homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Why not just have a siren go off? "FAT-so, FAT-so, FAT-so!" (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Why not just have a siren go off? "FAT-so, FAT-so, FAT-so!"
Rat
Ship's Rat
# 3373

- Posted      Profile for Rat   Email Rat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by AdamPater:
Yep, diabetes and heart disease are a hoot.

Yes, because all the other ways of dying are so positively cheery.

Personally, I can't wait 'till we've run out of usable antibiotics - then we can all die early of simple bacterial infections again, and we'll hear no more endless whining about heart disease and cancer.

--------------------
It's a matter of food and available blood. If motherhood is sacred, put your money where your mouth is. Only then can you expect the coming down to the wrecked & shimmering earth of that miracle you sing about. [Margaret Atwood]

Posts: 5285 | From: A dour region for dour folk | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Iole Nui:
quote:

Some are a lot better than heart disease and the complications of diabetes. One of my grandmothers died at 93 simply of being old. That would be just fine with me.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rat
Ship's Rat
# 3373

- Posted      Profile for Rat   Email Rat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Some are a lot better than heart disease and the complications of diabetes. One of my grandmothers died at 93 simply of being old. That would be just fine with me.

If only we could guarantee such an outcome just by living virtously.

One of mine never smoked, never drank more than 2 sherries once or twice a year and never ate more than would keep a bird alive. By her late 50s she had early onset alzeimers and parkinsons. For the four years before she died at 68 she was hospitalised, bedridden, catheterised, spoon-fed and living in nearly constant fear of an incomprehensible world.

The other died at 86 from throat cancer caused, most likely, by 70-odd years of smoking. Sore throat on monday, in hospital by thursday and dead by the weekend. Which would also be pretty fine by me.

Unfortunately we don't get what we deserve. They just want us to think we do.

--------------------
It's a matter of food and available blood. If motherhood is sacred, put your money where your mouth is. Only then can you expect the coming down to the wrecked & shimmering earth of that miracle you sing about. [Margaret Atwood]

Posts: 5285 | From: A dour region for dour folk | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Never trust a skinny cook.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pax Romana
Shipmate
# 4653

- Posted      Profile for Pax Romana   Email Pax Romana   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Never trust a skinny cook.

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Overused]

Pax Romana

--------------------
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

Posts: 4598 | From: New York City | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

But not nearly so simply avoidable (modulo family history).

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Nothing I'm going to tell the whole world on the internet! [Big Grin]

Well, if you're going through rafts of men, a la comet's suggestion, it'd be a great way to keep your weight down, I would think! [Big Grin]

Anyway, genetics of course affect things, but it seems that one's lifestyle choices can make a difference. But of course, you could get hit by a bus.

[ 27. December 2006, 21:41: Message edited by: Laura ]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:

Well, if you're going through rafts of men, a la comet's suggestion, it'd be a great way to keep your weight down, I would think! [Big Grin]
I haven't been going through rafts of men. But in light of the potential for weight loss, perhaps I'll start!

quote:

Anyway, genetics of course affect things, but it seems that one's lifestyle choices can make a difference. But of course, you could get hit by a bus.

If I could be assured of dying instantly, and if it weren't so awful for everyone else involved, I wouldn't mind this.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me! Me! Me!
I volunteer to drive the bus!
I volunteer to drive the bus!
Please, may I?

If I am chosen for this honour, may I video-tape the incident and post it in The Circus in order to begin a wonderful new game? [Angel]

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posted by AdamPater:
quote:
But not nearly so simply avoidable (modulo family history).
Not avoidable. Merely ... slightly postponable.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To Mostly Noble Pixels:

Are you mad? If you go driving busses into fat people, you'll get whiplash something terrible!

(ETA context)

[ 27. December 2006, 22:54: Message edited by: MouseThief ]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But RuthW isn't fat: she's been working out with her... "team". I'm sure driving a bus into her (or, indeed, her into a bus) would be most satisfying for all concerned.

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Originally posted by MouseThief:
Are you mad? If you go driving busses into fat people, you'll get whiplash something terrible!

But, MouseThief, it has to be a bus.
After all, a train has a cowcatcher on the front, and that would shove the fatso aside and ruin the whole effect.

