homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Shipmates Expecting 2006 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Shipmates Expecting 2006
holly

Mine's a double
# 689

- Posted      Profile for holly   Author's homepage   Email holly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just want to also add our congratulations.

[Axe murder]

Holly & JonoT

xxx

--------------------
If i had a million dollars. Id buy you some art (a Picasso or a Garfunkel)

Posts: 733 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, God bless, and many congratulations!
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ophelia
Shipmate
# 3136

- Posted      Profile for Ophelia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing better to put a smile on peoples faces!
Congratulations!

[Yipee] [Axe murder] [Yipee] [Axe murder] [Yipee]

--------------------
Just as I am, without one flea...

Posts: 523 | From: Ottery St. Catchpole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations, Took [Smile]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brilliant news..... Congrats to Tookey and Mr Took. [Axe murder] [Axe murder]

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations, Took! May the Tooklet eat heartily, sleep long and often, and smile at you the rest of the time. [Smile]
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The_Lilith_Adams
Apprentice
# 9088

- Posted      Profile for The_Lilith_Adams   Email The_Lilith_Adams   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mazal Tov to the Took Family - wishing you all that you wish for yourselves - and more!

TLA xx

--------------------
Getting older is no problem - you just have to live long enough. (Groucho Marx)

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome to the world, Swimmer!

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Honeybones
Shipmate
# 10603

- Posted      Profile for Honeybones   Author's homepage   Email Honeybones   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats!!!
I feel a very strong urge to pop over with a casserole and some ice cream. And a jumbo pack of diapers.
Cause thats what you do.

--------------------
I'm not kissing you no matter how many times you burp!
-SpiffyDaWondersheep

Everyone needs stories-to tell us how to live, and why.

Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations!!!!! I have been forced off line for a few days and have been thinking and praying for you. Now on Seans work puter which is a lap top(YUCK) I keep putting on the caps lock.

All is well with baby kicking all the time. I did feel her (or him) kick from 12 weeks. (now 17 weeks)

On the boy girl thing we have a chance to find if we have a girl or boy maybe soon how do you decide? I don't really want to know Sean does. I guess I am inclined to let him decide as so far he has only seen one ultrasound and i HAVE FELT BABY KICK AND FELT SICK AND so on. I am not too fussed I just guess traditionally no one knew.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Axe murder] [Yipee] for Tooks and Swimmer.

Bronwyn, I think it's very noble of you to let Sean decide on the 'boy or girl' thing. I was mildly interested in finding out, but Other Half was dead set against knowing. He said it would 'spoil the surprise'. So I respected his wishes and didn't ask either, because I would never have been able to keep quiet about it that long.

I remember being overwhelmed with astonishment when I saw her for the first time. I don't know what I was expecting, but here was this real (tiny) human being with her very own face, and it didn't look at all how I'd thought it would. I don't think knowing in advance that she was going to be a girl would have spoiled the surprise much (and it's very useful if you want to go down the pink/blue route for the nursery etc.).

HTH,

Jane R

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My first baby was born on 8th Feb 1980.
All the hope and dreams that I had for her on that day have come to pass.
I pray the same for you, Took.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

- Posted      Profile for Fool of a Took   Email Fool of a Took   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks so much, everybody- what a wonderful array of good wishes to come home to!

Hazel Elizabeth Ruth is upstairs sleeping.
Hazel-nut is such a good hobbit-ish name, I couldn't resist. I still have to figure out how to post photos- and much of my brain is distracted elsewhere. You'll just have to take my word for how gorgeous she is. [Big Grin]

'Swimmer' was an apt moniker- thanks to whoever it was came up with it! Everything went 'swimmingly' well from starting active labour around midnight to her arrival at 7:30 am. Doc arrived to start inducing, and was just in time to catch her instead. His first words to me were 'stop pushing, there's her head'.

And there's the bell, summoning me to the first non-hospital food I've seen in days...

[Axe murder] [Tear] [Votive]

Posts: 1205 | From: Toronto-ish | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hazel.... what a pretty name.

Congratulations to you all!! [Axe murder]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

- Posted      Profile for Fool of a Took   Email Fool of a Took   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hmm... what happens if I post this link ?
noelper
Shipmate
# 9961

- Posted      Profile for noelper     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deep Joy and Hope to you and all of your family [Big Grin] , Took.

