homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 15)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
I am a bit obsessional, so I tried to find out what the weather had been in Essex on Tuesday the 7th of October.

Just wondering why Doublethink found out about the weather in Essex was when we were predicting the weather for Exeter?

(I'm now wondering if Doublethink will confirm her madness by phoning the met office again to see what was happening in Exeter!!)

Bollocks ! And for Exeter ... (Another nice helpful met man.)

TIME: 14:00
TEMPERATURE: 14 deg C
WIND DIRECTION: 200 degrees (coming from SW)
WIND SPEED: 15knots 13 mph
WIND GUST: (26knots) 25 mph
VISIBILITY: 10km (moderate)

(I am *not* ringing up for everytime period, they might find me, and kill me. They appear to have 24hr customer service.)

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's nice and sunny here in the mitten! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Has the Stock Market been getting you down?
Do all your indicators point south?

Well! Relief is at hand!

This is the perfect time to take a little vacation from the usual. Best of all, this restful escape is free!!!

Brought to you by your friendly, local eyeball relaxation consultant.

Not tested by the USDA, YMMV. No deposit, no return.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ROUND ELEVEN : NATIONAL FLAGS

For this round you must pick a National Flag, name the country and post a link to a picture of that flag.

Also Rans are expected to enter and their entries will count in the final analysis.

I will try and find things in common between the flags. The two (or more) people with the most things in common will be eliminated.

This means that the MODE is subject to exclusion from the competition (I knew I could do it).

Think carefully and good luck.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Libya...

Libya

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick the Seychelles.

In the national flag of the Seychelles, the colour blue depicts the sky and the sea that surrounds the Seychelles. Yellow is for the sun which gives light and life, red symbolises the people and their determination to work for the future in unity and love, whilst the white band represents social justice and harmony. The green depicts the land and natural environment.

[ 12. October 2008, 22:57: Message edited by: ephemera ]

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick the flag of the Chickasaw Nation.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Gasden Flag is considered by many scholars and historians to be the United States' first national flag, but was replaced within a few short years by the Stars and Stripes.

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Napal for me. It has a most unusual shape.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Japan.

Very simple, two colours, no stripes. Not likely to have a lot in common with other entries.

You know I spent an hour looking for a flag of Guilder to no avail. Inconceivable!

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Paraguay as it is a flag that is different on both sides!

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just trying to be helpful, CuppaT - Nepal is
N-E-P-A-L not N-A-P-A-L.

My flag is of Great Britain. I've posted a link to a special site which tells you how to draw it correctly, as most people find it really hard.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll have Bahrain, as the jagged line is rather unusual.

I wonder if this question was prompted by the KOQ? The user has only asked one other question, about the most different flag. [Paranoid]
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
This means that the MODE is subject to exclusion from the competition (I knew I could do it).

Sorry Quizzy, but I don't think that meets any normal definition of the Mode. Mode is only normally applied to value scores. If it is applied to text or "nominal data", it would only be applied to one criterion, not several, and I'm pretty sure it's never been applied to images.

To get to a value, you're performing various functions, then totalling those results, and eliminating the highest total, so I don't think Mode has anything to do with it. What you're doing would be better described (IMO) as eliminating the x with the highest value of f(x)+g(x)+h(x)+...+n(x), where f(x) and so on are functions (as yet undefined) returning the number of flags in the set with the same property.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am going to choose the flag for cyprus as it is the only National Flag to have a picture of the country on it.

Well I could be wrong about that... but if I say it authoritatively enough....

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ugh I linked to the wrong site and missed the edit window.

Here is my new improved selection for flags... the flag of

cyprus

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
i pick the flag of Norway

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

- Posted      Profile for Caty S.   Email Caty S.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also-ran entry:

The flag of Denmark.

Posts: 2119 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The flag of Zambia is a bit different than the rest, I think! [Big Grin]

Here is a site which may be of help.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You want flags? I got flags [Big Grin]

I can't post all of them, of course. So I'll pick Liechtenstein, because it's a fabulous country with a rich heritage, lower population than Birmingham, and because I spent a fantastic night with a girl from that country back in 1995 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So many interesting maps, but alas I'm pretty swamped today so I can't just keep browing away. Thanks for posting the link to "Flags of the World!"

