homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Duck
Shipmate
# 10181

- Posted      Profile for Duck   Email Duck   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Daleks outrank Beer* so I am still way cooler on the [Overused] Famous Greenbelt Author [Overused] front [Razz]

Anyway, I spent a happy night last Greenbelt sat in Beer & Hymns laughing at a friend who wanted to talk to a [Overused] Famous Greenbelt Person [Overused] but was too overawed 'till a few pints in, so this year it will be much more convienient to already know a [Overused] Famous Greenbelt Author [Overused] beforehand in order to bask in reflected cool. [Cool]

*Note: I don't drink Beer, so most things outrank it. However, Daleks outrank everything ever, so nyahhh.

--------------------
'Truth is my authority, not authority my truth' - Mary Dyer, Quaker martyr.

Posts: 1014 | From: Lots of planets have a north | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Duck
Shipmate
# 10181

- Posted      Profile for Duck   Email Duck   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[eeek - all those [Overused] are making me a bit seasick - sorry!]

--------------------
'Truth is my authority, not authority my truth' - Mary Dyer, Quaker martyr.

Posts: 1014 | From: Lots of planets have a north | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
gosh me too -it shouldn't be allowed!
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, it shouldn't.

Campbellite
AS Host

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
quote:
Originally posted by GeordieDownSouth:
I shall then retire to the beer tent which will have sold out of beer,

They still had cider left, and were trying to empty the barrels at a pound a pint. Which is the only excuse I have for my behaviour. At least four other Shipmates were there at the time. I draw the veil of cronegiality over their behaviour.

I have no idea what cronegiality means but I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on that bench outside the tent, seeing dawn rise over Greenbelt through a cider induced haze......

(Not to mention the joys of getting chatted up by a 25 year old!)

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yangtze:

Was he pissed as well? *cackle* [Snigger]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:

As an eyewitness to the events described - I couldn't possibly comment.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I already own a signed copy of a Sophs book - it's an alt-worship book with some of her contributions in. I got her to sign it at Greenbelt last year. Knew she'd be a famous writer one day [Big Grin]

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have put up my new tent today... it is enormous!!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Doc you've got to help me...sometimes I think I'm wig-wam, and sometimes I think I'm a tee-pee."

"Calm down, you're two tense".

Sorry. It's late and I'm in Bangkok airport waiting for my connection to London and the new airport building here is rather tent-like, so I'm imagining sitting in a big tent, with a glass of red in one hand, a bottle of Bailey's within reach, and various people trying to out-do each other with Greenbelt beer-tent stories. [Smile]

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by aj:
various people trying to out-do each other with Greenbelt beer-tent stories. [Smile]

There's no point. Ken always wins.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:

As an eyewitness to the events described - I couldn't possibly comment.
Hey! What are you saying about me....? Sheesh I TTWACW - aren't we all supposed to build each other up? Leave me my little ego boost.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

[Two face]

Auntie Doris x

[ 16. July 2007, 10:22: Message edited by: Auntie Doris ]

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's looking increasingly likely that the fine folks from the Home department aren't going to let me in because the not-so-fine folks from the USAnian analogue have not got their stuff together and a passport renewal takes 12 weeks.

Crikey.

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by cqg:
It's looking increasingly likely that the fine folks from the Home department aren't going to let me in because the not-so-fine folks from the USAnian analogue have not got their stuff together and a passport renewal takes 12 weeks.

Crikey.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That sucks. I hope something miraculous works out for you, because I'd love to see you again (also would love for you to meet the wee wan and vice versa).
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Crikey.

gutted for you, and selfishly for me if we dont get to catch up!

will be praying for a miracle too!

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It's looking increasingly likely that the fine folks from the Home department aren't going to let me in because

Office. Its an office, not a Department.

Bummer.

Over here we have a (rather tedious) fast-stream procedure to get passports. I think it involves signed letter from the Pope and filling in dozens of forms you have to hand in rather than post.

One of our organists at church earns money by queuing to hand in passport forms. Really. He can get money for waiting in line to present documents on behalf of someone who reckons they get paid too much an hour t make it sensible fot them to so it i person.

Is there no such scheme in the USA?

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Crikey.

oh no!!!! You have to be here!!!! Youre coming to my wedding the week after [Biased]

Good luck!! If you dont make it over I think we will all have to use it as an escuse to visit you [Biased]

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Ken. I knew "department" didn't sound right. Too french.

