homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And here is a link to the part of my webspace which currently includes T-shirt man along with Og's pics.

K.

[ 25. March 2005, 00:27: Message edited by: Viola ]

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, I'll send my Word file to Viola and see if she can post the pics.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not much action so far today...

[Disappointed]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Technical question: why can't Jesus stay in the Monstrance? Can't they just veil it and put Him away at night?

For those who tire of waiting, I give you Blessed Sacrament Webcam, with Jesus in.

Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd guess it's just not all that comfortable for Him. No doubt the Wee Hoosie is much more comfy for long hours. I'm sure the security aspect is much the same.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I miss being able to see the door....<sigh>

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the absence of so much as even a fly - and yes the recent radical absence even of the door has removed my last hope of alteration-based excitement - I wonder if we shouldn't run a sweepstake (proceeds to a charity such as the Organ Fund) - on how long it will take for the obervation

quote:
Our Web site has 1,476 Pages and Growing!

to hit 1500 pages [Eek!] . The mind boggles at the xcitement of wading through those pages. Finnegans Wake eat yer heart out!

[ 23. March 2005, 05:21: Message edited by: Zappa ]

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hooker's Trick:
For those who tire of waiting, I give you Blessed Sacrament Webcam, with Jesus in.

Now I'm in a quandary. Which is the One True Webcam?
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The second one is too modern, too good looking. It reeks of the whore of Babylon.

I feel like Cromwell just looking at it.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am reliably informed by the staff at BSW II that their websac refreshes at the blistering rate of every eight seconds - [Eek!] - though this isn't borne out by the clock above the image.
Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:
I am reliably informed by the staff at BSW II that their websac refreshes at the blistering rate of every eight seconds - [Eek!] - though this isn't borne out by the clock above the image.

Where is that monstrance located, though? And will there be the chance of catching clergy toddling about? 'Cause if not, I'll keep up with Jesus' doings in Flordia, tyvm.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da Wonder Sheep:
Where is that monstrance located, though? And will there be the chance of catching clergy toddling about? 'Cause if not, I'll keep up with Jesus' doings in Flordia, tyvm.

It's not exactly clear, but I think it is located at the Convent of Divine Love, which is a convent of The Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters. So you might not see clergy, but you might see a nun in a fetching pink habit.

Deborah

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The tabernacle's veiled, but there's no monstrance - where's Jesus? [Eek!]
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:

Perhaps He's on His holidays - He's got a busy few days ahead of Him, after all.

Deborah

[ 23. March 2005, 21:33: Message edited by: rosamundi ]

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:

The Vigil Lamp is burning, which indicates that Jesus is still inside the tabernacle. I assume it's veiled as part of preparation for the Triduum. When I popped into my RC church this afternoon I discovered that Jesus had left the building - the tabernacle was open and empty.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SCORE! A monk! I got a monk!

Oh NOOOO! except I had to open a separate window to do it and I'm not sure it saved, I couldn't copy it anywhere!

He was a brown-clad one, turning away from the altar, so you could see a shoulder, torso and a bit of chin.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deep joy - but which webcam were you looking at?

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Original and One True webcam.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rear candle burning perilously low. Still no flies.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 more monk pics!

Will add them to webspace soon.

jlg - I'm still figuring yours out. Anyone else who feels confident about extracting pics from word files is welcome to have a go!

K.

--------------------

Viola
Administrator
# 20

Quick! Look!

Long shot with last supper?

Who's up. Who knows about these things?

K.

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like the Last Supper to me. Reminds me of Christmas nativity scenes.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes indeed. And very reminiscent of a Nativity scene as Ruth said.

Thank you for alerting me, Viola -- I feel particularly blessed.

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

Ho hum. Obsession is a time consuming thing.

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh my gosh! There are little men eating in front of the altar! Who knew the monks were so little?

Zach

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just got a shot of what seems to be a t-shirted arm heading out the door.

Do these guys know we in particular are watching this?

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Viola
Administrator
# 20

And... door shut again.

He didn't put the light on. I wonder what he was doing in there...

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glory! I got to see the monstrance for the first time! [Axe murder]

Zach

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
FutureFr
Shipmate
# 9145

- Posted      Profile for FutureFr   Author's homepage   Email FutureFr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too! I'm so excited. Could anyone explain to me why the Tabernacle is covered when the Monstrance is out? And what is the deal with the (what I assume to be) the mini Last Supper?
Posts: 56 | From: Marion, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
# 3200

Well, the Last Supper thing is rather obvious the night before Good Friday.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Now I'm in a quandary. Which is the One True Webcam?

