homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Uriel
Shipmate
# 2248

- Posted      Profile for Uriel   Email Uriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're packed, althoguh I don't know where the two small children will fit in the car. All things being well we should be off around 8.30 tomorrow morning and at the site roughly 10am. Which should mean we actually get onto the site around midday!

Cheers,

Uriel.

Posts: 687 | From: Somerset, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
very random request, but ipod earphones, anyone got any spares ones they dont use, or got given extra ?

i cannot believe i just did this, but I just hoovered mine up, have had to cut them to get them out of the hoover wheel thingy, and they have been completed disintegrated ...

however I rely on my ipod at GB to sleep, and for other times when I just need to go away from the world.

I will have to buy some in the morning somehow, somewhere if I cant find anyone with any ...

(i am willing to buy them from you by the way)

anyway, i know its rather late in the day, but pm me if you can help!

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

wanderingstar
Shipmate
# 10444

- Posted      Profile for wanderingstar   Email wanderingstar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooooh, unlucky. Wish I could help, Lookin.

Guess I'd better get to bed, but Mum - I'm too excited! Mebbe see some of you strangers there.

Have fun.

--------------------
You know what you shouldn't have done? You should never have let me press all those buttons...

Posts: 273 | From: Hollow lands and hilly lands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lookin:
very random request, but ipod earphones, anyone got any spares ones they dont use, or got given extra ?

You should be able to get some at Tesco's in the morning.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Weather report from Chelters.

8:30am, the sun is out, the sky is blue...

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
peterson toscano
Apprentice
# 12935

- Posted      Profile for peterson toscano   Author's homepage   Email peterson toscano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
Weather report from Chelters.

8:30am, the sun is out, the sky is blue...

yummy! I'm breaking out the shorts and flip flops.

--------------------
"Don't throw out the baby Jesus with the Evangelical bath water!"

peterson toscano

Posts: 45 | From: Somewhere over the Rainbow | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sitting here in my dressing gown with a bowl of cereal & a mug of tea.
Still not really packed. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta
Shipmate
# 2659

- Posted      Profile for Atlanta   Email Atlanta   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I,m ready for the off, just a shame that QM has to work this morning, we hope to be arriving around 3pm see you all then!!!!!!!!!! [Yipee]

--------------------
If you cant beat them, Join them!! But i refuse to start farming!!!!

Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atlanta:
I,m ready for the off, just a shame that QM has to work this morning, we hope to be arriving around 3pm see you all then!!!!!!!!!! [Yipee]

I've got to work all day. Thankfully, I've enough flexihours that all day finishes at 4pm. I think I'm packed so we can leave when my parents come to pick me up as they've helpfully decided to visit my Nain (grandmother) in Cheltenham this weekened.

Carys

--------------------
O Lord, you have searched me and know me
You know when I sit and when I rise

Posts: 6896 | From: Bryste mwy na thebyg | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well we're about to leave with our weekend bags and picnic. So little packing to do when you're staying in a nice comfortable B&B. [Snigger]

See you on the steps behind the Winged Ox at 6.

Geroff and Apothecary

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right, think I've got everything (apart from a bit of food I'm going to pick up enroute). Just about to set off, so look out for me wandering round the campsite lost in a few hours.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If we manage to drag our far-too-heavy bags out of the door to the bus-stop in the next half-hour we ought to be there

May I just say I hate the way railway tickets are for particular trains these days? (or else cost thousands of wonga). So we are supposed to get the 13:48 from Paddington (London's most remote and hard-to-get-to central railway station) and if we miss it another ticket would cost about 35 quid each [Frown]

Far too much pressure for a morning!

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You will be delighted to know that the long weekend forecast is hot, hot, hot!

--------------------

peterson toscano
Apprentice
# 12935

- Posted      Profile for peterson toscano   Author's homepage   Email peterson toscano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
You will be delighted to know that the long weekend forecast is hot, hot, hot!

yummy, yummy, yummy

I have arrived in Cheltenham a few minutes ago and a sour stench fills the place. Sort of a gone-off milk odor. Apparently it has hovered for days. We need a mighty wind to rush through and clear that mess out before me add our own stench to it.

--------------------

peterson toscano

Posts: 45 | From: Somewhere over the Rainbow | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
If we manage to drag our far-too-heavy bags out of the door to the bus-stop in the next half-hour we ought to be there

May I just say I hate the way railway tickets are for particular trains these days? (or else cost thousands of wonga). So we are supposed to get the 13:48 from Paddington (London's most remote and hard-to-get-to central railway station) and if we miss it another ticket would cost about 35 quid each [Frown]

Far too much pressure for a morning!

