homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I totally out of it, or is that white cloth on top of Jesus' house new?

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nah - that's always been there.

It's more (or less) noticable in different lights though.

K.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh. Hmmm - actually maybe.

And perhaps I've been eating too much cheese - but I'm sure I saw the shadowy figure of someone in the dark, before they turned the lights back on.

Wasn't really screen-grab-able though.

K.

--------------------

Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And still the Ned Flanders Air Freshener goes unclaimed on my desk.

There has been trickery afoot, mind you. Anglican Rascal sent me a screen grab with Brother Craig elevating the host.

Was this the moment we had all waited for?

Well, the fact that the Mona Lisa was smiling gently through the slightly-opened door (how long must we wait, Lord, before we can see through that door again?) provided the merest hint that 'Brother Craig' had been Photoshopped among us.

[Disappointed]

Do a penance, AR.

[ 17. March 2005, 14:58: Message edited by: Ancient Mariner ]

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I still have not seen Jesus.

But I did find some very diverting photos where you can actually see the monks. It seems that the community consists of 2 monks, one of whom wrote a book about Catholics on the Internet and the other lost a great deal of weight and wrote a book about.

Celebrities in our midst, dear brethren.

Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, bless them. They've had to move alot, and are they serious! I'll pony up $50 -- I'll be happy to coordinate a collection for these guys. They seem totally genuine and are top-notch value for money. A ship contingent could sponsor them. Seriously -- I mean, look at this: Brother Universe

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wahoo! Success! An actual monk (plus another monk's shoulder)!
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

jlg - welcome to the elect!

Did you get the screenshot? Or are you, like me, condemned to people not believing you? [Biased]

Get that Flanders freshener ready AM!

K.

--------------------

Ginga
Ship's lurker
# 1899

- Posted      Profile for Ginga     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Page 15 of those photos.

There isn't really a Cardinal Sin, is there?

Posts: 1075 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a screenshot using my cruddy methods. Whether I can surmount the technical difficulties and get proof to AM is currently under investigation.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

quote:
Originally posted by Ginga:
Page 15 of those photos.

There isn't really a Cardinal Sin, is there?

Yes there is. He's easily googled.
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's all gone very blue?

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

And now that we have transmission again, there is a little statue. I can't quite tell what it is or if it's actually on the altar or if it's to the right of the tabernacle.
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

Aha! I caught another monk at 1:14 EST.
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not a very small monk is it? Or is the room much bigger than one would think?

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

The one I caught or the little statue? [Big Grin]

Actually, I'm thinking that the little statue appears to have something to do with that slanted surface now visible. Perhaps it is part of a prie-dieu or some sort of lectern-type device?

A little angel? St Joseph?

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dunno, but the cloth on top of Jesus' house is now dangling off the left side a wee bit more. I'll have to wait for the overheads to come on tonight before I hope to see the statue in more detail.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it might be St Joseph too. Please, please not a Jesus Action Figure...
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Score!
Tabernacle is veild, monstrance is out, and the little staue is off to one side!

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
I thought it might be St Joseph too. Please, please not a Jesus Action Figure...

I think it's St Joseph, particularly given it's St Joseph's day today.

ETA: And St Joseph is one of the community's patrons, I think.

Deborah

[ 19. March 2005, 20:51: Message edited by: rosamundi ]

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
jlg: Can I help with you figuring how to e-mail the screen shot to someone who can post it? I'm dying to see your monks!

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A monk! I've just seen a monk!
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps one of us should e-mail the Brothers, asking them to stay on screen for a little bit longer each time.......

I dunno - think of all the other things we could be doing instead of visiting their website - frying bacon, stroking the cat, worshipping God.....

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
jlg: Can I help with you figuring how to e-mail the screen shot to someone who can post it? I'm dying to see your monks!

Laura, I have seen the jpegs from jlg (blessed are those who have not seen and yet still believe...).

I've have asked Simon to post them as soon as he can find time. We're pretty flat out on the 1000th Mystery Worshipper promotion at the moment.

[Cool]

--------------------
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have to appear on a tortilla in Mexico...'
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

Anyone else just get a scruffy looking chap in a T-shirt?

[Big Grin]

How many of these jpgs would you like AM?

K.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
A monk! I've just seen a monk!

I got a shot of that one, too. [Big Grin]

But I missed the t-shirt monk spotted by Viola. Rats.

Viola
Administrator
# 20

My screen grabs come out as pdf files and at this time of night I have no idea how to turn them into jpgs. So I've sent my T-Shirt man to Ancient Mariner & Simon. Perhaps we can start a little gallery!

K.

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:
Laura, I have seen the jpegs from jlg (blessed are those who have not seen and yet still believe...).

I've have asked Simon to post them as soon as he can find time. We're pretty flat out on the 1000th Mystery Worshipper promotion at the moment.

[Cool]

AM, you have slept in my house and partaken of my hospitality! I demand a jpeg instanter. What care I for 1000 Mystery Worshippers? Or I may stay an unbeliever forever.

