homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by icklejen:
Dl and I had a debate about whether or not Wales is a nation. It never occurred to me that the Vatican City wasn't.

You should have stuck with that thought - because Vatican City is indeed the world's smallest independent state, and has been since 1929. It has its own passports, currency (or did until it joined the Euro, anyway), seat on the UN and everything.

Wikipedia has all the answers.

I looked on Wiki too - but it's a city-state, and I wasn't sure if that's the same as a nation. and we had to leave Ontario to drive home, and I knew the round was likely to end before we got back into civilization. So I was hedging my bets.

Happy thanksgiving by the way [Smile]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The coat of arms for my maiden, Roberts, seems a bit blah to me (but will have to suffice as an entry for the present). Meanwhile, I'm off to try my hand at creating my own new coat of arms, if anyone cares to join me ...

[ 14. October 2008, 06:17: Message edited by: chicklegirl ]

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Coming from Sussex I pick their coat of arms. Here is a brief history and here is a link to West Sussex conuty council sight, scroll down to see the full coat of arms (as opposed to the little one in the corner.)

[ 14. October 2008, 07:06: Message edited by: Surfing Madness ]

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose the coat of arms of swaziland because it has an elephant and a lion on it!

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I considered going for Bahrain's coat of arms, because it has the same funky jagged line running across it, but that would be boring.

Instead, I'll go for the town of Kosice's coat of arms, as it was the first town in Europe to be granted its own, and it's been unchanged for over 500 years.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick the coat of arms for the Republic of the Seychelles because the Seychelles has me heart.

[ 14. October 2008, 09:15: Message edited by: ephemera ]

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am going to post the coat of arms for the city of cork. I rather like this 3 D version. A more traditional representation can be found here.

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:
P.S. Why do they always have an armored helmet pointing left at the top of the crests? Surely they can't ALL have that symbol.

They don't. I believe it indicates a Knightly family, but as I'm no expert when it comes to heraldry so that may be completely wrong.

My chosen crest is that of my Alma Mater, the University of Leeds.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Bishkek because I have never heard of the place and the coat of arms is like none I've ever seen before!

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose the coat of arms of my native town Bristol , which features mythical beasts, a castle and a ship. It's also featured on the shirts of the best rugby team in the world!

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Going for brinkmanship are you Dave? [Frown]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, he only said best rugby team, not best team. So he doesn't have to sleep on the couch. [Biased]
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I shall offer the coat of arms for Bullworth Academy The HORRIBLE boarding school that is the set for the video game "Bully". Not anything nearly as nice as Hogwarts! Their motto: Canis Canem Edit

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The things you learn here,
I googled to see if there was a Coat of Arms for Florida, and I came up with this!

I hadn't even known before that there is another Florida! [Smile]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nutmeg:
Going for brinkmanship are you Dave? [Frown]

Ticking all the boxes [Big Grin]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose the coat of Dr Octopus, the villain of Spiderman 3.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
er, DT ?
Doc Ock was the villain in Spiderman 2, not 3
It even says so on your picture.

[ 14. October 2008, 18:09: Message edited by: Wet Kipper ]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oops, typo !

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My coat of arms. I tried to find a picture of a coat that was literally made of arms (weapons, presumably. Too gruesome otherwise.) That'll have to do, however. Though, if anyone can find me a literal coat of arms, I request that Quizmaster give them a point.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
My coat of arms. I tried to find a picture of a coat that was literally made of arms (weapons, presumably. Too gruesome otherwise.) That'll have to do, however. Though, if anyone can find me a literal coat of arms, I request that Quizmaster give them a point.

Is this more what you were thinking of? Click the first picture that is inside the castle. - not quite but more what you were thinking of?

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, I do mean the link I used though perhaps I was being a tad silly [Biased] .

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here is the coat of arms of Sir Francis Drake, famous creamtealand seafarer.

And here is a modern version.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You all came up with such good coats of arms! Perhaps I posted too early, but I'm so swamped these days I'm afraid of the round ending and getting eliminated for failure to post. Gee... Can you tell I'm just a *little* competitive? [Biased]

i love the idea of a "coat" of "arms." One does have the right to BARE arms , too! [Killing me]

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But out of concern for you and the safety of your money, Angel Wrestler, do you think it was a good idea to post your mother's maiden name online (crest, or no crest)? That is the question the banks usually ask to verify if you are you. And, of course, you never know how many Nigerian email scammers read the Ship of Fools.... [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Eliminated for failing to post:
Patdys

QUALIFIERS:
Angel Wrestler
Chicklegirl
Davelarge
Doublethink
Flags_Fiend
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Surfing Madness
The Great Gumby
The Pilgrim

The final bakers dozen!

