homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2007 Ship of Fools Celebrity Death Pool (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2007 Ship of Fools Celebrity Death Pool
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by marmot:
Bradley E. Delp (June 12, 1951 – March 9, 2007) was an American musician best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Boston.

[ETA: This thread (or, God willing, its incarnations in the far future) is where I want my passing to be announced.]

And we only want one point (or less) when that happens, Marmot. [Smile]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:
John Inman died [Waterworks]

[Tear] His soul is "free" now.

[ 13. March 2007, 19:42: Message edited by: Liturgy Queen ]

Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I see Ernest Gallo (winemaker) died on 6th March. He was 98

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
SoF a "prick against Bigotterie"

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can't recall anyone having him on their list, but Bob Woolmer (Pakistan cricket coach and former England player) died today, aged 58.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
auntie di

Ship's Magic Pudding
# 11521

- Posted      Profile for auntie di   Email auntie di   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good Grief SBW, I was watching him in the Pakistan dressing room last night as I sat on SKY for Ireland's win- that's sad, and now I feel awful guilty for cheering the Irish on so vehemently [Frown]

--------------------
auntie di

Posts: 586 | From: Staffordshire | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Calvert DeForest, aka Larry "Bud" Melman, has died. He was great on the David Letterman show. The link has one of his classic appearances.

[ 21. March 2007, 16:39: Message edited by: MrSponge2U ]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

- Posted      Profile for Pre-cambrian   Email Pre-cambrian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie Boy Wonder:
Can't recall anyone having him on their list, but Bob Woolmer (Pakistan cricket coach and former England player) died today, aged 58.

The Jamaica police are now saying they have suspicions of foul play. I hope the relevant Celebrity Death Pool rule doesn't have to be activated [Paranoid] .

--------------------
"We cannot leave the appointment of Bishops to the Holy Ghost, because no one is confident that the Holy Ghost would understand what makes a good Church of England bishop."

Posts: 2314 | From: Croydon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't think anyone had them on their list, otherwise, I am sure the authorities would have been pacing around.

Maybe it is a good time to re-iterate that killing people just to score CDP marks is frowned upon? Not only by the police, but I gather the hosts and admins take quite a poor view of it too.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unless you are a soldier or a police officer Doing Your Duty.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anselm
Shipmate
# 4499

- Posted      Profile for Anselm   Email Anselm   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Maybe it is a good time to re-iterate that killing people just to score CDP marks is frowned upon? Not only by the police, but I gather the hosts and admins take quite a poor view of it too.

I think God may have an opinion on that issue as well...

--------------------
carpe diem domini
...seize the day to play dominoes?

Posts: 2544 | From: The Scriptorium | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
It is a very mixed blessing to be brought back from the dead.
Kurt Vonnegut

RIP

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kepler's Puppet
Shipmate
# 4011

- Posted      Profile for Kepler's Puppet   Email Kepler's Puppet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dang! In narrowing my list I had a choice between him and John Updike. I chose Updike.

--------------------
Most Likely Lurking

Posts: 1447 | From: Dixie Land | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Choirboy
Shipmate
# 9659

- Posted      Profile for Choirboy   Email Choirboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Geo:
Kurt Vonnegut

He'll be sorely missed.

quote:
He had a best-seller in 2005 with "A Man Without a Country," a collection of his nonfiction, including jabs at the Bush administration ("upper-crust C-students who know no history or geography") and the uncertain future of the planet.

Posts: 2994 | From: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It took 3 years, but I got the points for Vonnegut finally. Looks like I'm the only one. Only 16 points--not enough for such a fine author!

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If he had died earlier you would have had more points. Now we wouldn't have wanted that, would we? [Disappointed] [Biased]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scratch Don Ho.

--------------------

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It seems (after a quick look back through the lists) that even those Canadians who were careful to include lots of CanCon, didn't think to put June Callwood on their lists. A shame, really, on both counts -- her dying, and nobody getting points for it.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well Trudy, June Callwood is (was) one of those indestructable iconic lives - and we never think of those dying. Like Doris Anderson, another icon, earlier this year.

I think I'll add Trent Frayne (June's husband) to my list for next year. I thought he died years ago.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Izzybee
Shipmate
# 10931

- Posted      Profile for Izzybee   Author's homepage   Email Izzybee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boris Yeltsin, anyone?

I think I may have every world (and ex world) leader but him. *sigh*

--------------------
Hate filled bitch musings...

Posts: 1336 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had Boris, which gets me off zero for the year.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had him.

Now I feel slightly guilty that I almost profit by his death.

[ 23. April 2007, 14:10: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am surprised he was 76; I thought him older than that. He was rather creaky when he was in office, so it's one of those "he lived a hard life" things, I suppose.

