, I can feel my blood pressure rising.

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Petaflop:
quote:

Are they pet owners? Some dogs and cats will roll the roll towards them in order to get a long end of paper to play with. In many cases this can be foiled by hanging the roll paper-to-wall.
The same for toddler-owners.

As for people who take left-overs from the fridge and leave the empty plate in there ...

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I work in an open area, and so have to set very strict boundaries with my co-workers as to when I may and may not be interrupted. High on my list of * "ungorgivable" sins is said co-workers standing at my desk while I'm on the phone. Most people will see I am otherwise engaged, then toddle off and check back in a few minutes. Others, however, settle in happily for the duration, listening to me with great interest as I try to, say, work on a safety plan with a client who's being abused. Much fun.

In my family, it has always been unforgivable to "kill a stretch." This involves sneaking up on a person engaged in a prolonged and eminently satisfying full-body stretch, lying in wait until they are at the utmost limit of said stretch, and digging them in the ribs. (Then running like the wind, pursued by their victim!)

* Zappa, this is a great term! It has overtones of one's gorge rising - it's in my permanent vocabulary now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ann - not only leaving the plate in the fridge, but also the knife or whichever utensil they were using to get the leftovers.

I cannot stand an empty plate and a dirty knife sitting on the shelf of the fridge like they're meant to be there!

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Bowls, saucepans etc in cupboards should be stacked smaller inside larger, not as a random, toppling pile.

The cupboard door shuts as well as opens.

In putting away clothes, please practice ancient chinese art of Fol Ding

It is allowable to occasionally throw away a piece of paper.

And you know me from where? [Paranoid]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mgeorge
Shipmate
# 10487

- Posted      Profile for mgeorge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Folks in public places who talk loudly and incessantly on their cell phones. I don't need or want to know about the faults of significant others, the latest update on embarrassing medical conditions, and all the other stuff I really don't (nor the rest of the general public)need to know.
Posts: 1021 | From: By the beach | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lumpy da Moose
Shipmate
# 9038

- Posted      Profile for Lumpy da Moose   Email Lumpy da Moose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, goody, a chance to vent about the two young men living with me (my son and his friend)!

Please, just finish the last mouthful of soda, milk, juice, tea, whatever, in the fridge and don't insult the next person by "saving" it for them. Don't tell me you couldn't fit it in the glass. I know it's a dodge to get out of putting the container in the trash. Which of course is too full, and they'll be damned if THEY'RE gonna be the one to walk it 20 feet to the outdoor container and miss out on a minute of WoW. [Confused]

Same holds true for cereal, crackers, cookies (I mean leaving one Pecan Sandie-- WTF kind of an insult is THAT?), peanut butter, cheese, lunchmeat, etc. In fact, if anything requires being dealt with other than by consuming, it's to be ignored. Oh, and not reclosing the container so the crispy stuff doesn't get soggy and the soggy stuff doesn't get crispy.

Oh, and please don't tell me when you take the last roll of TP (from my bathroom) -- I LOVE surprises! Especially when you leave just three squares on the empty roll.

Leaving clothes in the dryer (or washer) when someone else wants to use it.

Making macaroni and cheese in the middle of the night and not cleaning up the pans, utensils, or the dishes. And hoping the dishwashing troll will do them. In fact the drainer full of clean dishes would love to be emptied (as would the dishwasher), since they haven't figured out how to put themselves away yet. [Roll Eyes]

Food trash in one's bedroom should be left long enough for the Florida-sized cockroaches to clean it up, thereby saving you a trip to the (overflowing) trash can. Ants, too. They love grease and sugar. [Ultra confused]

Whoever plugged the toilet. YOU get the plunger and poke around in your mess. [Disappointed]

Teenagers-- one learns why animals eat their young! [Mad]

And remember, younglings-- what goes around comes around. And that lump in your bed might just be that macaroni pan . . .

--------------------
member, Our Ladye of the Bandwidthe and All Angels

Posts: 1035 | From: Gulf Coast, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of mine have already been mentioned but
Using the last of some necessary cooking item the day of a grocery store trip and then not noting this or putting it on the list-thus necessitating another trip the next day. People did this all the time at my parent's house--truly annoying--until my father made the offender(s) do the store run!

Similarly leaving a slightly empty box of something so that no one knows its about empty until after said store run.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

I, of course, have no bad habits of this nature and am amazingly easy to live with, just as you'd expect. You only have to ask PeteCanada who will, if he knows what's good for him, completely agree!

[Eek!]

Should I not mention at least one tiny imperfection so that people won't think you are a candidate for beatification?

(Nods to himself)

Wodders (every Tuesday, and sometimes on Sundays), inflicts the smell of [Projectile] marmite and soft cheese in the breakfast nook.

