homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008 (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  22  23  24 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Knockout Quiz 2008
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Sinbad the Sailor whose stories take place during the reign of Harun al Rashid from 763-809 CE. A lot earlier than the date that is giving Marvin goosebumps.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Marvin, what happens if someone picks the same year as you?

I am going for Georges Reney Le Peley de Pleville who seved on the Brilliant (a privateer) which was subsequently requisitioned as a troop transport. After a few more ships he became the Governor of the port of Marseilles and later a minister for the navy and an admiral. He died in 1805. [Razz]

etc spelling

[ 22. September 2008, 11:51: Message edited by: The Rogue ]

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll pick Commodore Henry Harwood, who commanded the British squadron at the Battle of the River Plate. He died in 1950.

After counting my entry, the median is exactly 1805.

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rogue:
Marvin, what happens if someone picks the same year as you?

We're both up for the drop. Nice brinkmanship!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It shouldn't be too hard for the remaining contestants to swing it so you both get the chop: One person goes higher and the next person lower, and so on until Quizzy wields the axe...

[Two face]

--------------------
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by CuppaT:
Here's a picture of Jonah for Hart.

Scarey looking fish, but the Prophet does not seem very perturbed. He's repented for three days and has written his homily (which takes all of one half a verse).

It's impressive how he hasn't got his scroll wet, isn't it?

Thanks, CuppaT.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
It shouldn't be too hard for the remaining contestants to swing it so you both get the chop: One person goes higher and the next person lower, and so on until Quizzy wields the axe...

Indeed. The Rogue and I are sailing some pretty choppy waters right now...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since Talk Like A Pirate Day was so recent, I will take Grace O'Maley (Gráinne Ní Mháille, c. 1530 – c. 1603). She's shown on the left in the linked etching of her meeting with Elizabeth I.

One story of her adventures reputes that she was in labor when her ship was attacked by Turkish pirates, and excoriated her crew by saying, "May you be seven times worse off this day 12 months from now, you who cannot do without me for one day!" She finished giving birth, took the deck and chased off the Turks.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would like to offer John F Kennedy as my sailor. During WWII, he was commander of the Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109. He was assassinated in 1963...and yes, I remember exactly where I was when that happened.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I choose "The Grocer": Edward Heath (1916-2005), ex-Prime Minister and yachtsman, who had his greatest yachting triumph in 1971.

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick myself. I died in 1793 at the age of 39, having hoped for paradise in Pitcairn. At least I managed to give Bligh what for, and one of my mates burnt what remained of his boat.
Fletcher Christian

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Marvin, I still have some brandy, should you need a bit of comfort.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

At least I'll take that rogue, The Rogue, with me [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

Walking the plank together, eh? Or pushing each other off?

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

There is still a fair chance that someone won't post...

--------------------
Brian Clough

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Clearly someone must bravely leap in and save poor Marvin [Biased] .
I discover from this interesting website that inNovember of 1811, "Seaman Collins Frazier died during the night."

[ 22. September 2008, 17:51: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Why am I suddenly the bad guy?

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mary Read 1690 - 1721. An English pirate who was a better fighter than her husband, even standing in for him for a duel - and winning!

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am surprised nobody has picked one of these fellows.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
I pick Sir Francis Drake, famous Creamtealand sailor (although I don't think the Spanish liked him much), died c.1596 and was buried at sea, it is thought in a lead coffin. It is said that his drum will still sound whenever there is danger.

one of my favorite student bloopers (from a Richard Lederer book) reads, "Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 20 foot clipper."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nutmeg
Ship's spice girl
# 5297

- Posted      Profile for Nutmeg   Email Nutmeg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am on holidays and posting from internet Cafe, so I only just so that I am a prime contender for elimination.

At least Marvin has taken the time to work it all out, the maths was beyond me...

Never Mind, I will fall on me cutlass or whatever.

[Biased]

Posts: 2285 | From: under the verandah at the rum distillery | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I pick Thor Heyerdahl, for the sake of the Kon-Tiki expedition. He died in 2002.

