homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Is your shower curtain liturgically correct? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Is your shower curtain liturgically correct?
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by chukovsky:
Do you think they do stained glass shower screens?

You might try this.

[Deleted duplicate post. Mamacita, Heavenly Host]

[ 18. June 2008, 23:24: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mama Thomas
Shipmate
# 10170

- Posted      Profile for Mama Thomas   Email Mama Thomas   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This time I have had a shower since 2005, an improvemnt from my coconut leaf bath house of yesteryear.

The house came with a shower curtain. And when due to over use it became shredded, I decided to live without one as they are expensive here.

Even though I am perfectly able to shower and dry myself without getting wet, every one of my housemates and guests seem to insist on running the bloody thing full blast AND like to step out the shower to dry their dripping bodies. And having no hand drain in the middle of the bathroom floor as some folks do, the floor becomes a lake. But wait! There's more! A long term house guest got tired of the situation and actually bought a present: Shower curtains, in violet, rose, white, green, gold, black, Lenten array and Madonna Blue--if you can use your imagination. Other wise it is only on thin sheet of bluish plastic, but it works. Though it does tend to get grungy unless it is sanitised a few times year.

But what an idea! It is actually easier to change a shower curtain than a high altar, innit?

--------------------
All hearts are open, all desires known

Posts: 3742 | From: Somewhere far away | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChaliceGirl
Shipmate
# 13656

- Posted      Profile for ChaliceGirl   Email ChaliceGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend has a "Psycho" shower curtian- it has a silhouette of Norman/Mother with a knife. Cracks me up!

--------------------
The Episcopal Church Welcomed Me.

"Welcome home." ++Katharine Jefferts Schori to me on 29Mar2009.
My KJS fansite & chicksinpointyhats

Posts: 710 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mama Thomas:
This time I have had a shower since 2005, an improvemnt from my coconut leaf bath house of yesteryear.

I can't parse this. Can you possibly be saying this is the first time you've had a shower since 2005?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by chukovsky:
Do you think they do stained glass shower screens?

I bet they do - and if so, can I please have one with a nice design of Charles Rennie Mackintosh Glasgow roses and wee square dots?

As it is, mine is dead plain white, and will be replaced when it (a) falls to bits or (b) gets too mouldy even for me.

[Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
Originally posted by Mama Thomas:

I can't parse this. Can you possibly be saying this is the first time you've had a shower since 2005?
I suspect Mama Thomas is referring to his house having a shower in it. Similarly, I suspect that
quote:
I am perfectly able to shower and dry myself without getting wet,
refers to not getting the floor wet. One learns to read between the lines. [Biased]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mama Thomas
Shipmate
# 10170

- Posted      Profile for Mama Thomas   Email Mama Thomas   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mousethief, that reminds of the old Victorian ad: "I used your soap two years ago and since then have used no other."

And Mamacita: correctamundo. I am terrible at typing.

Showering beats bucket baths and bathing in rivers on a regular basis, but once in a while, it can be fun. And to keep with the OP, lets get liturgical shower curtains.

Once I really thought of getting liturgically correct thongs-jandals-slippers-flip flops but the expense for something no one would notice was just to much.

--------------------
All hearts are open, all desires known

Posts: 3742 | From: Somewhere far away | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
fatpanda
Shipmate
# 2709

- Posted      Profile for fatpanda   Email fatpanda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have a shower curtain that proves the truth of Jesus saying 'the poor you will always have with you' ......

--------------------
love S x

do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Posts: 242 | From: Weegieland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016