homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  36  37  38 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Blessed Sacrament Webcam
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:
Far be it from me to divert attention for too long from the BSW - but I've discovered this webcam which claims to be at the 'Seacoast Church' somewhere in the US.

The blurb reads: 'No matter where you are along your journey - whether you're just checking out this "church thing" and the claims of Jesus Christ or you're looking to strengthen your relationship with Christ - that you will feel right at home here at Seacoast Church webcam.'

But I can't 'feel right at home' if they don't tell me the location of Seacoast Church, why the webcam is placed where it is - and what is being built on the building site opposite.

[Help]

Found the same blurb on this Seacoast Church website in Columbia, South Carolina. Google is your friend--I punched in "Seacoast Church" and "church thing".
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth W [Overused]

What's strange is that there is no mention of the webcam on their website - as far as I can tell. So - webcam doesn't tell us about the church, the church website doesn't explain the webcam.

[Confused]

--------------------
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have to appear on a tortilla in Mexico...'
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:
Watching a live shot of a backhoe....doesn't compare to the BSW.

Unless you have fond memories of working construction sites.

*sigh* The early morning light slanting across the dirt, the backhoe randomly moving dirt around, hardhat, boots, and jeans, carrying around a clipboard and some drawings so people think you're doing something useful. *sigh*

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
jlg, you just make it all come alive!

Rossweisse // back to trying to figure out just what's in that room behind the BSW

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I checked Ancient Mariner's webcam at 18.15 my time, I saw dazzling rays of light, and concluded that at last I had found the True Webcam and that these were the Holy Rays shooting off the Host (kind of like this but in real life).

But alas, it was just the setting of the sun over the building site.

Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hooker's Trick:
I saw dazzling rays of light, and concluded that at last I had found the True Webcam and that these were the Holy Rays shooting off the Host (kind of like this but in real life).

Why is the Infant Jesus holding a tumbleweed in a cup?
[Confused]

[Biased]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope they pull out all the stops for Corpus Christi!
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coot:
quote:
Originally posted by Hooker's Trick:
I saw dazzling rays of light, and concluded that at last I had found the True Webcam and that these were the Holy Rays shooting off the Host (kind of like this but in real life).

Why is the Infant Jesus holding a tumbleweed in a cup?
[Confused]

[Biased]

No, no, no.

That's a hedgehog that has got in to drink the Communion Wine. They're right buggers for it.

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Mystery Door has been closed all day...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's still closed, but the Most Blessed Sacrament is exposed as I write.

I wonder if Exposition will last a bit longer today, to facilitate the prayers of the faithful following the death of His Holiness?

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

Also, 'cos it is Divine Mercy Sunday and the faithful need to say their prayers in front of the MSB to gain the full benefit thereof. (Actually I think saying them with the MSB in the holy Wendyhouse is still ok).
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you, Coot - I should have read the Divine Mercy thread......(Divine Mercy Sunday is a new one on me - I don't think we have it in the C of E, though perhaps we need it as much as anyone....)

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I clocked two monks last night.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! I now can see the open door again. It's dark.

[ 08. April 2005, 02:01: Message edited by: Laura ]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm, they've got the veil over the wee hoosie again, but no Monstrance. Is this in honour of His vicar's funeral or has someone eaten Jesus and they're having to send out for a fresh one?

--------------------
Ann

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wahoo! I finally saw the door open! No monks in sight, though.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God's light in perilous danger of being extinguished by darkness. [Paranoid]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The veil is off! Is the period of mourning over?
Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and while other monks make icons or honey or wine, these monks make CD clocks! Wondrous.
Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
God's light in perilous danger of being extinguished by darkness. [Paranoid]

Nah. It's got a couple of good hours left in it.

But the side door's still open... interesting.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ooo, ooo, movement - door was shut, now is open.

am swept away with excitement!

[ 09. April 2005, 16:54: Message edited by: luvanddaisies ]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I do wish they'd get better lighting for the evening hours...something a little less garish. How's He supposed to sleep in that?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
I do wish they'd get better lighting for the evening hours...something a little less garish. How's He supposed to sleep in that?

Well, the door is shut, and I don't notice any windows, so that probably helps. Maybe He wears one of those sleep-masks as well?

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Meanwhile, the door next to Jesus's House is open. Could this have anything to do with the papal politicking ... er, awaiting of the arrival of the Holy Spirit ... currently transpiring in Roma?

Enquiring minds want to know.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

It's Sunday afternoon, yet there is no monstrance in view.

I am SO disappointed!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They were all up in the middle of the night watching Benedict get inaugurated (like the president?) or installed (like new plumbing?) or whatever, and are now getting caught up on their sleep, dontcha think?
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The picture of the Pope...is it my imagination or is he doing some sort of kung fu pose?

