homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 31)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
redoubt
Shipmate
# 9354

- Posted      Profile for redoubt   Email redoubt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see the long shot too, but zimmer lady appears to be in exactly the same position each time the picture renews. This has been for about 5 minutes now. Are we seeing the same unrenewed picture each time or has zimmer lady fallen asleep. I hope not.

--------------------
Cauliflower is almost edible if roasted and drowned in cheese sauce.

Posts: 153 | From: near the centre of England | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
redoubt
Shipmate
# 9354

- Posted      Profile for redoubt   Email redoubt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please forgive my conspiracy theory, but for a few shots there was only the top part of the picture showing. When the full picture reappeared zimmer lady had left. Did the munx awaken her while the full picture was not available?

--------------------

Posts: 153 | From: near the centre of England | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WHOA! The camera has pulled 'WAY back!

No trace of OLJC, munx or a congregation, but the Heavenly Bright lighting is on behind the rood screen...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I have a theory that Zimmer Lady is, in fact, the Angel who cleans the chapel and sees to the candles......

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Skateboard
Apprentice
# 11372

- Posted      Profile for Skateboard   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The monstrance is out.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw! The monk took Him away. [Frown]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The view is back to (a rather gloomy) normal angle.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No picture available at all at the moment - perhaps Zimmer Lady is busy........

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

It's back, but there's nowt going on.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe the munx are breaking our obcession with the state of the candle-lights upon the altar. The camera is positioned, now, so that the pillars are exactly in the way of seeing all but one of them.

Pearl B Saddened

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Skateboard
Apprentice
# 11372

- Posted      Profile for Skateboard   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank goodness, it's gone back to normal now.
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

A bit grey and dim at the moment, but the missal stand is present.......

Ian J.

--------------------

Tenntrace
Apprentice
# 12310

- Posted      Profile for Tenntrace   Email Tenntrace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you so much for knowing what that gray blob was. Those of you at Ship of Fools have sucked me into this alternate reality of checking to see what is going on at the webcam every day (often multiple times a day) so it was refreshing to see something besides guttering candles, even if I wasn't sure what it was. <g>
Posts: 2 | From: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Anthropax
Shipmate
# 11234

- Posted      Profile for Anthropax   Email Anthropax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Camera's pulled back! And there's a monstrance!

I've not seen this angle before, but then I'm not very dedicated to e-adoration

--------------------
Be joyful and keep the faith! St David

Posts: 142 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alikay
Shipmate
# 6148

- Posted      Profile for Alikay   Email Alikay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All this time Ive been visiting - Ive never seen another human being!

Do they really exist? Im beginning to have my doubt.

--------------------
The one who calls me is faithful..and He is doing it!! Now!

Posts: 206 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

- Posted      Profile for Low Treason   Email Low Treason   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've managed to resist taking a peek up to now, but I succumbed [Hot and Hormonal]

Can anyone explain why Jesus seems to have a driving mirror?

Its a very small screen - is there any way of making it bigger and perhaps getting rid of all the adverts asking me to sign up and buy a brick?

--------------------
He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.

Posts: 1914 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First time I've looked at this for ages - but there's a monk,standing up, and a lady with a walking frame,sitting down.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

- Posted      Profile for Low Treason   Email Low Treason   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OOOOOOOH!! People

How exciting [Big Grin]

--------------------

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh look, the munx are celebrating Candlemas, and Zimmer Lady's there to enjoy it with them!

My Duck, I think Jesus' driving mirror is a bit of the fan on the chapel ceiling - occasionally you can see it a bit more clearly. And no, there's no known way of making the view any bigger, alas. The only way to see it better would be to be there (mmm, tempting thoughts of a winter pilgrimage to Florida...)

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
redoubt
Shipmate
# 9354

(Tangent) My Duck, if you can obtain Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) this allows you to magnify the picture. Its reasonably clear up to 200 per cent enlargement. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago from Microsoft.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Welcome to our weirdness, Tenntrace!

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
... The only way to see it better would be to be there (mmm, tempting thoughts of a winter pilgrimage to Florida...)

