homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
As nobody has been knocked out we will accept entries during ROUND ONE.

The Master is as benevolent, as ever.

The more the merrier - it just means the quiz will last 'till spring. [Smile]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you! You're very gracious, Mr. Quizmaster. [Overused]

The Great Salt Lake

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So have I still got it wrong? Patalebon is maybe picked by Rugasaw?

[Roll Eyes]

Marvin the Martian if your dance card is not full would you care to be picked?

As for my lake I will go for Lake Burley Griffin, a beautiful man made lake in Canberra, a very nice picture here . I also found an aerial shot here, as well as a map here.

Hopefully there are bonus points for man made lakes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
" Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Crimson Lake ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Lake which is a hamlet in West Devon. As you can see from this map there isn't a lake in sight.

But then West Devon is like that - there isn't a chip shop at Chip Shop, either.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My lake is Okeechobee! Lake O covers about 730 square miles. Big O is a great place to go fishing! [Big Grin]

Do I see a brinksmanship competition looming? [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My lake is Lake Vänern in Sweden. It's 5,655 km².

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Lake Texcoco, shrunk from its former glory to a mere 7,500 square kilometers.

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Lake Maxinkuckee . My dad taught me to water-ski up there in the upper right-hand corner. It's 8-square km area should provide plenty of room for others to safely choose whatever lake they prefer.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Before I pick a lake, I must abjectly apologize to Sharkshooter for my literal mind and lack of time to spend googling. [Hot and Hormonal]

[ 15. September 2008, 23:19: Message edited by: Geneviève ]

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And I add my pick:

the beautiful Lake Memphremagog, complete with its very own mascot and spanning two countries!

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

Ok, I goofed. that site does not give the size. But this Vermont website states that the Lake stretches 30 miles from Newport, Vt to Magog, Canada.

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lava lake on Jupiter's moon Lo

It is the size of Hawaii, which is about 10 thousand square miles.

The lake is about 400K. Which in layman's terms means hot, very hot*.

ij xx

* Can you tell that davelarge is trying to teach me some physics? Physics 101: When you drop something it goes downwards.

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm picking Paddy O'Furniture because she would know what lake I am talking about without the link.

Lake Lanier, GA

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6027 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Lake MX190 which can be found on this map.
It is roughly 27 by 7 cm.

Brinkmanship is where you try to post a losing answer. The only thing saving you is either being outbrinked or somebody failing to post before the round ends. Generally, you are relatively safe in the early rounds. But not always. And if you get knocked out, you may still play, so losing isn't the end of the world

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Lake Malawi (formerly called Lake Nyasa) - Africa - 30,044 sq km (11,600 sq mi) in surface area and 7,725 cubic km by volume. It's full of chichlids...lots and lots of beauteous chichlids.

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Lake Charles, LA

Lake Charles

I would pick Surfside, TX as it's under water right now, but it's probably more ocean than lake...

Surfside

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Grasmere, which is one of my favourite places in the Lake District. This picture, and this picture should provide evidence that it's rather picturesque [Smile]

According to Wiki, it is 0.62 square kilometres in size and gets to 75 feet in depth.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lake Huron. 59596 km². (Do I get points for making the ² despite my cowardly pick?)

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Lake WetLittlePuddleAtTheBottomOfMyBathtubWhichIReallyShouldCleanBecause-
There'sARingAroundTheBathtubHighAboveThisPatheticLittleLakeAndAlso -
ThisWimpyLittleLakeHasAName MoreThanAMillionTimesLongerThan -
LakeChargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamauggWhichProbably -
Doesn'tEvenReallyExistOhAndAlsoLet'sThrowInSomeWelshDoubleL's -
IntoThisNameRememberHowDoug LlewellynUsedToBeTheAnnouncerOnThePeople'sCourt -
TakeThatLlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll - Llantysiliogogogoch-
IWinIWinIWin!!!* which is the world's smallest lake as documented half way down this page (search for world's smallest lake) Maps of this lake are hard to find, but I profer this map of Bathtub Lake as a possible option. If that does not satisfy, I also offer a possible photo. However, neither of these offers a estimate of the size of the lake, so I offer the following link which estimates that the maximum size for said puddle is 100 gallons and that only if the bathtub is large and full. I suggest that this lake is probably usually less than even one gallon on a normal day, however.

