homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Hanging head in shame for not reading back on thread properly)

Thank you Pants.

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember seeing that but wasn't sure if
a) it was a recommendation for where to be, or
b) whether area 9 would be in the same place this year

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
I'm too old to enjoy 'getting filthy together ' any more.

Miff, I think you are posting on the wrong thread [Two face] [Biased]

If you and Mr Miff do decide to be here for 2008, I know a great place that has tea on tap. [Biased]

Nope - Wading round in lakes of mud definitely doesn't inspire me to heights of whatever anymore. [Biased] Thus spake the Miffy who has just spent the last half hour raking round on physio sites trying to replace her SI belt, sciatica having struck this morning. (Took 55 mins to do the usual 25 min journey) [Frown]

Give me a nice comfy chair and a cup of tea, mind you... [Big Grin]

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[M. Python]
Oh no! Not the comfy chair!
[/M. Python]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
I remember seeing that but wasn't sure if
a) it was a recommendation for where to be, or
b) whether area 9 would be in the same place this year

Sorry. It was a 'there's no point on deciding a place, cos it'll probably all be taken, but I'll happily try and find a place somewhere vaguely in an area and then let people know' if that's what's wanted. If someone wants to try and be more definite, go ahead.

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

- Posted      Profile for Manda   Email Manda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have (I think) finally got round to sorting out a ticket for GB - much joy [Smile] .
Not long now, very excited.
Does anyone know if the organic beer tent is doing cider as well? If not, red wine and chocolate cake always makes for a good birthday at GB [Smile]

--------------------
'Hypnotically fabulous AND twinkly' - The Lad Himself

Posts: 1137 | From: Back in little old Wiltshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
CIDER!!!

Actually, the nicest (commercial) cider I've had in ages is that Cornish Cyder stuff. Excellent brew.

Looking forward to the beer tent again.

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

- Posted      Profile for Manda   Email Manda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would that be a yes aj?

personally I'm torn between Westons and Thatchers as my favourite commercial cider. I reckon Thatchers would just sneak it but Westons is more widely available

--------------------

Posts: 1137 | From: Back in little old Wiltshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manda:
Would that be a yes aj?

personally I'm torn between Westons and Thatchers as my favourite commercial cider. I reckon Thatchers would just sneak it but Westons is more widely available

Thatchers is by far the better cider, and it's a much better colour too.

I will bring some scrumpy from Exeter as well, I am going to be at GB on a tight budget so can't spend too much time in the bar (famous last words...)

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

Well the gladd of Thatchers I have in my hand at the moment is very nice indeed, and had very good draught Thatchers the other day in Somerset the colour of orange squash - ver good, fairly powerful & could still taste the barn. Unfortunately though, not being in hardcore cider country you have to take what you can get at times, though Tescos here has dramatically imporved their range.

Neil - are you taking orders for that farm scrumpy? If so, count me in & you will be my hero, have missed that stuff.

--------------------

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Neil - are you taking orders for that farm scrumpy? If so, count me in & you will be my hero, have missed that stuff.

I will see what I can do! Not sure if she is still selling it, or even still alive...
Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

True. Although if she drinks it as well, she'll probably be preserved for many years to come.

--------------------

Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
True. Although if she drinks it as well, she'll probably be preserved for many years to come.

Ah, so the cider is part of your secret plan to live to 100? [Big Grin]

I make it 17 days to go! Yay!

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

Ah, so that's my excuse. Knew there must be one somewhere [Smile] .
Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A question for the veterans - what's the catering like on site? (Excluding the beer tent, obviously. Although it's nice to have one guaranteed source of carbohydrate on hand) Can you survive without bringing 4 days worth of pasta?

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quercus:
A question for the veterans - what's the catering like on site? (Excluding the beer tent, obviously. Although it's nice to have one guaranteed source of carbohydrate on hand) Can you survive without bringing 4 days worth of pasta?

You can, if you can afford a second mortgage. There's a wide variety of food, but it's all expensive.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wasn't going to go.