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ROUND THIRTEEN : LUCKY CHARMS

In this round you must choose a lucky charm.

You must then explain how and why it is lucky.

Once all the competitors (and any Also Rans) have posted you should send me a PM with your Top Ten Charms.

10 points for first place down to 1 point for 10th.

The person with the fewest points (i.e. least convincing arguments) will be eliminated.

Your votes will be published once the count is over.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
But out of concern for you and the safety of your money, Angel Wrestler, do you think it was a good idea to post your mother's maiden name online (crest, or no crest)? That is the question the banks usually ask to verify if you are you. And, of course, you never know how many Nigerian email scammers read the Ship of Fools.... [Ultra confused]

Thanks for your concern. I wondered that myself, but I usually use another password one of my kids came up with during their baby talk days.

--------------------
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Richard Wiseman has this to say about luck. I choose to believe he is right - luck is about mental attitude, therefore it follows that anything I believe is lucky will be lucky.

So I ask myself, what would I always want upon my person - what would make me truly happy ? A rabbits foot and a four leaf clover - I can't do anything with them. Or a nail, penny or polished stone I found.

Chocolate on the other hand, I can't really visualise a situation in which I wouldn't want chocolate.

I believe that Chocolate is to my luck, what spinach is to Popeye's muscles.

Chocolate is the food of the Gods - even the name that science gives to the better part of it (theobromine) says this. It sustained the home front in the blitz and the troops on the march, it enhances your mood, supplies you with anti-oxidants, suppresses your cough, boosts your sex-drive, comforts you against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, people have created art from it, in an emergency you can write with it, or fashion a water cup out of it, through fairtrade it changes the world - it is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, it is my lucky charm, my amulet, my talisman, my universal solution (and if I am to be entirely honest - my substitute for a meaningful relationship and a cat), it is what Jesus would have served at the last supper if he'd spent his gap year in Peru.

--------------------

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose the rainbow. It's beautiful, and a prominent symbol of luck across many cultures. It's a a sign of God's covenant in Judaism and Christianity (no more Floods: yay!). There's a pot of gold at the end of it in Irish mythology. It's the Bifrost bridge to Asgard in Norse Mythology. It's the path of Iris in Greek mythology. It's the bow of Indra in Indian mythology. And it always makes me happy to see one in the rain.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Lucky Charms cereal!

Hearts, Moons, Clovers, Stars..

It has it all!

Lucky Charms

Who couldn't get lucky with all that! (And on a good sugar high to boot...)

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I used to have a lucky rabbit's foot. During the time I had the rabbits foot I had a car accident, failed classes at school, suffered injury to my knee, had a girlfriend break up with me right before basic training in the military, I ended up in basic training in the military, I got demoted, and suffered several stitches from various cuts. The morning after I lost the foot I decided to change breakfast foods to lucky charms and met Pata that night. Since she already choose the "charms" I choose the next luckiest thing I know of, the rabbit's foot. Hey, bad luck is still a type of luck and that rabbit's foot had a bunch of bad luck. Just ask the rabbit.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, not one of my lightsabers! [Razz]

This bust of Bach (given to me by one of my students) is not only a good luck charm, but an inspiration to practice more and aspire to greater musical efforts!

Bless little Austin's heart, he pleased Miss Jedi so much when he presented me with the tiny bust of Sebastian. (He knew who my favorite composer is!)

Not only does Mini-Bach do wonders for me and my spirits, but he is so encouraging to the choir, too!

What makes me think it's a good luck charm? Well, since he's been in the choir room, I don't think a Sunday has gone by without someone stopping me to comment on how wonderful the choir sounded that day, and how meaningful the words of the anthem were.

So, it must be Bach, right?

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Donald Trump said, "Everything in life is luck."

Horace said, "Fortune makes a fool of those she favors too much. "

Personally, I think we make our own luck, or rather as Louis Pasteur had it: "Chance favors the prepared mind."

So my "good luck" charm is a keychain my dad once gave me with a charm just like this one. Iʼitoi (or "the Man in the Maze") is a motif from the mythology of Hopi, Navajo, and several other Southwestern tribes, and essentially symbolizes the choices and experiences we make in our lives leading us our dreams and goals.