I hate that too and usually stump up for the savers. One trick is to check costs of individual legs (London-Didcot, Didcot to Cheltenham* for example) because buying separate tickets for those legs can be cheaper. This used only to be true on CDRs (so only of use for day trips) but they seem to be falling together with Savers and so longer trips are possible. Too late for this time I'm afraid.

*For Cardiff it is Cardiff-Swindon, Swindon-Didcot, Didcot Travelcard (with Network Card). The one downside is that the train has to stop in the stations you have tickets to and not all Cardiff trains stop at Didcot so sometimes one has to change at Swindon). Actually that means for you it might be Cheltenham Swindon, Swindon Didcot.

Carys

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by peterson toscano:
Auntie Doris, I know this virgin you are
bringing

Zounds! You *are* on the ship! Welcome! Have a blast at GB.
Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

quote:
I have arrived in Cheltenham a few minutes ago and a sour stench fills the place.

Sorry, I had a curry last night!

--------------------

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shipmeet is happening!!!

Currently present are sophs, aj, emma, auntie doris, gerroff, apothecury, starbelly and a number of others.

All saying hello to igeek!

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have fun everyone!
Every year I keep meaning to go & every year I fail!
Next year I want to be reminded when tickets come out & when to book early for non-tent accommodation!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just back at our digs in Cheltenham after the first evening of G07. Enjoyed Over the Rhine (FANTASTIC DRUMMER), Billy Bragg, and listened a while to Graham Maule (I think) singing unaccompanied in the Iona tent. Marvellous!

Off tomorrow for more...

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
peterson toscano
Apprentice
# 12935

whoa whoa! It is wonderful and especially nice knowing more people this year. Nice to attend the gathering and get to know more folks. Fortunately that nasty smell (be it re-released curry or whatever) cannot be detected on the grounds. Phew!

PERFECT weather today.
Okay, must got to bed so that I can enjoy.

Oh, and I saw the Greenbelt virgins. They seem to be holding up okay fortified with organic beer.

--------------------

peterson toscano

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Fortunately that nasty smell (be it re-released curry or whatever) cannot be detected on the grounds. Phew!

So glad to hear you're sympathetic to the people affected by the floods.

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello you lot at Greenbelt... this is the first year I've missed in a long time! [Frown] (The joys of moving house - at least got t'internet sorted at last!). Have a brilliant time... just about to read back and see how many of you have already wandered through the Tank!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We went to some dodgy show featuring an American former homo or something or another.

Er... [Smile]

Great show, Peterson - we'll try and get your second gig on Sunday. Welcome to the Ship, too. I wish I'd stayed longer in the pub on Friday and chatted.

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
peterson toscano
Apprentice
# 12935

Thanks aj, oh, and there is more beer to be had for chatting (although they ran out of ale before I got to the Organic Beer Tent and had to settle for lager)

[ 25. August 2007, 23:11: Message edited by: peterson toscano ]

--------------------

peterson toscano

Ju7ia
Shipmate
# 11944

- Posted      Profile for Ju7ia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I want to go! Somebody please take me too! [Waterworks]

--------------------
Kevin: "Why do we have to have evil?"
The Supreme Being: "Ah, I think it's something to do with free will".
(Time Bandits)

Posts: 67 | From: The wilds of Derbyshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

quote:
Originally posted by aj:
We went to some dodgy show featuring an American former homo or something or another.

I thought this was a Christian Festival!.

I hope that you are enjoying the sunshine, the beer, the tea, and all the events.

It looks better than last year, from the other side of the fences!

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thanks aj, oh, and there is more beer to be had for chatting (although they ran out of ale before I got to the Organic Beer Tent and had to settle for lager)

I would also like to point out that I fully blame Peterson for the fact that I was so wankered last night. I mean, you all know that I barely drink... so it couldn't possibly be my fault. Also, I have a pretty husky voice this morning after Yangtze and I went to Beer and Hymns.

I am having a lovely time... although the toilets smell like shit (ha, ha!)and I don't really want to go home. Not sure my liver coud stand much longer than a weekend at GB though!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

I'm home. Sorry I didn't see more shipmates. I met Tubifex Maximus to get the ticket (thanks again for that) and that was about it. Well, I bumped into Manda but mentally I count her as Cardiff not ship. Met Ophthalamous (or whatever his name is these days) via SPEAK people (well Winklet with whom I'm camping -- but she's a Cambridge person to me). I saw JonMy today to which was nice. Claire walked past me at one point but I didn't see other shipmates I knew which was a shame but I was trying not to be manically busy this year. I met all sorts of random people otherwise just not ship ones.