They have schemes like that but all the channels are stuffed at the moment. I'm meeting with our company travel person tomorrow to determine if there are any plausible expediting options. I'm not hopeful.

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Waterworks]

QM will have to be chief snorer.

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

My ticket arrived this morning. Impressive. It isn't even August yet!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So what will you do with your little white box?
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
So what will you do with your little white box?

*snigger* dunno yet.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm thinking maybe just add it exactly as it came ... "full of potential", or something like that. Either that or I'm too lazy to do anything with it.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our tickets arrived today (wristbands - cool!)

And just one box between the 2 of us. Mr Ags says we must share. Not too sure 'bout that.

Younger daughter is off to get drunk n dirty at Reading that weekend. I think we have the better deal!

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is the point at which I start flapping - I asked the office to send my wristband (and what's this about a box?!) to TME's place, and they took the details and said that in effect it means that his address is now down as my address too, but he said that he's had no mailings at all for me from GB since I've been away, so I'm now getting worried that the system actually didn't update after all and that my wristband has been sent to my Glasgow address anyway (where I won't get it till October).

Wow that's a long sentence. Can you tell I'm flapping? I've just emailed the office anyway, so hopefully it will be sorted out soon and I'll find something else to flap about.

I hope your rain stops soon. My wellies are really embarrassing (Farmer Giles type) but as I've never worn them I really can't justify buying a nice funky new pair like Auntie Doris's. I really hope I don't have to wear them, I'll look like your poor embarrassing untrendy friend that nobody wants around but nobody quite dares to tell [Big Grin]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahhh, what to do with the white box. So much potential...

--------------------

Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the subject of wellies, a friend who got very soggy at Latitude last weekend is lending me her funky, bright red and flowery ones. [Big Grin]

As for the boxes, I believe we have to be creative with them. Or in them.

Not sure there's room... ours is very wee.

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

I need new wellies, but can't find any which fit. Which is rather pants cos it means I keep getting wet feet!

(Actually, despite wearing the wellies which don't fit, the flood water was over the top of them yesterday so I got wet feet anyway.)

--------------------

aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
This is the point at which I start flapping - I asked the office to send my wristband (and what's this about a box?!)

Flap!

Last year I ordered my ticket from Australia and asked them to send the ticket to my (then) Melbourne address, adding an extra pound or two to cover the international postage. I did this with a couple of months to spare, but when I was on the verge of leaving for the UK, it still hadn't arrived. Panicking that it would arrive in Australia after I'd left, I was able to contact the office (I think I rang in the end) and get them them to send the ticket to Emma, which they did.

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

.... and they forgot to put your "divine" chocolate in when they did!!!
wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I really hope I don't have to wear them, I'll look like your poor embarrassing untrendy friend that nobody wants around but nobody quite dares to tell [Big Grin]

Is that a challenge to us all? (Most embaressing wellies)Because I'd take a wild stab in the dark and say folks would definatly want you around at GB.

Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well Pants if you really can't find any to fit then you can always get them made to measure.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Hm... there is that... but for £225, I think I'd rather have ones that don't fit and buy lots of other nice things!!!

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wesleyswig:
quote:
I really hope I don't have to wear them, I'll look like your poor embarrassing untrendy friend that nobody wants around but nobody quite dares to tell [Big Grin]

Is that a challenge to us all? (Most embaressing wellies)Because I'd take a wild stab in the dark and say folks would definatly want you around at GB.

Personally, I'm going for a wish for a really decent spell of weather in August until the other side of Greenbelt. At the very least, no more unusual levels of rain and enough warmth and gentle breeze to dry the ground out.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
quote:
Originally posted by wesleyswig:
quote:

Personally, I'm going for a wish for a really decent spell of weather in August until the other side of Greenbelt. At the very least, no more unusual levels of rain and enough warmth and gentle breeze to dry the ground out.
The way things are going here, it's gonna need more than a gentle breeze!

--------------------

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pānts:
The way things are going here, it's gonna need more than a gentle breeze!

Too right!
And, aside from the impending water shortages and more rain, they say this weather is set to continue well into August.

Forget the tents, pack inflatable boats!

Re: wellies, Pants you would do well to buy the long ones that fishermen wear!

