homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having just received the discount offers I may have to break the habit of a lifetime, book ahead of time and risk getting covered in thick mud (small risk).

Booking before March 31st is a £75 charge.
Waiting until the day carries a £90 charge.

If I get two tickets now I can invest the £30 in one of the British Banks and owe them about £500 charges by August.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just beaten the deadline - 2 tickets booked. [Big Grin]

Daughter No. 2 has bought tickets for Reading, which is the same weekend, so now I have to sort out a cat-feeder. Any offers??

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mother-in-law to be is now coming to greenbelt after flying over from Australia-land.....

... Im very aware its rather late to be booking accomodation now - anyone got any ideas/ know anywhere/ has good recommendations etc etc.

We initially wanted a self catering unit that all 4 of us could stay in , but I havent managed to find one available that isnt 100s of pounds! I think it may end up being a travellodge...

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
AC booked our tickets this weekend, so now we just have to get ourselves a new tent. Was talking with a friend and laughing about how we are now turning into "those people" who have mammoth family-size tents rather than tents you'd take up a hill in your pack. Also pondering what you do with a one and a bit year old for sleeping - bring the travel cot or trust him not to escape a sleeping bag? Wonder how much of GB I'll actually see this year.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
Was talking with a friend and laughing about how we are now turning into "those people" who have mammoth family-size tents rather than tents you'd take up a hill in your pack.

Reminds me of birdie's tent. I could have fitted my tent, and my car into their tent I think!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay yay yay!!! I managed to find a not-to-expensive apartment with 2 beds for AJs family (and sofas for us should we feel the need for a "proper" nights sleep and a shower at some point over the weekend)

Im so looking forward to GB already - it will be a wonderful mix of worlds of shippies, my church, hen party and Ajs family [Smile]

(We saw the vicar this morning to talk about weddings and its looking like he's very pro a Greenbelt-esque wedding [Yipee] )

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haven't booked tickets yet - but we'll be at Greenbelt as ever! Don't you just love it! [Big Grin]
(I will have a bunch of teenagers in tow again!)

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bittersweet
Shipmate
# 10483

- Posted      Profile for Bittersweet   Author's homepage   Email Bittersweet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be there, working in the "G-spot" (or whatever it is they've renamed the Pulse now!) And we'll be taking our HUGE tent again (although I may allow other members of community to share with hubbie and I, since it's an 8 man tent and all), and cooking equipment, and futons...and I'll be booking my showers as soon as I arrive (being HORRIFIED at the system, but unable to survive without being clean...)
Posts: 237 | From: Here and Now | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
GeordieDownSouth
Shipmate
# 4100

- Posted      Profile for GeordieDownSouth   Email GeordieDownSouth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just found out some of the youth in my youth group have persuaded their parents to pay for a teepee for the weekend.

I'm just hoping to find some flat ground for my tent for a change.

Anyone heard if T-Bone Burnet is going to make this year?

--------------------
----------------------

No longer down south.

Posts: 689 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Wonder how much of GB I'll actually see this year.

I intend to try and see as much as I can. But, making sure the boy enjoys himself, gets enough food and sleep etc will certainly limit what we can get too. But, we've only a few years before we need to make the decision about whether to go to GB or take the boy out of school for a few days.

I can't see any discussion here about whether people are planning to get a few tents in the same place. We've not really decided whether we'd need to be looking for a more quiet place than general camping, I don't think the extra noise in the evening will prevent the wee wan from going to sleep, but it may be easier to not take the chance.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's possible I'll be there for the first time this year. Though only for one day, possibly the Sunday; we'll see, as it'll be very much a last minute decision.

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GeordieDownSouth:
Anyone heard if T-Bone Burnet is going to make this year?

Not sure. A quick browse of the web doesn't turn up much apart from mentioning his withdrawal in 2006.

But as a fan, I'll be keeping my ears open.

Frank who was swank robbed a bank with a tank for a prank

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Also pondering what you do with a one and a bit year old for sleeping - bring the travel cot or trust him not to escape a sleeping bag? Wonder how much of GB I'll actually see this year.

Well, we are going, when we get the tickets booked. Matthew (who will be 18months) will probably be in a travel cot of some sorts. We got a lovely light weight foldable one for last year, which worked a treat, but I don't think he'll fit that anymore. It might be worth looking for a light weight one off a camping web site. I'll let you know if we find anything.

As for our tent - I know how you feel - ours is huge, but it does mean that we'll be able to host breakfast and other meals. I blame the wee one!

Looking forward to being able to do the whole weekend this year. We promise we won't move anyone's tent...

--------------------
Older now, but not necessarily wiser.

Posts: 3248 | From: stockton-on-tees | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie P:
Looking forward to being able to do the whole weekend this year. We promise we won't move anyone's tent...

