homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 36)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was there last night, the last time I looked in; and its still there this afternoon.

One less thing to worry with for tomorrow's Mass.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have they given up on Sunday masses? The Saturday anticipated mass seems to be the practice these days.

Perhaps they are like the monastic communities around here, who keep themselves busy on Sunday mornings acting as supply priests to parishes that need extras.

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IIRC, Martin L, the Munx are actually absent from the monastery on Sundays (and, it seems, some Saturdays). As I have asked before - where do they go and what do they do?

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anthropax
Shipmate
# 11234

- Posted      Profile for Anthropax   Email Anthropax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I caught the back of a monk! I think he'd been clearing the missal stand away - I'm very excited - my first monk!

--------------------
Be joyful and keep the faith! St David

Posts: 142 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now Jesus is out! I hope the munx have come back refreshed from some innocent monastic excursion.
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anthropax
Shipmate
# 11234

- Posted      Profile for Anthropax   Email Anthropax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I managed to see a monk putting Jesus in His monstrance - I'm chuffed!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any new screen grabs? Caught in the act? We need new proof!!

<excitedly digging into special lent popcorn bowl and munching along, while watching>

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anthropax
Shipmate
# 11234

I've put a couple up on flickr, from just now.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanx for those excellent Munx pix, O Anthropax!

(5 exes in one sentence - couldn't resist it!).

I think the Munx probably do go to various churches on Sundays. I was at our local Carmelite Priory this morning for Mass, and only Father Prior himself was in evidence - the rest of the brethren were apparently elsewhere.

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A new monk! And I missed him! Bother!

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropax:
I've put a couple up on flickr, from just now.

I really MUST figure out how to send Ann my screen grabs -- I have been very fortunate of late.

Right now the altar is bare except for the candles; JC is snoozing.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pretty dim in there today....

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's still dim in there, but the monstrance is on the altar (6:08pm EDT).
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Martin L:
It's still dim in there, but the monstrance is on the altar (6:08pm EDT).

Still there. (6:31pm EDT).
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The number of times I have missed seeing that thing in the hlast two weeks ...

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

Was still there at 6:53pm EDT. I was trying to watch for a changeover, but I missed it. Must have been almost an hour.
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Missed it. Drat.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

6.23pm UK time, and the monstrance is out!

(sings)

Blessed and praised be Jesus Christ
In the Most Holy Sacrament,
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest!

To come on-line at the end of a very busy day, and to be greeted by the sight of Our Lord.......wonderful!

Ian J.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

And there it is! [Yipee]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

6:31pm EDT and the altar is bare. I wonder what was so special about last night.
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're assembling for Mass right now !

I wonder what the Gathering Song is this morning?

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it just me or is the page down?

ETA: Nevermind, it's back.

[ 14. March 2007, 15:17: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The camera spot is completely blank! [Eek!]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So I see... [Frown]

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

The picture's back - and Exposition is in progress (albeit with a somewhat carelessly-placed monstrance.......)!

Ian J.

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
missed Him... [Disappointed]

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

It's baaaaaack....just a crucifix on the altar right now, but that's better than blankness!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Sorry you missed Exposition, Ross - but, as has been said before, the Munx do seem to be arranging things rather better. Roll on Holy Hour next Monday!

Ian J.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

What is this "Holy Hour" likely to consist of?

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

And will there be sherry?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I keep wanting to call it "Happy Hour". [Axe murder]

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Can't it be both?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The picture was out again earlier -- but the monstrance is now on the altar, perhaps to make up for that.

It always makes me feel better to see it!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

And He's still out !
But, the shadows are lengthening, and
the darkness falls at His behest.
Nevertheless, I like it.

Still wanting to hear what Holy Hour will be. Is there any ceremonial to be done? A procession?
Singing? Or simply people invited in to quietly adore, as normal?
PB4S

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Dry sherry okay with you, Pearl?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, I think I figured it out. They've got requests for people to sign up for Holy Hours on the site-- so I'm betting that the reason Jesus keeps getting let out is for play dates!

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da WonderSheep:
Ok, I think I figured it out. They've got requests for people to sign up for Holy Hours on the site-- so I'm betting that the reason Jesus keeps getting let out is for play dates!

That makes the Baby Jesus smile!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Look! He's got another play date!

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

Exposition is going on right now. (7:27pm EDT)
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Now asleep, after a busy day, at 11:20 Eastern Time....

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Skateboard
Apprentice
# 11372

- Posted      Profile for Skateboard   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've looked in twice recently and found the quality of light to be improved, the picture clearer.

I've been thinking about what Bishop's Finger said:
quote:
To come on-line at the end of a very busy day, and to be greeted by the sight of Our Lord.......wonderful!

I'm wondering what is the difference between logging on when the exposition is in progress in real time, or opening a saved picture of the exposition, of which I now have several on my PC.
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Skateboard, your question fits better on our new Online Eucharistic Adoration thread, so I have copied it over to that thread.

Autenrieth Road
Ecclesiantics Host

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

<bump>

Don't forget about Holy Hour Monday afternoon!

--------------------
Oinkster

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

They must all be resting up for it; it's been an extremely slow day.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

When is the Holy Hour due to begin, UK time? I don't want to miss it, but it's getting on for bed-time here.......

Ian J.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I tuned in about 4:15, their time, and my time, and there was nothing happening at all. Just the little crucifix on the altar, and kind of dark in there. And the announcement of the Special Holy Hour was not on the page, either.

Cancelled? Held in some other room in the monastery? Don't know.

--------------------
Oinkster

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Yes, I've just noticed that the announcement has disappeared......rats.......

......I do hope, though, that the Munx are OK.

Meanwhile.....

Despise not, O Guardian of the Redeemer, my humble supplication, but in your bounty hear and answer me. Amen.

.....being an extract from one of the rather lovely prayers to St. Joseph on the BSW site.

Ian J.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Yeah, it's their patronal feast!

I hope everything's all right.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Did anyone catch a glimpse of Mass or Exposition today? I'm not sure if the picture I'm seeing now is a real-time image or a photograph (IYSWIM - I'm not well up on the technical language......).

Ian J.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

No, and I was watching for it this morning.

Now I'm watching to see if the tabernacle light has burned out again.

Ross

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016