* Spaces all inserted by me to perhaps avoid breaking scroll lock

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lhamo Lhatso, which gave mystical signs for finding the current Dalai Lama.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Veronica Lake. I do not think a map of this Lake exists but I offer this has a good substitute.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I Chose Lake Baikal

(Crosses fingers as no good at this link thing!!)

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
I pick Grasmere, which is one of my favourite places in the Lake District. This picture, and this picture should provide evidence that it's rather picturesque [Smile]

Indeed. According to QI, however, it isn't a lake. They say Bassenthwaite Lake is the only lake in the Lake District, and the others are meres, waters or tarns.

I choose Lake Aircraft, as rugasaw pipped me to Veronica.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Swan Lake which appears all over the world but generally contains no water whatsoever, dancers being sensitive about that sort of thing.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I select Lake Manitou, which has a surface area of 104 square kilometres.

It is located in Manitoulin Island, which is itself within Lake Huron. Lake Manitou is the largest "lake within a lake" in the world. Cool, huh?

It can be seen on this map, on the right side of the island.

Many more interesting facts about lakes can be found here, should anyone still be interested.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Lake Toba - the largest volcanic lake in the world, situated on the island of Sumatra. Its also a super-volcano, and the last time it errupted, it was super-colossal!! It is 100Km by 30km with a maximum depth of 505m.

[ 16. September 2008, 09:56: Message edited by: fletcher christian ]

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Toba
sorry, forgot to post this bit

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

quote:
Originally posted by Sha_Sha:
I'm picking Paddy O'Furniture because she would know what lake I am talking about without the link.

Lake Lanier, GA

I know we can pick any sort of "lake", as the posters have brilliantly demonstrated, but does Lake Lanier actually have any water right now, with the drought?

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
According to QI, however, it isn't a lake.

Aggg.

Quizzy, what are the rules regarding changing answers when someone very helpfully (please give Gumby a helpfulness point!) shows that one is in error?

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lake Michigan has many different beautiful spots, city and rural. I grew up canoeing at a camp near it, and lived of my adult life within a couple miles of it. My children walked along the rocks with us and swam at the beaches.

CuppaT

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I choose Lake Aircraft, as rugasaw pipped me to Veronica.

Oooh! A "push-me-pull-you"!! [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose Lake Odessa , Michigan, the town were I pastor the First Congregational Church situated on the beautiful shores of Jordan Lake. With 2300 human residents I believe Lake Odessa to be larger than any lake listed so far, most of which have ZERO human residents from the information I can gather. Remember, life is good in the palm of God's hand.

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Aggg.

Quizzy, what are the rules regarding changing answers when someone very helpfully (please give Gumby a helpfulness point!) shows that one is in error?

I had this exact conversation yesterday with dl - that Wiki says it is a mere not a lake and dl did not believe me! (Where is the 'stamps foot petulantly' smilie?)

[ 16. September 2008, 15:02: Message edited by: icklejen ]

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm impressed with the sideways thinking going on here!!! Most of my friends moan that i think that i think sideways, but i'm in awe of somepeoples ablity to think sideways!!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There is always Greg Lake.

And, Lake Speed could be interpreted in many ways.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Aggg.

You could always pretend it was on purpose and you were being clever and brinksy? That's what I thought when I first saw your post.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
well, pedantic Cumbrians may have it in for Dave, but I reckon the Dictionary might save him.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

quote:
Originally posted by the pilgrim:
I choose Lake Odessa , Michigan, the town were I pastor the First Congregational Church situated on the beautiful shores of Jordan Lake. With 2300 human residents I believe Lake Odessa to be larger than any lake listed so far, most of which have ZERO human residents from the information I can gather. Remember, life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Lake Memphremagog has residents on the shores at both ends (ha!) and its very own "Memphre", who dwells in the deep there.

