homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Derf:
They're touring England (but not Scotland [Frown] ) in the autumn - can't remember how far south they're heading.

[brief derailment] Scottish tour dates just announced - they go on sale on Monday. [/brief derailment]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsh dragon:
[QB]
  • the handle off a camping saucepan

Would that be a little aluminium thingy that looks a little like a garlic crusher about 10 cms long made of two levered arms which lever together to make a little jaw at one end which could be used to lift a small pan by the rim?

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Author's homepage   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... Finally met the Alien, ...

Who wanted cuddles and to show the world what was down your top! [Snigger]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15182 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
quote:

Would that be a little aluminium thingy that looks a little like a garlic crusher about 10 cms long made of two levered arms which lever together to make a little jaw at one end which could be used to lift a small pan by the rim?
Yes. Might you or any member of your family be visiting the Wessex area in the near future? Or should we send it to you?
Posts: 5349 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Couldn't get over how much bigger it all was than last time I was there (2001) and will have to not leave it so long before I get there again. And might even manage to get scz there next time....

Indeed. I went in 01 and 02 and the layout was pretty much the same. I was rather disoriented when I arrived this time. the spill over into the central racecourse took me by surprise. I'd been fairly confident about finding the disabled with groups camping until that point!

Carys

--------------------
O Lord, you have searched me and know me
You know when I sit and when I rise

Posts: 6896 | From: Bryste mwy na thebyg | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
quote:
... Finally met the Alien, ...

Who wanted cuddles and to show the world what was down your top! [Snigger]
Indeed - very kind of her..... (We did then have a conversation about her taking after her Mum - not sure what that says!)

quote:
Originally posted by Ags:
quote:

They're touring England (but not Scotland) in the autumn - can't remember how far south they're heading.

[brief derailment] Scottish tour dates just announced - they go on sale on Monday. [/brief derailment]
Hooray - might even get to go to the Barrowlands.
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
[QB]

Ah - the technical term for such a thingy is a spondonicle.

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You mean all these years I've been getting it wrong when I ask someone "can you pass over the thingy ... the wotsit over there?" If I'd asked for a spondicle that would have made getting the hot pan off the heat a whole lot faster?

--------------------
Don't Brexit if you haven't a scooby how to fix it.

Posts: 31968 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, because if you google spondonicle you get a variation of spellings and the information that it seems that only the Kiwis and Aussies call their billy can grips spondonicles (under various spellings) and it is a word that was adopted from a Three Stooges sketch.

(I like new words).

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13481 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
No, because if you google spondonicle you get a variation of spellings and the information that it seems that only the Kiwis and Aussies call their billy can grips spondonicles (under various spellings) and it is a word that was adopted from a Three Stooges sketch.

(I like new words).

Good to see someone's awake [Yipee]

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Being disorganised as usual, I'm probably the last the of Greenbelt visitors to report in... I missed the Shipmeet this year, tried to find shipmates in Beer'n'Hymns but was lucky to get to the bar (but met Sophs in a queue), briefly met Karl amongst his beads and things, and saw (but didn't speak to) Alan and Flausa. We all had a very good Greenbelt, although as usual I'm looking at all the things I missed and wondering, "Why didn't I go to that?" A fairly relaxed weekend, I think, without too much rushing about (except, as always, for the kids' clubs), but this was again the year of the queues (never got into the Tiny Tea Tent, which is a first!)

Roll on next year [Yipee]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
your not the last of the GB visitors to check in Rev, hope that makes you feel more organised. [Smile]

I wasnt going to post on this for a bit yet actually, but thought I would pop by in end ...

I wrote my initial greenbelt reaction on my blog, and to be honest I had a beautifully stunning weekend, even though I didnt attend much.

I found heaven in the ordinary by sitting having tea, eating food, drinking wine, seeing friends, chatting to people and generally slobbing around.

Highs-

-grace communion by numbers (probably one of the only programmed things I made an effort to go too, and was really pleased I did). Just felt like one of "those moments" and is quite hard to explain.

