homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Starting in the early 90's a statistician by the name of Bill James developed and advocated a set of more meaningful statistical measures for baseball which became known as sabermetirics. It is fairly certain that his work became the basis for a highly successful run by the Oaklnad A's under the management of Billy Beane. James' Abstracts would be the equivalent that you are looking for in baseball.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
C'mon Rays!!! [Frown]

Well, I guess the Phillies have to win three games!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
C'mon Rays!!! [Frown]

I don't think they heard you, Jedijudy. You'll have to cheer a bit louder next time. [Razz]

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eliab:
quote:
Originally posted by the pilgrim:
Singing the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" became a part of the tradition early in the last century when public group singing was still a common occurence and people still do it out of tradition when they would never dream of singing in public otherwise.

I've been to exactly one baseball game ever (Yankees v. Blue Jays while on holiday in New York in 2004) but I am fully prepared to assert on that limited evidence that precisely no fucker sings anything at all when the tune "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" is played in the seventh inning.
Perhaps you happened to visit on the annual righteous priests, nuns and other chaste fans day at Yankee stadium?

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must say, that as a long term supporter of the English cricket team, all this confusion about a bit of rain is rather amusing! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a good thing I'm not the nail biting type.

I understand rain is forecast for tonight, also.

I'm not sure why baseball games can be stopped or delayed for rain. I'm sure someone will find the relevant information somewhere! [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...I'm not sure why baseball games can be stopped or delayed for rain. I'm sure someone will find the relevant information somewhere! [Razz]

Risk of injury. The teams pay their players too much for them to slip in the mud and pull a hamstring.

Of course, the game, having completed at least 5 innings, with the ability to declare a winner, should have been called official, not suspended.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
I'd love the statistical brains behind this book to do a similar job on baseball.

Stephen Jay Gould's 'Full House' (published as 'Life's Grandeur' in the UK) deals with baseball stats (principally the disappearance of 0.400 batting averages at the highest level, but touches on hitting streaks and the like as well).

quote:
Originally posted by the pilgrim:
Perhaps you happened to visit on the annual righteous priests, nuns and other chaste fans day at Yankee stadium?

Perhaps, but I doubt it. They seemed pretty animated when the Blue Jays opener (whose name I remember as Russ Abbot, but I suspect that is my brain playing tricks on me) hit a home run off the first ball.

That was my second baseball faux pas. It seems that you get very dirty looks for applauding good play by the visitors. The correct ettiquette is to boo loudly (I assume, by way of reprobation of one's own pitcher - a curious way of encouraging his better performance, I'd've thought, and indeed, the Yankees did go on to lose).

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
quote:
...I'm not sure why baseball games can be stopped or delayed for rain. I'm sure someone will find the relevant information somewhere! [Razz]

Risk of injury. The teams pay their players too much for them to slip in the mud and pull a hamstring.

Of course, the game, having completed at least 5 innings, with the ability to declare a winner, should have been called official, not suspended.

Don't (American) football players continue as long as the rain isn't too heavy? I've seen them play in the snow, but that's a different consistency.

I didn't make a prediction (also ran) because I was too swamped with work to keep up with the games, but I thought I'd post to stay friendly. [Axe murder]

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
American football is a different kind of running though. Also, there's nothing more obnoxious to move on than wet fake-grass.
But soccer games don't seem to get called for nasty weather. Why don't people worry about them hurting themselves?

[ 28. October 2008, 20:36: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

It can't be called official if they are tied. And I heard that they aren't playing tonight because of the rain. They'll play tomorrow if the rain stops.

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Phillies 3, Rays 1, Mother Nature 3. If another game is disrupted due to weather does Mother Nature win?

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, then, here's my prediction and entry into this round!

Mother Nature wins! [Yipee]

--------------------
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:
It can't be called official if they are tied.

Not exactly...

The game was in the sixth inning, so the score would revert to the end of the last complete inning, the fifth (and five being the minimun number of innings for a game), at which time the Phillies were leading, and would have been awarded the win.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PataLeBon:
It can't be called official if they are tied.

Not exactly...

The game was in the sixth inning, so the score would revert to the end of the last complete inning, the fifth (and five being the minimun number of innings for a game), at which time the Phillies were leading, and would have been awarded the win.

Not exactly...

The commissioner of Major League Baseball had already made the decision that the game would be played in full. He had contacted the teams but apparently did not get around to contacting the media.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pardon me while I indulge in a bit of (rather unbecoming but entirely warranted) gloating...

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Yay, Phillies!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... (smooths hair and folds hands serenely) ...I'm done now.

