homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Fertility Problems II (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Fertility Problems II
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me again (well, who else?). On the theme of hospital appointments (see the Prayer thread) we finally have our appointment with the consultant on Monday, and the secretary kindly rang me yesterday to tell me the results were back (they said it could take 3 months) so at least we'll have something to talk about. I guess we're hoping this might help us know what to do next, but you never really know, do you?

Hope all is well with the other occasional visitors to this thread. Kentishmaid, did you end up dragging Kentishmaster to the GP?

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Halo
Shipmate
# 6933

- Posted      Profile for Halo   Email Halo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just wanted to thank all the people who have posted their experiences on here. I don't often post but I have found it really helpful reading about other people who are going through similar experiences to mine (18 months of trying so far).
This thread has been a real encouragement- Thanks!

Posts: 625 | From: The Land of the Long White Cloud | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Apparently normal"... at least that's what the genetics analysis said about both of us. You may not agree with him... but Mr. Spouse is quite chuffed at this description.

All the other results were, we already knew, fine, so this does give us a better prognosis than if something had come back as an explanation, but doesn't really give us any answers, or a clear path forwards.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Vikki Pollard
Shipmate
# 5548

- Posted      Profile for Vikki Pollard   Email Vikki Pollard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
"I don't get all this fuss about global warming, Miss. Why doesn't the Government just knock down all the f**king greenhouses?" (One of my slightly less bright 15 year old pupils)

Posts: 5695 | From: The Far Side | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hugs, and [Votive]
No words as I do not know what to say.

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All best wishes for you both. [Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34566 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

- Posted      Profile for Tina   Email Tina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for everyone on this journey.

I'm waiting for an appointment to have my insides looked at again, this time hopefully to get a diagnosis and some treatment on what seems to be endo ...

Posts: 503 | From: South London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

I'm sorry that I didn't see your post, Tina, but this thread seems to spend a lot of time languishing on page 4 or even 10... hope it goes/went OK.

We have some news. We've just found out I'm pregnant again. I rang the hospital today but they haven't rung back yet, and I'm away for work (not very far away, and I'm taking the car in case I need to come home suddenly) for the next two days, but if last time is anything to go by they will ask us in for a scan in 2 weeks time, assuming I get that far - the last two times I haven't, and it's all been over by about 5 weeks.

Please say some prayers for us, the extra strong kind with the screwed up eyes would be good. I'm very scared.

--------------------

multipara
Shipmate
# 2918

- Posted      Profile for multipara   Author's homepage   Email multipara   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Take as read,

cheers,

m

Posts: 4985 | From: new south wales | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Halo
Shipmate
# 6933

- Posted      Profile for Halo   Email Halo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

[ 23. April 2007, 21:54: Message edited by: Halo ]

Posts: 625 | From: The Land of the Long White Cloud | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(((chuk))) [Votive]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6015 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

- Posted      Profile for Tina   Email Tina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying too.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9516 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

BK

Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that it is fairly safe to say that everyone of us who reads this thread will be praying for you, the Spouse and this tiny bundle of life.
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You betcha. Storming heaven on my way to work today.

--------------------
Searching for a new sig...

Posts: 9158 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying praying praying [Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] praying too [Votive]

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Legodude_uk

Protector of Zebras
# 5671

- Posted      Profile for Legodude_uk   Email Legodude_uk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ditto [Votive]

--------------------
If a man is standing in a forest speaking but there are no women around to hear him...is he still wrong?

Posts: 2619 | From: The Home of the Saints | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for Chukovsky

Jane R

Posts: 3954 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3269 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Author's homepage   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] chukovsky and the spouse [Votive]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15193 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eyes specially screwed up.
Posts: 3245 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chuk, I can't screw my eyes up any tighter - they'd pop out of the back of my head and roll over the floor - but you have my deepest strongest prayers and immense quantities of love and support coming long-distance from Smudgie Towers. I can't begin to imagine how scary and what jumbled emotions you must both feel at the moment. [Votive]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14367 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Smile] for chuk and Spouse.

[Votive]

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All the best you two. Or should I say you three [Votive] .
Posts: 5349 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hoping and praying here, too, Chukovsky.

[ 24. April 2007, 21:26: Message edited by: Moth ]

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3445 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsh dragon:
All the best you two. Or should I say you three [Votive] .

Amen [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chukovsky is away tonight, so I've popped in to say thanks to everyone with their eyes screwed tight! [Overused]

Latest update is that there is a hospital appointment booked for 11am on Friday...

--------------------
Try to have a thought of your own, thinking is so important. - Blackadder

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers from us, PLEASE God

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for chukovsky [Votive]

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eyes screwed up here too. Please God... [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7653 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

The appointment today went OK, but as I only had blood tests, and no scan, I can't tell you anything more than than that! On other fronts no news is, of course, good news.

I'm still very nervous, and when the registrar suggested coming back in two weeks I asked if I couldn't come back next week - so I have another appointment for next Friday, when they will be doing a scan.

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Author's homepage   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Continuing with the [Votive] .

Glad the appointments went okay.

--------------------

chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

Still here, still very scared - though I managed to get a bit more sleep last night.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] prayers for all three of you [Votive]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13597 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
eyes screwed up and hands clenched together (I'm typing this with my nose, obviously).

[Votive]

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2380 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

(hugs) waiting is the hardest...

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers ascending.
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

[Votive]

(Am I the only one who holds their breath when waiting for this page to load?!?!)

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11881 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
just caught up with the news chuckovsky - we're both thinking of you [Smile]
Posts: 12711 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Caz...
Shipmate
# 3026

- Posted      Profile for Caz...   Email Caz...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please have mercy, Lord.

[Votive]

--------------------
"What have you been reading? The Gospel according to St. Bastard?" - Eddie Izzard

Posts: 1888 | From: here to there | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
[Votive]

(Am I the only one who holds their breath when waiting for this page to load?!?!)

Nope [Biased]

Continuing prayers for chukovsky, Mr Spouse and the little one. Thank you for sharing this exciting but scary bit of your journey. [Votive]

As for me, I had my appointment yesterday, saw the consultant I saw 18 months ago. He's given me a definite diagnosis of endo, fairly severe. I've been told to go ahead with all the other tests, and that if it is the endo causing the fertility issues it will need specialist surgery [Help] . But it is at least a relief to have a diagnosis, and not wonder if it would all be fine if I just lost weight, or ate more pineapples or something [Roll Eyes] .

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If only all of our problems were sorted out by eating more pineapple!

(((hugs))) to everyone.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6015 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Praying! Eyes squinched shut.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7653 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016