-catching up with friends, and impromptu coffee sessions

-not cramming anything and everything in, and then feeling really relaxed all weekend.

-the sun

-didnt find a disgusting toilet right up until tuesday morning

- feeling really well most of the weekend until Monday evening (see lowlight)

Lows

-missing peterson toscano (sorry mate, tis a long story, but was lovely to meet you in the beer tent the night before with AD)

-missing Duke Special and Speed Christianity,
in fact missing most of the last night due to seizures and being in the medical tent for most of it

(thanks to the random blokes who found me, the stewards and first aid team who were great apparently, and the wonderful Greenbelt Hospital, who were lovely)

- feeling and looking like hell tuesday morning, and q'ing out side porta loos for what felt like an age
(trying to decide how flattered I should feel that someone did try to pull me while waiting, with my bog roll in one hand and ciggie in the other - I am amazed I got a number and email though)

I did have some other bits to write, but have forgotten, so thats it for now ...

(edited to sort out my poor coding)

[ 31. August 2007, 13:38: Message edited by: Lookin ]

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

Spong

Ship's coffee grinder
# 1518

- Posted      Profile for Spong     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Highlights - dfg, yes, though were they almost sort of serious in the build up of'one day we're all going to die'? I thought that bit was either not funny enough or self-indulgent, though the end was just wonderful... Beer and hymns, Steve Stockman, and then a couple of panels. The spirituality in ordinary life one was interesting, and oddly enough the 'Am I bovvered' one with the liturgical commission was very interesting if you're into that sort of thing. Ikon - amazing, still have my piece of wool. And the fact that people seemed to stick to the theme more, which meant that I got cross-fertilisation of ideas from one seminar to another.

Lowlights, not getting into Peterson's show, and not being told by the steards when they must have realised ages before. Not getting into Dave Tomlinson. My daughter also didn't get into James Allison. They seemed to have a lot of speakers who they should have known would be big draws in the inside lounges rather than the tents - OK they couldn't know the weather would be so good, but unless it's actually raining you can put the sides down on those and space isn't a problem. And Centaur seemed to be unused for a lot of the time.

Communion - so-so. Liked the balloons, and I'm one of the people who thinks that the songs SHOULD be ones that we know; John Bell trying to teach four part harmony in five minutes and confusing everyone is my abiding lowlight of the 2002 Greenbelt. But my daughter was making notes, and when I last spoke to her was getting serious about finding out how you make a pitch to organsie the communion service...

--------------------
Spong

The needs of our neighbours are the needs of the whole human family. Let's respond just as we do when our immediate family is in need or trouble. Rowan Williams

Posts: 2173 | From: South-East UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't mention another of my favourite moments: getting asked for ID in the Winged Ox on Friday night, despite the 18+ wristband. At the age of 26, I'm still quite happy when that happens. [Big Grin]

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:

(I like new words).

Not just the antipodeans. The Boy Scouts of America actually call it that by name in their catalogue!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spong:
and oddly enough the 'Am I bovvered' one with the liturgical commission was very interesting if you're into that sort of thing.

It was. Were you the reader who asked about Children's Eucharistic prayers?

Carys

--------------------

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Entirely tangentially, does anyone else have a sort of ghost wristband sensation? I carefully cut mine off on Tuesday, but every now and then it feels like I'm still wearing it.

Maybe I'll wear it a notch looser next year...

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still wearing it. I usually forget to cut it off for a few weeks afterwards. And someone I was chatting to at GB still had her wristband on from her uni ball several months ago, and didn't want to take either of them off now because of the tan lines they'd leave behind.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Persephone Hazard:
I absolutely love the big Sunday morning communion at Greenbelt, it's brilliant.

It means I can have a lie-in, wander down in the sunshine, buy breakfast with no queue, get into a clean indoor toilet with no queue, sit quietly outside the Chai Chapel with nobody running about, and get into the Tank for my morning internet fix with no queue.

I have always loved the Sunday morning service for broadly similar reasons. [Smile]

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3325 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta
Shipmate
# 2659

- Posted      Profile for Atlanta   Email Atlanta   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Highlight was definately Duke special, loved his stage presence and his voice.