Anything that requires me to get a plug-in is all too clearly heretical.

Rossweisse // speaking ex cathedra, of course

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Looks like the Last Supper to me. Reminds me of Christmas nativity scenes.

Tacky...

It's late on Maundy Thursday, yet the little door is still closed and the candle is still lit. Why haven't they cleared everything out? What are they THINKING?

[Disappointed]

And the little Last Supper scene is just unfortunate. Frankly, I had hoped for better from them.

Rossweisse // despite the evidence of T-Shirt Man

[ 25. March 2005, 03:42: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, goodness.

Can we all chip in and buy them a new ikon of the Last Supper?

I already sent some money for bricks, but I'd be willing to throw in some more change...

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
Oh my gosh! There are little men eating in front of the altar! Who knew the monks were so little?

Zach

Maybe Snow White invited the seven dwarves and some of their mates round for tea [Paranoid] ?

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New camera angle alert!

[Eek!]

--------------------
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have to appear on a tortilla in Mexico...'
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The tea-party's over, then. But they haven't stripped the altar! [Disappointed]
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

Nor have they taken Jesus away to his Triduum hidey-hole. [Disappointed]

ETA: Perhaps they don't like to have an "empty tomb" until after He dies on Good Friday?

[ 25. March 2005, 11:44: Message edited by: jlg ]

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

There was a monk placing a crucifix on the altar a few minutes ago - I've got him! Now I MUST tear myself away and get ready for church...
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a little hill with a cross over the candle.

I'm updating the screen grabs.

(If I knew how to make a shockwave, I'd be doing "Chapel, chapel, chapel, chapel, Monstrance! Monstrance!" ... "It's a monk, it's a monk!" ... by now.)

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Folks, I think they're doing a TV interview now - a monk plus another chap with a camera in there, plus they're moving the webcam.

And I've got several screen grabs. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now there's a young woman in there with a monk. Hm... [Eek!]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Pânts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

- Posted      Profile for Pânts*   Author's homepage   Email Pânts*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Now there's a young woman in there with a monk. Hm... [Eek!]

[Frown] Where did they go?! [Frown]

--------------------
I'm not here any more. Dial 999 to get me. (No. Please don't really. Bit you could PM me on my new number cos I never get PMs!)

Posts: 8380 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got a couple of screen shots. Now there's no crucifix, but still the hill.

--------------------
Ann

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Yes, indeed, where did they go? [Snigger]

Erm, sorry... [Hot and Hormonal]

I'll try and send the screen grabs to jlg so that she can put 'em up on her site, if she likes.

--------------------

Pânts*

Ship's underwear
# 4487

- Posted      Profile for Pânts*   Author's homepage   Email Pânts*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I'm looking at the wrong thing!! What's the link to where I should be looking?!? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I'm not here any more. Dial 999 to get me. (No. Please don't really. Bit you could PM me on my new number cos I never get PMs!)

Posts: 8380 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

It looks as though Simon (or Ancient Mariner) has put the link on the main ship page for us. (Top line next to "The Pope is in Rome.

And a sneaky monk must have put the crucifix back while I wasn't looking.

[A clue as to where on the front page.]

[ 25. March 2005, 14:56: Message edited by: Ann ]

--------------------
Ann

The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
(If I knew how to make a shockwave, I'd be doing "Chapel, chapel, chapel, chapel, Monstrance! Monstrance!" ... "It's a monk, it's a monk!" ... by now.)

[Killing me]

But how are you going to turn a view of a chapel into a badger, like what happens to some elves or footie players?

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, there's something about a monk... [Biased]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

quote:
I'll try and send the screen grabs to jlg so that she can put 'em up on her site, if she likes.

Viola and Ann have functioning places to post piccies. I couldn't get mine to work.
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Folks, I think they're doing a TV interview now - a monk plus another chap with a camera in there, plus they're moving the webcam.

And I've got several screen grabs. [Big Grin]

They're online now thanks to Ann. [Overused] (Should anyone be interested. [Roll Eyes] )

ETA: Thanks, jlg. Got mixed up there.

[ 25. March 2005, 18:18: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016