[ 16. September 2008, 17:36: Message edited by: Geneviève ]

--------------------

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
I'm impressed with the sideways thinking going on here!!! Most of my friends moan that i think that i think sideways, but i'm in awe of somepeoples ablity to think sideways!!

hmmm... maybe I'm playing it too safe.

BTW: anyone want to partner with me since I'm a complete newcomer to the game and don't know what I'm doing? What do partners do, anyhow (get your mind out of the gutter; I mean for this game)?

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
flags_fiend
Shipmate
# 12211

- Posted      Profile for flags_fiend   Email flags_fiend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Seeing as we are still in round one, please can I join? I sneaked in at this point last year as well I think [Hot and Hormonal]

So for my film

Sweeney Todd
Barber's bloody revenge backfires badly!

I'll pick icklejen.

And for a lake how about lakeland (a whole land of lakes, well not really it is a kitchenware shopping place) and here is a picture of one of the lakeland stores [Biased]

I hope I have managed this OK, and I'm not too late to join.

flags x

--------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Posts: 238 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by the pilgrim:

I beg to differ..

Lake Charles, LA does have people (and two! lakes)

Lake Charles Again

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My lake is Lake Wobegon from the mind of Garrison Keillor. There is a brass band named after it who were allowed to use the name as long as at some time they play at a picnic for him. It even has an effect named after it which in turn has lead to a hiring strategy.

Frim the Wikkipedia article there are 800 people there and my memory of the books tells me there is a lake which may or may not be above average.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
My lake is Lake Wobegon from the mind of Garrison Keillor. There is a brass band named after it who were allowed to use the name as long as at some time they play at a picnic for him. It even has an effect named after it which in turn has lead to a hiring strategy.

Frim the Wikkipedia article there are 800 people there and my memory of the books tells me there is a lake which may or may not be above average.

You may have the largest lake as imagination has no boundaries!

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
beautiful place. the name is a but of a bummer, though.

the story, as I've been told - during early trader days, two native guys made a trade for whiskey and a rifle. they camped at Murder Lake, got drunk, and one shot the other. after the investigation, etc, the local chief planted the rifle in the dirt at the edge of the lake, barrel down, as a reminder of the danger.

My dad's novel "Raven's Prey" was called "Murder Lake" as he wrote it, and the initial scene takes place at Murder Lake.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
well, pedantic Cumbrians may have it in for Dave, but I reckon the Dictionary might save him.

Thanks for that, WC [Smile]
I guess the sticking point will be to define 'considerable', but if PATDYS can get away with his entry, I submit that I'm OK too.

--------------------
Brian Clough

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by flags_fiend:

And for a lake how about lakeland (a whole land of lakes, well not really it is a kitchenware shopping place) and here is a picture of one of the lakeland stores [Biased]

I hope I have managed this OK, and I'm not too late to join.

flags x

I sense that The Mighty Quizmaster is being gracious and magnanimous!

Aha!!! I saw this Lakeland in York, and thought of Lakeland, Florida, which is why I took this picture!

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:

Thanks for that, WC [Smile]
I guess the sticking point will be to define 'considerable', but if PATDYS can get away with his entry, I submit that I'm OK too.

Oy! I'll have you know, my cycling shoes contain quite a lot of moisture. And possibly several forms of life [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:

BTW: anyone want to partner with me since I'm a complete newcomer to the game and don't know what I'm doing? What do partners do, anyhow (get your mind out of the gutter; I mean for this game)?

No idea what partners do, as i'm also new and have no partner in the game yet!!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:

Who said they do anything? To date, we know nothing except that we had to pick another player. That might be the beginning and the end of it - only Quizmaster knows. I don't think there's a standard partnership thing going on, though, as our picks didn't have to be reciprocal. You might be best advised to just pick anyone (who hasn't already been picked) as long as you can come up with some sort of reason, however silly, or a clever way of doing it.

Dave, I think you should be OK bearing in mind the nature of the quiz. Pedantry aside, I think you can probably make a better case for your entry being a lake than a lot of others. I'd just hate to see you eliminated on a technicality.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016