Lowlight was not getting into see the puppets, and not being told until we had queued for some considerable time.
Also when in Homo Nomo i was next to 2 older ladies who were obviously not enjoying it, They made no move to go out but made my listening very uncomfortable instead.

The weekend was everything we have come to expect,although camping seems to be getting more difficult( we will be 50 next year) so maybe something a little more comfy next year,

It was great to catch up with the shipmates we managed to find.
and for those we didnt , we missed you!!!!!!

--------------------
If you cant beat them, Join them!! But i refuse to start farming!!!!

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Persephone Hazard:
I absolutely love the big Sunday morning communion at Greenbelt, it's brilliant.

It means I can have a lie-in, wander down in the sunshine, buy breakfast with no queue, get into a clean indoor toilet with no queue, sit quietly outside the Chai Chapel with nobody running about, and get into the Tank for my morning internet fix with no queue.

I have always loved the Sunday morning service for broadly similar reasons. [Smile]
We do the same, after years of getting frustrated by the Communion service. Why is it so anglican? Why does it have to be a communion service?

A Highlight (I keep remembering things) was the 5 year old and 2 year old 'snake handling' at the stall opposite the drumming tent. They were thrilled!
We spent lots of our 'down time' at the Drumming tent this year. I think we were confused by the Tiny Tea Tent being in a different place.
And what about John O'Donohue? Am I the only one who wanted to take him home with me?

[ 01. September 2007, 21:02: Message edited by: Tumphouse ]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spong

Ship's coffee grinder
# 1518

- Posted      Profile for Spong     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carys:
quote:
and oddly enough the 'Am I bovvered' one with the liturgical commission was very interesting if you're into that sort of thing.

Carys

Yes, that was me. I realised that I sounded like I was trying to sabotage what my incumbent does, but actually it's that she is happy to consider change, but only if it is legal to do so. Where were you?

--------------------
Spong

The needs of our neighbours are the needs of the whole human family. Let's respond just as we do when our immediate family is in need or trouble. Rowan Williams

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atlanta:
( we will be 50 next year)

I take it that means you will each be celebrating your 25th [Devil]

Sorry to have missed you both, I did look out for you but obviously in the wrong direction.

Lookin, your last night sounds like a nightmare - hope you're fully recovered now [Frown]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5750 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did anyone hear any talks at GB that are worth ordering?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6015 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
John O'Donahues are worth ordering. I plan to. His accent is so wonderful that I would rather listen then read, even though I bought a book. In fact, we plan to start up our Greenbelt discussion group, that has fallen by the wayside, to listen and discuss his talks

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

quote:
quote:
quote:

Carys

Yes, that was me. I realised that I sounded like I was trying to sabotage what my incumbent does, but actually it's that she is happy to consider change, but only if it is legal to do so. Where were you?
I was the traditionalist in the MethSoc T-shirt who felt that children's Eucharistic prayers were in danger of shortchanging children.

Carys

--------------------

Spong

Ship's coffee grinder
# 1518

quote:
I was the traditionalist in the MethSoc T-shirt who felt that children's Eucharistic prayers were in danger of shortchanging children.

Carys

Ah yes, that was an interesting topic. But then there were several interesting topics. I thought it was good that they came.

[ 02. September 2007, 23:03: Message edited by: Spong ]

--------------------
Spong

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:

Lucy Winkett's talk would be worth listening to if you didn't already realise that feminism has something to say to the churches that the churches ought to listen to. Which I rather suspect you do...

--------------------
Ken

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Lucy Winkett's talk would be worth listening to if you didn't already realise that feminism has something to say to the churches that the churches ought to listen to. Which I rather suspect you do...
On the same basis, John Bell's first talk on 'God and her Girls' was an interesting take on female reflections of God in the Bible, done in John's usual style. The Mark Yaconelli ones were also good - clearly takes after his father!

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev per Minute:
The Mark Yaconelli ones were also good - clearly takes after his father!