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Philadelphia Phillies win the World Series, defeating the Tampa Bay Rays four games to one.

ETA: oops...cross post with chicklegirl.

[ 30. October 2008, 05:45: Message edited by: ephemera ]

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tense times...

[Help]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Congratulations to the Phillies! [Big Grin]

Here's a little gift for Phillies Phans! [Biased]

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Eliminated in the World Series Baseball round:

Davelarge

Qualifiers:

Chicklegirl
Doublethink
Flags_Fiend
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Surfing Madness
The Pilgrim

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wooohooooo !!! Passed my second total ignorance round (first was the football).

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Round Sixteen : Melbourne Cup

Thanks to Nutmeg for the idea for this round.

You must choose ten horses running in the Melbourne Cup next Tuesday. You may choose the same horses as other competitors but the combination of all ten must be different.

Order your horses from 1 to 10 as that will be the decider in the case of any ties.

If you pick the winner you will be safe unless everyone picks the winner. If you then pick the second placed horse you will be safer than if you did not.

In the event of a tie, the person with the lowest number against their horse is safest.

I look forward to seeing your picks.

Entries must be in by Midnight Monday UK time.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Everything you need to know ...

The runners ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Boringly, my picks are as follows:
  • 1st Septimus
  • 2nd Mad Rush
  • 3rd Nom du Jeu
  • 4th Profound Beauty
  • 5th Cest la Guerre
  • 6th Littorio
  • 7th Zipping
  • 8th Bauer
  • 9th Honolulu
  • 10th Viewed

Lets see how wrong the bookies can be ...

[ 30. October 2008, 22:33: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:

The runners ...

[Help] how did double think find two links in the time it took me to find none?

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's my list

1. MAD RUSH
  2. PROFOUND BEAUTY
  3. SEPTIMUS
  4. NOM DE JEU
  5. HONOLULU
  6. C'EST LA GUERRE
  7. ZIPPING
  8. MOATIZE
  9. LITTORIO
  10. YELLOWSTONE

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 MASTER OREILLY
2 MAD RUSH
3 ZIPPING
4 BOOK OF KELLS
5 HONOLULU
6 YELLOWSTONE
7 ICE CHARIOT
8 CHIEFCOMINGFIRST
9 ZARITA
10 PROFOUND BEAUTY

Yet another round that i know nothing about, so far it doesn't seem to have mattered though.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Ah well, I can get back to work now... [Smile]

Thanks Quizzy, it was a blast. Now, is there room for a little'un in the Also Ran box? I've got chocolate-covered almonds! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Brian Clough

flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1. ALESSANDRO VOLTA
2. ALL THE GOOD
3. BARBARICUS
4. BAUER
5. BAUGHURST
6. BOOK OF KELLS
7. BOUNDLESS
8. CAPECOVER
9. CEST LA GUERRE
10. CHIEFCOMINGFIRST

Hope these are OK, no prizes for working out how I picked them [Biased]

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Darn..I'm still in and it's almost November!!!

1. Zipping
2. Profound Beauty
3. Nom de Jeu
4. Honolulu
5. Septimus
6. Mad Rush
7. Viewed
8. Cest La Guerre
9. Littoro
10. All the Good

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

1 Get Up Jude
2 Gallopin
3 Book of Kells
4 Ice Chariot
5 Red Lord
6 Glistening
7 Magic Instinct
8 Saddler's Story
9 Zipping
10 Profound Beauty

I figure my number 1 is a male version of judy, so why not? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Woo Hoo melbourne cup.

We are already planning the cup do at work. It is about equivalent to Christmas really in terms of festive spirit. We have decided on retro party food, you know, the oranges with toothpicks in it and bits of cheese, angels on horseback, soggy tinned asparagus wrapped in crustless white bread. We will also wear hats, and every workplace seems to have a TV on hand to watch the cup. [Big Grin]

I will be leaving mine till later to pick the winners. There is a lot of form guides to examine between now and next Tuesday. One of the great things about Melbourne cup is that the favourites often don't win....

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 SEPTIMUS
2 NOM DU JEU
3 MAD RUSH
4 PROFOUND BEAUTY
5 CEST LA GUERRE
6 LITTORIO
7 ZIPPING
8 YELLOWSTONE
9 VIEWED
10 HONOLULU

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will do this very orderly. I will pick the 5 safest of the safe bets AND the 5 longest of the long shots!

