homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Something has appeared in front of the altar; can't work out what it is though. There's defo a white cloth on something, which has two things on top of that.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like the long-awaited creche.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see the creche! And now I believe, thanks be to God.

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Rosa Winkel

# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes.

How wonderful. [Angel]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope they don't have to wait until next ********* for that Bishop to bless it.........

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, they're taking ********* off - having wished everybody a Grace filled ********* , they've mentioned that Mass will restart on the 27th.

And a Grace-filled ********* to the Monks as well.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Munx have no Mass over ********* ? Weird.

Reminds me of the notice I saw in the porch of a cathedral I visited in France one Holy Week. The English translation said, "The Church is close [sic] this week while the priests are on holiday."

Cc

--------------------
Bishop Lord Corpus Cani the Tremulous of Buzzing St Helens.

Posts: 4435 | From: Trumpton | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Huh. I'll be surprised if they actually come back after ********* .

Bah.

Humbug.

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's more 'Punch and Judy: the Bethlehem Years' - but it's a crib. Glory!

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'That's the way to do it! That's the way to do it!'
Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Is Jesus in the crib yet?

Ian J.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course not. We're not quite done with Advent yet, here in the Eastern Time Zone -- US.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jesus has now been replaced by a red X. Perhaps for X-mas???
[Eek!]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Yes, but if the Munx are closed down for the weekend, perhaps the bambino has already been placed in the crib (a bit early, I admit).

Enquiring minds need to know......

Ian J.

--------------------

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Jesus has now been replaced by a red X. Perhaps for X-mas???
[Eek!]

P'raps it's a target for the angels to aim at when they're fetching the Baby Jesus from the goosberry bush?

Corpus

[TANGENT]Can I point out that I've only just noticed jlg's sig. The town next to that in which I grew up was called Besses o' th' Barn. Just thought I'd share that. As you were. [/TANGENT]

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Pigwidgeon, have you been at the ********* *** already?

Ian J.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Curse these asterisks!

I meant - have you been at the seasonal alcoholic drink that has three letters, usually capitalised?

That applies to you too, Corpus.....

Ian J.

--------------------

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

Don't look at me - I was just humouring the owl.

Cc

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

No *** yet today, but there was more wine than usual to be consumed this morning. [Big Grin]

The Chapel is back, the red X is gone.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish they'd zoom in just a bit on the creche. It's hard to make out any details.

(They take off for Christ*mass? Just like the Post Office?)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

I rather think the Munx have left things to our imagination........

Happy ********* , Munx, and may 2007 be a better year for you!

Ian J.

--------------------

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aren't the triffids coming to worship Jesus this year? (Or did they arrive with the Magi at Epiphany last year?)
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Triffids came at Easter. There were pot plants with the Nativity, but they were short squat plants.

--------------------
Ann

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the triffids should assert themselves, and show up whenever.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the munx may be on to something here. St Francis included live animals in his first-ever Christmas crib at Greccio, but has anyone ever remembered to include plants? Nope [Frown] Plants have been left out in the cold, quite literally. No one's ever brought pots of cyclamens to worship the baby Jesus, or come along with their Swiss cheese plant to bend over the manger. Or even brought their pet triffid.

Not till now, that is. Now the ecologically-aware munx have ushered in a new era of hope and joy for plants, who can at last take their place at the Nativity. Happy Christmas, vegetable world!

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Margaret, it's been done!

(This might explain the holly sprigs next to our creche, however -- and here I was thinking the kitten had dragged them out of the wreath....)

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rosa Winkel

# 11424

While on my knees before Mass just now the thought occured to me that the munx are all off on missions, taking services in different places.

What that says about me thinking that at that particular moment in time, I don't know.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

You may well be right, and the thought does you credit (given the uncharitable thoughts the rest of us have had about the Munx from time to time....)!

Ian J.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed. Our dearly beloved monks are but two or three in number (I've lost track) and have taken on the arduous task of attempting to establish an order dedicated to what I assume they hope to be the Perpetual Adoration of Our Lord. I can only imagine that they are accepting it as simply a needed sacrifice on the way to that goal that their time for actual exposition and celebrating mass at their own altar is extremely limited right now.

It will take more monks to be able to deal with the needs of the earthly world while also regularly having a monk free to sit a while with Jesus. Considering what RC parishes (including my own) are going through as we adapt to and deal with the lack of priests, I can only imagine that it's tough going trying to find novice monks in sufficient quantity to start a new order.