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

Okay, I first thought I caught a fleeing monk, but now I can't tell if the door's open, or it's closed and has something hanging on it.

--------------------

HopPik
Shipmate
# 8510

- Posted      Profile for HopPik     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks open with something hanging on it to me.

--------------------
Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and supposedly the pig enjoys it. G.B. Shaw

Posts: 2084 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
quote:

Well, the door is shut, and I don't notice any windows, so that probably helps. Maybe He wears one of those sleep-masks as well?

Sieg

There are windows to the left; from the quality of the light and the little it seems to change angle during most of the day, I suspect they are north-facing. That would also mean that one is facing east when facing the tabernacle across the altar, which would be liturgically appropriate.

[ 25. April 2005, 20:30: Message edited by: jlg ]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I could work out what it is that's making the door look so odd. There's something hanging from it, or leaning on it, and it's been there for some time - enquiring minds want to know!
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Margaret and Spiffy -- I logged on just now precisely because I am consumed with curiosity about That Thing.

Any ideas?

As for the new Bishop of Rome, I think he's practicing tae kwon do, but I don't pretend to be an expert in the martial arts.

Rossweisse // hmmmm...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

It could be a curtain (odd way to mount it, with that gap at the top), but it looks a flip-chart to me.
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

And now the image has disappeared -- and when I tried to reload the site, nothing came up.

I suspect demonic influences, personally.

(And as soon as I posted it, I was finally able to get it back. I still suspect demonic influences. Nasty things.)

[ 25. April 2005, 23:19: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

The curtain/flip chart thingie has now disappeared.

I don't suppose anyone caught the monks in the act...?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw, now I'm just getting error messages. Have my heathen ways finally left me excommunicate?

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
quote:

Sieg

There are windows to the left; from the quality of the light and the little it seems to change angle during most of the day, I suspect they are north-facing. That would also mean that one is facing east when facing the tabernacle across the altar, which would be liturgically appropriate.
Sorry--I meant there are no windows in His house, not the room the house is in.

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

I'll never again look at a tabernacle in quite the same way. [Big Grin]
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm getting a message from Bill Gates saying he can't find the requested web site .... help [Eek!] [Paranoid]
Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Ah no - all is well. Candle is re-lit, towel is gone, and so too has Bill Gates.

[ 26. April 2005, 20:54: Message edited by: Zappa ]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

quote:
As for the new Bishop of Rome, I think he's practicing tae kwon do, but I don't pretend to be an expert in the martial arts.

Rossweisse // hmmmm...

I think he's doing an Elvis impression.

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

I think Jesus has snuck out this evening; his little house has the dust-cover over it, but there isn't a Monstrance in sight.

[ 30. April 2005, 21:24: Message edited by: Ann ]

--------------------
Ann

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

But the lamp appears to still be lit, indicating that Jesus is at home.
Lady Kranmer
Apprentice
# 9298

- Posted      Profile for Lady Kranmer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What's the white thing covering the tabernacle? It does look like a dust cover, but I've certainly never seen this before. Why put this cover on the tabernacle if you know people are watching your webcam?
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to keep an eye on this for a few minutes...
[Angel]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trisagion
Shipmate
# 5235

- Posted      Profile for Trisagion   Email Trisagion   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kranmer:
What's the white thing covering the tabernacle? It does look like a dust cover, but I've certainly never seen this before. Why put this cover on the tabernacle if you know people are watching your webcam?

It is a tabernacle veil. These are the primary sign of a tabernacle with the Blessed Sacrament present (the light is a secondary sign). Veils are required by the liturgical norms, norms that are as often honoured in the breach as in the observance!

--------------------
ceterum autem censeo tabula delenda esse

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodness, the tabernacles's still veiled, even though it's the small hours in Florida. Does this mean Jesus has stayed up all night?

And if he has, and considering that it's Orthodox Easter - eeek, could it be that Jesus is Orthodox?

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
Goodness, the tabernacles's still veiled, even though it's the small hours in Florida. Does this mean Jesus has stayed up all night?

And if he has, and considering that it's Orthodox Easter - eeek, could it be that Jesus is Orthodox?

Well, for heaven's sake, don't tell Leetle Masha!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:

Well, for heaven's sake, don't tell Leetle Masha!
There's a very spiky and gorgeous monstrance there now...

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I found out anyhow. [Biased]

Ross, I appreciate all the good care you've been taking of Jesus while we've been so busy with Pascha.... He says He appreciates it too...but... He's over here now! He can be so many places at once! [Eek!]

O magnum Mysterium!

Leetle M.
You can't pin a good God down

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  36  37  38 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016