homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Quiz-Off (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Quiz-Off
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
16) Apparently he's part of a plot.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
16) Wall-E is coming soon to a cinema near you.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's called Waldo here in N. America. He's hiding and using a pseudonym, [Paranoid] , I'm guessing the CIA are looking for him too.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Question 16) Wheres Wally?

Right here in Wally's cafe Boston Massachusetts, looks like a lot of fun.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beaver's big brother? That Wally?
He's up in his room - alone.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cusanus

Ship's Schoolmaster
# 692

- Posted      Profile for Cusanus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
16) Yes doesn't it?

--------------------
"You are qualified," sa fotherington-tomas, "becos you can frankly never pass an exam and have 0 branes. Obviously you will be a skoolmaster - there is no other choice."

Posts: 3120 | From: The Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
a15)I eat mine with a bit of spicy sauce. Gong Hei Fat Choy!.

a16)Wally is in an upper left-hand square in heaven.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Points for Round Sixteen

3 : Davelarge : You can be the chairman
3 : Sharkshooter : You are now in charge of catering
3 : Sharkshooter : Doubling up as entertainment rep
1 : Banner Lady : Why would they ever ban wally?
2 : Chorister : Nice but I can't read Scottish
3 : Jedijudy : My favourite answer of all so far
3 : Wet Kipper : New man in charge of entertainment
3 : Icklejen : Our agent in America speaks
3 : Footdoc : We should have a Boston meet there
3 : Pearl B4 Swine : That’s the best place for him
3 : Cusanus : I love it - Some people will miss it
3 : Mertseger : A15) Appropriate timing
2 : Mertseger : A16) You nearly had me watching

TOP OF THE TABLE

47 Chorister
47 Jedijudy
47 Wet Kipper
43 Sharkshooter
42 Banner Lady
42 Cusanus
42 Icklejen
42 Mertseger
38 Davelarge
32 Footdoc
29 Ann
26 Dogwonderer
24 Gwai
15 Lady in Red
14 Jon J
11 Quizmaster
8 Jim Goodfellow
8 Mr. E
8 Pearl B4 Swine
8 Smudgie

Q17) How many beans make five?

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A17) Two human beans are perfectly capable of making five, given some low lighting, a warm moonlit night, some soft, romantic music and a fertility drug thrown in for good measure.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A17) Two beans, bean and a half, half a bean and a bean.

(I'll try to get back to the other questions when my brain can cope - unexpectedly busy at the moment)

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Q17) 10 has beens elsewhere, but only 2 if you're Australian.

And why was Wally banned from so many countries and school libraries? Because in many of the pictures there are slightly naughty things to be found: like in the beach picture where there is a topless sunbather, although my youngest child tells me it was really very tame stuff. Which has me worried...tame compared to what, I wonder?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
17) Apparently it only takes one Bean.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
Q17) How many beans make five?

Surely there's a few typos there. Everyone knows that Beanz meanz Heinz, and there are in fact 57 varieties.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Question 17)
If you lay the beans out to spell out the word FIVE you would need 15 beans.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
#17 : You people are concentrating on the wrong part of the question. Its the 'five' part that's interesting. Five is either 3 + 2, or 2 + 3, as is taught in conducting class. Choir singers however, always try to round up to 6 or down to 4, by inserting a 1 beat rest, or hurrying over a pair of notes. Having them listen to Take Five [/URL] does no good what-so-ever.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Sorry about the link. I don't know 'beans' about how to do that [Frown]

--------------------
Oinkster

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
a18)Since beans do not have fingers or any cognitive facilities whatsoever none can write, and, therefore, no number of beans collectively or individually can make "5".

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Marks for Round Seventeen

3 : Chorister : Quintuplets for the couple please
2 : Ann : Obvious answer but accurate
3 : Banner Lady : Long live the republic of Australia
3 : Jedijudy : Mr Bean lives on
3 : Davelarge : Beans Means Heinz 57
4 : Footdoc : For making me laugh out loud
3 : Pearl B4 Swine : All points for the 'Don’t know beans'
3 : Mertseger : An excellent analysis of the facts

TOP OF THE TABLE

50 Chorister
50 Jedijudy
47 Wet Kipper
45 Banner Lady
45 Mertseger
43 Sharkshooter
42 Cusanus
42 Icklejen
41 Davelarge
36 Footdoc
31 Ann
26 Dogwonderer
24 Gwai
15 Lady in Red
14 Jon J
11 Pearl B4 Swine
11 Quizmaster

Q18) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A 18) If a woodchuck could chuck Wood, presumably the woodchuck would chuck all of him (unless bits of him - his arms, and legs, or other unmentionables, were to drop off while he was being chucked. As I believe Wood is rather attached to his extremeties, I think on balance that is extremely unlikely).

