homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Religious Remakes (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Religious Remakes
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
A Hard Taize Night

[Overused]

[ 23. June 2007, 09:48: Message edited by: Ancient Mariner ]

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
These are inspired guys! Only now read this thread. Was grinning wider and wider on the first page and lost it with:
"Honey, I Blew Up the Kidron Valley" though in an unsure whether to [Killing me] or [Waterworks] way.

Well done all, really high qual!

Dances with Flags and She Stoops to Consecrate:
[Killing me]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord of the Silver Rings

and its sequel:

Bored of the Silver Rings

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Magical Liturgy Tour
This is Spinal Tat

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

- Posted      Profile for Whiskey Three   Email Whiskey Three   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MouseThief:
Nice! That one took me a second!

Thanks.

Francis The Talking Mohel

Francis Goes To Seminary

Bonzo Goes To Bible College

--------------------
They say we're stubborn, they say we're closed-minded. But, I say there's nothing closed-minded about shunning ideas that make you scared and uncomfortable.
-- Hal Wilkerson

Posts: 176 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Year of Living Sacramentally

Careful, He Might Transform You

Stewardship Little

Truth is Stranger that Biblical Literalism

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tat on a Hot Tin Roof

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

- Posted      Profile for Whiskey Three   Email Whiskey Three   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Muppets Take Jerusalem

--------------------
They say we're stubborn, they say we're closed-minded. But, I say there's nothing closed-minded about shunning ideas that make you scared and uncomfortable.
-- Hal Wilkerson

Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

Abbott And Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Praying Hyde.

--------------------
-- Hal Wilkerson

Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

Bris Congeniality

--------------------
-- Hal Wilkerson

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Monster's Baal

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nowhere near as brilliant as the rest of yours, but here's a few...

The Fisher King of Kings

High Church Fidelity

The Usual Supplicants

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just went to my Netflix history for a little help...

House of D Lord

The Light of Christ Keeps Me Company

A Lesson from the Prophet Isaiah Before Dying

The Shipping Gospel

Detroit Rock of Ages

Total Epiclesis

Boogie Evensong (a stretch, I know)

(Problem is, so many on my list already had religious-sounding names. The actual religious remake could be interesting:
--Inch'Allah Dimanche
--Sin City
--Lord of War
--Saving Grace
--Gods & Monsters
--Jesus' Son
--The Magdalene Sisters
(etc.))

--------------------

Mrs. Candle
Shipmate
# 9422

- Posted      Profile for Mrs. Candle   Email Mrs. Candle   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praise In Arizona
Support Your Local Pontiff
Snake Handlers on a Plane
Cult on a Hot Tin Roof

--------------------
Je suis le président de Burundi.

Posts: 869 | From: CO elev. 4960 ft. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Revolutionist
Shipmate
# 4578

- Posted      Profile for The Revolutionist   Email The Revolutionist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TV remake, Life on Mars as Life in Church. A non-Christian is in a car accident, and wakes up in church. "Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time?" they wonder.
Posts: 1296 | From: London | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Second Hand Lions' Den

Priscilla, Aquilla and the Bee

The Mysterion of Kasper Hauser

The Tippets of Belleville

Mammon des Sources

A Sabbath Day's Journey into Night

Mars Hill Attacks!

The Hunt for Red-Letter Days in October

The Madness of King Nebuchadnezzar

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
or:

101 Domitions

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Badfundie:
Praise In Arizona
Snake Handlers on a Plane

You rock! I'd been working on those two since this thread opened! [Overused]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mitred Joe Young

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Pulpit Fiction

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Seventh See

Talmud in the Saddle

--------------------

Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

House of The Rising Son

--------------------
-- Hal Wilkerson

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Annie Halal

The Synagogous Seven

Up in Smoke: Tales of Thurifers Gone Mad

The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Monsigneur

Peyote Place

Debbie Does Dolorous

--------------------

Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

The Pink Cantor Strikes Again

[ 28. June 2007, 23:40: Message edited by: danofsteel ]

--------------------
-- Hal Wilkerson

Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

Blade Nunner

--------------------
-- Hal Wilkerson

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pig Trouble in Little Shinar

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

High Nones

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She stoups to conquer

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Start the Reformation Without Me