It was a good festival. I'm very glad I went though I just want to sleep now.

Carys

--------------------

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're back [Smile]

..... need sleep.....zzzzz

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

- Posted      Profile for Manda   Email Manda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back [Smile]

Peterson Toscano is on the ship? And you were drinking with him? How damn cool is that.

Dude, your show was great. Only managed to get to the last one because I was on a stall, but it was awesome.

Definitely worth staying a bit late to catch Duke Special as well I reckon.

--------------------
'Hypnotically fabulous AND twinkly' - The Lad Himself

Posts: 1137 | From: Back in little old Wiltshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Great, it's over.
Next Sunday we can go to the car boot!

Seriously, it looked great from the other side of the fences.

The pictures in the local paper are wonderful.

--------------------

GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that was kind of cool. When's the next one?

The stitches have come out ok as well.

Oh, and thanks for the tip about the cd shop, mr toscano, they were happy to take them when we turned up on Friday.

One of the highlights was wandering into the YMCA tent in the middle of a performance of Return to the Forbidden Planet on Monday. I love that show.

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Posts: 689 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
peterson toscano
Apprentice
# 12935

manda, thanks! I had no idea how the show would turn out at Centaur seeing it is an insanely huge and impersonal venue and the performance was only announced on Sunday and by word of mouth. But, hey, it all worked out. (Oh, and Auntie Doris and I knocked a few more back last night--she drinks like fish! [Big Grin] )

I LOVED the show by DFG last night. One of my highlights.

[ 28. August 2007, 14:10: Message edited by: peterson toscano ]

--------------------

peterson toscano

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspected you would like dfg [Smile] We had to leave before them though and they have alwasy been a highlight of my GB. Was it **really** their last one?
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back now. Not my best Greenbelt ever, but it wasn't too bad, met some nice people. Shame I never made it to the circus, but the queues were crazy for that, and for some other things I wanted to see.

I'm surprised no-one has started the 2008 thread yet. [Big Grin]

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about raising money for charity by doing a Sponsored Teetotal Greenbelt next year. I suspect it would be good for me too...

Paul W

--------------------

Blog
Flickr

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Paul, I love that idea! I bet you'd raise tons! [Big Grin]

Emma, I thought the dfg gig a couple of years ago was going to be their last too - they're probably just turning into Status Quo now they're getting older (now there's a thought).

This was a great GB for me, I really enjoyed myself. Highlights include the Visions Trance Mass on Friday night, and Kando Bongo Man on Saturday. And beer and hymns of course - brilliant stuff! Also I had lots of chances to meet great and random people, and relax and breathe and generally not be a headless chicken.

I was very sad not to get to any of Peterson's shows. The queues were just so long, the venues were shut before we were anywhere near the front. Sigh - next year!

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

Oh yeah, Beer'n'Hymns, that was fantastic. I took a few video clips of it, think I'm going to edit them together and stick them on Youtube if they look ok. I'll post a link when I do.

Might have to be Lemonade'n'Hymns for me next year though. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Maybe I'll set up a Good Little Evangelical version elsewhere at GB: SoftDrinks'n'Choruses

Paul W

--------------------

Blog
Flickr

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:
Back now. Not my best Greenbelt ever, but it wasn't too bad, met some nice people.

Likewise! For a number of reasons.

But I did have a fab time when I got back from dropping Alien home on Monday afternoon - caught up with a people, chatted lots and saw Duke Special and dfg.

Very limited number of photos here.

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Oh, and Auntie Doris and I knocked a few more back last night--she drinks like fish! [Big Grin]

Not. My. Fault. We did indeed have a few more drinks - and very nice they were too. Manda, I knew Peterson before he finally set sail with the ship... he makes me drink. It's all good. Peterson... maybe you should do a private performance for Ship people somewhere. I am thinking a bar venue might be the way to go!!

I am finally home and I am absolutely knackered. Paul I am not sure you would make it through a whole Greenbelt without booze... I am willing to watch from the sidelines though... with a pint of organic lager in my hand [Big Grin]

Pictures to follow when I have put everything away.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've put a few photos on flickr too here, though stupidly I forgot to take pictures at both the ship do and the wibsite do. You may recognise a couple of beer 'n' hymners though, and though I hadn't noticed him at the time Ken is grinning straight at me in the crowd at the Iona Big Sing.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tubifex Maximus
Shipmate
# 4874

- Posted      Profile for Tubifex Maximus   Email Tubifex Maximus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many thanks to all shipmates who helped to make this Greenbelt my best yet. Alan and Flausa really are as nice in real life as they seem on the ship. It's always nice to see words become flesh, and especially to meet Dave the Bass; it turns out we were at Uni together.

