homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose a lucky horseshoe. I used to have one above my garden shed but the roof kept blowing off and the rain kept getting in. Just think what bad luck I could have had if the horseshoe wasn't there!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My lucky charm is a Friendship Bracelet because there is a story attached.

When my niece was 3 years old she wanted to buy me a present and in the shop she visited there was a wide variety of items including many friendship bracelets. Her parents told me that she examined all the bracelets in the shop to make sure I got the right one.

The bracelet cost her about three pence and it is still the most valuable present I ever got.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All the competitors have posted so I now need your votes via PM. Voting is not compulsory but you might as well have your input to the results.

The next person eliminated will be knocked out as a result of the vote.

Take 24 hours break while the votes are counted.

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My "lucky charm" that I carry with me at all times is a old, worn, brass bell (sans clapper) from Tibet. I found it at a crafts fair from a person who imported beautiful beads from Tibet. It was in a bin off to the side with lots of other Tibetan things. It cost very little. It is totally worn through on one edge of the rim and the entire surface is worn quite smooth.

I am not under any delusion that this lovely bell was ever used or even touched by some Tibetan monk. No, this beauteous bell was most probably worn by a goat or sheep while moving up and down the local hills. Besides it's beauty, I value this bit of brass because it lived in Tibet. Tibet. Somewhere I would love to go, and will never set foot in. It is my connection to a totally wild place on earth that I love. When I look at it, it touches something in me that is mine alone. No one knows that spot, but me.

When I die, put it in my hand, please.

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tick, tock, tick, tock...

And time moves on....

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

It all takes time - a thread has been building at the other place.

The Table of Votes:

84 Chicklegirl
79 Nutmeg
69 Icklejen
65 Jedijudy
61 PataLeBon
60 Doublethink
59 The Great Gumby
57 Quizmaster
55 Mertseger
46 Marvin the Martian
41 Surfing Madness
37 The Pilgrim
35 Flags_Fiend
33 Davelarge
31 Ephemera
29 CuppaT
17 Angel Wrestler
8 Chorister
8 Rugasaw
6 Lady A

Eliminated on the vote:
Angel Wrestler

Welcome to the Also Ran party

QUALIFIERS:
Chicklegirl
Davelarge
Doublethink
Flags_Fiend
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Surfing Madness
The Great Gumby
The Pilgrim

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND FOURTEEN : AUTOMOBILES

What type of car do you think your fellow competitors would love to drive?

You must post the name of your chosen car together with a link to a picture of that car.

Once all the competitors (and any Also Rans) have chosen a car you should PM your top 10 cars.

I shall award 10 points for top down to 1 point for 10th place. The lowest points total is out.

Your votes will be published once counting is done.

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

I choose for you the Bugatti EB 110 SS that impressed me so much when I attended the 1994 Le Mans 24 hour race.

How can you not like this car?

--------------------

Caty S.

I read, therefore I am.
# 11996

- Posted      Profile for Caty S.   Email Caty S.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chitty chitty bang bang. Most of the capabilites of the cars driven by James Bond, with far more character.
Posts: 2119 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since I'm an old school kinda gal, I submit for your driving pleasure this sporty little number: the 1958 Chevrolet Corvette "Fuelie" Roadster.

Mmmm. And vrrrooom!

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How can you not want ... The Venturi Fetish - its an electric sports car, the best available today. Pose whilst saving the planet, amaze bystanders, confuse your parents, get a fetish no one can criticise ...

quote:

Performance
0 to 100 km/h : 4 secs
Range : 290 Km (at 90km/hr stabilized)
Top speed: 180 Km/hr (on race track)

Built by hand to order in the principality of Monaco, only 25 made and they cost 297000 euro new - The Venturi Fetish - because the KOQ is worth it.

[ 16. October 2008, 22:30: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
It all takes time - a thread has been building at the other place.

The Table of Votes:

84 Chicklegirl
79 Nutmeg
69 Icklejen
65 Jedijudy
61 PataLeBon
60 Doublethink
59 The Great Gumby
57 Quizmaster
55 Mertseger
46 Marvin the Martian
41 Surfing Madness
37 The Pilgrim
35 Flags_Fiend
33 Davelarge
31 Ephemera
29 CuppaT
17 Angel Wrestler
8 Chorister
8 Rugasaw
6 Lady A

Eliminated on the vote:
Angel Wrestler

Welcome to the Also Ran party

QUALIFIERS:
Chicklegirl
Davelarge
Doublethink
Flags_Fiend
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Surfing Madness
The Great Gumby
The Pilgrim

Harumph! [Mad]

Actually, I'm a bit confused. If others got lower votes than I did, how is it that I'm eliminated and they're not? Double harumph. [Mad] [Mad]

Then again, others were also not listed as "qualifiers." Are you singling me out, O Great Quizmaster, or am I missing something? [Confused]

Good luck everyone else!

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm going with a very similar car as Doublethink. A lot less expensive and a bit slower, but it's one I might actually buy within the next decade: the Tesla roadster. It's a local product, and I was able to see one up close in front of a neighboring building. Quite gorgeous though the cab's a bit small. I can't wait for it to go into full production and come down in price.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cars, hmmm.