And for those yet to pick, here's who has been chosen so far:
  • Andrew Cunningham, 1st Viscount Cunningham of Hyndhope - 1963
  • Anthony Petit - 1943
  • Jonah - 750 BCE
  • Harry Pidgeon - 1954
  • Popeye - 1994
  • Blackbeard - 1718
  • Simon Peter - 64 AD (approx)
  • David Seaman - 2002 (metaphorically)
  • Erik the red - 1003 (several takers)
  • Captain Hendrik Van Der Decken - 1641/80 or 1729 (active after death)
  • Sir Francis Drake - 1596
  • Sahure - 2475 BCE
  • Anne Bonny - 1721/82
  • Sir Francis Chichester - 1972
  • James Boag - 2008 (PATDYS homice victim)
  • Mochitsura Hashimoto died - 2000
  • Captain William Bligh - 1817
  • Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson - 1805
  • Leif Erikson - 1020
  • Sinbad the Sailor - 763-809 CE
  • Georges Reney Le Peley de Pleville - 1805
  • Commodore Henry Harwood - 1950.
  • Grace O'Maley (Gráinne Ní Mháille) – 1603
  • John F Kennedy - 1963
  • Edward Heath - 2005
  • Fletcher Christian - 1793
  • Seaman Collins Frazier - 1811
  • Mary Read - 1721
  • Thor Heyerdahl - 2002

(I make the current median 1805, using the latest dates for all deaths and negative numbers for the BCE dates.)

[ETA my own pick into the list and calculation !)

[ 22. September 2008, 22:24: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by East Price Road:
I choose "The Grocer": Edward Heath (1916-2005), ex-Prime Minister and yachtsman, who had his greatest yachting triumph in 1971.

Oooh! Nice! I should have thought of him, myself!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rugasaw:

I believe those boys are swimming, not sailing.
You need some rigging and a sail to be a sailor.

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If it was just picking a sailor, I would have picked Simon LeBon.

But he's not dead, yet. (Even if his ship overturned during a race)

And neither is his career, (yeah, yeah, so I still listen to older men who make music...shoot me! [Biased] )

Fastnet race

[ 23. September 2008, 00:04: Message edited by: PataLeBon ]

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not trying to get you eliminated, Rogue. I didn't even calculate who my pick would push to the brink because I knew I wouldn't be the last to post. (Or if I were, then it wouldn't matter what the median was.) Really I just posted a date near where the median was ending up. Googled seamen sailor died 1811 actually [Razz] .

--------------------

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ephemera:
quote:

I believe those boys are swimming, not sailing.
You need some rigging and a sail to be a sailor.

Sailor or seamen(if considered phonetically)

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

If it helps, the idea did occur to me, rugasaw.

Be hard to pick a death date though, anyway.

--------------------

ephemera
Shipmate
# 13355

- Posted      Profile for ephemera     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Sailor or seamen(if considered phonetically)

You are absolutely right.
I know better than to just fling out a frivolous answer without checking the original post. But do I listen to my internal voice? No. Of course not. Sorry. I'll do better.

--------------------
A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of a bucket -
And you listening. T. Hughes

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Well, I've got a connected choice, in the form of Seaman Staines, the apocryphal character in Captain Pugwash, as debunked by Snopes. Unfortunately, there isn't a handy picture available, but he could be said to have died in 1991, when John Ryan's court action forced two newspapers to admit that he didn't exist.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Why am I suddenly the bad guy?

I have a good PR team [Smile]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Right, my analysis (assuming that Seaman Staines is included) shows that the median right now is 1808.

There is one competitor left to post. If he posts a date higher than that year, Gwai is out. Lower, and The Rogue and I are out. That one remaining competitor has in his hands the power of life and death (in the Quiz sense) over all three of us.

That competitor is Quizmaster.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

I'm surprised that there has still been no discussion of what a median is compared to mean, mode, average etc.

I also note that Quizmaster said
quote:

The person who posts the sailor who died closest to the median average year of death will be eliminated.

Is the "median average" a new form of statistical analysis which he will define when assessing this round?

--------------------

The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

If QM posts 1811 or 1805 he is out along with Gwai or Marvin & me respectively. If he posts somewhere between those dates he has sacrificed himself and if he doesn't post he is also out.

--------------------

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

Is it safe for Quizzy to be wielding so much power?

[Help]

--------------------
Brian Clough

the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I KNEW IT!! IT'S ALL RIGGED!!!

sorry, bad sailing pun.

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by davelarge:
Is it safe for Quizzy to be wielding so much power?

[Help]

I can't think of anyone more worthy of holding such power than our thrice-blessed Quizmaster (may his tribe increase). I have confidence that he will wield the power he so rightly holds at his command in the way which is best.

[Angel]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

Your assessment depends on the the Quizmaster (should we automatically now put the [Overused] after his name?) accepting all the posts so far. Some of us did not identify a specific date on which our sailor of interest bit the dust, walked the plank, or just keeled over.