Then I got a free press pass.

I'll see if Jeff wants it.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:

You can, if you can afford a second mortgage. There's a wide variety of food, but it's all expensive.
We did all right by deciding to have *one* meal a day from one of the (very many ) food options. Some of them are cheaper (and nicer) than others. There was a very nice french sausage something I think, and a nice pancake one. I also liked a cheaper veggie one (cant remember its name).

Breakfast can be those packet cereals and milk in the packet, and have a supply of cereal bars/ fruit for lunch.

Ive found it not to be worthwhile any more to cook at greenbelt - its such a long way from the main area to the tents and I prefer to stay onsite as much as I can. It makes packing and planning much simpler!

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
quote:
I'm too old to enjoy 'getting filthy together ' any more.

Miff, I think you are posting on the wrong thread [Two face] [Biased]

If you and Mr Miff do decide to be here for 2008, I know a great place that has tea on tap. [Biased]

Good grief. [Eek!] It's only just dawned what thread Dolphy and Zealot were talking about. Really! [Disappointed] Exactly what sort of a Miffy do you think I am?! [Hot and Hormonal]

Though Mr M does spend much of his spare time in skin -tight lycra come to think of it... [Biased]

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was just thinking what a shame it was the idea of a shared ship cottage didnt come about. Id be up for doing that next year but Im guessing it would need to be booked earlier than people would like to commit.

It could be fun to come back to shippie drinks...

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Emma.:
Ive found it not to be worthwhile any more to cook at greenbelt - its such a long way from the main area to the tents and I prefer to stay onsite as much as I can.

It is a bit of a question of priorities. If money is really tight you may well need to go and cook at the tents, though you may want some flexibility in your programme (ie: you'll find times having to cook earlier than you'd normally do, or later, in order to be where you want to be). Snacks, fruit etc in a backpack to eat when you want is always an option. If you have the time, there are supermarkets reasonably close you could pop out to for a stock up of supplies. But, the stalls selling food aren't all that expensive - you could easily pay more at a decent restaurant, though you'd probably complain about what's basically variations on fast food in a restaurant.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
quote:

[M. Python]
Oh no! Not the comfy chair!
[/M. Python]

And the soft cushion! [Two face]

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

Completely agree. I usually take raisins, bananas, orange juice packets etc with me rather than worry about walking back to camp to make a sandwich.

A few days of food from your rucksack wont harm you and means you can see a lot more of whats going on/seeing people etc. It just takes a bit of pre-planning, but can be just as cheap as cooking on site.

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

We did all right by deciding to have *one* meal a day from one of the (very many ) food options. Some of them are cheaper (and nicer) than others. There was a very nice french sausage something I think, and a nice pancake one. I also liked a cheaper veggie one (cant remember its name).

Breakfast can be those packet cereals and milk in the packet, and have a supply of cereal bars/ fruit for lunch.

Oh, good. Karl MB had me worried for a bit, and the GB site doesn't help. (Complete quote from the FAQ: "What food outlets are onsite?
There is a wide range of quality food concessions onsite." [Paranoid] )

quote:
Ive found it not to be worthwhile any more to cook at greenbelt - its such a long way from the main area to the tents and I prefer to stay onsite as much as I can. It makes packing and planning much simpler!

Thank you! I think that's what I was asking, in a a roundabout way - it's one thing dragging out a tent from the back of the loft, and another to have to beg my brother for the use of his camping stove and cooking stuff, assuming it came back from Latitude ok and assuming he washed it... [Disappointed]

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It depends on (a) your definition of expensive, and (b) your appetite. My problem is that I'd need to buy a pie and chips from one place and go and get a pancake from somewhere else - which would be the best part of a tenner, a lot for some fast food on the hoof.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think point #8 of the Dave Walker Guide to Greenbelt sums up the buying vs cooking debate perfectly well. And the rest of it is worth a read too.