I didn't get to any of those, I wondered how good they'd be. It must be very hard for him to come to somewhere like GB where his father was such a frequent, and much admired, speaker. It's quite a set of shoes to fill and he's always going to be compared to his father. Good to hear at least one person thought he did a good job doing that.

Did anyone get to the Keith Ward talk? Is it worth my while downloading the MP3 (no need to fill the flat up with more CDs)?

--------------------
Don't Brexit if you haven't a scooby how to fix it.

Posts: 31968 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nats:
Karl - it was the lady Rev'd from Wokingham... does that help? Just off maternity leave....

Drat. I missed Emma then, haven't seen her since her wedding. I knew she was friends with a couple who did jewelry and stuff and had a stand a Greenbelt but I never found it. Where was it?

Carys

Huge great thing next to CMS
Finally got round to looking at the map to find where CMS was. I never went round there. I always went left when I came back from the Franciscans after I'd gone past the main stage. Though I took it pretty easy this year I didn't do the wander round the shops things at any point.

Carys

--------------------

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:

Did anyone get to the Keith Ward talk? Is it worth my while downloading the MP3 (no need to fill the flat up with more CDs)?

I'd like to know that as well; I've quite admired Keith Ward's combative style, but he gave a truly terrible talk at the St. Mary's, Warwick, Lent talks this year, which rather put me off going to listen at GB. (It was as if he'd digested a load of popular physics books and found that the wilder shores of modern physics somehow Prove Christianity...not good)

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

quote:
Originally posted by Quercus:
It was as if he'd digested a load of popular physics books and found that the wilder shores of modern physics somehow Prove Christianity...

Every time humanities interprets quantum physics, a fairy loses its wings

--------------------
Ken

Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

- Posted      Profile for Manda   Email Manda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't get to the other two, but the Mark Yaconelli one on Love was wonderful (I think it was called How to make sure you have a Well Attended Funeral), would definitely recommend that one.

I was thinking of getting the one on Satire from the Friday and the James Alison and Dave Tomlinson ones cos I missed all of the. Did anyone actually get into them & were they any good?

--------------------
'Hypnotically fabulous AND twinkly' - The Lad Himself

Posts: 1137 | From: Back in little old Wiltshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I am going to get the Mark Yaconelli ones, Dave Tomlinson and the John Bell one on women. Will give me something to listen to in the car when I am driving around for work!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6015 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I want the Dave Tom and the O'Donahue (cant spell) ones....

and probably a lot more! Are they there already...

Anyone know when the accomodation gets released/online/whatever..?

*queuing for pitville!*

Posts: 12711 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

quote:
quote:

I didn't get to any of those, I wondered how good they'd be. It must be very hard for him to come to somewhere like GB where his father was such a frequent, and much admired, speaker. It's quite a set of shoes to fill and he's always going to be compared to his father. Good to hear at least one person thought he did a good job doing that.

I thought Mark Yaconelli was wonderful. He lived up to his fathers name and reputation.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atlanta:
we will be 50 next year) so maybe something a little more comfy next year.

It was great to catch up with the shipmates we managed to find and for those we didnt , we missed you!!!!!!

Missed you two too. I'm celebrating the big five-two today and am looking forward to camping next year (hope the weather will be nice).
Posts: 2149 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Happy Birthday old thing [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I didn't get to any of those, I wondered how good they'd be.
"Message to a Dying Church" was fantastic. I recommend the download to all.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 29844 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Auntie Doris x

Of those I heard Annie, two stand out although the one-liners during Billy Bragg's plea for a British Constitution may be worth 50p.

DOUG GAY on the Emerging Church:

Although presented like a thesis with a five point form including analysis and breakdown followed by choice of pieces and creation of a new form, he recognised that any new emergence would be different and that creates divisions.

One for the theology students.

JOHN DAVIES - Heaven in Ordinary:

Easy listening and clear diction that was like chinese food. Easy to eat but lacking in lasting value. The one point he made that I liked was that HEAVEN includes both good and bad. Fragrance and Stench, Ice Cream and Marmite, Brad Pitt and Auntie Doris ... you get the idea!

Love,

N.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3325 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016