[ 28. December 2006, 02:19: Message edited by: Mostly Noble Pixels ]

--------------------

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ha ha ha ha! You crack me up, Crackers! Hah ha ha!

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]
That was most unkind, Gort.
Why can't we all just get along?
Twat in the moon of wintertime when other turds had fled!

--------------------

Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

I can see it now. The "M" Plan. Sign me up [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are a lot of menz in Alaska come to think of it. Lots of menz. get busy!

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Izzybee:
quote:
quote:

I can see it now. The "M" Plan. Sign me up [Big Grin]
The F Plan, surely?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
The F Plan, surely?

I thought there was already one of those - I thought there was finally a plan for me until I read the book and realised that the "F" they were talking about wasn't the "F" I was thinking about. [Waterworks]

[etited for coding "f"-up]

[ 28. December 2006, 16:44: Message edited by: Izzybee ]

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You all are a bunch of seeck beetches. F-plan indeed. It is the ML plan, the Bruce Campbell Way.

Sheesh. [Disappointed]

[eta: please tell me one person has suffered through that book besides me. Thank you.]

[ 28. December 2006, 17:53: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mostly Noble Pixels:
[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]
That was most unkind, Gort.
Why can't we all just get along?
Twat in the moon of wintertime when other turds had fled!

You have the audacity to ruin my personal 2-year record of having never been called to Hell, with one of the most lame complaints in the history of these boards; within said Hell-call, I am not only suspended for two weeks but suffer the humiliation of having to shut down my personal shipmates' photo website under threat of my internet service provider being sued by an outraged, permanently planked shipmate who has an inflated sense of the proprietary nature manifest in his digital image and you want to know "Why can't we all just get along?"

I'll tell you what, Crackers and Goat Cheese: Not only are your Pixels Less Than Noble, you couldn't quell my burning hatred for your contemptible presence if you were to fall to your knees and suck the vital fluids from my engorged, throbbing cock.

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow, check out the insane grudge-holding. Are you like a crazy person, Gort?

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
Are you like a crazy person, Gort?

Gort? Crazy? Whatever could possibly give anyone that idea?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
within said Hell-call, I am not only suspended for two weeks but suffer the humiliation of having to shut down my personal shipmates' photo website under threat of my internet service provider being sued

Speaking as the admin who did the suspending, I want to make it completely clear that your suspension was a result of your own actions and your own poor judgment. I thought that you had chosen to accept your personal responsibility for that episode?

Scot
Member Admin

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yes, you are correct, Scot. I apologize for including that in my rant.

Sarky: Don't make me send my clone army of flying monkeys after you.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

Ummmm - Gort?
Have you considered heading down to Daytona Bike Week which runs from March 2-11th?
You could stroll along snow-white beaches, watch the dolphins leap, watch the Harley motorcyles leap, maybe pop a valium or two...

For what it is worth, I regret that your suspension ever happened, but I personally played absolutely no part in it.
You and another shippie were on a tangent, and things simply got away on you.

Speaking of tangents, what are you doing on this thread, since, looking at your photo in your gallery, you do not appear to be overly fat?
Now, I could stand to lose some weight, but am mostly here to try to run over someone with a bus.
After all, Marvin told me to fuck off; the first part of his instruction was fairly simple to carry out, but finding someone to "off" has been a bit more difficult. Are you, perhaps, volunteering?

Happy New Year, Gort; I think maybe I will go spend some time under my bridge wit the Three Billy Goats Gruff, to give you a chance to calm down a tiny wee bit.

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And here I was, just enjoying comet's complaint about flimsy men... "These men. so flimsy. I go through gobs of them every year..." (what does one DO with a flimsy man, anyway?! [Eek!] ).

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

Bad things always happen after I mention Bruce Campbell's [edited out title] piece o' crap book.

[ 30. December 2006, 03:49: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
what does one DO with a flimsy man, anyway?! [Eek!]

oh lots of things. but not very much or they break. it's tragic, really. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
koshatnik
Shipmate
# 11938

- Posted      Profile for koshatnik   Email koshatnik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
what does one DO with a flimsy man, anyway?! [Eek!]

oh lots of things. but not very much or they break. it's tragic, really. [Disappointed]
Don't forget that many flimsy men can be woven together to make a much stronger flimsy man. Multi-thread flimsy men have many uses, including sail-making, about-the-house and macrame.
Posts: 467 | From: top of the pops to drawing the dole | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They make good bookmarks.

