homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HELL: Flame Filius Luciferi: The proper care and feeding of a troll (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HELL: Flame Filius Luciferi: The proper care and feeding of a troll
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had the most amazing home made apple strudel last night. It was warmed to just enough to start the ice cream melting.

I don't dare take my blood sugar for a few days!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow:
Thornton's Treacle Toffee is just amazing.
If there are any shippies who'd like a cultural exchange, please pm me. I can't get the toffee at home.

I am going passed a Thornton's shop today. I will get some Special Treacle Toffee for you.

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
It probably involves brandy- like baked Alaska. [Smile]

HEY! none of that crazy talk.

it's hot enough up here. I think I'm going to burst into flame at any moment. and too many of you would like that.

Quite right! It is already about 10C (50F). Comet doesn't need it getting any warmer.
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Smartass. it was 85 today. and due to humidity, it still is inside my house.

and before anyone shouts "sissy!" lets just remember -40, people.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lots of Yay

Cookies enabled
# 2790

- Posted      Profile for Lots of Yay   Author's homepage   Email Lots of Yay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many a good dessert can be improved with some flames (and sugar). Creme brulee is the obvious one, but I made an amazing bread and butter pudding with toffee topping during the summer. I usually don't like B&B pudding, but I did away with the water bath idea, making the custard bit much more robust (I call it "custard for men"), then used icing sugar and my blowtorch to get the toffee bit on top - mmmmmmmm.

Ice cream + sprinkle of sugar + flames = good

Low fat option - yoghurt on fruit + sugar sprinkle + flames = good.

Snack version - bread + sugar + flames (doesn't rock my boat, but some teenage boy ate it).

--------------------
Current status: idle
Tales of Variable Yayness
Photos of stuff. Including Pooka!

Posts: 2006 | From: the plasticine room | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
J Whitgift

Pro ecclesia dei!
# 1981

- Posted      Profile for J Whitgift   Email J Whitgift   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Parkin is gorgeous if made well, but here in the heathen south you can't buy it [Frown]

But my mum makes damn fine parkin [Big Grin]

Parkin' isn't that what one does with a car? [Razz] [Paranoid]

Just as a barm cake is a mad person or baps are, well ... I'll leave it to your imagination. [Biased]

--------------------
On the issue of homosexuality the Liberals have spent their time thinking, considering and listening (in the spirit of the Windsor process), whereas Conservative Anglicans have used the time to further dig their feet in and become more intransigent.

Posts: 2838 | From: Gone shoreside | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
HWMBO makes an excellent cookie, it goes very well with Uncle John's Pista or Butterscotch ice creams.

Rhubarb Crumble is of the Gods! I had some during my recent sojourn in UK:

"Do you want custard, cream or ice cream with that?"

"Yes."

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't think the ADHA would approve of this thread now. [Disappointed]

But if you like ice cream and ginger, then you need Loseley Honey and Ginger (made with fresh double cream) ice cream. I would link, but their website is under construction.

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rufiki:

But if you like ice cream and ginger, then you need Loseley Honey and Ginger (made with fresh double cream) ice cream. I would link, but their website is under construction.

That stuff is fabulous! [Yipee] Mmmmmm, ice-cream.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I once ate in a Vietnamese restaurant beneath the YHA in Seattle and their [home made, I think] ginger ice cream was fabulous! That would go very well with rhubarb.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
JonahMan
Shipmate
# 12126

- Posted      Profile for JonahMan   Email JonahMan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Oh yes, that is very nice icecream - had some on holiday at Easter. Shame the portions were so small though!

A current favourite with all the Jonah family is home made apple and raspberry crumble (obviously with custard and/or icecream). It's pretty easy to construct and goes down a treat. The youngest Jonahlette (aged 18 months) absolutely troughs it. And because it's fruit, of course it counts as healthy.

Jonah - must make some tonight

--------------------
Thank God for the aged
And old age itself, and illness and the grave
For when you're old, or ill and particularly in the coffin
It's no trouble to behave

Posts: 914 | From: Planet Zog | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've got some lovely fresh strawberries and cream for tonight.

<Aside to Jahlove: Some of us don't have BBC3!>

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have strawberries, and after this thread I now have a desperate need for ice cream to go with them. Must raid the local shop on the way home. Sadly they've stopped selling Moevenpick (gorgeous Swiss stuff) though.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooh, you've just reminded me. Many, many moons ago, the fish restaurant we used to go to used to serve the most amazing deep-fried ice-cream. dipped in batter and then dropped in the fryer just long enough to cook the batter and start the ice-cream melting.