There is this convertible.

I really like it.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:
Actually, I'm a bit confused. If others got lower votes than I did, how is it that I'm eliminated and they're not?

Those entries were from Also Rans. But don't take it personally; now you can join the party in the Also-Ran Skybox, and Jedijudy's serving up an excellent spread!

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Munster Koach ! You can find its specs here.

I used to love to watch The Munsters on after-school re-runs on the UHF channels. Sure other cars can do a lot of flashy stuff, but you gotta admit, this one is U-NIQUE!

Grandpa's gold casket hot rod car is pretty cool, too.

--------------------
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

quote:
Originally posted by chicklegirl:
quote:
Actually, I'm a bit confused. If others got lower votes than I did, how is it that I'm eliminated and they're not?

Those entries were from Also Rans. But don't take it personally; now you can join the party in the Also-Ran Skybox, and Jedijudy's serving up an excellent spread!
Oooohhhh!

No one liked my lucky charm. [Waterworks]

--------------------
(unknown)

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd like this Formula One car, but only after Lewis Hamilton has driven it to victory in both the Chinese and Brazilian Grand Prixs.

But Lewis winning the World Championship is looking about as likely as me getting the car. [Waterworks]

ij x

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, I had several ideas for this round. I could have entered this fast looking automobile, or maybe this piece of bling on wheels, or the sports-shoe car. I also found this: is it a beetle or is it a tortoise and this classic piece of americana.

But no, none of those are good enough for you highly tuned competitors.

Ladies and gentlemen (and patdys), I give you [drum_roll] The one and only Kitt!!!![/drum_roll]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, dl, you have waaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.

If I'd have known I could have found something to keep you occupied. [Biased] The fish tank needs cleaning out for a start, and then there's the laundry... [Razz]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Harkening back, I choose the Genevieve. I think any of us would love the chance to drive her for a while.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No one makes cars like the Italians. A 1957 Bugatti is my choice. It is the essence of classic automotive design and performance. The operative word here is "class."

[ 17. October 2008, 05:59: Message edited by: ephemera ]

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After much thought i choose a car that is also a boat. The "duck" amphibious vehicle. I mean who would want a car that meant they could also take their friends for a boat trip?

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ahh missed the edit window, got distracted by the other place!! I think you can all work out what i would edit on the above post.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
whilst deciding on a car to pick I found this, which is quite a fun way to pick a car. But for pure comedy value who wouldn't want to try driving this (it's the car from the Flintstones)!

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well I can hardly compete with your entries. I love the tortoise car DL. Very nice indeed.

I think it was William Morris who said
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”.

My car is not beautiful but I believe it is the multifunctional vehicle for the modern church going urban terrorist. I present for you my selection. , the Churchtank.

I loved the choices this vehicle gave you. Stuck in traffic? No problem, you could either pray for a break in the traffic, or just blast it out of the way. It will make travelling to church obselete, just think of the possibilities... wedding on the run, mobile baptisms, or funerals on demand.

[ 17. October 2008, 08:35: Message edited by: Nutmeg ]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did anyone say " shotgun wedding" [Killing me] , oh I love that car....

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wacky races, hey, hey hey,
Wacky races, hey, hey, hey.

Now you, too, can be Dick Dastardly and Muttley (or, if you prefer, Penelope Pitstop) in your own personal reconstituted, remastered, Wacky-Races-mobile!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stackable cars!

CityCar

Now that is the kind of car we need to be able to reduce traffic.

And if you get jammed up, they will just stack instead of crash!

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wanted to pick the Nanocar, because it's as unattainable as the most mouthwateringly gorgeous sportscar, but apparently, it isn't technically a car. Boo!

I quite liked this small radio-controlled car, measuring just 5mm in length, but was unable to find a name for it. Which is a shame, because for its size, its top speed of 0.22mph is the equivalent of the McLaren F1, the fastest naturally-aspirated car in the world, going at 1,886mph, instead of its comparatively weedy top speed of 243mph.

So instead, I went for The Mean Machine, as driven by Dick Dastardly. (Here's a real-life picture.) A strange choice, bearing in mind that Dastardly never won a single one of the Wacky Races, but consider this: the car contained more gadgets than all James Bond's cars put together, including the ability to fly, and was easily the fastest car in the field, as Dastardly always stopped to lay a trap for the rest of the field, who were trailing in his wake. Considering the speed and abilities of the other cars, that makes it pretty special, despite a lack of published specifications, and if driven by someone a little less, well, dastardly, it would undoubtedly outperform just about any car in the world.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

Gumby, I thought Chorister already picked that one...

But I have been known to be wrong...

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bollocks! That's what happens when I have to go to a meeting in the middle of my post!

Back in a tick...

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Right, thanks to PataleBon for the helpful pointer. Helpful point please, Quizzy. I've now given a brilliant reason for everyone to vote for Chorister, so let's get onto my real choice.

I choose Herbie. My reasons? Everyone loves a Beetle, and I'm no exception. Herbie can drive faster than any souped-up sportscar, foil would-be car thieves, and even crack international crime rings by the simple method of squirting them with water/oil, shutting doors on their hands and other slapstick fun. And the best thing is, Herbie has often been known to drive without the engine running, so he would be a genuine zero-carbon car.

