homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Drinking rules in Hell, and other formalities (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Drinking rules in Hell, and other formalities
WatersOfBabylon
Shipmate
# 11893

- Posted      Profile for WatersOfBabylon   Email WatersOfBabylon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When IngoB and MadGeo start duking it out over the true nature Buddhism, just grab the whole bottle. You're gonna' be here for a while.
Posts: 515 | From: I'm a nomad. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Hell:
  • If a newbie issues a new battle cry (It's WAR WITH NO RULES!), get out the beer bong - it's time to funnel-chug.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whenever:

• Someone confuses SoF with real life
  • Someone doesn't realise that SoF can play a part in real life

have a drink.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zwingli
Shipmate
# 4438

- Posted      Profile for Zwingli   Email Zwingli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
OK - my comment was meant to raise a smile, rather than to cause offence. Clearly I got that wrong. I apologise.

The Wanderer - I took no offense, and I'm sorry that it came off that I did, I found your post humerous. Calvinism makes all our heads spin occasionally, as do many other -isms; I just don't like it used as an insult especially when misapplied, which is not what you were doing.

Jengie Jon - if Calvin is mentioned, take a glass of wine.
- if Luther is mentioned, grab a beer.
- if Zwingli is mentioned, buy Zwingli a beer. [Big Grin]

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If someone claims that "this is a lame Hell thread/call" have a drink. If they claim that this is the lamest ever, have three. If someone requests a new TICTH thread, buy a host a drink.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zwingli:

if Zwingli is mentioned, buy Zwingli a beer. [Big Grin]

Zwingli, Zwingli, Zwingli, Zwingli, Zwingli.

There, that oughta keep you on the floor for a few days. [Biased]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WatersOfBabylon:
When IngoB and MadGeo start duking it out over the true nature Buddhism, just grab the whole bottle. You're gonna' be here for a while.

Very True.
[Killing me]

Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Purg:

Whenever one of the Orthodoxen assert they are the One True Church and the West is fallen/heretical/has cooties, take a shot of Ouzo or Vodka, depending on the source. This may require two shots.

If one of the Roman Catholics mentions they are the One True Church, down some Marsala or Port.

If one of the Anglicans asserts they are the One True Church, drink a shot of Gin.

If one of the Reformed says they are the One True Church, down a shot of whisky. No water, that's cheating. It's full Presbyterian Fire for you.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
beachpsalms
Shipmate
# 4979

- Posted      Profile for beachpsalms   Email beachpsalms   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If someone from the United Church of Canada asserts that THEY are the One True Church, ask what they have been drinking, (or smoking) and if they are going to share.

After you've picked yourself up off the floor, and controlled the hysterical laughter, that is.

--------------------
"You willing to die for that belief?"
"I am. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Posts: 826 | From: a hamster's cheek-pouch full of raisins | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All right, all right, I 'fess up. I said the United Church was the One True Church.

It was drinking Bacardi 8 on the rocks. Want shome, I'ff shtill got haff a bottle left. <hiccup>

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When you see someone accuse someone else of doing something, and then they do that thing themselves, take a drink.

If they try to justify why it is okay for them to do X but not for the other person, take two drinks.

Drain your bottle if they actually manage to convince anyone or sound coherent.

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6028 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
beachpsalms
Shipmate
# 4979

- Posted      Profile for beachpsalms   Email beachpsalms   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whenever someone interrupts the current conversational thread to hurl incoherent insults and demand that a host close the thread because it isn't to their taste: drink. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"You willing to die for that belief?"
"I am. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Posts: 826 | From: a hamster's cheek-pouch full of raisins | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw, did someone step on your precious little toes somewhere? Poor baby.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beachlass:
Whenever someone interrupts the current conversational thread to hurl incoherent insults and demand that a host close the thread because it isn't to their taste: drink. [Roll Eyes]

If it's any comfort, beachlass, rest assured that hosts generally look at such posts, lift their glass, and say, "Not on your life, sweetheart."

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When you read the post of someone you can't stand and actually find yourself agreeing, take a drink.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
When someone quotes a post and adds "What he/she said", take a drink.

What she said.

:glug:

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
When someone quotes a post and adds "What he/she said", take a drink.

What she said.

:glug:

What they both said....empty the bottle

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eleanor Jane
Shipmate
# 13102

- Posted      Profile for Eleanor Jane     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm... good idea. I think it's wine o'clock.

(and I don't even need an excuse!)

EJ

Posts: 556 | From: Now in the UK! | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Because this just happened...)

Circus, SOF Quotes File:

Take two drinks every time somebody complains that another shipmate already logged the quote they were about to post.

(Oh, and on a similar note:)

Anywhere on the Ship: two drinks for a double post, three drinks for a triple post, etc.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whenever anyone resurrects a thread in Heaven which was very amusing but has run its course ages ago ... take a drink.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

Whenever anyone changes the subject to avoid answering a direct question, take a drink.

Whenever someone posts something that has nothing to do with the thread at hand but is still funny, take a drink.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whenever anyone refers to this thread in another thread: take a drink.

In fact, take two and offer the other one to the drunken sailor.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Choose a thread you haven't been following, but is on its third page or more. Click to the last post. Unless it has a remote connection with the thread title, take a drink.

(Use carefully: alcohol poisoning can easily result).

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016