homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 21)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe Jesus is hanging out with the triffids?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, they still haven't relit the candles, so perhaps they know something we don't...
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it would have been more fun to wait for the munx to notice His absence for themselves.

(Isn't that Jesus in Walsingham?)

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Its gone again.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can see it (and I refreshed to make sure) and the candles are lit - at least three on the altar and the one by the door, I'll give the other one on the altar the benefit of the doubt.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah....the cinder blocks are a particularly fetching and Gandalfian shade of gray in this light...

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh....I was right. I've been singled out.
[Paranoid]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Pearl, I think it's because you outed them about using your basement.

Churls.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quick, look! They've let him out!
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So they have! But for how long? [Frown]

A few days ago, they had zoomed back to the previous, wider angle, like before. Now it's zoomed in again: But can we see Jesus move? Is He (Blessed be His Holy Name) bouncing around in His cage? - Well, I know I would.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And, by the look of it, He's still out, many hours later!

Unless....

• a) the webcam isn't updating -or
  • b) The monks returned Him, then brought Him out again

Either way, it's the FIRST TIME I've seen our Lord on display on this website in realtime since we first started watching!

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

He seems to have been put back to bed, but ALL the candles are lit! (OOOOH! Aaaaah!)

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TonyK:
And, by the look of it, He's still out, many hours later!

Unless....

• a) the webcam isn't updating -or
  • b) The monks returned Him, then brought Him out again

Either way, it's the FIRST TIME I've seen our Lord on display on this website in realtime since we first started watching!

I don't remember the exact time when I checked, but Jesus was definitely back in the box between Ann's post and yours.

The monks seem to let him out for very brief and seemingly random exposure.

I'm assuming, since there are so few of them, that this happens when one of them has a bit of free time. In which case it's rather sad that they don't seem to have any lay support to help them maintain a few regular hours each day.

They have taken on the optimistic burden of this new building (which I assume they are happy about, even if some of us don't appreciate the economical architectural details) and are hoping to build a community of both local religious (monks) and extended lay (via the internet).

Whether we/you agree with their mission or not, perhaps it isn't really helpful to be sending a lot of negative prayer/energy upon them by using this thread as a continual adolescent put-down session.

Yes, I'm guilty too. But let's give them a chance, OK?

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

It's all in good fun, Jennifer. And THINK of the free publicity we've given them!

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I feel obligated to give a report of the present situation. First, in light of having seen no person - of any kind -(small 'p', or Capital 'P')in such a long time, I have taken the liberty of changing the name of this place to The Perpetual Abandonment Chapel.

Last night I saw several hooded figures, carrying suitcases, walking listlessly down my path, toward the road. Scratched in the gravel of the driveway, were the letters O-Y-O-L-F, which I cannot interpret in any way but one.
O Ye, of Little Faith.

I run the dehumidifier day and night, but the room is still unpleasant. I do my laundry duties, and speak to Jesus. Is He here? I listen and watch. My friend "K" tells me I'm not likely to ever know anything; but I must continue to do my work and not concern myself. Am I now the care-taker? No instruction pamphlet. I'm not even RC.

Did I tell you, we have mice? It is a worry.

Wish I had better news. [brick wall]

Pearl ohne Sein, und allein

--------------------
Oinkster

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pearl, dear, put down the nasty copy of "Foucault's Pendulum" and go get some fresh air!!!
[Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Pearl, I don't think you're obliged to do anything special for monks who moved in without asking.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Tonight the cam is only giving a very foreshortened view of Pearl's basement -- just the pic of JC and the very tippy-tops of the candles.

Is it a Sign?

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps this link will explain it.

It seems that the webcam is not live at the moment...

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I'm so confused. I thought the basement chapel WAS the new home. However, its good to have Lowly confirm my sighting of "The Monks" (as they sign their moving notice) with bulging suitcases.

I hope they remember to take Jesus with them. It could give Left Behind yet another meaning.

