homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always thought we met a bit later than 6pm but I might be wrong. I usually am.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, we meet at 6pm, but some of us are still there at closing time... [Razz]

Do we have the book again this year? We normally have a guestbook kind of thing that's kept in the Tank venue, for any of us to write in messages or meet suggestions. Although I have a vague recollection of it going missing last year.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Spouse:

I thought the tradition was to meet at the bar whenever it was open [Big Grin]

totally ... And I am up for that for sure [Smile]

Not even sure if I will be there by 6 , but I was just throwing in the suggestion to the pot as I recall it being that last year ...

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

UKCanuck
Shipmate
# 10780

- Posted      Profile for UKCanuck   Email UKCanuck   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've only popped in for the Saturday for the last couple of years. This time I'm there for the whole weekend. Hooray! I'll be staying off-site, though, so I won't be sharing the joys of waking up with a crick in me back and smelling putrid by Monday. Oh well, can't be helped. [Snigger]

--------------------
"No, the Canadian flag does not look like a giant nosebleed, so put that thought out of your mind right now." - Will & Ian Ferguson

Posts: 148 | From: Cardiff, Wales | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
we will pop in to look at the book in the Tank then, as we are not arriving till Saturday morning.
sooooooooooooo excited:)

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If anyone who is going wants my mobile number we usually have wine and cake at the tents at some point. All shipmates will be welcome, subject to usual vetting requirements and CRB checks. [Biased]

(Rosamundi - are you going this year?)

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow its coming round quickly now... less than 2 weeks to greenbelt (and a week until ajs family arrive and 3 til the wedding - its all go here [Smile] )
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
If anyone who is going wants my mobile number we usually have wine and cake at the tents at some point. All shipmates will be welcome, subject to usual vetting requirements and CRB checks. [Biased]

(Rosamundi - are you going this year?)

Auntie Doris x

Ditto with my moblie number, and I can direct you to Auntie Doris tent as she has everything (and more) that anyone could ever need when camping!

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Arrived home Friday night to find a brown paper envelope with wristband and such.

I need to post it quickly, airmail-like, to the person who asked to buy it. I hope they contact me soon!

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

*sigh* still wish you were coming.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

- Posted      Profile for Manda   Email Manda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Go on , buy a last minute cheap plane ticket. You know you want to really [Smile]

--------------------
'Hypnotically fabulous AND twinkly' - The Lad Himself

Posts: 1137 | From: Back in little old Wiltshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Manda:
Go on , buy a last minute cheap plane ticket. You know you want to really [Smile]

He would if he had a bloody valid passport!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i will be there somewhere with wine and cake, and wine, and more cake [Big Grin]

i am actually starting to get excited now ...
have three or four things I want to see during the weekend, then lots of time for coffee, food, cake, wine, chat hurrah
and ship meets, which usually involve all the above at greenbelt anyway ...

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cqg:
Arrived home Friday night to find a brown paper envelope with wristband and such.

I need to post it quickly, airmail-like, to the person who asked to buy it. I hope they contact me soon!

If they don't I would be interested in it.

Carys

--------------------
O Lord, you have searched me and know me
You know when I sit and when I rise

Posts: 6896 | From: Bryste mwy na thebyg | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm currently trying to work out the logistics of getting down this year seeing as it doesn't look like I need to be anywhere else. Don't think I can be bothered to read all squillion pages of this to work out whether enough exciting/interesting people are going to be there to justify the hassle of getting there..... Or is it so long since I've been to a shipmeet south of the border that I won't recognise any of you anyway?!
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You should recognise the three of us.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You should recognise me as well. Not changed too much since January. Are you planning to camp?

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Posts: 689 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by GeordieDownSouth:
Are you planning to camp?

Tom and Paul have new heels and handbags for the event. Not sure about Alan. [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:

Well you and Flausa I'm confident of, but I'm not sure I'd recognise the wee wan unless he was with one of you - last time I saw him he was just about walking around grabbing onto things, and I'm guessing by now he's running round causing havoc!

Not intending camping - seeing as my friends who live locally now have running water back and hence have showers, as well as soft things to sleep on with no risk of being rained on, I think I'll be staying there!

Geordie, are SOS playing - will I finally get to witness you skanking? (I'm guessing I might recognise you.....)

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Derf:
...- will I finally get to witness you skanking? (I'm. guessing I might recognise you.....)

Skanking????????

--------------------

wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds of Salvation are playing (according to Facebook), it should be good...

Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've never been to a shipmeet so won't recognise any of you.... Shall I pop up to the tank to check the book or does someone want to trust me with a mobile number?? I am nice - honest [Big Grin]

--------------------
life is purple

Posts: 376 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
quote:
...- will I finally get to witness you skanking? (I'm. guessing I might recognise you.....)

Skanking????????
you need to come Pants, and check it out [Smile]
I will be at something of SOS, although last year I think they appeared 4 times? I shall probably make one of something

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will be skulking around the back of the stage, occasionally breaking into a tentative skank and leaving most of that to the younger, fitter members of the band.

I think we're on YMCA stage 4pm Saturday and 5pm Sunday. One of these will be a more old skool worship thing and the other more gig like with a bunch of new material.

And on Monday we're on at 9.30am on stage 2 with another worship slot.

And the ukelele orchestra of Great Britain isn't at greenbelt this year, so no one has an excuse for not coming to see us.