While pondering this deep and meaningful question, you may like to visit this site which doesn't realise we are talking about a shipmate called Wood and thinks we are talking about this sort of wood! [Killing me]

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A18) Who's Wood?

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Q18) Would he could he should he good be, he'd do it only once.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A17) 5 beans is the number of beans that United are behind (this makes me happy!, the 8 beans we need don't, but I'm sure Mr Abramovich could afford a tin or two!)

A18) I've dealt with that much [Projectile] at work, coz the wee ones all have stomach flu, I'd really rather not talk about up-chuck anymore.

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LeChuck clearly does not have enough time to be chucking wood, given that he's after Big Whoop.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

Question 18) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

These darn critters are trouble enough without encouraging them to chuck wood around.

So I hope the answer would be none... but I expect it would probably be ..." too much". here

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... Q17) How many beans make five?

That depends on how potent the beans are, and how iron-clad your digestive tract is.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Q18) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

[ 14. February 2008, 15:30: Message edited by: sharkshooter ]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

18)How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? None. I don't believe a woodchuck would chuck wood at all, as it involves too much heavy lifting. As I recall, they would rather chuck marshmallows into their wide-opened mouths. This is based on sad experience, I tell you. Greedy little varmints. Whoever heard of marshmallowless s'mores? Well, bucko, that's what you get when the woodchuck helps himself to the marshmallow bag.

There were tears, I tell you.

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Marks for Round Eighteen

3 : Chorister : Would that Wood would
3 : Ann : Does it really matter whose wood it is?
3 : Banner Lady : Rhyme in time and chime for a dime
3 : Icklejen : A17) Five beans makes me happy too
2 : Icklejen : A18) Lovely thought that baby sick
3 : Davelarge : I played all the Monkey Islands once
3 : Footdoc : Woodchucks are vermin all right
1 : Sharkshooter : My digestive track is pulsing already
3 : Sharkshooter : It is hard to argue with that Chuckie
3 : Jedijudy : What a sad sad tale of woodchuck woe
1 : Ann : Bonus from Chorister

TOP OF THE TABLE

53 Chorister
53 Jedijudy
48 Banner Lady
47 Icklejen
47 Sharkshooter
47 Wet Kipper
45 Mertseger
44 Davelarge
42 Cusanus
39 Footdoc
35 Ann

Q19) How dare you?

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

The wood he did chuck, he should not have; and the wood he could not chuck, he did not; and the wood he left unchucked he surely should have chucked; yea, the woodchuck builded him a dam with a quantity of chucked wood, many cubits tall and deep, the number of chucked woods unknown except to the Almighty, who keepeth track of such things.

--------------------
Oinkster

jedijudy

# 333

19) I've been told by people who seem to know, that I seem to have not grown out of the "indestructible" phase of teen-agedness. What seems to me to be a normal, well-considered course (walking on the railroad trestle about 150 feet in the air, without checking on the rail schedule) apparently was seen to be daring to reasonable folks. So, I dare because of ignorance and folly. [Help]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Q19) Because it's fun!

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

Coz he who dares wins!

--------------------

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

Question 19) How dare you?

I think you might be meaning this

All I can say is I am sorry and.... The voices made me do it!

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

A19) I'm very dwell, dthank you, but isn't it dstrange how on both our dcomputers the 'd' key dkeeps getting dstuck?

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

quote:
...Q19) How dare you?...

One bite at a time.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A19) usually with double dogs, so the other person is less likely to back down.

(am still working on the other Qs)

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

A17) it depends on how many beans you've already got.

--------------------

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

a18)Your typical woodchuck would chuck about a 1/4 cord given sufficient time and inclination.

a19)It seemed like a good idea at the time.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

18) Could ? Would ? you're forgetting the more important question of whether or not a woodchuck should chuck wood.