1. Septimus
2. Mad Rush
3. Nom Du Jeu
4. Profound Beauty
5. Cest La Guerre
6. Glistening
7. Magic Instinct
8. Dandaad
9. Capecover
10. Book of Kells

"....Come on Book of Kells........... Come on Book of Kells....."

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
quote:

The runners ...

[Help] how did double think find two links in the time it took me to find none?
Because he can do more than think doubly; he can search doubly, too, I suppose!

Davelarge - welcome to the AR's. [Axe murder]

--------------------
(unknown)

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
Ah well, I can get back to work now... [Smile]

Thanks Quizzy, it was a blast. Now, is there room for a little'un in the Also Ran box? I've got chocolate-covered almonds! [Big Grin]

Chocolate-covered almonds? Then there's definitely room!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angel Wrestler - I think Doublethink is a woman (she did choose chocolate as her lucky charm, so that sounds like a woman to me!).

ij x

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

Oops! I think you're right. I seem to remember another thread that somehow referred to DT as a "she." My apologies, Double Think! [Hot and Hormonal] [Overused]

--------------------
(unknown)

chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

In order from first to last place, here are

C'est La Guerre
Honolulu
Ice Chariot
Chiefcomingfirst
Littorio
Gallopin
Instinct, Magic
Red Ruler
Largo Lad
Septimus

picks for Melbourne!

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

Kudos for that answer chicklegirl! [Overused]

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jezabeel
Champagne
Persian Punch
Taufan’s Melody
Yorkshire
Tie the knot
Faithful Son
Skybeau
Perpetual Check
Markham

You may not recognise these names as they are from the 1998 Melbourne Cup. However, if you ask any Melbournite, Adelaide, where I am posting from is at least 10 years behind the rest of the country. Hence, my winning selection.\

Sportsbet however, has not seen my way of thinking.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

My gender is a mystery wrapped in an enigma hidden in a puzzle box. Which probably explains why I'm still single ...

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
My gender is a mystery wrapped in an enigma hidden in a puzzle box.

Really? There's a new model out for chrismas '08. They've rebranded it as a "evocative mystery wrapped in an impenetrable enigma, hidden in a puzzle box". You should look into it. [Smile]

--------------------
Brian Clough

ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
my picks:

• Nom du Jeu
  • Profound Beauty
  • Red Ruler
  • Pompeii Ruler
  • Bauer
  • Littorio
  • Septimus
  • Zipping
  • Mad Rush
  • Honolulu

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

"...... Come onnnnn Book of Kells,................. Come ooonnnnnn Book of Kells.............."

--------------------

Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yellowstone and Zarita have been scratched from the race.

Hey Jude... did not qualify sorry JJ

There are also threats to withdraw septimus as the track is too firm.

My picks are

1. Mad Rush
2. Nom de Jeu
3. Profound Beauty
4. Septimus
5. C'est La Guerre
6. Barbicus
7. Red Lord
8. Master O'Reilly
9. Guyno
10. Honolulu

Now to go make a silly hat for the race. You have to have a hat for the race you know.

[Roll Eyes]

The Barrier draw is here if anyone is interested.

[ 03. November 2008, 11:01: Message edited by: Nutmeg ]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Should I replace Hey Jude? [Confused]

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ephemera:
  • Red Ruler
  • Pompeii Ruler

I think this should be Red Lord, who's got mixed up with Pompeii Ruler (who also isn't in the field, unless I've missed something).

My also-ran picks are in the form of a story:

Viscount Alessandro Volta, known as the Red Lord due to his Communist sympathies, stood on the roof of his ancestral castle and Viewed the local hunt Galloping in a Mad Rush across its grounds. He despaired that anyone could be so Barbaric; using animals for sport was so pointless, and for such a measly Prize. Lady Volta, a native of Honolulu whose Profound Beauty continued to captivate him, often wished they'd fall into the Moat. "I zealously long to protect the rights of all living creatures", she would say.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
quote:
Originally posted by ephemera:
  • Red Ruler
  • Pompeii Ruler

I think this should be Red Lord, who's got mixed up with Pompeii Ruler (who also isn't in the field, unless I've missed something).
Don't feel bad, Ephemera. I made the same mistake! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
~ Henry David Thoreau

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
1 Get Up Jude
2 Gallopin
3 Book of Kells
4 Ice Chariot
5 Red Lord
6 Glistening
7 Magic Instinct
8 Saddler's Story
9 Zipping
10 Profound Beauty

I figure my number 1 is a male version of judy, so why not? [Big Grin]

If I may, I'd like to replace Jude with Mad Rush.

Oh, and....
[Overused] The GG [Overused]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016