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Axe murder] [Votive]

--------------------
Nil, nada, rien

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Precious baby. Thank you for the photo.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

- Posted      Profile for Manda   Email Manda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gorgeous [Axe murder] [Yipee]

--------------------
'Hypnotically fabulous AND twinkly' - The Lad Himself

Posts: 1137 | From: Back in little old Wiltshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
Ship's Theological Acrobat
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awwwwwwwww

[Axe murder]

Wee Sweetheart

--------------------
Jesus - nice bloke, bit religious

Posts: 2679 | From: Under Downunder | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the photos Took, she's simply gorgeous.

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
how gorgous!

once again congrats to you mate!

continuing to think and pray for you all [Big Grin]

lookin x

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She's lovely - such beautifully coloured hair!

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rat
Ship's Rat
# 3373

- Posted      Profile for Rat   Email Rat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely, Took. Congratulations! [Yipee]

--------------------
It's a matter of food and available blood. If motherhood is sacred, put your money where your mouth is. Only then can you expect the coming down to the wrecked & shimmering earth of that miracle you sing about. [Margaret Atwood]

Posts: 5285 | From: A dour region for dour folk | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haven't checked this thread in ages, but I was just schelpping around the Ship this morning thinking, "I wonder if Took has had that baby yet?" when I saw the happy news! Congratulations!

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, congratulations Took, what a beautiful little girl!
Hazel is such a pretty name!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] Took. Mom and daught as pretty as can be.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Melisande
Shipmate
# 4177

- Posted      Profile for Melisande   Email Melisande   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, she's lovely, Took. The hair especially. I love how they fold up like little tree frogs at first.

Bronwyn, I didn't want to know the gender with either child; my husband did. With both, we ended up deciding to let it flash us at the ultrasound if it wanted to. Neither did, though I could have sworn I saw boy parts on the second; still, I spent a while thinking the kidneys and bladder were its face, so not too surprising I was wrong....

--------------------
The door itself makes no promises.
It is only a door.
-- Adrienne Rich

Posts: 302 | From: The western Main Line | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome Hazelnut! What a cutie!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations Took. And welcome to baby Hazel.
The ship's creche is getting comfortably full. Who's volunteering for creche hosting duties?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
The ship's creche is getting comfortably full. Who's volunteering for creche hosting duties?

Oooh, Oooh, Me!

Congrats Took and little hazel [Big Grin]

J

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh me to,

I love babies and since I dont have any of my own I like borrowing other peoples. I have a neice and a God daughter both cute wee buttons under 1 year old.

I will be nice to your bubbies I prommise!

--------------------

Raylene
Shipmate
# 4949

- Posted      Profile for Raylene   Email Raylene   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely baby.

Congratulations to the whole clan!

R [Axe murder]

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Axe murder] to Took and Tooklet.

Unfortunately I'm so disorganised I only posted your baby hat today. Hopefully it gets there before Tooklet is too big to wear it!

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ophelia
Shipmate
# 3136

- Posted      Profile for Ophelia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a gorgeous little girl! [Yipee]

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had my regular health visitor and GP check-up today, and tested with sugar in my urine. They've scheduled me in for a glucose-tolerance test tomorrow. Please pray that the elevated levels were just because I took my sample after I'd had breakfast and a glass of fruit juice rather than first thing after getting out of bed.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

That's very likely, Flausa.
[Votive] for you both.
May you not only have good test results, but peace of mind.

I recommend NOT going for your glucose tolerance test right after a big lunch topped off by a large bar of chocolate. (Not my smartest day... I blame the placenta-brain)

If, however, the glucose tolerance test *does* reveal a problem, remember it isn't the end of the world- just a reminder to eat really well for a while. And if your sugars are up- better to know it early and get it under control. (Sure, easy for me to say now that I can eat chocolate again [Biased] )

If you'd like to check your own urine for sugars (and ketones, and protein) at home, I could send you the remainder of a 100-test-strip package, purchased at my expense and used for 3 days. [brick wall]

Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Put me on creche duty too, I love kids of all ages and not only am I the eldest of 4 (9 years between me & youngest) but have lots of experience babysitting!
Again, Took, she's gorgeous!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats to la familia Took! The hazelnut is gorgeous!

