homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tumphouse:
Got a phone call tonight, to begin planning 'the convoy'; and confirming that we will have the canoe this year again.

Are you expecting more floods? [Eek!]

Came back from two weeks' camping on Tuesday - everything should be washed, dried and ironed in time to go to GB next Friday morning!

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev per Minute:

Nope.
Weather here is random, perfect for GB!

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
biscuit
Shipmate
# 3550

- Posted      Profile for biscuit   Email biscuit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm volunteering at the Tank - if there's anyone coming through there check for Tim - mind you, I'm still waiting for the ticket to show up! [Help]

b.

--------------------
"The strength of the fish is in the water" (proverb)
Current flavour: Chocolate hobnob

Posts: 455 | From: South Hobbiton | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev per Minute:
quote:
Originally posted by Tumphouse:
Got a phone call tonight, to begin planning 'the convoy'; and confirming that we will have the canoe this year again.

Just the usual. But the canoe will keep the small ones amused for hours. It did last year, anyway. And it forms a focal point for our group. See, it does make sense. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay... Marvins gonna be there! Yay. Haven't seen you in aaaaaaaaaaaages. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use Ł6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe the technical phrase is
"One week to go*"

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Regards
John

*Ok some stewards and setup will be there since this coming wed/thursday and some folks won't appear until the w/end but that rather spoils the flow of excitableness now doesn't it...

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by biscuit:
I'm volunteering at the Tank - if there's anyone coming through there check for Tim -
b.

I'm sorry everyone but I forgot all about The Book. [Hot and Hormonal]
Last year, when I returned to The Tank at the end of the weekend to pick it up they had lost it! They didn't know anything about it and in fact didn't know it existed. The original book had three years of messages from Shipmates so it was getting to be quite a good souvenir.

Do you want me to arrange to bring a new book?

If this is something we want to continue to do can someone say so - ie by Wednesday night so I can go and find a suitably nautical book?
Also can someone PM me with an email address of someone at the Tank so we can make it a bit more official - then it may not disappear.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd suggest you get a new book...

Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wesleyswig:
I believe the technical phrase is
"One week to go*"

And all I need to do is get my broken bendy tentpole fixed or replaced, buiy two train tickets and get hold of some food. And arrange a larger overdraft to pay for it all [Frown]

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geroff:

Last year, when I returned to The Tank at the end of the weekend to pick it up they had lost it! They didn't know anything about it and in fact didn't know it existed. The original book had three years of messages from Shipmates so it was getting to be quite a good souvenir.

And some people make a fuss about how the internet is ephemeral, and electronic files prone to corruption or being in a format that's obsolete in 2 months, and that if we wanted to keep things safe and accessible in the future we should put it down on paper.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
quote:

And some people make a fuss about how the internet is ephemeral, and electronic files prone to corruption or being in a format that's obsolete in 2 months, and that if we wanted to keep things safe and accessible in the future we should put it down on paper.
[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ken
I can lend you a tent then you won't need to carry it on the train -
PM me!

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We just trawled through the local Sainsbury's and are now well stocked on pasta, rice, assorted sauces, canned veg and other odds and ends. Everything you need for a weekends fine dining at Greenbelt. Plus a few luxuries, a couple of bottles of beer and some wine.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have bought wine, pasta and sauce and have made cake. Almost sorted [Smile]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've bought a new sleeping bag today, since my old one is falling to bits. I'll stock up on some food later in the week.

One or two minor lineup additions. dfg are there again - I must actually try to see them this year, since I've missed them every time so far.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Currently thinking of new sleeping bags, since Mrs per Minute 'feels the cold' - and as the nights are expected to be chilly for southern Britain in August (yes, Alan, not really cold by Scottish standards), warmer sleeping bags may make for a happier Greenbelt!

Otherwise, all we need now is a new torch - everything else is filling up the spare bedroom (including a flysheet airing after returning from France). Have to tidy it up before the mother-in-law arrives the day before GB - she may be camping with us for the weekend, but I think she expects a proper bed the night before!

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay for dfg!!!! I expect we will be there. We've borrowed a tent and confirmed the booking for Alex's parents. Havent brought food yet - but theres still a while to go yet. Alex's family arive on monday......

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and hopefully going to a seminar or some music too!

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought you were staying in a B&B Emma [Biased]

I can't wait to go... just found out my neighbour is also going!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope! I've posted quite a few times in the last few pages about camping I think!! (You may be confusing me with last year - I stayed in the student accomodation and it was FAB. I booked too late for a repeat performance of that sadly!)

We may get a shower at Alex's parents place though [Smile]

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Ahhh ok.... Iam probably just be being typically thick of course.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An update on Sounds of Salvation. We very nearly had to do the weekend with a Tenor Sax player due to a set of circumstances involving bowling, a low hanging lamp shade and a Nintendo Wii.

Thankfully the tendons were ok*, so I'll be sporting a bandage and seven stitches and now no one will have to ask me how I got the injury so I won't have to tell anyone.

* They're white. Was quite surprised to see them.

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Posts: 689 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

You took your time... I rushed over here to see what you had done to yourself!!! Hope you feel ok.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apart from embarrassment, I'm grand. Though I'm supposed to keep the bandage clean and dry. How does that work? I wash with water!

Also, my post above should say "without a Tenor Sax player." Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

[ 18. August 2007, 22:09: Message edited by: GeordieDownSouth ]

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Posts: 689 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

I have just bought a new sleeping bag and am planning food. Getting very excited.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Mrs Badcrumble
Shipmate
# 5839

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Badcrumble   Email Mrs Badcrumble   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Going to greenbelt for the first time. Am very excited! (and nervous, haven't done camping since I was a nipper)

Is the SoF doing anything special? It may have been discussed on earlier pages but I'm in an internet cafe and can't afford to pay for enough time to read it all...