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*looks tentative*

Um. Well. I'm unexpectedly free that weekend, and having read this thread went to look at the GB website. It looks...well, quite entertaining really (and I normally metaphorically run screaming from the New Wine trip organisers at our local churches, having seen their 'sales pitch'). As I've never been to any festival ever, let alone a Christian one, and I'll be on my own, is this a good place to start? Good Lord, what an embarassing question.

*tries to remember where he last saw his tent*

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

I'd say it's a good place to start. There's a bit of something for everyone ... well, OK, there's usually not much to get the more conservative end of the evangelical spectrum excited about (though there were still enough around to organise a "cleansing of unclean spirits" or something after a wiccan was asked to participate in a discussion of neo-pagan beliefs one year, much to the embarrasement of other evangelicals like myself who just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours listening to a very polite and intelligent man explain his beliefs and field questions from the floor). Worship ranging from silence to Goth Communion. Talks on most subjects under the sun. Plenty of music, some of it even good. Other forms of art, usually not as good as the music.

I'd strongly recommend hooking up with people who've been before very early on to guide you through the programme. Because it's the sort of thing that without the help of someone who knows what's what you could easily end up missing everything you'd want to see. If you're brave enough, and if someone organises it, you might even want to pitch tent with other Shipmates, and we'll be delighted to help out getting your feet.

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Yeah, come camp with us. We're lovely really!

--------------------

Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This year I really want to meet up with some of you. I forgot last year - don't ask me how [Hot and Hormonal] Over excited I think! And we didn't think that we would be able to go this year what with daughters and heart ops and all that, but have just booked. So please, tell me again, how do I find you lot when we get there?? (We will be camping with the church lot...)

--------------------
life is purple

Posts: 376 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This will be my first summer without Greenbelt in a good few years - and it feels really strange not to be going (we're moving a few days before). Of course I might decide that I'm totally sick of unpacking boxes and just get in the car (which could probably do the journey on automatic pilot by now!)...

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I've booked. Anything for a weird life. [Biased]

I've also signed up on the Liftshare site, as I'll be driving down from Leamington and there'll be room in the car. *carries on looking for tent*

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

Incidentally, when does GB actually finish? Yes, I know it's the 27th, but is that "everyone off the site by 5pm on Monday" or "the last event is Monday evening but you can sleep off your organic-cider headaches and leave on Tuesday?"

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

The festival finishes late Monday night (as in, mainstage shuts down at 11pm with a few other venues carrying on a while after that). Some people will leave during the day on Monday, or pack up during the day and then drive off after the last thing they want to see in the evening if they're reasonably local. Most people will break camp on the Tuesday morning. I don't know exactly when you need to be off-site but my experience over the years is that traffic off-site is busiest between 10am and 12noon.

--------------------

daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quercus, I can recommend you get a programme so you know what's on and where it's happening. Otherwise you might only find out that what you *really really* wanted to see / participate in has already happened. It also includes a map of the site. You get it from the Greenbelt shop, which you can locate on that map... (or of course by asking one of the helpful stewards [Smile] )
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

Thanks AC & daisydaisy. I've updated my liftshare to reflect a Tuesday departure, and I'll definitely look out for a programme (especially as the website listings are ... tantalising but enigmatic, shall we say).

I am stupidly excited at the idea of camping for the first time in 9 years - maybe I'll be reminded just why it's been 9 years.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If the weather doesn't improve soon you'll definitely be reminded!

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again - though I won't be camping in the shippy area. But will definitely see you in the Winged Ox / Beer Tent / Tiny Tea Tent / shower queue / Nuts / etc.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
Really looking forward to seeing everyone again - though I won't be camping in the shippy area.

You will find us though? I'm not sure the wee wan will be old enough for the beer tent and Winged Ox (though as last time we were there we hung around outside that won't be a problem), and besides will need to sleep in the evenings so one of us will need to be at the camp then.

Has there been any suggestion as to where the Ship camp will be yet? There's a map. I assume General Camping (areas 7 or 9). It says area 9 isn't suitable for groups with children (though it doesn't say why, or indeed whether that includes very young children) but that looks more likely as somewhere we could get a decent sized area to get people together in. Area 7 is smaller, closer to the site and so going to be more popular.

Who's likely to be there first to bag a space?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016