homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Dysnomia (previously known as Gabrielle) which orbits Eris (previously known as Xena).

It orbits at a distance of 37,370 plus or minus 150...

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I like to think of the exploration of space as a romantic journey, astral bodies have such evocative names - Pluto, Charon, and 40233.1 miles from Pluto one of its smaller moons, S/2005 P1 ...

(They did have a rethink and rename it Hydra, to go with the underworld a little later. The accurate distance is in the Hydra link.)

[ 29. September 2008, 22:29: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
I'll choose Charon, which apparently orbits Pluto at a distance of roughly 19,640km.

I hate to be pedantic already, but Pluto is no longer a planet.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick this, of questionable taste, moon (very blurry but possibly not safe for work) which orbits 1.5 metres above the earth or 2.5 km around the local mall.

Actually, upon reflection, it is not of questionable taste. It's actually a bad taste moon.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perhaps I should get Luke Skywalker to check out Mimas. It orbits 185,520 kilometers above the surface of Saturn.

[different word]

[ 29. September 2008, 22:47: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
quote:
I'll choose Charon, which apparently orbits Pluto at a distance of roughly 19,640km.

Pluto is a dwarf planet.

There are now 8 major and 2 minor...

Yeah, I don't get it either, but *shrug*

Pluto a planet?

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Button Moon! Now, surprisingly there is very little data about precisely how far away Button Moon is from "home" (Mr Spoon's planet that Button Moon orbits).

I do have an assignment for University due. BUT no fear, I have been researching this instead.

It would appear from the many pieces of information available on youtube that I can make a visual estimation. At the end of this clip you can see that from "home" Button Moon still appears quite large. Having placed a largish button at one end of my hallway and walked backwards until the button appeared the same size as Button Moon, I would conclude that there is approximately a 2 metre distance.

As I am a fair and rational person, I understand that my answer is not as precise as others, and therefore if the median average turns out to be anywhere between 1 and 5 metres I will accept that I will be eliminated. This possibility, you will be pleased to know, will not keep me up at night.

For those of you interested this clip demonstrates the origins of Button Moon, and how the flying wok was foiled.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:
I pick Dysnomia (previously known as Gabrielle) which orbits Eris (previously known as Xena).

It orbits at a distance of 37,370 plus or minus 150...

Rereading can be a good thing...

Those numbers are in km if anyone cares.. [Biased]

--------------------

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll go with Ganymede, a moon of Jupiter which has a mean orbital radius of 1070400 km. It's one of the least eccentric moons out there... in the technical geometric sense, of course!

He was also cup bearer to the gods in Greek mythology. I feel a certain affinity to him, as I once served a glass of wine to Boy George.

(the ship doesn't seem to like wiki articles)

[ 30. September 2008, 21:26: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, so hopefully there's nothing for the pedant in my pick. I choose Ganymede (that's a view from the surface, apparently), because it's got a funky-sounding name, and because it's mean orbital radius is 1.07 million kilometres.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Raaah!

--------------------
Brian Clough

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose the moon in this picture. It is about 6inches from the surface of the planet in the picture. It is also about 6 feet from the surface of earth.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My moon is Callisto - 1,070,000 km from Jupiter.

Callisto was discovered by Galileo in 1610, and named after one of Jupiter's many lovers from Greek mythology. She's got some mileage on her, and shows the highest density of impact craters in the Solar System. For an old lady, she's still a beauty. I read somewhere that Harrison Ford lives there.

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
Originally posted by ephemera:

Umm...

Are you sure?

I'll try again with Deimos, which is Mars' other moon. It orbits at 23,459 km from the planet.

If anyone cross-posts the same answer this time, I'll.... [Mad]

--------------------
Brian Clough

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

I anticipated that objection. Quizmaster said that we had to choose an orbiting mass commonly known as a moon. Charon undoubtedly fits the bill. The second sentence assumes that any orbiting mass commonly known as a moon orbits a planet, or at least that's how I read it. And as PataLeBon observed, Pluto is classified as a dwarf planet (not to be confused with minor planets, which are basically asteroids). It may have been kicked off the top table, but it doesn't deserve to be ignored.

The Campaign for Rights for All Planets starts here!

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ephemera:

Umm...

Are you sure?