One passing not noted in this thread is of Kitty Carlisle Hart, who was 98. I don't think anyone had her. She was a singer, an actress, and by the time I got around, beloved by game-show watchers as a charming, sophisticated panelist on "To Tell The Truth". She was also the ingenue in the Marx Brothers' "A Night at the Opera".

Obit from the LA Times

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
oooooh, i had yeltsin,

i mean, erm, may he rest in peace.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, for crying out loud. I think this is the first year I *haven't* had Yeltsin on my list. (Sign me up with those who thought he was waay older than 76.)

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zigged when I should have zagged--but the year's not over, so Castro may yet kick the proverbial bucket.

And while Yeltsin may have been only 76, it ain't the years, it's the mileage!

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post 
My very deepest sympathy to the Yeltsin clan. [Big Grin]

Sorry, I mean [Waterworks]

How's Fidel feeling, these days?

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bah! I think I had old Boris last year but not this.

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uriel
Shipmate
# 2248

- Posted      Profile for Uriel   Email Uriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I too dropped Yeltsin from my 2006 list.

However, I have checked some of my hopefuls and have discovered that Marcheline Bertrand (American Actress and mother of Angelina Jolie) died on 27th January, aged 56.

So 44 points to open my account.

Cheers,

Uriel.

Posts: 687 | From: Somerset, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had Yeltsin on mine.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Who is it again who is keeping track of all these lucky stiffs?

[Biased]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fidel is doing well, there was a picture in the paper of him meeting Hu, the Chinese leader, the other day.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
- Who is the Chinese leader?
- Yes, Hu is the Chinese leader.
- That's what I'm asking you...

[Big Grin]

Paul W

[ 24. April 2007, 17:50: Message edited by: Paul W. ]

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr. Gorbachev

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Mr. Gorbachev

What about Mr. Gorbachev? You've done this before, just posted a name on this thread and sent me scurrying off to see if there's some breaking news story that I've missed. [Razz]

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another of England's 1966 World Cup winning side has died:

Alan Ball.

Born in my home town, played for my team. I thought he would run for ever [Frown]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Mr. Gorbachev

What about Mr. Gorbachev? You've done this before, just posted a name on this thread and sent me scurrying off to see if there's some breaking news story that I've missed. [Razz]

Paul W

Sorry - I think Gorby will die this year.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, if he's not on your list, make a mental note for next year!

I had to look things up. Either NPR made a mistake this morning, or I wasn't really awake, because I thought I heard that Raisa Gorbacheya was at the funeral, and she's dead (not him!).

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Right you are

--------------------

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Probably and Urban Myth, but I remember a joke doing the rounds about Yeltsin shortly after his first State Visit to Britain: when meeting John Major and his entourage, he made a long rambling joke about Gorbachev. When he'd finished, he turned expectedly to his interpreter, who said a few words in English, whereupon Major and Co fell about laughing. Afterwards, Yeltsin asked his interpreter how he'd managed to condense such a lengthy joke into so few words. "Easy", replied the interpreter, "I said 'He's just told a joke: laugh'."

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mstislav Rostropovich , famed cellist, has died at age 80.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Tom Poston. RIP.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Goodness me. Had no idea the man was still alive! And he worked steadily right up until the end, too.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kepler's Puppet
Shipmate
# 4011

- Posted      Profile for Kepler's Puppet   Email Kepler's Puppet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wally Schirra, early astronaut, died Wednesday at age 84.

--------------------
Most Likely Lurking

Posts: 1447 | From: Dixie Land | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just seen a news report that Jerry Falwell died today about 10:30 am local time.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Anyone have Isabella Blow?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just checked. He was 73.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
I have just seen a news report that Jerry Falwell died today about 10:30 am local time.

BBC article

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just heard on the news that Yolanda Denise King died yesterday. She was one of the daughters of Dr. Martin Luther King.

She was only 51. [Frown]

[ETA age.]

[ 16. May 2007, 11:56: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jerry Myer
Shipmate
# 3904

- Posted      Profile for Jerry Myer   Email Jerry Myer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just checked my list and as I thought, the enitre sorry lot are still alive and well (if you count Ariel Sharron as being either)despite the list being unchanged from last year!

If anyone wants me to add their name to my list in a bid for longevity just drop me a PM. [Disappointed]

[ 23. May 2007, 14:14: Message edited by: Jerry Myer ]

--------------------
It wasn't a mistake, I just a found a new way that doesn't work....

Posts: 280 | From: Somewhere very very flat | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Charles Nelson Reilly died this weekend. I don't remember seeing him on anyone's list. Twenty-four points! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016