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Just remember to brush your teeth well after eating all of the sugar.

And floss of course...

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cat A
Shipmate
# 12013

- Posted      Profile for Cat A     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Where's the angry troll gone?

Does he have any favourite cakes or sweets that he'd like to share?

--------------------
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Galations Ch. 5

Posts: 70 | From: Kernow | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Filius Luciferi
Shipmate
# 12571

- Posted      Profile for Filius Luciferi   Email Filius Luciferi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bed ... Just got up and making a Findus crispy pancake sarnie. Yummie! [Razz]

And my fave cake is definitely not of the 'navy' variety either, before you ask. o|--)

--------------------
Ah ! well a-day ! what evil looks had I from old and young !
Instead of the cross, the Albatross about my neck was hung...
And I don't give a shit! :)

Posts: 152 | From: Hades, Home of the 7/7 Bombers! | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by rosamundi:
Oooh, you've just reminded me. Many, many moons ago, the fish restaurant we used to go to used to serve the most amazing deep-fried ice-cream. dipped in batter and then dropped in the fryer just long enough to cook the batter and start the ice-cream melting.

Our local very posh Chinese restaurant on the top floor of a posh hotel just round the corner does fried ice cream but no batter - they make it into balls then get it super-super cold before rolling it in grated coconut and flashing it in very hot fat for a moment - it is SO scrummy! Sadly a portion is only three little balls of the stuff but it really is super nice.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great, now you got me thinking about banana fritters!

--------------------

St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Filius Luciferi:
[QUOTE]

VOTE BNP! [Snigger]

Because he's not allowed to say it on his favourite board, UKPoFo .
So, back to the biscuits. Double choc-chip Maryland cookies, anyone?

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Resist, dolphy! Remember Ohm's Law: resistance is the potential difference over currants.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
DavidthesPecial
Apprentice
# 12708

- Posted      Profile for DavidthesPecial   Email DavidthesPecial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When you're as hungry as me this thread is torturous...
I recently discovered some lovely banana and strawberry smoothie ice-lollies - I hope I can get some more, but I haven't seen any since then. Ooh, and meringue and baileys and icecream is funky too.

Posts: 47 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

quote:
Originally posted by dogwonderer:
Resist, dolphy! Remember Ohm's Law: resistance is the potential difference over currants.

And currants are in cakes [Big Grin]

--------------------

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Interesting sequence of posts:

CatA: Where's the angry troll gone?

Next post: Bed ... Just got up and making a Findus crispy pancake sarnie.

Admission of guilt?

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

If you are ever in Lydney in the Royal Forest of Dean the craft place just to the west, whose name I cannot now remember but just near the roundabout thing, sells great ice cream including one enriched with Baileys that is supposed to be stunning.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Okay, here is real thread-kiler - a recipe in hell!
This is for snore bars, wich taste lot like a commercial chocolate bar with a similar sounding name.

Take a cookie sheet, and line with aluminum foil, shiny side down.
Cover it with soda crackers, salted side down.
(Yes, moron, they only salt one side!)
Mix half a cup of butter with half a cup of sugar, and melt the mixture together.
Dump it on top of the soda crackers, and heat in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. It will then resemble sidewalk concrete.
Take a bag of chocolate chips, dump it onto the cracker mix to melt, schmear it around with a spatula, a stick it in the refrigerator.
An hour later, place it onto the counter, remove the cookie sheet and aluminum foil, and crack it into pieces using a bowling ball, broom stick, or rolling pin.
Serve with a creme brule coffee mix with hot chocolate powder added to the coffee carafe.
Probably not the day before you have your cholesterol checked.

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by DavidthesPecial:
When you're as hungry as me this thread is torturous...
I recently discovered some lovely banana and strawberry smoothie ice-lollies - I hope I can get some more, but I haven't seen any since then.

You can buy lolly moulds in places like John Lewis and Lakeland. Then just buy a banana and strawberry smoothie and freeze!
Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Being allergic to chocolate is no fun!

It sounds great - I'm trying to think of non-chocolate variants and have so far come up with only a dozen or so - I'll keep thinking! When we get our new cooker I'll start experimenting.

On the subject of ice cream, a subject dear to my heart, we have Baskin' Robbins here but it is nowhere near as good as the Uncle John's stuff that we can get at the place nearer home. The best round here is the Vesta Premium range, that is seriously good ice cream!