Paul W

--------------------

Blog
Flickr

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

quote:
It depends on (a) your definition of expensive, and (b) your appetite. My problem is that I'd need to buy a pie and chips from one place and go and get a pancake from somewhere else - which would be the best part of a tenner, a lot for some fast food on the hoof.

I try and have one meal at my tent, and one out on the hoof, usually costing about £5. My problem is that at about 10pm I suddenly need food again...
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by starbelly:
I am going to be at GB on a tight budget so can't spend too much time in the bar

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

Ow! [Help] I think I just pulled a muscle.

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Quinine
Shipmate
# 1668

- Posted      Profile for Quinine   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hurrah for Greenbelt. Looking forward to what must be something like my 15th festival. I have discovered that, in my anxiety to book a ticket, I have in fact managed to buy two tickets, since two of them have landed on my mat. I can't find a taker for the spare yet. Anyone interested? Free, just to clarify. Will post to anywhere in mainland Britain.
Posts: 252 | From: In a fen | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quinine
Shipmate
# 1668

- Posted      Profile for Quinine   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, looking back through the posts, I wonder if I've received a rogue double, and will need to send one of them back. Sorry, I'd better check that. They do both have the same order number on them.
Posts: 252 | From: In a fen | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Screwtape
Moron
# 12661

- Posted      Profile for Screwtape         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would be interested in a spare ticket if there is one going!!

--------------------
I am really too stupid to live.

Screwtape
Moron
# 12661

- Posted      Profile for Screwtape         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please could soemone confirm if the Shipmates are going to be camping in area 9. Will there be a Ship flag or some other way of identifing the Ship area?

--------------------
I am really too stupid to live.

Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape:
Please could soemone confirm if the Shipmates are going to be camping in area 9. Will there be a Ship flag or some other way of identifing the Ship area?

It'll be the one with the dedicated wine storage tent.

Paul W

--------------------

Blog
Flickr

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:

Next to our private toilet... hopefully... (pants????)

Honestly Paul... you make us all sound like a bunch of hopeless drunks! [Two face]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Superslug
Shipmate
# 7024

- Posted      Profile for Superslug   Email Superslug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Off on Holiday on Friday and more or less straight onto GB. I'll be the one not standing in the Childrens area queue, first time for some 12 years, now they are all in the Mix. Woohooo!

Will keep an eye out for those tell tale shipmate signs. You know listing to the left and muttering about tat with a pirate accent! grrrrr!

SS

[ 08. August 2007, 15:08: Message edited by: Superslug ]

--------------------
I was 'educated' in the UK in the 70s and early 80s. Therefore, please feel free to correct my grammar and punctuation. I need to know!

Posts: 464 | From: Hessle, East Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by starbelly:
I try and have one meal at my tent, and one out on the hoof, usually costing about £5. My problem is that at about 10pm I suddenly need food again...

Its easy to spend a lot more than a fiver [Frown]

Last year I had no problem becuase (a) I got a list there in a car and so could bring a wine box and some food and (b) I had borrowed loads of money from the bank so I could afford the takeaways snyway.

This year I will probably be coming by train and I have run out of money so choices are harder... do I revert to carrying a pack full of cheap pitta bread and interesting Turkish spreads?

quote:
Originally posted by Superslug:
I'll be the one not standing in the Childrens area queue, first time for some 12 years, now they are all in the Mix.

My daughter now counts as an adult.

That's weird.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As Alan and others have already said, there are a few supermarkets close to the RaceCourse if you have transport. There is also a bus service from the carpark (by Dragon Vets) which goes into the centre of town.

That said, if you come prepared, you will be fine. In any case, surely it's all about mucking in together rather than worrying about food.

And yes, believe it or not, some folks are on a low budget, so, I suggest you all take pity on Starbelly and offer him food, after all, he has the cider! [Two face]

I am happy to take care of your wine, after all, many of you will be passing near to my house. I can promise you that I will return the empty bottles for you to re-cycle [Two face]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quinine:
Actually, looking back through the posts, I wonder if I've received a rogue double, and will need to send one of them back. Sorry, I'd better check that. They do both have the same order number on them.