I choose Bosnia - Herzegovia

[ 13. October 2008, 13:37: Message edited by: Angel Wrestler ]

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll take Isreal because I think the Star of David is a cool geometric form.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Helpful pedant hat on]

That would be Bosnia-Herzegovina and Israel, would it?

[/Helpful pedant hat]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
My flag is of Great Britain. I've posted a link to a special site which tells you how to draw it correctly, as most people find it really hard.

An awkward git writes:
Great Britain doesn't have a flag: Wales, Scotland, N Ireland and England each have flags, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has a flag, but Great Britain does NOT have a flag. It could be argued that Great Britain once had the 'Union Flag' from 1606 to 1801 (see here ) - without the red diagonal cross and white edging - but not any more!

An awkward git shuffles off, relieved at having used his pedantry quotient for the day

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I shall (predictably) enter the Canadian flag, since it's the only one I can think of that has a leaf on it.

(And because RooK is my hero, but nobody tell him [Hot and Hormonal] )

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Vatican City coz ITTWACW [Big Grin]

ij x

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Also Rans are expected to enter and their entries will count in the final analysis.

I will try and find things in common between the flags. The two (or more) people with the most things in common will be eliminated.

As a likely to soon be an also ran, can someone explain why also rans need to post? I'm guessing this quiz isn't as straight forward as your either in or out!!!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by icklejen:
Vatican City coz ITTWACW [Big Grin]

ij x

***pssst, ij...I think we're supposed to use National flags!***

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
quote:

As a likely to soon be an also ran, can someone explain why also rans need to post? I'm guessing this quiz isn't as straight forward as your either in or out!!!
Because, Also Rans can use their entries to seriously foul up someone else's entry! [Big Grin] For instance, you could post the picture of a flag that is very similar to a Still-in-the-game person and that person would have a higher chance of being Knocked Out!

One of the really neat things about the KOQ is that we don't have to quit playing when we "lose"! [Big Grin]

In other words...sabotage is legal for Also-Rans. [Biased]

--------------------

the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick the flag of Santa Catarina (Brazil) just because it's so cool looking.

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick the flag of the Lunar Free State, the intials stand for "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch".

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks jedijudy. Dl and I had a debate about whether or not Wales is a nation. It never occurred to me that the Vatican City wasn't. (And on the one round when I was trying to stick to the rule, play safe and not be contentious!).

So Take Two...

Switzerland coz it's a square flag.

ij x (Who wanted to post before an 8 hour car ride home, during which the round might end...)

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Surinam just because.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I did a search on Google for Quiz Knockout Ship Flag and this is the first thing on the page that can be considered a flag.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice one Gwai! And even a reference to shipmate Zappa to boot....

Of course we all know the reason QM really wants also-rans to post is that it is one way to make sure they keep reading the thread. Otherwise, by the end of the contest it would only be him and two others (the remaining contestants) showing any interest and he would get lonely. [Waterworks]

But of course we won't let on that we know that, will we? [Biased]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by icklejen:
Dl and I had a debate about whether or not Wales is a nation. It never occurred to me that the Vatican City wasn't.

You should have stuck with that thought - because Vatican City is indeed the world's smallest independent state, and has been since 1929. It has its own passports, currency (or did until it joined the Euro, anyway), seat on the UN and everything.

Wikipedia has all the answers.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Wikipedia has all the answers

Oh my goodness, I married wikipedia!?!

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
[Helpful pedant hat on]

That would be Bosnia-Herzegovina and Israel, would it?

[/Helpful pedant hat]

Oops! Thanks, Gumby. I stand corrected. It's a long-enough word that these middle-aged eyes don't always catch small typo's. (to you UK folks, make that "wee" typos)

[ 13. October 2008, 20:46: Message edited by: Angel Wrestler ]

--------------------
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Macedonia for my flag.

I wonder if we will get a complete set of entries?

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:
So many interesting maps, but alas I'm pretty swamped today so I can't just keep browing away. Thanks for posting the link to "Flags of the World!"

I choose Bosnia - Herzegovia

OK - now that I have a moment (whew! yearly church conference coming up and a ton of paperwork, plus doing a funeral for a woman I barely knew, and preaching an 8 PM service at a college 2 hours away has made me one tired preacher), I thought I'd come back with my rationale for choosing Bosnia - HerzegoviNa.