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, they have now starved me overnight, forced me to drink a horrid, sugary drink called Lucozade, and stole two vials of my blood. I should have the test results next week, which means until then, they have to assume that I am diabetic, so no sugar (though after that wretched drink I don't want it anyway).

The frustrating thing about it is I don't really eat a lot of sugary stuff anyway (though the health visitor said that the muesli I eat has quite a bit of sugar in it). I have on average maybe one sweet a week, so doc has said I have to eliminate all the fruit juice from my diet. Which means I'm down to drinking water and milk since I don't drink soda or squash. Anyway, I have to keep reminding myself that no matter how dreadful it sounds at the moment, it's still better than how my father-in-law is going to be with food after they remove his stomach because of the cancer. See, I can find the silver lining in any cloud. [Waterworks]

Took, I'll let you know if I need the strips next week. Thanks for the offer! Hope you are enjoying the Hazelnut as much as you are enjoying your freedom to eat chocolate again.

Fool of a Took

chock full o' nuts
# 7412

[Frown]
Courage for the week ahead, Flausa!
The nothing-but-water-and-milk was hard on me, too. Mr. Took was under orders to bring a big bottle of premium orange juice to me in hospital.

Are you a cheese-lover? Cuz that doesn't break down into sugar- making it a guilt-free snack. And real butter melting all over your vegetables (the Wee Wan needs the calories!) And a small scoop of premium ice-cream is sometimes good for your soul- and better for your body than a large bowl of no-sugar-added ice-cream substitute [Biased]

And if Alan doesn't also change the way he eats, at least when you're dining together, you always have the option to kick him in the shins.

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

Well, currently Alan is under obligation to finish the apple-rhubarb crumble that I made on Sunday. So I can't really kick him for something that I asked him to do. Tickle him mercilessly if he seems to enjoy the crumble too much, but kick him ... nahhhhh.

Oh, and mmmmmmmmm ... cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

[ 15. February 2006, 12:13: Message edited by: Flausa ]

Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hopefully Flausa you will be one of those people who just allow sugar out that way. It is quite normal for some people and it is not diabetes. Still the GTT is a good idea I am having one next week myself. (Family history of diabetes and well my weight)

I am so tired at the moment I am finding work hard and I am STILL vommiting. Oh well at least we have the baby God promised us. Is anyone else keeping a diary?

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
# 5681

[Votive] for the vomiting
[Yipee] for the baby

--------------------

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got a couple of friends who are pregnant at the moment and one told me about a new thing for morning sickness, the other has tried it and it works for her too.

Its a CD from here. It makes some funny sounds but is quite effective.

I hope this is helpful to people, or if its seen as advrtising that the hosts will kindly remove it.

Choccie (they are friends, honestly, its not me!) [Big Grin]

[ 16. February 2006, 12:30: Message edited by: Chocoholic ]

Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ophelia
Shipmate
# 3136

I'm bumping this up so Miss Jane can find it, as I am not a clever person when it comes to link thingys. [Smile]

--------------------

miss jane
Apprentice
# 3107

- Posted      Profile for miss jane     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
thankyou, clergyman's daughter!
Posts: 50 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
miss jane
Apprentice
# 3107

- Posted      Profile for miss jane     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(sorry for the double post)

hello all, I'm new to this thread, so I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Jane (I know this is fairly obvious, but it seems like a non-introduction if I don't include it!) and I am expecting my first child on or around July 16th this year.

cheers,
Jane

Posts: 50 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

Welcome and congratulations, Jane! Grab yourself a nice soft cushion, a glass of milk, and join the fun.
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

Oops! Just read your other thread, but wasn't in time to come back here and delete my previous post.

Just in the way of comment, I do think there's a reason that pregnancy lasts nine months, and I'm not talking just for the baby's development. I think most of us need at least that long to get used to the idea of becoming a parent and the other impacts that this will have on our social, emotional, physical, sexual, and spiritual life.

Ophelia
Shipmate
# 3136

Flausa,

I'm thinking about you and your blood test results. When I was pregnant I had to go through exactly the same thing, and it turns out it was all just because I had eaten practically a whole bunch of grapes. I hope that it is a similar explanation for you!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016