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

GDS I will make sure I make it to something.
Was good to bump into briefly in Notting Hill a few months back. Did you enjoy it?

We were we missed half of it, as the transport plans went a bit wrong, when they closed all the tubes down, but hey ho, we got there.

Wasnt quite what we were expecting either, but still, you guys were good as always lol...

glad you have got some gigs happening,

not long to go now till it all kicks off, i think i needed to get over my work camping ordeals to startlooking forwards to GB as quite excited now, hurrah.

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

Yeah, it was a fun one at Notting Hill, thanks for making the effort! We're quite often not entirely sure what we're going to end up playing at either but they were really good hosts.

No Ska mass this year I'm afraid. We're resting it for a bit.

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:

Well you and Flausa I'm confident of, but I'm not sure I'd recognise the wee wan unless he was with one of you - last time I saw him he was just about walking around grabbing onto things, and I'm guessing by now he's running round causing havoc!
Yes, it has been too long since we all got together. You'll probably have difficulty recognising the not-so-wee wan, as we were looking at photos from a few months back and being surprised by how much he's changed.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

quote:
Yeah, it was a fun one at Notting Hill, thanks for making the effort! We're quite often not entirely sure what we're going to end up playing at either but they were really good hosts.

No Ska mass this year I'm afraid. We're resting it for a bit.

we had been expecting more of a youth event than an all age deal, but hey ho, it was good, and Dee who is the youth worker there is lovely. Glad you enjoyed it [Smile]

has anyone said if and when there will be a ship meet yet, or is it assumed its the same as usual?

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Genie
Shipmate
# 3282

- Posted      Profile for Genie   Email Genie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So who is collecting mobile numbers to coordinate the camp location? I still have some numbers left in my phone from last year.

I wont be able to make it to the campsite until after 4pm, so if someone could save me space for a one-person tent, I'd be very grateful.

--------------------
Alleluia, Christ is risen!

Posts: 762 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

If people want to PM me with mobile numbers, I'll happily collect them. I'll happily give mine in PM to whoever wants it too.

--------------------

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

quote:

9.30am????????? That's not civilised.
GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

quote:
quote:

9.30am????????? That's not civilised.
You only have to turn up at 9.30. We've got to sound check before that.

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Yes... but I am on holiday!!!

Mind you... some people are just going to bed at that time eh Ken?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Calindreams
Shipmate
# 9147

- Posted      Profile for Calindreams   Email Calindreams   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi everyone - Not been able to access the ship at work, but I'll try and keep up with the thread.

I'll be at Greenbelt this year so I will look forward to meeting shipmates.

My church - Journey, is hosting a stations of the cross meditation in the New Forms area - I think on Saturday if anyone is interested.

Yay! Duke Special is on the main stage this year!

--------------------
Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

Posts: 665 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are staying off site in a B&B again this year.
Does anyone want to borrow a tent from us? We are offering a two man dome tent again from Friday afternoon to Tuesday morning to a careful shipmate. If anyone wants to do this please PM me to make arrangements.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
If people want to PM me with mobile numbers, I'll happily collect them. I'll happily give mine in PM to whoever wants it too.

Pants, your inbox is full.

Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Minor point! [Biased]

Tis better now. It has room. [Smile]

--------------------

Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We'll be there, Travelodging off site as usual. I'm doing a 15 minute meditation at the Root & Branch zone in G:source on Monday morning at 10.00.

BTW, isn't G:source just ripe to be called G-spot? Although that would mean most men wouldn't be able to find it... [Devil]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

quote:
Originally posted by Esmeralda:

BTW, isn't G:source just ripe to be called G-spot? Although that would mean most men wouldn't be able to find it... [Devil]

now that has made me laugh! [Overused]

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Auntie Doris Thanks for the pm and number. I tried to pm you with mine, but your mail box is full.
My mobile seems to have gone for a little wander but as soon as it returns, I will put your number in my directory.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Tumphouse:
Auntie Doris Thanks for the pm and number. I tried to pm you with mine, but your mail box is full.

Sorted.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am reliably informed my wristband has arrived. I'm not entirely convinced TME's has, but that's another story.

Really looking forward to this now. There's nothing like living in the former Soviet Union for making the prospect of camping in a swampy field seem luxurious [Big Grin] Can't wait.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calindreams:
My church - Journey, is hosting a stations of the cross meditation in the New Forms area - I think on Saturday if anyone is interested.

If it's Saturday between 8pm and midnight I'll be venue managing for you. If not, I'll probably be there anyway.
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
I am reliably informed my wristband has arrived. I'm not entirely convinced TME's has, but that's another story.

JTL, I was at the racecourse on Sunday for the carboot sale. There was a regular seller there who had some 'fun handcuffs' for sale and, beside her was a chap who cuts keys and engraves things at a reduced price.

We will be there again this Sunday... just a thought [Biased]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be camping with my girlfriend/church mates, but will no doubt see most of youse around the site. 6pm at the Ox, you say? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Blimey Marvin... you're actually staying this year?!!!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sure am! Thought it might be fun after my two years of "warming up" by only going for the Monday [Smile]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

i got y wrist band today [Big Grin]

(via a friend who got it the other day)

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Sure am! Thought it might be fun after my two years of "warming up" by only going for the Monday [Smile]

Fabulous. Will be good to see you [Smile]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got a phone call tonight, to begin planning 'the convoy'; and confirming that we will have the canoe this year again.
Only one Sunday to go!
[Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016