The round will be judged on whose flags have the most similarities so I tried to pick one somewhat more unique (even though it was on the fly). Vertical and horizontal stripes are common. A central symbol is common. Some countries have numerous colors and interesting symbols (I loved Swaziland's), but they are symmetrical. The color combination red, white, and blue are common, as are combinations. Almost all are rectanglular, and one of our mates has already picked a uniquely-shaped flag (forgive my failing memory). I also remember a triangular flag but cannot recall to what country it belongs. So, I avoided stripes, central symbols, symmetry and even though this flag's colors are not that unique, its theme is. It does contain stars, which are found on the US and other flags... Oh, heck, I don't know what the great and mighty Quiz Master will decide.

I went with asymmetry of the design within the rectangle trying to out-smart my ship mates.

--------------------
(unknown)

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

Eliminated for failing to post:
Genevieve
Hart

QUALIFIERS:
Angel Wrestler
Chicklegirl
Davelarge
Doublethink
Flags_Fiend
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Patdys
Surfing Madness
The Great Gumby
The Pilgrim

--------------------

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(23 hours 31 minutes. Ouch. Note to self: better check in a bit more frequently than previously, if you want to stay in the hunt.)

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND TWELVE : COATS OF ARMS

For this round you must pick a Coat of Arms, name that Coat and post a link to a picture of the Arms.

Also Rans should enter and their entries will count in the final analysis.

I will try and find things in common between the Coats of Arms. The two (or more) people with the most things in common will be eliminated.

Good Luck.

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

A point of information, please.

When you say name the coat of arms, you mean give the family name the coat of arms represents, right? You don't mean assigning it a new name like "Griffins and Dragons," do you?

--------------------
(unknown)

jedijudy

# 333

Well, let's see if I can get this right.

Looking here, I hope that I sort of understand the rules correctly.

This site has a nice catalog of arms.

So...I will choose the name Ward, which is a family name.

I like the blue and yellow!

It's hard to be the first one to choose. Let's see how this w*rks out. Every round is like grace, one never knows if one will be knocked out or not! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

I going to choose the family crest that is closest to my own surname. My great-grandfather was, apparently, a von Schulz when he came to America before WWI, and the "von" was dropped at immigration. I'm a direct male-line descendant, but I don't think my grandfather was the oldest son (Dad and I were the only sons of our generation). And so I present (slight warning: the bicorn rampant is a bit more so than one might expect) the Schultz family coat of arms according to this one website I found.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Judy!

I found Durand (which is the correct spelling of Duran from the movie..)

Duran(d)

[Big Grin]

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:

Sorry Quizzy, but I don't think that meets any normal definition of the Mode. <snip more mode stuff>
I am guessing the QM was writing an acronym when he wrote MODE...but which one? According to acronymfinder dot com:

** MODE Mid-Ocean Dynamics Experiment
** MODE Middeck Zero Gravity Dynamics (Experiment)
** MODE Management and Organizational Development for Empowerment, Inc (Queen City, Philippines)
* MODE Microsoft Office Developer Edition
* MODE Mode Operations (DAMMS-R)

QM: could you tell us what you are trying to communicate when you post "MODE"? Or not, as you please.

(ETA: the question mark. It makes more sense, no?)

[ 14. October 2008, 00:37: Message edited by: ephemera ]

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

Well, hmmmm.... I was adopted so I don't have any idea what my biological family coat of arms might be. I also don't know if my married name is spelled correctly (there is a pretty profound discrpency in spelling). That might leave my mother's maiden name or my own maiden name, which I choose not to put on the internet.

So there's my choice: Ellis

P.S. Why do they always have an armored helmet pointing left at the top of the crests? Surely they can't ALL have that symbol.

[ 14. October 2008, 00:55: Message edited by: Angel Wrestler ]

--------------------
(unknown)

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After much consideration(about 2 seconds) I choose the Ankh-Morpork coat of arms.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

Just because I like to be predictable...

Coat of Arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea which CFC's crest is based on. And this lion is already on my coat, but will be appearing (tattooed) on my arm soon, hopefully. (I love a good pun!)

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016