I mean, is that not unforgivable?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Foxy
Shipmate
# 2409

- Posted      Profile for Foxy   Email Foxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My darling Mr. Foxy is hanging the storm windows right this very minute, and he scrubbed out the humidifier before that, and this morning he changed a very poopy 22 month old...however. He is not perfect. If he were perfect, he would occasionally--at least once--in the course of our marriage--PUT HIS CLEAN CLOTHES IN THE DRAWER!

The laundry is mine to do, and I do it gladly for all five people in the family, including cloth diapers, and I dry them and fold them and put them away in four people's dressers...but my husband's chest of drawers is too full of who knows what tee shirts and sweatpants to cram anything into--so I leave it for him. And his solution is to keep laundry baskets half-full of clean items around to be tripped over, and he gets dressed out of them each day. Dirty clothes then go on the floor. SO THE CLOTHES ARE NEVER PUT AWAY.

Oh my it feels good to vent. Every time I'm tempted to go into a self-righteous tirade to him directly, I remember the thousand ways I am the slovenly, careless one. So I guess we're both going to hell. [Hot and Hormonal]

Posts: 499 | From: 11 blocks west | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zealot en vacance
Shipmate
# 9795

- Posted      Profile for Zealot en vacance   Email Zealot en vacance   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the gew occasions we exchange vehicles, guess how much there is in her car's guel tank?

When she has the last spoongul grom the tea caddy, does she ever regill it?

When near the end og the packet og basic grocery items: glour/butter/bread/cereal/milk, does she ever tick the shopping list?

It does have it's gunny side mind. Not so very long ago, gully prepared to deliver a major seminar before the great and the good, she had to go commando. Threw away all her gallen-apart knickers with not a thought og buying replacements. Mr Eggiciency had the wash on; when cries were heard "Guck! I haven't got any knickers!"

[ 08. December 2006, 20:12: Message edited by: Zealot en vacance ]

--------------------
He said, "Love one another".

Posts: 2014 | From: Surface of planet Earth | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ZeV - I'm sorry, but [Killing me]

not for the content, of course.

*hee hee... snort*

I first would like to join in righteous indignation with the rest here, you all have much the same issues as me, so I wont go into the TP issue or the fact that it is common lately to find pee all over the bathroom! [Mad]

my issue is similar to Foxy's. it's about socks. and, I'm sorry, fellas - it's about the male of the species. why oh why dear God?!?!??!

we are a shoe-free household, as is custom up here. the three males in my home seem to have some sort of congenital hot-foot problem, and they shed their socks also, usually within 15 minutes of coming indoors. but while they are trained to shed the shoes by the door in the kunnichuq, they then walk into the living room, kitchen, in front of the fire, etc, and peel off these revolting, smelly, foot holsters from hell.

And leave them there.

so I come along (or my daughter, when she is here) and find little piles of socks all over the place. what really blows my mind (and I have kept data, people) is that after a day with 3 gentlemen (six feet) I can find as much as 9 socks on the floor.

9. not only is it more than six, but it's not even an even number! who wore a sock on one foot only????

the size of these socks vary from the tiny 5-year-old's wee stinky feet, to the Daddy's large Tubes of Terror.

We have, however, cured the adult one. about a year ago, daughter got disgusted and fed up, and devised a plan. whenever his socks were found in little piles (under the dinner table! on the kitchen counter!!!) we put the socks on his computer keyboard.

he ranted the first few times and called us disgusting. (yes... that's right... be disgusted...) and then miraculously, we no longer ever find Papa Bear Sock Piles.

however, we have yet to find the cure for the the two men-in-training.

they seem incapable of disgust.

(if my lurking husband reads this, no, none of the shipmates want to hear about the giant halibut head I kept in the freezer for a year, or the squirrel skeleton I'm assembling, or any of that. shush.)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Poor Zealot hasn't fot any knickers....

Should have a job like me, having to type so much theology that we've broken our keys next to that one so we have to use the next letter over....

Qwerty, meet Dvorak.....

M

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
madteawoman
Shipmate
# 11174

- Posted      Profile for madteawoman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Its not just teenage boys of course - teenage girls are just as bad: they seem to have failed to work out how the dishwasher door works, and therefore are unable to load or unload anything.

But the thing that really bugs me? DVD dominoes: this involves watching a dvd then not taking it out of the machine when you have finished. Next time, you take a new dvd out of its case and put the old one back in the wrong case. Same with the time after that, and the time after that. Finally mum (that's me) comes along to watch something and opens the dvd machine with a dvd in hand. Oh, there is already one in here. Hmm, here's the case, I'll just put it away - but no, there is another dvd in there. Okay, I'll find that case - but no, there is something else already in that one. Finally I have been through about 6 or 7 cases, rearranging all the dvds into their proper cases and I have forgotten where I put the one I actually wanted to watch.

Does anyone else have this problem?

--------------------
Listen carefully to my words, and let this be your consolation.
Bear with me, and I will speak; then after I have spoken, mock on.