[Razz]

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
I can't see any discussion here about whether people are planning to get a few tents in the same place. We've not really decided whether we'd need to be looking for a more quiet place than general camping, I don't think the extra noise in the evening will prevent the wee wan from going to sleep, but it may be easier to not take the chance.

Lots of people seem to be coming with other groups.

I'd like to camp with someone (!), so would be happy to try and find a spot like we did last year.

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pānts:
I'd like to camp with someone (!), so would be happy to try and find a spot like we did last year.

Me too... so well volunteered. Same place as last year please, but further down into that little field so we can have the whole thing to ourselves this time! [Razz]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
Same place as last year please, but further down into that little field so we can have the whole thing to ourselves this time!

Sounds like a good plan, particularly if moving up the field means that we don't have the screaming banshee next to us this year.

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All very well if someone gets there early enough! As it was we made them move down a bit. I don't think they expected as many of us as were there anyway. [Snigger]

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks like we'll actually be going this year, despite having threatened to for the last several years. (This will be my first Greenbelt since 1990!) We're taking our youth group, so we won't be able to stay with you guys, but no doubt we'll meet up. [Yipee]

[ 29. March 2007, 18:29: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

If your nice to me you can come for tea and cake at our tents [Smile]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

We havent decided 100% about camping, as we now have a little holiday home booked.... (well AJs mother has) - we could just visit there for loos and a shower and **still** camp!!

We will have An AJ Sister with us who I think will fit in with the ship crowd very very well. Will everyone be nice to her? Especially if we go off and Do Boring Things (like a seminar)? She's at uni in Oz at the moment and very much looking forward to coming [Smile]

Shrinking Violet
Shipmate
# 4587

- Posted      Profile for Shrinking Violet   Author's homepage   Email Shrinking Violet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi,

Looks like this little Australian duck will be going to Greenbelt. I have offered to volunteer so looks like I will be around for all of it.

Since this is my first time, what cheap accommodation can people suggest? I am travelling really light so not in possession of a tent or sleeping bag......

--------------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Posts: 430 | From: Ghana | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shrinking Violet:

Since this is my first time, what cheap accommodation can people suggest? I am travelling really light so not in possession of a tent or sleeping bag......

Factoring in a cheap tent and not-too-expensive sleeping bag (maybe someone can lend?), I imagine camping is by far the cheapest option, unless there're rooms left at the YMCA or places like that (which get snapped up very quickly, I suspect), or you know someone living near the site with a spare room.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Shrinking Violet:

You can pick up tents really cheap... something like this. Also lots of supermarkets do festival 'packages' which have a tent, sleeping bag and foam mattress which tend to be quite cheap.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
after spending 4 weeks last summer in a tent, i am considering not doing so this year, but my options are slowly fading so it may well be that I shall be slumming it again, however, you can make camping luxurious with an air bed [Big Grin]

edited to add, i hope it dosnt piss down all weekend like it is today, otherwise it will be miserable

[ 30. March 2007, 11:12: Message edited by: Lookin ]

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Lookin:
however, you can make camping luxurious with an air bed [Big Grin]

Those who visited our site will know I do not do slumming it. I have just about everything you could possibly need to make our camping trip as comfortable as possible.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sounds good then ad, anything I need I will pop over to you lot [Smile]

I cant do camping without my airbed!!!

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've booked!

It was cool -- the website even remembered who I was so I didn't feel bad in responding "regular attender" to the question as to where I'd heard about GB. I suppose after 3 years, I am a regular.

Just wish I could get more of my compadres on this side of the pond to join me. They don't know what they're missing!

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Lookin:
sounds good then ad, anything I need I will pop over to you lot [Smile]

Everyone else did. Think I will try and get the gazebo again this year.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

yay cqg. I will look forwards to seeing you, and maybe having a beer ( or wine in my case, or vodka, or numerous other alcoholic things) at some point throughout the weekend then! [Smile]

I am hoping other people have got my ticket, as I never do the booking and only remember to think about it last minute. Must look at the line up again and see if anything has been added.

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Anyone know if QM and Atlanta are coming this year? I think they ended up with my flags!

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Anyone know if QM and Atlanta are coming this year? I think they ended up with my flags!

I think I have your SoF's one still in my car!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will give advanced warning of the fact that if Third Party is camping with us again this year she may be an ickle hyper on the Friday as she is celebrating her birthday at Greenbelt this year.

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Aahhhh... it was you!!!!!!!!!!! (You obviously clear your car out as often as me. [Biased] )

--------------------

aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
Those who visited our site will know I do not do slumming it. I have just about everything you could possibly need to make our camping trip as comfortable as possible.

Oh good. I was hoping someone would have a good toilet and shower facility at the campsite.

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I made up a wee SoF flag (A4 cos I couldn't get any bigger iron-on transfer thingies and couldn't be bothered trying to get several to fit together) a few years back. That was the year I had a 9am meeting on the Tuesday in Munich, so had to leave midday on the Monday and the flag went AWOL in the packing.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Ditto for last year Alan.

