homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 27)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's not Father Ted saying mass, is it?
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
redoubt
Shipmate
# 9354

- Posted      Profile for redoubt   Email redoubt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's been a lot of activity in the last few minutes. When I first looked there was a tray like object set at an angle on the table at right-hand side. Then this disappeared, obviously a monk sneaked in between shots to remove it. Then a monk appeared, the one going bald, and was taking something from the receptacle on the back wall. I'm no expert in the names of the articles used in Catholic worship but a colourful object appeared in the centre of the table for a few minutes. Could this be the monstrance? Then the monk appeared again and took it out through the door on the left.

--------------------
Cauliflower is almost edible if roasted and drowned in cheese sauce.

Posts: 153 | From: near the centre of England | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Whole Lotta Andy
Apprentice
# 12205

- Posted      Profile for Whole Lotta Andy   Email Whole Lotta Andy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the last 45 minutes the picture has got much brighter and I believe a coss has appeared on the center of the alter.

Does anyone know what the dark line running along the bottom right corner of the screen is? Is it in the chapel or on the lens?

--------------------
Party on contest winners

Posts: 3 | From: Tadworth, Surrey, England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Whole Lotta Andy
Apprentice
# 12205

- Posted      Profile for Whole Lotta Andy   Email Whole Lotta Andy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dam, I missed them take the cross [Frown] [Frown]
And the lighting is back to normal now.

--------------------
Party on contest winners

Posts: 3 | From: Tadworth, Surrey, England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just saw a BIT of a monk -- left foot, some habit -- and then it disappeared.

But the monstrance is out, and I DO feel fortunate to have seen so much in the last few days!

(How do I send my screen grabs to Beata Anna, Keeper of Same?)

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I do believe they are celebrating mass right now. Two monks on screen (well, bits of two monks) and a missal stand on the altar! Not much action, though - must be a long gospel reading and the homily right now.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praise be! jlg, I'm feeling that 1 in 60 fellowship.

[Smile]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, I was right about the gospel/homily; there is now a priest at the altar doing the EP bits. Monk #2 has disappeared.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just clicked over and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the celebrant in the middle of the Elevation!

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now Mass is over, the missal stand has been whisked away, and Jesus is out [Yipee]
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pooh. No munx, no JC, and the bad camera angle remains.

[Mad]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
18.32 hours here in the UK and.....

......I HAVE SEEN THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

They heard me! The munx have hearkened to my cry, and let Jesus out to play! The Lord be praised!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:

Ahem.

Shouldn't that be "Amen"?

1850 hrs GMT and He's still there. This is the first time I've had chance to sit with Him awhile (online that is!) and it's been a hugely restful quarter of an hour. I am happy and I hope the Munx are too, Gawd bless 'em.

Corpus
[Leaves board humming "Sweet Sacrament Divine"]

--------------------
Bishop Lord Corpus Cani the Tremulous of Buzzing St Helens.

Posts: 4435 | From: Trumpton | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

...and now He's gone again. But I can now go about my daily work with a lighter spirit and a distinct spring in my step.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's back ! ! What a busy day, there.

I missed all the activity earlier, but its a nice surprise tonight. I hope they have a good year, and maybe some new trainee munx.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With all this popping in and out lately He must feel like the little man in a
weather station.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

He's back in bed!

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
With all this popping in and out lately He must feel like the little man in a weather station.

Or like the birdie in a cuckoo clock.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corpus cani:
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:

Ahem.

[Leaves board humming "Sweet Sacrament Divine"]
[starts humming 'Yellow Submarine' as a counter}

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Monks are Massing again.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They haven't moved in at least 15 minutes...
[Confused]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

More like 30, at this point.

The one morning I could watch....! [Waterworks]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

This is the first time I['ve been able to keep an eye on them for any length of time too.

I think they all just drank purple Kool-Aid and have died in their seats.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

And now there's no picture at all.