Fast, secure, zero-carbon, and lovable - what more could you want?

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Aston Martin DB9

You can go for the cutesy, weird or novelty vehicles all you want, but when it comes down to it this is the finest thing on the road. And it's British-built to boot! Of course you want it [Big Grin]

That tank thing would never fit in the garage anyway...

[yow. what happened there?]

[ 17. October 2008, 13:24: Message edited by: Marvin the Martian ]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wouldn't this flying car be awesome to own? [Big Grin] This is the Moller M400. I gotta get one of these! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Wouldn't this flying car be awesome to own?

It certainly would, though I wouldn't want to be in one if it broke down [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My favorite car to drive arguably isn't a car, but it remains the only kind of car I have any affection for.
Why should you like it? It's exceedingly cheap, green, and easy to park!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Wouldn't this flying car be awesome to own?

It certainly would, though I wouldn't want to be in one if it broke down [Ultra confused]
Party Pooper! [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've always wanted to drive a Cord Roadster with the top down! These are beauties! Especially the red one at the end of the page.

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now I know all of you think you have the perfect car. But my car of choice can truly do it all. Don't laugh! Just ask a farmer which car he'd rather have.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

We have a complete set of contestant entries and a good few Also Ran entries.

Can I have your top 10 via PM now.

(Judy, when you get your Moller M400 I will be over for a joyride).

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have done a little list ...

• Quizmaster - Bugatti EB 110 SS
  • Caty. - Chitty chitty bang bang.
  • chicklegirl - 1958 Chevrolet Corvette "Fuelie" Roadster.
  • Doublethink - Venturi Fetish
  • Angel Wrestler - the Munster Koach
  • Mertseger - Tesla roadster
  • sharkshooter - Rolls Royce Drophead Coupe
  • icklejen - Lewis Hamilton's Formula One car
  • davelarge - Kitt
  • CuppaT - Genevieve
  • ephemera - 1957 Bugatti
  • Surfing Madness - the "duck" amphibious vehicle
  • flags_fiend - the car from the Flintstones
  • Nutmeg - the churchtank
  • Chorister - Wacky-Races-mobile
  • PataLeBon - CityCar (stackable car)
  • The Great Gumby - Herbie
  • Marvin the Martian - the Aston Martin DB9
  • jedijudy - the Moller M400 (flying car)
  • Gwai - bicycle
  • the pilgrim - Cord Roadster
  • rugasaw - 1949 Ford F3 Pickup Truck

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
We have a complete set of contestant entries and a good few Also Ran entries.

Can I have your top 10 via PM now.

(Judy, when you get your Moller M400 I will be over for a joyride).

I think that's a "Nice Point" for QM! [Smile]

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

I'm surprised no one chose an American favorite:

1958 Bel Air Convertible

--------------------
(unknown)

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
I'm surprised no one chose an American favorite:

1958 Bel Air Convertible

Today would have been a beautiful day to go for a ride! [Cool]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

The thread has been built in the other place.

The voting table:

69 Nutmeg
58 Jedijudy
53 Davelarge
50 Doublethink
49 Marvin the Martian
48 Chicklegirl
47 Caty
43 PataLeBon
40 Quizmaster
40 Rugasaw
38 Chorister
32 Mertseger
32 The Pilgrim
27 Ephemera
31 Icklejen
31 Surfing Madness
29 Gwai
26 Flags_Fiend
25 The Great Gumby
21 Angel Wrestler
21 Sharkshooter
15 CuppaT

And, desperately unlucky, as it was not his first choice, Herbie takes The Great Gumby to the Also Ran party.

QUALIFIERS:

Chicklegirl
Davelarge
Doublethink
Flags_Fiend
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Surfing Madness
The Pilgrim

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND FIFTEEN : WORLD SERIES BASEBALL

This is the one you have been waiting for.

I need you to post

1) THE WINNING TEAM
2) THE SERIES SCORE
3) THE SCORE OF THE FINAL GAME
4) THE INNINGS OF THAT FINAL GAME

These predictions must have been made before the first ball is pitched in anger.

The competitor furthest from the truth will be eliminated.

Good Luck, and enjoy the series, before we reconvene once it is over.

--------------------

Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
These predictions must have been made before the first ball is pitched in anger.

And here I thought the first ball would be pitched in Philadelphia.

I'll go with:

1)Tampa Bay
2)4-3
3)5-3 (Tampa, obviously)
4)
code:
Inning       1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
Philadelphia 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
Tampa Bay 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 2 0

[ 20. October 2008, 21:38: Message edited by: Mertseger ]

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

Ahhhh, the World Series!

My predictions:

Winner: Phillies
Series score: 4-3
Final game score: Phillies-6, Rays-4
Innings:
Phillies 1,0,0,2,0,1,0,0,2
Rays 0,0,0,0,3,0,0,1,0

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

1) Phillies
2) 5-2
3) 6-4
4)
Inning 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Philadelphia 2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 2
Tampa Bay 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016