[Except I only left quickly to go to London.]

[ 30. March 2007, 18:28: Message edited by: Pānts ]

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Aahhhh... it was you!!!!!!!!!!! (You obviously clear your car out as often as me. [Biased] )

heheh... well actually I have got a new car since then. The flag has been moved from one car to the next!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Legodude_uk

Protector of Zebras
# 5671

- Posted      Profile for Legodude_uk   Email Legodude_uk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok so someone has managed to convince Mrs LDUK that Greenbelt would be a good idea.

Who was it? Come on own up!!!

We'll have a look and keep you posted.

--------------------
If a man is standing in a forest speaking but there are no women around to hear him...is he still wrong?

Posts: 2619 | From: The Home of the Saints | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodie! You know you want to go camping with a bunch of strangers... You won't regret it...!

We are now booked and ready to go. I guess this year we're going to need a bigger area for all these super sized tents. [Help]

--------------------

Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

quote:

I can confirm that they are - well that's what they told me. We could have a few flags made up. (Thinking about borrowing some tranfer crayons/ fabric paint from work). Mmmm....

--------------------

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie P:
I guess this year we're going to need a bigger area for all these super sized tents.

I think I'll stick to my little one. At least it can fit in my backpack!

And is surprisingly comfortable. A few days sleeping on the ground always makes me feel better - though not better enough to tempt me to give up using a bed at home.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, we have purchased and tested out our new super-sized tent (Alan certainly won't be shlepping it up any hills any time soon as it weighs 20kg [Eek!] ). The thing is big enough that we'll keep the boy in our "room" with us in a mummy bag and MA will be able to have the other sleeping quarter to himself (unless some lovely young lass wants to join him [Biased] ). It also has a middle lounge area that's tall enough for Alan and MA to stand in, which is nice (so we'll have a nice place to hang out in if it rains). Now we just have to decide if we want to "camp" in the family section and risk being woken up by someone else's crying baby or hang out with the Shippies and be woken up by some overly-tipsy Shipmate who's lost the way to their own tent.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My experience of camping in the family section with baby b is that when someone else's baby cries in the night, you wake up very briefly - just long enough to think 'ah, that's not mine, marvellous' and then go back to sleep, happily.

The advantages of the family field (IME) are:
a) if your baby cries in the night (which even if he's usually great at home might well be a possibility, what with all the excitement etc) you don't feel bad about the noise.
b) also, after a certain time there won't be much going on, so if baby does wake, he's less likely to think 'ooh, everyone else is having a party, I think I'll stay up now'
c) things tend to quieten down earlier in the evening, but also get going earlier in the morning, so if your boy is an early bird there's no worry about being noisy in the mornings.

I'd go for the family area every time, but to be honest I probably would even if I didn't have baby b! I need my sleep or I won't have fun.

b

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

The wee wan isn't an early bird (thank God! It's hard enough to get going when rudely awakened by the alarm at 7.30 without having to worry about a little boy wide awake and wanting attention at that unearthly hour). As for late night noise, he doesn't tend to wake easily once asleep, and it's mostly visual distraction (and things to play with) that stop him going down in the first place.

Besides, people at GB don't stay up all night having raucous drunken parties, do they? There are far better things to do having forked out all that dosh to go. Not to mention it's hard enough to be up and awake for the 9am worship sessions without staying up past midnight. Or, have I spent half my life going to GB and totally missed the point of the festival?

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
or hang out with the Shippies and be woken up by some overly-tipsy Shipmate who's lost the way to their own tent.

A terrible slur on shipmates [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never happens in my experience.

Snoring from the next tent, though -- that ought to be kept in mind (from a Chief Offender).

Now, meeting tipsy shipmates returning from allnight carousing on the path early in the morning on the way to the loos in the grandstands -- that's been known to happen. But that's not a bother in the campsite.

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
Besides, people at GB don't stay up all night having raucous drunken parties, do they? There are far better things to do having forked out all that dosh to go. Not to mention it's hard enough to be up and awake for the 9am worship sessions without staying up past midnight. Or, have I spent half my life going to GB and totally missed the point of the festival?

I do think it's changed a bit (or maybe I have!); I went to GB about 5 or 6 times in the late 80's/early 90's, and my experience then was certainly that being in the main camping fields meant I got no sleep, and really didn't enjoy it all that much when my energy really ran out after the first couple of days.

Went back for the first time in 2003, and have been in the family area every year, which I've found much more civilised! [Biased]

I think it's probably just me.

b

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by cqg:
Snoring from the next tent, though -- that ought to be kept in mind (from a Chief Offender).

Indeed. I had deepest sympathy with Atlanta who had to share a tent with Quizmaster and was in the next door tent to you!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

quote:
Originally posted by cqg:

Sounds like a clever trick - snoring and then making it sound like it's coming from the next tent. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016