How am I supposed to get my work done when I can't glance over at the other monitor to see the BSW?

[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Phew! TG it's not just me - I thought I'd broken it! [Eek!]

Corpus

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I think you might have broken it, Corpus. After the picture came back it was just the top third, and now it's still only about the top two thirds.
[Waterworks]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

It wasn't me. I didn't touch it. In fact, I wasn't anywhere near it. I did see another Shipmate nearby but it would be wrong for me to say who.

Corpus.
[See, I went to Public School - I know the rules...]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

'Twasn't me. I had been watching on my office computer, but I was out of the office when it broke. I have witnesses!

--------------------
~Tortuf

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
'Twasn't me. I had been watching on my office computer, but I was out of the office when it broke. I have witnesses!

A likely story.

At any rate, the picture is back, but there's nothing much going on. We still can't see the creche very well.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corpus cani:
It wasn't me. I didn't touch it. In fact, I wasn't anywhere near it. I did see another Shipmate nearby but it would be wrong for me to say who.

Of course, the ultimate prize has to go to the first shipmate to be caught live on camera in the chapel...

[Cool]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The gauntlet has been thrown.... [Biased]
Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Hmmm.... Okay, Callan, time to write another screenplay!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
umm.....that was me, reading that 2 hour lesson yesterday! You could only see the edge of me, for the pillar in the way.

"The Old Testament lesson today is the Book of Isaiah." [Snigger]

Just kidding. I suppose a shot of me loading the dryer in the Laundry Chapel wouldn't be a prize winner.

Pearl B Packing-for-Florida-Trip

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I would like to see that photo, Pearl!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd want to put my hands in the holes in your socks before I'd believe it, Pearl

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I'll bet it's full of cassock-albs.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Should we start a pool on when they'll put the creche away?

It's still out at 9:57 pm ET on Epiphany.

[ 07. January 2007, 01:58: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Maybe they've added teeny, tiny Wise Men and Camels to the Creche for Epiphany and we just can't see them.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

I'm getting concerned about the munx - there was no Mass on Thursday or Friday, the crucifix has been sitting forlornly at one corner of the altar instead of in its usual place for days, and however much I screw up my eyes I can't see any evidence that the Magi have come cantering in with their gifts. It looks a sort of ecclesiastical Marie Celeste. I hope the poor munx haven't been struck down with flu or anything else nasty!
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this a still picture? Nothing has changed for about two days - although possibly the candles have burned lower.

Is it a crucifix on the altar? I wondered if it was the Monstrance turned sideways.

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always been a little confused as to when or how this particular order of monks adore the Sacrament. It certainly isn't perpetual adoration, but rather it seems to be we adore only when we feel like it. Feels odd, and certainly not Catholic.

That's just my opinion.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Wise Men have arrived! A fleeting glimpse of one of the munx too just a minute ago.
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

And now somone has been in and mucked about with the camera! I saw a bit of someone disappearing through the door - next thing the camera is showing just the top part and you can't see the Wise Men.

[ 07. January 2007, 17:57: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

Alls well atm. No forlorn cross - wise men visible. They're very efficient aren't they? No sooner does a post appear than the Munx act.

Cc

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Our brothers have followed the trend of moving Epiphany to Sunday, evidently. And, I have to take it on faith and faith alone that those are Wise Men. These old eyes can't distinguish any of the figures in/at the Creche.

Margaret: "ecclesiastical Marie Celeste" is what? It would make a wonderful organ stop name!

PB4S

--------------------
Oinkster

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wise Men and a Monstrance! The Monks are on form tonight.

--------------------
Ann

TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Full house - monstance and complete crib set. The lighting is rather too bright though...

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

The glory of the Lord is risen upon us!

--------------------
Ann

Ann

Curious
# 94

And a Monk! - or at least there was - but flood control kicked in and he was gone before I could re-post [Frown]

--------------------
Ann

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I'm only getting the top half of the picture, featuring three Very Low candles. Fie.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016