A nice every day type pudding we have at this time of year is fresh mango pieces [mango trees in garden] and a small bowl of HWMBO's mum's home made yoghurt made from untreated milk - it is so good!

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
If you are ever in Lydney in the Royal Forest of Dean the craft place... sells great ice cream including one enriched with Baileys that is supposed to be stunning.

It is stunning, as is the one with real strawberries in it.

--------------------

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is this thread about anything even remotely Hellish?

I don't think so, but you've got a little while to show me, one way or the other, before I shut it down.

Teufelchen, Hellhost

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Filius Luciferi
Shipmate
# 12571

- Posted      Profile for Filius Luciferi   Email Filius Luciferi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
Interesting sequence of posts:

CatA: Where's the angry troll gone?

Next post: Bed ... Just got up and making a Findus crispy pancake sarnie.

Admission of guilt?

Jealousy is a most corrosive emotion TT. Do you want the recipe?

1. Obtain Findus Crispy Pancakes and a loaf of Mother's Pride from the special offers section (Sell by date 2005 IOW) of Netto/Aldi/Lidl ... By Appointment to HM ERII Purveyors of fine foods and hand rolling tobacco. The local Chavettes routinely evade payment for these delicacies at the checkout by the age-old ploy of secreting them in 'Terry Waite's Allotment' (along with a 36 pack of economy-size Fish fingers, 10oz of Golden Virginia + Rizla's, a bottle of Heinz tomato ketchup and a six-pack of Carlie Spesh for her 'partner du jour' who is 'due out' this a.m.and will be gagging for a skunk steamer and a tinnie. 9% ABV BTW ... gives me a bad head and makes me drier than Gandhi's flip-flop the morning after, I'm never supping it again ... until the next time).

2. If the kids (parentage uncertain), Chardonnay, Pepsi-Max, Jamiroquai, Jamie, Lucien, Britney, Jade, Jarule, Daz, Gaz, Baz, Laz and Maz haven't been fed for the last 72 hours due to an oversight i.e. Been out on a bender, Findus finest can be given to the kids raw to shut them up along with a pint of White Lightning which will facilitate their afternoon nap until the following afternoon.

3. Drag out the chip pan from under the shoe mountain and Nike Airwear trainers in the broom cupboard and fish out the dead woodlice/spiders/cockroaches/dog ends (optional)

4.Go back to Netto/Lidl/Aldi and glom a large block of lard because 'Terry Waite's Allotment' had been filled to bursting point on the first trip and the Store detective was looking a bit suss upon egress first time around.''It's awrite luv, me waters are about to break'' Approach checkout with a confident air (and one large block of lard in the dunghampers) ''Sorry love, forgot me grandad's Haribo-mix, it's all he can eat these days since his choppers fell out when he was making pavement pizza outside the Working Men's (sic) Club on Giro-Joy day (Every Thursday) and they fell down drain. We tried to fish 'em out but some bugger's beat us to 'em''

4. Call into Post Office on way home and cash gran's stolen Giro (she's well advanced into the latter stages of Altzheimer's and won't miss it anyway, besides, the bloody home-help would have it away quicker than a rat up a drainpipe) to obtain gas tokens.

5. Fish out Sony Ericsson K810i from skyrocket and ring British Gas and ask them to come and reconnect the supply.

6. Arrive home to find that 2lb of lard has melted and run down your gusset into the drip-tray.

7. So that's crispy pancake sarnies off the menu for today. Only thing left is to get stoked up on Carly, smoke a few spliffs and go out and throw rocks at the SWAT team who are in the process of a drugs bust at the next door neighbours. Spend night at the Bridewell as a guest of the Local Constabulary as the kids are by now sleeping it off and the Social Worker keeping an eye on thing so the neighbours don't take the opportunity to whip the 48'' plasma screen..........

--------------------
Ah ! well a-day ! what evil looks had I from old and young !
Instead of the cross, the Albatross about my neck was hung...
And I don't give a shit! :)

Posts: 152 | From: Hades, Home of the 7/7 Bombers! | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teufelchen:

I don't think so, but you've got a little while to show me, one way or the other, before I shut it down.

Teufelchen, Hellhost

I think your question was just answered for you

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
quote:
Originally posted by Teufelchen:

Teufelchen, Hellhost

I think your question was just answered for you
Too right.

Thread closed
Teufelchen, Hellhost

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016