[Hot and Hormonal] I'll try again with Callisto at 1,883,000 km from Jupiter. I somehow transposed something or other and ended up 813,000 km off. [Hot and Hormonal] does that qualify for stupidity points? I don't think I can earn any kind of points at all as I am a member of the undead...we can post but it means nothing. Thanks for your help.

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

quote:

Hear, hear!! No planet deserves to be discriminated against no matter what it's size. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Hear, hear!! No planet deserves to be discriminated against no matter what it's size. [Big Grin]
Are you saying that size doesn't matter? [Biased]

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Raaah!

Great minds, Dave.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose my Korean friend Soon Duk Moon, who orbits the planet (admitedly on an airplane) at least once a year at a distance of approx 30,000 feet from earth.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
And as PataLeBon observed, Pluto is classified as a dwarf planet...

Just to muddy the waters further*, this article from CNN and this discussion both raise the question of whether Pluto and Charon are in fact a binary planet.

However, this page on Wikipedia says that an official decision was never reached, so our enquiring minds will have to fret impatiently until the astronomers can be bothered to make a decision.

* despite appearances, I'm only posting this because I found it interesting: I'm not trying to contest your entry.

--------------------
Brian Clough

the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick my old vinyl recording of a rock & roll version of that old jazz classic MOON OVER MIAMI by Bill Haley & His Comets. It orbits about 4 feet off the surface of my living room floor at a rate of 45 rpm.

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will ally myself with the moon phoebe which orbits Saturn at a distance of 12,952,000 km.

I like the name Phoebe, that's why I chose it.

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm going with one of Jupiter's 63 [Eek!] moons named Eukelade because it sound similar to eukelele.

It is 4 km in diameter and is 24,557,295 km from its planet.

And, not pertinent to the QM's question, its orbit is 237 days. That's pretty fast little sucker!

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah well, it's the first time I've been knocked out so early in the competition, so I can't complain too much. [Razz]

Just to show there's no hard feelings, here's a very special gnome moon - a present for Quizmaster's garden.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I understand that in space objects actually orbit each other rather than the smaller orbitting the larger. Therefore I will go for the Sun which is, if I remember correctly, about one AU above the Earth.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Caliban which orbits 7.2 million km from Uranus. He (?) also has a number S/1997 U 1, but I think a name is so much nicer.

And I am orbiting several inches off the floor because I have printed out and given draft copies of my first 3 dissertation chapters to my committee!!

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geneviève:
I pick Caliban which orbits 7.2 million km from Uranus. He (?) also has a number S/1997 U 1, but I think a name is so much nicer.

And I am orbiting several inches off the floor because I have printed out and given draft copies of my first 3 dissertation chapters to my committee!!

Congratulations! [Yipee] I'm delighted for you. What's it on?

--------------------
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Rhea which orbits Saturn at 527040km. I chose it because it is the only moon to have a ring system!

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

quote:
Originally posted by Rugmaker:
quote:
quote:

Are you saying that size doesn't matter? [Biased]
Some things are good in small packages. [Big Grin]

(Can't spell...sigh...)

[ 30. September 2008, 22:41: Message edited by: PataLeBon ]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Darn it, I have a decision to make.

I think one of you weirdos is going this time.

Take 24 hours while I formulate a decision.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Ah well, it's the first time I've been knocked out so early in the competition, so I can't complain too much. [Razz]

Just to show there's no hard feelings, here's a very special gnome moon - a present for Quizmaster's garden.

And I guesstimate that it is in a geosynchronous orbit of 4 inches.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
Darn it, I have a decision to make.

I think one of you weirdos is going this time.

Take 24 hours while I formulate a decision.

Weirdos? Us? [Angel]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Weirdos? Why thank, QM, for that lovely compliment!

AngelWrestler, I am looking at the impact of clergy sexual abuse on survivors...using a between groups comparison model.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Knocked out for not naming the moon in his picture:
Rugasaw

Analysis on KOQ forum

QUALIFIERS
Angel Wrestler
Caty.
Chicklegirl
CuppaT
Davelarge
Doublethink
East Price Road
Flags_Fiend
Fletcher Christian
Genevieve
Hart
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Patdys
Surfing Madness
The Great Gumby
The Pilgrim

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND NINE : WEATHER FORECAST

I need a bit of a breather to catch up on SMART and other points so this time round you have to predict the weather in Exeter (UK) next Tuesday.