We also had duplicate tickets arrive in seperate envelopes on different days with the same order number.
If you email Greenbelt they will tell you what to do.
(You haven't paid twice!)

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:

Next to our private toilet... hopefully... (pants????)
Auntie Doris x

Indeed... there will be a toilet. It will also have it's own tent. [Smile]

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

(Which is only for short people.)

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pānts:

er.... why?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the topic I food I can happily say you do need to take your own. As a steward we get food vouchers (Huzzah!) but struggle to get 3 decent meals out of them (totally around £14 if memory serves me correctly). The best bet is to bring your camping staples (bit like sky hooks really) and some cash so you can purchase one or two things if you want food wise. But don't expect change from a fiver for any one plate of food.

The cheap vege place is called 'Nuts Cafe' and used to have the performance cafe until last year. I won't comment on whether this alteration was good or bad because I'll sound like an old git.

I won't be camping with you guys as already planned to camp with some other folk though suspect will bump into/ be involved in hearding you this year.

Oh and post Greenbelt (as if such a thing were possible) I'm on the train out of Cheltenham Spa and found I could pay £1 extra and travel first class... oh m'finks I'll be clearing the carriage rather quickly then!

May I suggest that we alter this thread slightly and put in bold if suggestions are being made re camping positions etc. Also, can we start listing stuff people should go and see. Dribs and drabs have appeared all year, but that was ten pages ago! I'll start....

Some Musak To Hear

Billy Bragg Funky political singer

Sounds of Salvation Amazing Ska worship band who do a mix of "old classics" as well as modern funky stuff which will leave you, as WWMT asked you to do, "Jumpin in the House of God" (Sorry I'll stop being all Yoof like now... shudder ... but that really was the best way to sum up how infectious their music is)

Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:
Originally posted by Pānts:

er.... why?

Auntie Doris x

Cos it's a normal 2 person dome tent, and if I put my mini Porta Potti in the middle, I can just about sit upright!!

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

So as long as we crouch we will be fine. [Big Grin]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ok , so i retract my earlier post, having spent two weeks in a field at another events surrounded by thousands of young people, i am now looking forwards to GB ... the thought of "not long till greenbelt" kept me going !

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
YAY for greenbelt!

Liopleurodon and I will be coming , but not camping as my sister is at uni in cheltenham and has offered us the use of her spare room. whether a student house spare room will be more hygenic/warm/comfortable/clean than camping, we are yet to discover [Smile]

Could there be some kind of organised shipmeet for those of us who are not camping?

Or maybe just a signal so as to meet people randomly aroud the campsite (I will be the 21 year old iwth face paint. Liopleurodon will be saying "I like Dinysors" a lot, so we are reasonably distinctive....)

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i think the tradition is to meet around 6pm on the friday night on the steps behind the bar?

is that right?

is that something people are up for again?

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lookin:
i think the tradition is to meet around 6pm on the friday night on the steps behind the bar?

I thought the tradition was to meet at the bar whenever it was open [Big Grin]

--------------------
Try to have a thought of your own, thinking is so important. - Blackadder

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lookin:

is that right?

is that something people are up for again?

I would be up for that. I want to meet people! We are a smaller group then usual this year but are all getting very excited.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Double sets of wristbands now arrived - must post one set back. We will be camping with others from our Church (well it would be rude not to since we have persuaded them all to come [Big Grin] ) But would love to meet you guys. HOWEVER 6pm at the back of the bar won't work as the wee ones will no way be in bed then.... Can anyone post any suggestions as to how I can meet up (and possibly Calisnenath as well if he feels so inspired and our resident babysitter is happy - it's good taking a granny along you know [Razz] ) later? One that won't mean we miss out on great music on the first night?????? What about oh I don't know I don't have any ideas...... [Help]

--------------------
life is purple

Posts: 376 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016