Dear monks, if you are indeed finding time to read this thread: Please know that there are a lot of wonderful people here on the Ship, and despite the joking and odd comments on this thread, I'm quite sure that Jesus has enjoyed a lot of company via your website, both inside and outside of his breadbox. [Big Grin]

If we didn't care, we wouldn't still be here checking up on the status so often and worrying about the possible neglect of the Blessed Sacrament and also about the sometimes extended absense of a monk.

As far as the snarky comments about the decor of the sanctuary, simply ignore it. I think it looks fine. Simple and severe. Very monastic. Perhaps in two hundred years it will be dressed up with stained glass and tapestries and wonderful artworks. And will perhaps be beautiful as those medieval places are now. Having been a lot warmer during all the intervening years than those old piles of stone. Thanks be to God!

Wishing all the monks a Blessed Christmas.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
...If we didn't care, we wouldn't still be here checking up on the status so often and worrying about the possible neglect of the Blessed Sacrament and also about the sometimes extended absense of a monk. ... Wishing all the monks a Blessed Christmas.

Seconded.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Amen.

Yes, the chapel does have an austere and monastic look about it (though a lick of paint on the back wall might help.....).

Munx, you've done well!

Ian J.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope the tornados and stormy weather have not hurt our Munx, or the Monastery.

I'm in my pew waiting for Mass ~~ no sign of any activity. I bet Jesus is really itching to stretch out and breathe some fresh air.

I really hope all is well there.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that a crocheted blanket?

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

# 11424

He's out! [Axe murder]

And the figures are there! [Angel] [Angel]

I haven't noticed those chairs before, and a door appears to be open, bringing more light into the chapel.

Glory to God. [Smile]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

It's looking brighter, but I do wish they'd bring the view in closer...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I missed the 'outing' that Liverpool Fan saw. Maybe something to do with personal purity...
Mass seems to be put off again.
And the 4-corner candles are fizzled out.
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
There.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see Jesus! I see Jesus!

YAY! This is the first time I've seen Him live!

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Yipee] I SAW A MONK I SAW A MONK I SAW A MONK! [Yipee]

He was changing the last of the candles on the altar; he must have read Pearl's note.

(It was the bald one, for those who track such things.)

What a splendid Christmas present!

[Yipee] I SAW A MONK I SAW A MONK I SAW A MONK! [Yipee]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

[Angel] Faith is always rewarded in the end! [Angel]
Ann

Curious
# 94

# Crosses "Pray for Rossweisse to see a monk" off prayer list. #

# Replaces it with "Pray for the starving in Africa." #

--------------------
Ann

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

The lighting on the crib seems better too. [Smile]

Cc

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Ya'll can call me Blessed Pearl from now on.
I saw our dear bald munk putting Jesus-in-the-Monstrance out on the altar, with his own hands, with my own eyes.

No Mass, but this is quite good. [Axe murder]

Bl.Pearl, Protectoress of Piggies

--------------------
Oinkster

Ann

Curious
# 94

And I caught him putting Him back. [Yipee]

An adoration with a crib must be nearly as good as Mass. I hope I can catch the lot before the crib is returned to the attics.

--------------------
Ann

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

DEO GRATIAS! The monstrance is right spang in the middle of the altar!

Life is good!

[Axe murder]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ooooo... bright lights! <covers face to shield against the brightness>

But Jesus is out, leading to the mind-boggling wondering about which one is the true Jesus... the one in the creche, or the one in the monstrance? [Paranoid]

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Rosa Winkel

# 11424

Yes, he is out! [Axe murder]

I agree though; both the sac and the figure together is a bit much. Though I would not genuflect to a figure, come to think of it.

Anyway, Christ is among us. [Yipee]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Angel] He's out AGAIN! [Angel]

This is just bliss...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Ann

Curious
# 94

First Mass of 2007.

--------------------
Ann

Rosa Winkel

# 11424

Yes!

A Mass. A Monk. A crib with the baby Christ.

What a wonderful start to the new year.

[Axe murder]

--------------------

Whole Lotta Andy
Apprentice
# 12205

- Posted      Profile for Whole Lotta Andy   Email Whole Lotta Andy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi there. I'm new to this experience and I am happy to say that in my first 5 minutes of watching I witnessed a Mass and a very sleepy monk. I feel honoured.

--------------------
Party on contest winners

Posts: 3 | From: Tadworth, Surrey, England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016