This round is based on the following page:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/exeter_forecast_weather.html

You must post all of the following: TIME, TEMPERATURE, WIND DIRECTION, WIND SPEED, WIND GUST and VISIBILITY.

I will match your entry with the relevant time on Tuesday 7th October and you get a point for every degree out, a point for every compass notch out, a point for every mile per hour out, and the tiebreaker will be visibility. Lowest score wins.
Highest score is eliminated.

You have until midnight on Thursday 2nd October UK time to post your entry.

Good Luck.

--------------------

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Weather? Oh my giddy aunt whatever next?

I hae just worked out with the assistance of This time converter that I have until approx 8.55 am Brisbane time on 3/10/2008 to post before it is midnight in London on 2/10/2008.

Everybody synchronize your watches....

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TIME: 12:00 (midday)
TEMPERATURE: 15 C
WIND DIRECTION: NNW
WIND SPEED: 16 mph
WIND GUST: 20 mph
VISIBILITY: very good

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, what a wunder-ful world we live in, where this kind of information is available at our fingertips in just seconds!

And now for my atmospheric prognostications...

TIME: 2:00 p.m.
TEMPERATURE: 18° C
WIND DIRECTION: SW
WIND SPEED: 32 km/h
WIND GUST: 40 km/h
VISIBILITY: 8 km

and I'll add, just for good measure...
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION: 70%

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't seem to find any data that would be easy to crunch, and I'll just make a reasonable guess.

TIME: 1300
TEMPERATURE: 14° C
WIND DIRECTION: NW
WIND SPEED: 15 mph
WIND GUST: 30 mph
VISIBILITY: Good

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
<snippet> you get a point for every degree out, a point for every compass notch out, a point for every mile per hour out...</snippet>

I didn't think about this until after I posted; I just assumed since we were predicting the weather in Exeter I should use metric.

So now I have to ask, QM: are you going to be adjusting the points if we posted in kph instead of mph? I'm guessing it will be only fair for any of us who are off the mark to have more points taken away when we predict windspeed in kilometers per hour, right? Or should I just repost my windspeed predictions in mph to make your life easier? [Angel]

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Time:2.30pm
Temperature:14 dgs c
Wind Speed:19 mph
Wind Direction:from SSE 165dgs
Wind Gust:21 mph
Visibility:clear, but a bit of rain could cause some spray on the roads

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

Time: 1300
Temperature: 11 C
Wind Direction: NW
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind Gust: 25 mph
Visability: Poor

Like I know anything about weather in England, but I can try!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

TIME: 7:30 PM
TEMP: 55 F
WIND DIRECTION: Out of the NW (headed SW)
WIND SPEED: 10 mph.
GUSTS: 15 mph
VISIBILITY: fair

--------------------
(unknown)

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

quote:
Originally posted by chicklegirl:
Ah, what a wunder-ful world we live in, where this kind of information is available at our fingertips in just seconds!

[Overused] Thanks, Chickiegirl! I couldn't have done it without you.

--------------------
(unknown)

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TIME: 12 noon
TEMPERATURE: 13 degrees C
WIND DIRECTION: S
WIND SPEED: 18mph
WIND GUSTS: 28mph
VISIBILITY: poor

ij x

edited to add: you can get good long range info here!

[ 01. October 2008, 23:54: Message edited by: icklejen ]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

quote:
Time: 1300
Temperature: 11 C
Wind Direction: NW
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind Gust: 25 mph
Visability: Poor

Like I know anything about weather in England, but I can try!! [Big Grin]

England I thought the QM was talking about Exeter
Missouri.

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Parousia; Pre-eschaton)
TIME: 4 pm
TEMPERATURE: 13 degrees C
WIND DIRECTION: NW
WIND SPEED: 16mph
WIND GUSTS: 28mph

(Eschaton)
TIME: for all time
TEMPERATURE: 1300+ degrees C
WIND DIRECTION: up
WIND SPEED: 160+ mph
WIND GUSTS: 280+ mph
VISIBILITY: very red, many pitchforks

Yes QM, I am disparaging your character [Razz]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TIME: 0700
TEMPERATURE: 9 deg C
WIND DIRECTION: WSW
WIND SPEED: 27 mph
WIND GUST: 47 mph

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Judging by the crazy weather we've been getting in Creamtealand recently, I reckon that in Exeter next Tuesday the weather will look like this. [Paranoid]

Chorister (AlsoRanner)

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016