(I used to have a thing about really, really skinny guys, back in the day.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can we get back to Gort's throbbing cock, please?

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*sigh*

OK, what else were we talking about, then?

Frail men?

*grumble whine pout*

I wonder how things work out when really whipcord-thin men have a preference for chunky round women? If we all got on the Fit & Trim bandwagon, what would all the chubby-chasers do?

(... imagines being adored by Thin Men...)

[ 30. December 2006, 22:28: Message edited by: Janine ]

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
OK, what else were we talking about, then?

Frail men?

One of the observations that I found myself stewing in this holiday was how uncomfortable I was seeing my father frail and withered, and distinctly missing his previous cortisone-prompted obesity. Although, my grandfather has always been a slightly-built steel spring of a man, and at 78 he'll still outwork any other ten men combined.

quote:
I wonder how things work out when really whipcord-thin men have a preference for chunky round women? If we all got on the Fit & Trim bandwagon, what would all the chubby-chasers do?
Before I graduated university and could afford food, I was 66kg at 1.88m, and my general preference was for girls with soft curves. That is, until I had an ahem "conversion experience" with a fit and trim girl whose physique allowed us to do things previously unthinkable with my rounder girls. Perhaps if every girl got Fit & Trim, there should be arranged interventions for chubby chasers to have similar conversion experiences.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
Can we get back to Gort's throbbing cock, please?

[Big Grin]

Kelly, I hate to disagree (in Hell, of all places) but frail men do not make good bookmarks: despite their frailty they're still too lumpy and they end up damaging the spine.

I never went for skinny guys, but I had a lovely collection of beautifully muscled athletic types (gymnasts & bicyclists, mostly), back in the day. 2nd husband was definitely against type - he was chunky and hairy AND he turned out to be a bastard, so there you go-- that's a hell thread for you.

RooK, I pose no danger now, but when I was slim-ish I had lethal hips; when I was at my best weight visually I inflicted bruises on my partner... *sigh*... he only complained a little. And then an extra 10 pounds and voila! - I was once again safe to ride... [Snigger]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
what happened to this conversation?

Gort's chicken is throbbing, we're sticking skinny guys in books, and Lynn is a Harley.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
what happened to this conversation?

Gort's chicken is throbbing, we're sticking skinny guys in books, and Lynn is a Harley.

Indeed. We need to get back to the loving accusations that YOU PERSONALLY are killing yourself/ monopolising all available healthcare to the detriment of sickly orphans/ causing global warming/ depleting the ozone layer/ making bad things happen to Africa/ and being DIRECTLY responsible for the First Crusade and all that lead to.

We can't allow a fine viper pit of a thread like this deteriorate into cheerful smut. Fun as that may be.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yes, please. My graphic rant was simply a literary device, used in anger, to embellish the expletive "blow me".

Can we just move on to "fatties vs skinnies" before I'm skewered by RooK or Scot? I'm far more interested in the ramifications of RooK's "conversion experience" with a fit and trim girl than seeing more speculation on my questionable virility.

--------------------

Rat
Ship's Rat
# 3373

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
We need to get back to the loving accusations that YOU PERSONALLY are killing yourself/ monopolising all available healthcare to the detriment of sickly orphans/ causing global warming/ depleting the ozone layer/ making bad things happen to Africa/ and being DIRECTLY responsible for the First Crusade and all that lead to.

Well, for Christmas we had a thoroughly orphan-sickening orange-glazed roasted duck in a port sauce, potatoes roasted in the fat off the duck and maple-roasted parsnips, along with any amount of deeply evil home baking (my mince pies particularly rocked, warm with cream). And we just finished making a creamy tiramisu for tomorrow's Ne'ers Day dinner that is probably deadly in itself. And I already started in on a rather nice bottle of cava.

'Tis terrible to be so wicked...

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

We eat like that all the time and our circulation will suffer and then we'll no longer be in danger from throbbing cocks anyway.

(RooK I'll have you know I can still swing from the chandelier. I just need it anchored to a really good beam, these days.)

