homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 35)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Serious vocational prayers ascending. [Votive]

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The monstrance has been out for at least the last 20 minutes or so. Jesus is up early this morning!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it just me or do the monks often look tired when they're sitting in the chairs facing the congregation?

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My goodness - a really long shot of the altar. It certainly looks better than always wondering about that back door. It is actually much nicer looking at it from the entrance to the chapel.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah - we're back to the close-up view now, but that's because Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar is duly Exposed for Adoration!

The Mystic Glow appears to be missing, though.....

ISTM that the Munx (and please God they receive some new postulants soon) are doing a Good Job these days.

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Yes, Jesus is getting his airings a lot more often!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, lots of Adoration opportunity today!
And---be sure to scroll down and see the announcement of the Holy Hour in honor of St. Joseph, and the PARTY afterwards. We really must try to send someone.

PB4S [Yipee]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, indeed - I hope as many of us BSW devotees as possible will try to be online on Monday 19th March to take part in the Holy Hour!

IIRC, a proper Holy Hour should conclude with Benediction, so I hope they get Father in to do it properly........should be worth a screen-grab, no?

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I came in to say good-night to JC, and the picture's out! [Waterworks]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The picture's back! <whew!>

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Yes, indeed - I hope as many of us BSW devotees as possible will try to be online on Monday 19th March to take part in the Holy Hour!

Grar, I totally would dig that--- except I'm spending the 18-20th out in the middle of nowhere. No computer. *pouts*

[ 09. March 2007, 18:57: Message edited by: Spiffy da WonderSheep ]

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder what's up right now. The missal and missal stand are out, and there is a chalice covered up at the side of the altar.
Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tenntrace
Apprentice
# 12310

- Posted      Profile for Tenntrace   Email Tenntrace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's almost 8:45 pm (I'm in the same time zone as they) and everything is still out. Do you think they forgot?
Posts: 2 | From: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tenntrace:
Well, it's almost 8:45 pm (I'm in the same time zone as they) and everything is still out. Do you think they forgot?

Welcome, Tenntrace. It's past 9:30pm and the covered chalice and missal/stand are still out. I think they forgot. Hopefully the ablutions have been done; otherwise we might be having an exposition without the host.
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O, this is worrisome. I wonder if they locked the door when they left for the weekend.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps they've been kidnapped? Or abducted by aliens?
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
O, this is worrisome. I wonder if they locked the door when they left for the weekend.

And fed the dogs and/or cats...and unplugged the iron...and stopped the newspaper...

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Assuming that it's not a still photo (always a possibility), the chalice (and something behind it?) and missal stand are still out, at a little past 10 their time.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, it looks terribly untidy. It a mess is, sorta.

Maybe they had to go and do the laundry? After all it's PB4S' laundry chapel.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

That's true. Pearl, have you got a big laundry project going on down there? Did you scare them off?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I'm waiting patiently for them to get their stuff out of the dryer.....

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Maybe they had to go to a laundromat and clean the rag rugs and blankets. Either that picture is stuck, or they haven't been by all day.

Kidnapped by aliens? Stolen by fairies? You decide!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The chalice (and whatever was behind it) has disappeared; the missal stand is still there -- and the tabernacle itself has a strange mystic glow! (Or maybe they just left the front door open, and that's the sunlight shining on the metal...)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

......and do I see wisps of incense?

Ian J.

--------------------

fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The weird bluish blotches, you mean?

My guess is that there's a door or window open behind the camera, letting in patches of daylight (which are also reflecting off the tabernacle and the front edge of the altar). Or it could be a supernatural prelude to the Second Coming.

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Possible monk sighting! - tiny white-haired man witting with his head bowed to the right of the altar, appears to be reading from a bible or suchlike. He seems a good deal smaller than the Sacred Heart Jesus picture, so maybe the chapel is on a grander scale than its appearance suggests.

[ETA he's gone now. I wasn't lying. I'm not that sad.]

[ 10. March 2007, 19:42: Message edited by: fisher ]

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

He's saying Mass right now! He's wearing a purple chazzie with alpha and omega and a long gold cross embroidered on the front.

Ross [Yipee]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

....and now someone in a surplice is playing deacon....now he's assisting the priest...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
it's not the usual brother either - have they found a 'prentice monk?

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

It might be The Other Munk.

Now the priest is bowing, and the acolyte is out of the picture again.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
it's not the usual brother either - have they found a 'prentice monk?

I just caught a priest doing a genuflection (actually a solemn bow). It is 3:58pm in Florida. Their Anticipated Saturday Evening Mass is getting earlier and earlier. Last week it seemed to start at 4pm Eastern time; this week it must have been 3:15 or 3:30pm. Perhaps they set their clocks ahead an hour last night instead of tonight?!
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
It might be The Other Munk.

Not unless he's bought a toupee!

[ 10. March 2007, 20:01: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Or perhaps they want to catch a movie at the cheap late-afternoon prices?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

oooh, the Tabernacle's open emitting an eerie blue light!!

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
Not unless he's bought a toupee!

I thought one of them had hair. At any rate, he didn't look familiar. Perhaps we'll get another glimpse.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh wonderful - I love the mystically glowing tabernacle door! And the Alpha and Omega chazzie!
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The surpliced one was doing something indeterminate, and there was what looked like a golden handle on the paten.

Then he disappeared, and took the chalice and paten with him -- poof!

(This is so cool!)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

And it really is a monk with hair - do you think our prayers for more vocations have borne fruit already?
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Nothing is impossible to those who have faith.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The mystical glow is gone....

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
Oh wonderful - I love the mystically glowing tabernacle door! And the Alpha and Omega chazzie!

It is darker in there now. I think they must have had beautiful weather, and left the west doors open during the mass, as it was possible to see shadows of the altar and the celebrant during the mass, in addition to the glow on the tabernacle. Now, the doors appear to be closed, so the mass must be over.
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Martin L:
Now, the doors appear to be closed, so the mass must be over.

...in plenty of time for the Early Bird Special at Red Lobster!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Munx with hair? Is outrage! They should all be properly tonsured!

Ian J.

--------------------

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

With all of this talk on the forums lately about technology and worship, would it be possible for someone here to become a virtual MC for the dear brothers?

They could keep a laptop hidden behind the ambo and the MC could send messages like

"Now remove the missal and missal stand from the altar."

"Ring the bells; once, twice, thrice, stop."

"More priknash, MORE PRIKNASH!"

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

We need a way to smell that incense online, too. How about a Virtual Scent Dispenser/Olfactory Enhancer?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
We need a way to smell that incense online, too. How about a Virtual Scent Dispenser/Olfactory Enhancer?

Here you go, Rossweisse.
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Oh, my.

I shudder to think what the adolescent males (of all ages) of the world could do with that one.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will that perhaps become the approved form of censing for the OHP and electric guitars crowd?
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
St Pixels must be told about this!

[Cool]

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Has the missal stand been out all night?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016