--------------------

Cusanus

Ship's Schoolmaster
# 692

- Posted      Profile for Cusanus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
17. 4.9999...
18. Who is Chuck Wood and what has he done to annoy North American rodents?
19. Am I bovvered?

--------------------
"You are qualified," sa fotherington-tomas, "becos you can frankly never pass an exam and have 0 branes. Obviously you will be a skoolmaster - there is no other choice."

Posts: 3120 | From: The Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Apologies to those who love this thread. My sudden development of a social life must be quite distressing. Last night I was in the pub with some Speedway fans and tonight we watched the Holiday on Ice Romanza performance.

Next Round Tomorrow.....Before/After the Football.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Quizmaster has a life outside of the Ship? Who knew? [Biased]

Enjoy your fun time, oh great and grand QM! [Overused]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Bonus for Jedijudy!

Marks for Round Nineteen:

2 : Pearl B4 Swine : A18) A reasonable attempt at chucking
3 : Jedijudy : That seems spot on to me
3 : Banner Lady : Too true my lady
3 : Icklejen : Have a word with Chelsea then
2 : Footdoc : Definitely a different twist
3 : Chorister : Ddreaddfully goodd Iddea ddear
3 : Sharkshooter : Bad cookies just don’t exist
3 : Wet Kipper : That's a shiatsu attempt
3 : Wet Kipper : A17) It does that does it not?
3 : Mertseger : A18) I will not ask for the proof
3 : Mertseger : A19) Obvious but acceptable
3 : Wet Kipper : A18) Should a shoed woodchuck?
3 : Cusanus : A17) I will accept that partial answer
3 : Cusanus : A18) A new take on that one for me
3 : Cusanus : A19) The fashionable answer
1 : Chorister : Bonus from Jedijudy
0 : Jedijudy : Bonus from Quizmaster for crawling

TOP OF THE TABLE

57 Chorister
56 Jedijudy
56 Wet Kipper
51 Banner Lady
51 Cusanus
51 Mertseger
50 Icklejen
50 Sharkshooter
44 Davelarge
41 Footdoc
35 Ann
26 Dogwonderer
24 Gwai
15 Lady in Red
14 Jon J
13 Pearl B4 Swine

Q20) When will you get around to it?

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

I got a round tuit when I was a teenager.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

20)Here it is! I'll have it as soon as I print it.

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

19) I'll take truth, this time.

20) I'll get around to IT just as soon as I've got my computer working... [Mad]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

q20) At the second coming.

--------------------

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

a20) Any day now: I plan to get started just as soon as Chinese Democracy comes out.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Q20 Not until stimulated amongst the Tumbleweed it would seem.

• Q1 Cautiously
  • Q2 An empty palace, until one returns with one's staff
  • Q3 You scuff the line in the sand
  • Q4 You just take a deco at it and decide
  • Q5 Absolutely no rice, none whatsoever
  • Q6 A cable's length
  • Q7 Three women walk into a bar, the first orders a G&T, the second orders a glass of white wine and the third turns to the other two and says: "Hooray, we've colonised a male dominated joke format" (Copyright Mr Bill Bailey, who tells it so much better than me.)
  • Q8 The moment in which the achievement of your desire is imminent, especially if it involves chocolate
  • Q9 When you want to enter your waggle dance in a hoe down
  • Q10 I think you should stick to your usual impressionistic approach
  • Q11 No, this is Austin Texas Mental Hospital and you are the Asshole from El Paso, you Broke Down South of Dallas - you kept telling everyone that the Devil Lives In Dallas and that there was a Dracula From Houston, If You Ever Get Back To Amarillo - don't you forget your Pretty Little Lady from Beaumont
  • Q12 When browsing round the 'burbs for rental properties
  • Q13 Because good malt whiskey takes time
  • Q14 On a toilet, I only use a poop-a-scoop for doggy doo
  • Q15 I can't, my spine is not flexible enough ...
  • Q16 Well, it was quite a journey but he gave up his humanity in the end, so he's a bit nebulous and omnipresent nowadays though he does take human form
  • Q17 Some beans and another bean
  • Q18 Well a woodchuck weighs about 10 pounds, so about the size of a small baby - and your average small baby can chuck a small wooden building block the exact distance from its hand to your eye - so that'd be my guess
  • Q19 Well it is after the watershed
I like to think of my entry as a piece of postmodernist literature, you may disagree - probably violently.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

A20) Jeez, who are you, my mother???

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016