SHIPMEET!

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Skateboard
Apprentice
# 11372

Alikay:
quote:
All this time Ive been visiting - Ive never seen another human being!
I have saved onto my hard drive a recent picture of one of the Brothers in the act of replacing the monstrance with the cross.

Before this, I had never before seen both monstrance and cross at the same time.

If this is a rare picture I would be happy to share it, although I'm not sure how to upload it.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Overused] Skateboard

The picture's doing a tease again --the tops of the back candles are juuuuuust visible. Cruel!

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh - a priest in red!

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For St Agatha, presumably, Ann

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
redoubt
Shipmate
# 9354

quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Oooh - a priest in red!

I didn't see the priest in red, but could it be that a Royal Peculiar has sneaked into the Monastery. In England only the Queen's personal priests are allowed to wear red.

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I doubt that Roman Catholic priests (or monks) in Florida are terribly concerned by nit-picking regulations dreamt up to make HMtQ feel specially attended to.

And the red was a chassie, not a cassock - the priest had a white chasuble at Christmas and has been seen in green lately.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yo! There at it again! [Yipee]

And I think there's even a little boy in red in the pews, in the foreground. (Could also be a young lady...)

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The camera's taking another break.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Skateboard
Apprentice
# 11372

I've just seen a Brother, seated within the portal, looking at the Blessed Sacrament - or what looked from the distance like the Blessed Sacrament.

He looked as though he was praying. There was a sense of calm in the chapel.

After that I lost the picture.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Perhaps it was Raptured?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

redoubt
Shipmate
# 9354

Excitment, excitment. A monk is changing the candles on line NOW

--------------------

Mater et Magistra
Shipmate
# 9966

- Posted      Profile for Mater et Magistra   Email Mater et Magistra   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear. The bottom two thirds of the picture have disappeared for me, leaving only our finger-wagging Lord visible. He's clearly unhappy with the good monks' choice of webcam!
Posts: 110 | From: Northeastern U.S. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mater et Magistra
Shipmate
# 9966

- Posted      Profile for Mater et Magistra   Email Mater et Magistra   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh wondrous joy, our Lord has seen fit to calm my doubting heart, and is now present on the altar!

My first sighting! [Yipee]

Posts: 110 | From: Northeastern U.S. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only the tippy-top of the Monstrance is visible. I'm searching for deep meaning. I think its to tease us and make us long for the sight of the MBS in all His Glory.

Pearl B-4 Breakfast

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm seeing no picture at all. Punishment for my sin, no doubt -- I wonder which one.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well the top of the picture is back--I can just see the top of a candle.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
I'm seeing no picture at all. Punishment for my sin, no doubt -- I wonder which one.

In my own case, I'm pretty sure it's the sin of snarkiness.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The 11th Commandment:
"Thou shalt not snark."

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I thought it was, "Thou shalt remember Coffee Hour, to keep it holy."

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slightly differentn angle. I like.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Skateboard
Apprentice
# 11372

The monstrance is shining! [Smile]
Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

YIKES!!!! [Eek!]

The monstrance has suddenly and mysteriously turned onto a small crucifix...

Is this a miracle? [Overused]

--------------------

Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A small crucifix which, unless I'm mistaken, is facing the celebrant rather than the people - just like in an Ignatian pulpit.

More of an altar arrangement a la Ratzinger than I'd have expected (although the crucifix could do with being about 5 times the size and facing people). Good-o.

--------------------
"[A] moral, intellectual, and social step below Mudfrog."

Posts: 4199 | From: Athens Borealis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

It's looking distinctly smoggy in the chapel.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

They heard my cry! The smog has lifted, and the monstrance is gleaming brightly!

[Axe murder]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's gone again already [Frown]
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

That was fast!

Ross // now you see Him -- now you don't

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I got to see (parts of) Mass this morning! The priest sat on the side with his head slumped for so long that I was sure the camera had frozen once again, but finally he shifted, and I got a number of nice views. Gloria in excelsis deo!

The lights are back to Normal Gloom now, but the missal stand is still on the altar.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's back - the monstrance is there!

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016