Pearl, folding laundry in the Abandonment Chapel

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I think that's well out of date, LW. They've been in the chapel for quite some time, and even finally managed to get a bishop in there to bless it.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
whoops.... sorry... I thought I had read through most of the thread before stumbling on my amazing discovery [Hot and Hormonal]

carry on... as you were...

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
I think that's well out of date, LW. They've been in the chapel for quite some time, and even finally managed to get a bishop in there to bless it.

Ross

Well, unless a Very Reverend Vicar General is a high-falutin' name for a bishop, they cut corners on that as well.

--------------------
Ann

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'VE SEEN HIM!!!!

GLORY!!!!

GLORY!!!!

GLORY!!!!

Yes, Jesus is in the monstrance - 19.36 British Summer Time!

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Well aren't you the lucky one !
I didn't see a thing.

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Well, unless a Very Reverend Vicar General is a high-falutin' name for a bishop, they cut corners on that as well.

Huh....cutting corners again!

[Roll Eyes]

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
Huh....cutting corners again!

I've long ago given up hope of their ever restarting their online audio of the Liturgy of the Hours. [Tear]
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ayup, I think I found the problem rightchere. We need to pray them in some vocations, so they have the manpower to do everything what needs be done.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

"Dear Lord, please send the munx some young men with vocations. And please let those young men be not only holy young men, but holy young men with good taste. Ahhh-men."

[Angel]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Dear Lord, we really lurve You, 'cos you're the greatest, and we really want to worship You properly, so please, dear Lord, send the munx some NUNZ! Amen.'

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

My friend Mother Prioress has politely declined to abandon England for Florida. Alas.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

As of this momment, JC is taking a nap, but all the candles are lit.

I keep looking in vain for the Munx...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

On a more serious note........ISTM that, with the very best of intentions, the poor Munx have bitten off rather more than they can chew. I expect they have a hard job on their hands keeping the monastery running (or actually building it - how far have they got, I wonder?), and, as has been suggested, are in sore need of our prayers.

[Votive]

Ian J.

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

OK, on a serious note:

I look in on the Monks most days, and appreciate what they are doing. I offer a small prayer each time I look at their site.

I think, if we didn't feel something for the Monks and their site, we'd have got bored and left them (and this thread) to sink into obscurity long since.

I've noticed that they seem to have Our Lord out about 6 - 7 pm British time most weekdays.

--------------------
Ann

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Thank you, Ann. If the Munx do indeed expose the Most Blessed Sacrament once a day, they're not doing too badly, IMHO.

Ian J.

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

He's out this evening! [Yipee]

--------------------
Ann

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Drat....missed him AGAIN!

But all the candles have been replaced, so that's nice.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

THe MBS can be seen right now! 1 pm, EDT, here.

Thank you, Munks. [Angel]

--------------------
Oinkster

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

And (a few moments ago, anyway) in the UK (18.05 BST).

I think Ann must be right, and this is the usual time of Exposition.

Ian J.

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

And He's out again now (10:02 BST) - twice in one day! Must have been on His best behaviour!

--------------------
Ann

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know how I missed this thread before. Thanks to those in the café who have just pointed it out. I haven't laughed so hard at a Ship thread since the "speaking in tongues" one, and I've still got about 17 pages of merriment to read!

[Killing me]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

He's back in his box now -- it's 7:25 in Flahrida, so the munx are probably having supper. Don't want Him racketing around while the food is getting cold....

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice shadows in the chapel now. Hm... very artsy. At least that.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I dunno....I think it approaches Soviet Realism, what with the cinder blocks and all.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

Ross, be charitable. Think of it as tastefully minimalist.
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I will compromise on Distastefully Minimalist.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jesus is out basking in the artificial light at the moment.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

Oh [Yipee] He's out early this morning!
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

[Cool] I saw Jesus AND a monk yesterday !

Scroll down from the Chapel picture, and click on "Visit Jesus Commercial". And turn the sound way up high.

Pearl B Scared

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

"Jesus Commercial" wouldn't play for me. What horror am I missing?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016