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Janine, I have met you in person, and I can safely say that any guy who doesn't experience a testosterone rush at the first flash of your eyes simply has a funcional problem.

I want to hear from all those guys on Dating Threads past who sung all these hymns of praises to the ample woman. Why are you guys kicking back and letting RooK have the last word on who is sexy, and who should be converted?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

fear?

--------------------

Rat
Ship's Rat
# 3373

Pack instinct?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Janine, I have met you in person, and I can safely say that any guy who doesn't experience a testosterone rush at the first flash of your eyes simply has a funcional problem.

I want to hear from all those guys on Dating Threads past who sung all these hymns of praises to the ample woman. Why are you guys kicking back and letting RooK have the last word on who is sexy, and who should be converted?

We aren't going to try to persuade RooK, or anyone else who says they prefer skinny women, because if by some chance we did succeed, there would be fewer of you lovely sexy, woman-shaped women for us.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

I did what now? I thought all I was doing was addressing the ridiculous tongue-in-cheek suggestion that over-ample women need to maintain their spheroidal profile for the sake of chubby-chasers. And I did so by suggesting, not very originally, that generally every man that includes soft curves among things he can find sexy will not have necessarily dismissed more lithe female shapes from that set.

Indeed, I suspect that most who proclaim to have high regard for blobular shapes are going to have a pretty high correlation with those who have little hope of attracting anything else. It's a self-selecting set of dubious objectivity.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Indeed, I suspect that most who proclaim to have high regard for blobular shapes are going to have a pretty high correlation with those who have little hope of attracting anything else. It's a self-selecting set of dubious objectivity.

There is "blobular" and there is "lithe" and somewhere in between a lot of sexy women. Certainly, many more than think they are.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

my attempt of translation of RooK's post: Men who prefer fat chicks could consider skinny chicks if given the chance. Men who are really bent on fat chicks are probably not attractive enough to get anything else.

Being a person who is too uptight to talk about sex even in hell, I will not challenege that portion of posts.

I am reasonably certain though that chubby-chasers are not the only men I attract. I have enjoyed the company of men who never dated a fat chick beforehand. And yes, a very fit man himself, who did not hold my blubberous carnal carbon form against me. And I have seen chubby chasers get won over by a personality encased in a skinny carbon form. Sometimes attraction is a random thing that confuses and befuddles people. I don't find it a bad thing if a man prefers a type I am not part of. There is plenty who will pick me since I honest, open and intelligent in some area. Whatever floats your boat. I just hope Gort does not lure you into describing sex in hell otherwise I am out of here for awhile. My puritan uptight white girl sensibilites just can't stand it. thx.

So I remain unmoved. And I ate another biscuit.

[eta: dang, these buttered buns are good.]

[ 01. January 2007, 12:35: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------

Rat
Ship's Rat
# 3373

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Gosh, that really is a masterpiece of the how to insult the greatest number of people using the fewest number of words school of communication.

I'm impressed.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
There is "blobular" and there is "lithe" and somewhere in between a lot of sexy women. Certainly, many more than think they are.

Don't mislead yourself into thinking that I'm arguing against you directly. Or that I think "sexy" is only about physical shape...

[tangent]
The sexiest organ is the brain. By far.
[/tangent]

However, as this is a discussion about the unflinching stare at the condition of human obesity, there is no denying that physical shape has a sexual element. It is also my understanding that it is commonly agreed among psychologists that apparent health is the #1 contributing element to what most humans find sexually appealing. So, inasmuch as shape can suggest conditions of health, so too will shape be more or less appealing.

quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
I just hope Gort does not lure you into describing sex in hell otherwise I am out of here for awhile. My puritan uptight white girl sensibilites just can't stand it. thx.

Do you have any idea of how hard it was to resist after you said that? Luckily, even my extremely low standards prevent me from capitalizing on such an easy mark.

quote:
Gosh, that really is a masterpiece of the how to insult the greatest number of people using the fewest number of words school of communication.

You're just saying that because you're ugly, right? Because that opinion of mine could use some refining. It's based on the general observation that humans tend to self-sort and associate with what they seem to consider to be others of similar status. However that status tends to be socially (read: somewhat arbitrarily) ranked at the time.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016