Also any advice re:camping would be nice. I'll be camping close by some friends, maybe in the Outerspace thingy but am not sure.

I'd love to get to know some of you guys so if you want to PM me please do, it might be better than derailing the thread answering dumb newbie q's [Smile]

Kate x

--------------------
Note to self, Religion - Scary...

Posts: 286 | From: Wrexham, North Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GeordieDownSouth:
Also, my post above should say "without a Tenor Sax player." Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

I was wondering!!!

Aunti Doris, Emma *did* want 'real' accomodation, but its obviously just so much more appealing sleeping rough with us lot. [Snigger]

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Nothing wrong with sleeping with us all!!! [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For those of you who don't know already, there is a new Sainsbury's about 5 mins drive from the Racecourse.

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Or a Tescos or Lidl (or however its spelt - never been there so I don't know!) the other way (which I pass every morning and evening on the way to / from picking up Alien each day, and will happily take orders!).

--------------------

wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

For those travelling in by train...

Public transport serves the racecourse and a bus appears at Cheltenham Spa at ten minute intervals starting at .09 the hour (daytime). The journey then takes around 25mins.

This info was stolen from the traveline website so I take no responsibilities for any error that is contained above... well to be frank looking bedraggled, friendly and tired tends to get you a lift from the station anyway...

Yeah I need to look at food now... hmmm ... got three days job training then onto site on Thursday.

Regards
John

--------------------
Read my ramblings

Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I thought going to see Runrig at Loch Ness yesterday would be good practice for Greenbelt, but I do hope not. We spent about 7 hours out in the pouring rain in an arena which rapidly became a mudbath, and then had to push the car out of the even more of a mudbath carpark (I so hope the people who helped us found people to help them push theirs out - there was nowhere to stop so we could return the favour).

So I'm hoping next weekend is going to involve lots less rain and less mud, but just as much good music.

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

Ooooh we've been listening to runrig in the car today. They're fab! Scotland is just a bit too far to come to see them but AJ heard they might be in southampton, that reminds me to check it out!
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They're touring England (but not Scotland [Frown] ) in the autumn - can't remember how far south they're heading.
Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At a risk of continuing the derailment - they are going to Bristol. Must organise tickets....

--------------------
life is purple

Posts: 376 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...they'll be in Southampton also [Smile]

See you all this weekend! (token comment to maintain thread track)

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
... and in London, too! [Yipee]

Was thinking about getting a ticket for the Southampton gig also (daughter lives in Portsmouth, so I could stay over.)

So, yes, Greenbelt. Mud. The long range weather forecast suggests that thursday & friday will be dry & sunny. Let's hope the weekend is the same. [Smile]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So far so good

--------------------
life is purple

Posts: 376 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

GREENBELT

WOOT

WOOT

[Yipee] [Big Grin] [Yipee] [Big Grin] [Yipee] [Big Grin] [Yipee] [Biased]

--------------------

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just back from doing the bottom half (um, 40%) of the Offa's Dyke path, so I have 4 days to do a token amount of work, wash everything and wrest my brother's tent off him.

Oh, and hope inspiration fills the little white box in the next few days. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Okay, having read the last 5 pages (I got bored at that point), I think the following are planning on camping with Shippies:

Auntie Doris +? – 2 large tents
Emma, Alex, +1 – 2 ?? tents
Pants – 2 small tents
Alan, Flausa + Weewan – 1 large tent
Quizmaster, Atlana – 1 large tent
Ken – 1 small tent
Genie – 1 small tent
Tractor Girl

And these people I’m not sure about cos I don’t think they’ve said either way
Persephone (or whatever she’s now called!)?
Screwtape?
Paul?
Quercus?

Am I right or not? (Just trying to get a vague idea cos it sounds like Auntie Doris and I will be the first there).

[Smile]

--------------------

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I can lend you a tent then you won't need to carry it on the train -
PM me!

Thanks but I love my little tent [Biased] Also its actually very light to carry - a weekend's worth of food for two is a lot heavier!

I think I'll just reconcile myself to missing a Saturday afternoon session and going into town to buy some food!

--------------------
Ken

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
Persephone (or whatever she’s now called!)?

Yep, one small tent.

Though she's currently in Wales and hasn't answered her mobile for four days so I still don't know if she's managed to arrange a lift or will be coming with me on the train. So haven't been able to buy tickets yet.

As long as it doesn't rain while I'm putting up my tent I'm OK. I camped in pouring rain in June and it was fine - but the rain helf off while the tent went up so I could put a dry pack into it.

--------------------
Ken

Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You will all come and say hello in the craft/Infinite Beads tent, won't you?

I'll probably be dipping candles or dyeing T-shirts.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pants, I don't intend sleeping under the stars & so can you put me down as:

Tractor Girl, Third Party and Third Party's friend = 1 small & 1 large tent.
Possibly also one other large tent (with a family known to TP in).

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

I just have one large tent, the communal gazebo and the most ridiculous amount of stuff!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Doris (and anybody else), if you run out of space for all of your stuff one of the bedrooms in our large tent is going to be used as a storage area.

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by ken:
I think I'll just reconcile myself to missing a Saturday afternoon session and going into town to buy some food!

I'm on and off site twice a day, and going past Tesco's. Will happily take orders, or take people!

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

To be honest it is not storing it when I get there that will be the problem... it will be getting it all in the bloody car to start with!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

quote:
I'm on and off site twice a day, and going past Tesco's. Will happily take orders, or take people!

...meet people there also?

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
quote:

...meet people there also?
Er, yes. Why? You coming for the day??!! (BTW it's Cleeve Tesco's I'll be going past.)

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016