[Big Grin]

[ 20. March 2005, 00:22: Message edited by: Laura ]

--------------------

Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The GI Joe is gone. [Frown]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got a bunch of website space I'm not using. If anyone wants to send me screenshots from the BSW, I'd be happy to put them up.

Edited to add: And I'd put them up immediately. None of this waiting around for other, less important things. [Razz]

[ 20. March 2005, 02:51: Message edited by: RuthW ]

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Blessed Sacrament Webcam
This is too dreary. Nothing but The Box and a doily on top of it, plus a couple of candles.

The fun and the mystery of The Great Debate("It's a window!" "You twit, it's a mirror!") are gone. It seems to me that the least they could do would be to paint a terribly overwrought triptych behind it, or something along those lines.

By the way, I vote for Margaret's theory that the Prisoner was attempting to escape. Perhaps we could work up a little "Escape from Colditz" variation here.

Rossweisse // I don't believe in monks; I never see any (o blest are they...)

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

OK - this works in preview post. If it works in real life as well, then I shall feel very smug and will rashly offer to display any other 'webcam moments' for other shipmates!

T shirt man

K.

--------------------

Benedictus
Shipmate
# 1215

- Posted      Profile for Benedictus   Email Benedictus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Works for me, Viola.

--------------------
Resentment: Me drinking poison and expecting them to die

Posts: 1378 | From: Hertfordshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A select few screen grabs.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

Show off! [Razz]

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Viola, if you right click the image from the webcam, there should be a "Save Image As ..." option (or similar wording for other browsers). This will save just the webcam picture, not the whole screen and you won't have to crop it.

Ancient Mariner, if you want to use any of the images later, feel free.

--------------------
Ann

Viola
Administrator
# 20

So it does! How marvellous. Ta.

I knew there must be a way.

(btw - for mac users it is of course 'control click')

K.

--------------------

Advocatus Diaboli
Ship's cannon
# 5172

- Posted      Profile for Advocatus Diaboli   Author's homepage   Email Advocatus Diaboli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't help but feel a little defiled at looking at others' (wonderful) monkpics before seeing for myself - something akin to opening all the doors on one's chocolate Advent calendar at once, or eating Creme Eggs before Easter. I've jumped the gun - I think I need to go to Confession! [Help]

"I has not seen, nor 'ere heard..."

--------------------
Shipmate formerly known as lazystudent

The only way of catching a train, I have discovered, is to miss the train before. (G.K.C.)

Posts: 576 | From: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The little man in the right corner is gone. [Waterworks]

Zach

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pânts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

- Posted      Profile for Pânts*   Author's homepage   Email Pânts*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I cannot believe I am being sucked into watching this. [Disappointed]

--------------------
I'm not here any more. Dial 999 to get me. (No. Please don't really. Bit you could PM me on my new number cos I never get PMs!)

Posts: 8380 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many thanks for the photos, Ann!

I have a feeling 'T-shirt Monk' may be Brother John....any other guesses?

Ian J. (seeking light relief after the longest Palm Sunday Mass I've ever been to).

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a shot of the box open and the monk doing something with something very shiny and metal.
I'm an Anabaptist, so I have no idea what it is. The camera now shows that thing.

I've sent the photos to Viola.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

# 3200

Ohh....that would be a moonstrance?

And I just realised, my shot shows inside the little door.... [Yipee]

[ 20. March 2005, 18:11: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That would indeed be a monstrance.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The monstrance is on the altar, and the thing I earlier misdescribed as a doily (it seems to be more along the lines of a holy tea towel)is hanging down over the open door of Our Lord's Cell.

Thank you for the screen grab information -- I have now captured it! And thank you folks for sharing your shots. (Doesn't it look a bit as though T-Shirt Man is fleeing Our Lord's remonstrations? He does look sheepish -- TSM, that is, not Jesus.)

Rossweisse // this is so exciting!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

# 3200

Hey, I got excited....I saw a guy...I actually saw a guy....and I saw within the box too.

Gosh, I need a life.

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

I saw him putting Jesus to bed!

I've updated my screen grabs - I may have to date-stamp them.

--------------------
Ann

Peronel

The typo slayer
# 569

- Posted      Profile for Peronel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got him! Perfect full-frontal at the moment of muffin-removal.

--------------------
Lord, I have sinned, and mine iniquity.
Deserves this hell; yet Lord deliver me.

Posts: 2367 | From: A self-inflicted exile | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Advocatus Diaboli
Ship's cannon
# 5172

- Posted      Profile for Advocatus Diaboli   Author's homepage   Email Advocatus Diaboli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Overused] Ann for some excellent monk-snooping!

--------------------
Shipmate formerly known as lazystudent

The only way of catching a train, I have discovered, is to miss the train before. (G.K.C.)

Posts: 576 | From: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I am SO envious!

[Overused]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016