Posts: 1446 | From: by the fireside | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes! Except in my house, the DVD gets taken out of the player and left on top of the player or the telly. Not even any attempt to put it in a case, wrong or right. I have nagged and nagged until my nagging muscles are weary, but my children do not listen.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
...the fact that it is common lately to find pee all over the bathroom! ...

What's wrong with them, anyway? Can't they shoot straight? Do they not grasp that it's unhygienic, let alone unesthetic? Have they not figured out that toilet paper works on both ends? Can't they clean up after themselves? Even cats know how to do THAT.

[Mad] indeed. It's disgusting.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What was that thread about people fearing missing on the joys of family life?

Living alone, free from all these sins, all I can say is: "Ha!" [Razz] .

Zappa, your problems are these:

(1) you hang the toilet paper the wrong way around. It looks wierd flapping there over the top; keep it happy and controlled against the wall like God intended.

(2) you eat disgusting half-cooked eggs. Eeeeeeew. Have a nice fully-boiled egg and then it won't matter which end is up. Or down.

(3) OK, you might have a point there. Just maybe. Clothespins are OK to be left on the line provided they are arranged in neat geometrical patterns, and not simply left up as a supposed time-saving ploy. I mean, it's only time-saving if the next things you hang up are exactly the same widths in exactly the same order as the previous ones, right?

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
Have they not figured out that toilet paper works on both ends?

Oh sure, go ahead and encourage people to unravel the toilet paper in search of the other end. And this will solve the problem how? [Big Grin] [Biased] [Razz] .

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What's on your unforgiveable sin list?
Messing up the broad sheet Sydney Morning Herald so it's all over the place and untidy. Then I have to spend time straightening it before I can get to reading.

The total inability to put anything dirty into the dishwasher. It all is left on the bench above the dishwasher until I give in and do it. Pleasant requests, comments, threats, sarcasm all have no effect whatsoever. I was once away at a conference for several days and returned to find all plates, cutlery, pans etc used in that time balanced in a precarious pile on the bench. Still dirty.

Just once in a while, someone other than myself empties the clean dishwasher. New kitchen was installed just a very short time ago- only five years now, so I must forgive him for the pile of clean things for which he does not have an address. [Confused] [Waterworks]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Members of my household seemed to have learned the art of turning on things as in lights, radio, music what have you but do not seem to know you also can also then turn them off when you leave a room.

Same members of household also take toast from toaster, lay in on the counter, not the bread board, spread on the peanut butter, walk off leaving behind toast crumbs and knife sticky with spread on the counter. [Mad]

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lillian
Shipmate
# 6158

- Posted      Profile for Lillian   Email Lillian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To me, the proof that it's God's will for the toilet paper go away from the wall is this: back when printed TP was in fashion, the print was always on that side.

I arrange my top sheets on the same "top side up" principle. I have a friend who believes in placing them the other way so that the print (if there is one) shows when you fold the top of sheet down over the blanket. It seems so fussy and wrong to me that when I stay at her house I'm always tempted to correct it and then put it back her way (i.e., the wrong way) in the morning.

Comet: The boy socks, yes. Always in odd numbers. And how do they get so stiff? What are their feet doing in there?

--------------------
Sometimes I think that the only art left for us is to slowly peel the label off a beer bottle while somebody tells us about a dream they had. —Lynda Barry

Posts: 233 | From: On a hallowed hill in Tennessee, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lillian:
Comet: The boy socks, yes. Always in odd numbers. And how do they get so stiff? What are their feet doing in there?

exactly! it's so.... *shivver*

In winter I can wear the same socks for days and you can't much tell.* but these guys, it's like ten minutes and the socks are walking off into the corner by themselves to have a sulk.

*prolly shouldn't have admitted to that.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So glad it's not just me getting irritated by these little things! My husband doesn't appear to realise that rubbish is supposed to be put in the bin. Especially plastic cider bottles. These are currently lined up in a neat row next to our kitchen counter. Every time I ask him to put them in the bin (crushed, of course), I get this fascinating reply 'But they take up room in the bin!'.

Other unforgiveable sins:

People who put the lights on at work when it is blazing sunshine outside and you can see perfectly well without them on.

People who claim that you're taking all of the duvet, when clearly it's their fault for sleeping on their side and creating a huge draught.

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In an old flat a female flat-mate and I did a compromise by putting both toilet seats down after use. It was good as both of us had to move seats each time we wanted to piss, not just me. Plus bog roll and other stuff wouldn't fall into the bog. In my present flat, however, the girls won't do this, so I leave the seat up.

People expecting attention from me when Liverpool are playing.

People who walk in front of the TV screen when something interesting is happening in a game (an attack, free kick outside the box, penalty [Mad] ).

People who leave long trails of bog roll after they have used it (well I say people but I mean women, as I have never seen a man do this).

People who smoke in my vicinity.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People who enter (or leave) via my front gate and fail to close it behind them.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016