--------------------

Whiskey Three

Discount Keelhauler
# 11531

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Rectory

--------------------
-- Hal Wilkerson

Off Centre View
Shipmate
# 4254

- Posted      Profile for Off Centre View   Author's homepage   Email Off Centre View   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With Nails and I

--------------------
Looking for Authenticity in the Corporate Abyss? Change Your Self, Change Your Workplace, Change Your World: www.corporateabyss.com

Posts: 1685 | From: wherever I may wander | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by Off Centre View:
With Nails and I

[Overused]

No Way to Treat Our Lady

--------------------

Mrs. Candle
Shipmate
# 9422

- Posted      Profile for Mrs. Candle   Email Mrs. Candle   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sinnerella
The Virgin Mary Poppins
That Darn Catholic!
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbi
The Perils of the Pauline Epistles

--------------------
Je suis le président de Burundi.

Posts: 869 | From: CO elev. 4960 ft. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rome and Juliet
Ferris Bueller's Pray Off (like this..)

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Carry On Up the Tiber (in which a team of British comedians become Catholics)

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now you can vote for your favourite...

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jim Goodfellow

A thoroughly decent chap
# 12121

- Posted      Profile for Jim Goodfellow   Email Jim Goodfellow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Honey, I Shrunk the Congregation, starring Rev. Brakes-Wynde.

Laurel and Hardy meet the Pope (another fine Mass you've gotten us into).

Gentle Persuasion, starring Father Pokynge-Smallboys.

--------------------
Buffer's Yeoman

Posts: 478 | From: The Golden Triangle | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
JG, I'm begining to worry about your lack of good taste [Roll Eyes]

Remake:

The Man Who Wasn't There

Polemical documentary presented by Richard Dawkins, following the lives of three of the disciples after the crucifiction.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The Sixth Censing

--------------------

Jim Goodfellow

A thoroughly decent chap
# 12121

- Posted      Profile for Jim Goodfellow   Email Jim Goodfellow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Goodfellow:
Honey, I Shrunk the Congregation, starring Rev. Brakes-Wynde.

Laurel and Hardy meet the Pope (another fine Mass you've gotten us into).

Gentle Persuasion, starring Father Pokynge-Smallboys.

Cock-up Alert! Shoulda been "Friendly Persuasion"

--------------------
Buffer's Yeoman

Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have we had 'Who killed Roger Rabbi?'? (which is reputed to have happened when a 'T' fell off a cinema sign...)

Dr Shrive-ago
Chalice, Texas
Wings of De Spire
For those who remember a certain British Christian festival: The Royal Week Tenenbaums.
The Magnificent Leaven
A Thurifer and a Gentleman
Curates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Stole

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huntress
Shipmate
# 2595

- Posted      Profile for Huntress   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shrine (Shine, Geoffrey Rush etc.)

The Texas Chainsaw Mass

Saturday Night Vigil and Sunday Morning Mass

Bram Stoker's Scapular

My Bloody Tridentine

Posts: 431 | From: Lancashire / Nottingham | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim Goodfellow

A thoroughly decent chap
# 12121

Some Like it Cool, starring Rev.Hay-Withitman.

--------------------
Buffer's Yeoman

Esmeralda

# 582

Reservoir Dog-collars
Tractspotting
American Pie-ty
National Lampoon's Animal Housechurch
Heavenly Preachers
A Room with a Pew
28 Prays Later
Meet the Prayer-rents
The Day of the Missal
Mr Bean's Holy Day
Johnny Anglican
The Vicar Man

--------------------

Melisande
Shipmate
# 4177

- Posted      Profile for Melisande   Email Melisande   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I'm just piggybacking on Jahlove, but:
Long Taize Journey into Night

The Eleisonist

--------------------
The door itself makes no promises.
It is only a door.
-- Adrienne Rich

Posts: 302 | From: The western Main Line | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
M*A*S*S

Father Mulcahy gets a bigger role in this one...

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Timothy the Obscure:
M*A*S*S

[Overused] That one is so perfect!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, Frank.. my thurible is hot... swing my hot thurible...

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] (to Kelly and to Timothy the Obscure)

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kelly: [Killing me]

I should be incensed about that. [Razz]

[ 02. July 2007, 04:33: Message edited by: Campbellite ]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016