--------------------
Sit down, Oh sit down, sit down next to me.

Posts: 400 | From: Manchester | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sophs:

Awwww! Thanks for the warm and fuzzies.

Next year in Cheltenham!

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, we are unexpectedly home safe and sound. We had smooth driving and the boy travelled really well, so we just decided to get ourselves back to our own beds and shower (whoo hoo).

Rather enjoyed this GB in a way I hadn't expected, as I'd anticipated having the wee wan would be more of a challenge. I'm actually feeling fairly well-rested and relaxed (which may or may not have something to do with our lovely new airbed).

peterson, the homo nomo was definitely the highlight of my weekend, with the comedian from Malawi coming in a close second. Your respective uses of humour to deal with significant struggles was powerful and moving, and I appreciated your respect for your audience in allowing us to fill-in-the-gaps at key moments (Chad's story of his brother is still gripping me - gah). I'll keep myself from rambling on by just saying thanks.

Lowlight is a toss-up between the minging loos and Christafari doing a 15-minute altar call in a 30 minute song set. Both left me feeling rather nauseous.

Good to catch up with old Shippies and to get to know a couple new (to me) ones as well.

Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubifex Maximus:
Alan and Flausa really are as nice in real life as they seem on the ship.

Thank you for that. We quite enjoyed your company as well. In fact, I admit I had some tears in my eyes as I dashed to deliver your mug to you in the car this morning. Looking forward to hearing more from you on the Ship!
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Persephone Hazard

Ship's Wench
# 4648

- Posted      Profile for Persephone Hazard   Author's homepage   Email Persephone Hazard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We got home at about four. I've had a lovely bath and Ken's in there now - I've unpacked and started sorting the washing, too! See my halo, see it shine.

For all there have been fun times this weekend, I must say I'm really rather glad to be home. Next Year In Pittville.

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it's a lot easier to make up a thousand words than one decent picture. - ken.

Posts: 1645 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry to all of you that I never managed to meet up with - come to think of it I didn't see most of the folks I was camping with that much! Such is life with 2 under 4's I think! But it was nice to meet Pānts (hey I got the accent!) and Karl... Maybe I'll meet more of you next time. We plan at the moment to be there 2008, but my family are in Japan and we also want to go there in the summer for various reasons so may not make it so haven't bought tickets yet. Children didn't appreciate Duke Special or Delirious (we took them in the end [Big Grin] ) and I'm not sure the child minder appreciated the children today ( [Razz] ) but all in all a good Greenbelt. Loved Messy Space, wanted to get to beer and hymns and didn't, ditto circus, and could have done hearing more music but a good time none the less.

Karl - have you got an email address for the lovely lady who did my henna for me? Would like to mail her! Thanks. PM me for mine to pass it to her if she would prefer it that way round.

--------------------
life is purple

Posts: 376 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Hello people... here are my pictures [Smile]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
manda, thanks! I had no idea how the show would turn out at Centaur seeing it is an insanely huge and impersonal venue and the performance was only announced on Sunday and by word of mouth. But, hey, it all worked out. (Oh, and Auntie Doris and I knocked a few more back last night--she drinks like fish! [Big Grin] )

I LOVED the show by DFG last night. One of my highlights.

I missed dfg but your show was my highlight, Peterson. Along with the gorgeous necklace I bought and the reflexology, of course...

Persephone, 'next year in Pittville' really ought to replace 'next year in Jerusalem' as the closing line of a Greenbelt Passover seder. Was good to see the new blond you. Along with, at various times, mummyfrances and liopleurodon, geroff and Apothecary, and probably other shipmates I've forgotten about. Sorry not to see Simon or Emma.

[ 28. August 2007, 19:39: Message edited by: Esmeralda ]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sophs:
Shipmeet is happening!!!

Currently present are sophs, aj, emma, auntie doris, gerroff, apothecury, starbelly and a number of others.

Where did it happen in the end? Because when I arrived (admittedly about 2 hours late) the bar wasn't letting people take drinks out on the steps, and I couldn't recognize any shipmates or identify a group which might have been shipmates.

Sophs, I saw you briefly flitting past a seminar I was in but didn't manage to catch you. My son was keen to phone you as he found he had your number in his phone, but we discouraged him from bothering you.

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016