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bugger.
Oh well. Next year maybe.
Hmmm. Now luck charms...

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

I enter my university house mate's lucky pants. Their mystical powers were wrought in the forge of ages back in the depths of time, when they were endowed with the ability to make any woman fall into the wearer's deadly trap of passion.

I have it on good authority that he used them to score some action in Morrison's car park on at least two occasions, with several near misses (not quite sure what that means) as well.

However, I think that the pants' powers are at least a little suspect since icklejen never fell for his charms, despite numerous (drunken) attempts to ensnare her.

--------------------
Brian Clough

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

So I googled lucky charms and this appeared. Not necessarily work safe. Apparently your favorite Lucky Charms marshmallow bit shape determines what you're like in bed. [Eek!]

The lucky charm I'm entering is the Croation Waterpolo team's moustaches from this years Olympics. As seen here!

But they did lose in the semis - so maybe not that lucky after all. But still my highlight of the games!

ij x

edited to add - maybe Dave is sleeping on the couch after all.

[ 15. October 2008, 03:22: Message edited by: icklejen ]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Chorister. Sorry for my typo.

Here is my coat of arms . I suppose it is what Gwai was looking for, but it is also what I thought of when I read Quizzy's requirements. I like the double meaning of sleeves and weapons that show up here.

Lucky charms: I choose my cross. I never considered luck involved with it, but I suppose one could look at it that way. I do wear it all the time, and use it to help remember what is right to remember to do. I would be rather upset if anything would happen to this particular one, since it was given to me by my spiritual father. Monetary value: 0, since it is made of two sticks put together with a hole for a cord.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ok, there's something really funny about telling about my cross, and then clicking back and seeing Icklejen's frowning naked men in hats. I hope she gets a point for that picture!

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

As i was brought up not to believe in lucky charms i've never had one. thinking back i've decided this is a good idea. I therefor enter nothing as my luck charm, this has the advantage that you don't have to remember to take it with you at any point. This is a very important quality in my book, as the closest i've come to a luck charm is when i had to use them as a prop in a school play when i was six, and i left them in the classroom, so didn't have them on the stage at the vital moment! [Help]

--------------------

Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
rugasaw, I saw your post and was reminded of this:
Reattaching Lucky Rabbits Feet.

Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Going on the theory that a four leaf clover is supposedly lucky, I'll choose the 21 leaf clover mentioned here (you have to read through the second paragraph to find it). As if one extra leaf brings luck, think how much extra luck you would have by having 18 extra leaves!

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

For my lucky charm I will choose this sign.

If I were travelling and saw a sign like this I would think myself lucky to have directions like that and if I managed to survive it I would also consider myself lucky (so obviously it works). I think these directions would have saved more than one traveller, and the photos of it provided much amusement and fond memories for the tourists.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, it's commonly held that a lock of hair from a baby's first haircut will bring good luck, and as Chicklegirl mentioned earlier, it's also often said that you make your own luck, so my lucky charm, combining the two, will be a lock of hair from my son's first haircut, as I did the cutting myself, and had more than a little involvement in his existence.

No picture of the lock of hair available, but how could I be considered unlucky with a cute little boy like this?

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will choose Austin Powers' MOJO! Yeah Baby! It's great to have your Mojo be part of who you are! It would take someone with the criminal genius of a Dr. Evil to take it from you.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Aww, GG! He's adorable!! [Axe murder]

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

It's not "lucky," as I don't believe in lucky charms, but I have one of those little cheap metal crosses I keep in my coin purse. If it could be considered luck at all, I'd say that I was lucky to have a relationship with Christ. Whenever I go for coins, I see the little cross and, while it's not a deep religious moment, it's one that reminds me of who and Whose I am.

Here's the corny, accompanying poem:
I carry a cross in my pocket
A simple reminder to me
Of the fact that I am a Christian
No matter where I may be.

[full text here]

[ 15. October 2008, 19:47: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------
(unknown)

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

Oops - was trying to edit. Sorry for the double post.

And yes, GG, he is indeed beautiful.

--------------------
(unknown)

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

quote:
Originally posted by Lady A:
rugasaw, I saw your post and was reminded of this:
Reattaching Lucky Rabbits Feet.

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
(unknown)

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll go for good old-fashioned Plastic Jesus [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
I'll go for good old-fashioned Plastic Jesus [Big Grin]

All together now! - "Ohhhh, I don't care if it rains or freezes, long as I got my plastic Jezuz a sittin on the dash board of my car,...."

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016