--------------------

rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

quote:
I'm surprised that there has still been no discussion of what a median is compared to mean, mode, average etc.

I also note that Quizmaster said
quote:

The person who posts the sailor who died closest to the median average year of death will be eliminated.

Is the "median average" a new form of statistical analysis which he will define when assessing this round?
Averages argument part ?. I suspect the QM has been specific about the type of average on purpose. In previous quizzes we all learned the different meanings of the word average. I do however like the nearest the median bit. There are 31 competitors this round. That would normally make the median a number nobody picked and to eliminate someone they would have to be closest to the median. With Rogue and Marvin posting the same year of death the median might fall on their YOD. If that is the case we can now argue is the exactly same YOD as the median the closest or does the closest exclude the exact YOD. And do we tell the loser to YOD off?

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
There are 31 competitors this round. That would normally make the median a number nobody picked and to eliminate someone they would have to be closest to the median.

Don't think so. In a set containing any odd number of figures, one will be the exact median. This can be demonstrated by proving the trivial case where there is one number entered, and thence by induction for n+2. If there are 31 entries, the 16th highest (which will also be the 16th lowest) will be the exact median.

[ETA: Better clarification of geeky maths stuff]

[ 23. September 2008, 15:24: Message edited by: The Great Gumby ]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But, what if the average is achieved by taking the total number of years between the present and the various years of death posted, dividing this number by the total number of posters, and then going back from the present that many years to find the average year of death? – That would indeed be the average year of death.

My calculation shows that year to be somewhere between 1412 and 1421, accounting for the entries with more than one possible correct date of death. THAT calculation would put Mertseger's entry in jeopardy of being knocked out as closest to the average date of death! Grace O'Maley's death in 1603 is only 182/191 years apart from the average date of 1412/1421!

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by the pilgrim:
But, what if the average is achieved by taking the total number of years between the present and the various years of death posted, dividing this number by the total number of posters, and then going back from the present that many years to find the average year of death? – That would indeed be the average year of death.

That would be the mean, not the median, and QM's been explicit that he's using the median.

tGG's completely correct that with an odd number of players all posting an answer from some totally ordered set, someone is guaranteed to hit the median. I'm guessing the reason QM said "closest to" rather than "at" was that he hadn't calculated the parity of the number of players.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

How are y'all figuring in the entries where the YOD is a range? Are you going for the median of the range?

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What should I do?

Discussion starting in the other place.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
don't forget, also rans can also have a bearing on the calculations for the competition, and to that end, I choose:

Vasco de Gama who died in 1524

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brilliant WK.

In that case I can now go for Sir Peter Parker who was involved in the capture of New York.

--------------------
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Right, my analysis (assuming that Seaman Staines is included) shows that the median right now is 1808.

There is one competitor left to post. If he posts a date higher than that year, Gwai is out. Lower, and The Rogue and I are out. That one remaining competitor has in his hands the power of life and death (in the Quiz sense) over all three of us.

That competitor is Quizmaster.

Whatever happens, brilliant post.

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

You may have worked it out.

I have to post that MY sailor died in 1811.

That gives us:

-2475 Sahure
-750 Jonah
64 Saint Peter
809 Sinbad the Sailor
1003 Erik the Red
1020 Leif Erikson
1524 Vasco de Gama
1596 Sir Francis Drake
1603 Grace O'Malley
1718 Blackbeard
1721 Mary Read
1729 Hendrik Van Der Decken
1782 Anne Bonny
1793 Fletcher Christian
1805 Horatio Nelson
1805 Georges Reney Le Peley
1811 Collins Frazier
1811 Sir Peter Parker
1817 William Bligh
1946 Anthony Petit
1950 Henry Harwood
1954 Harry Pidgeon
1963 John F Kennedy
1963 Sir Andrew Cunningham
1972 Sir Francis Chichester
1991 Seaman Staines
1994 Popeye
2000 Mochitsura Hashimoto
2002 Thor Heyerdahl
2002 David Seaman
2005 Edward Heath
2008 James Boag

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

So, in the closest the Knockout Quiz will ever come to a bloodbath, and coming so early in the contest it is a bit of a shock, FOUR people are eliminated for being the MEDIAN AVERAGE entries:

Goodbye as competitors, Hello as Also Rans to:

Gwai
Marvin the Martian
Quizmaster
The Rogue

QUALIFIERS

Angel Wrestler
Caty.
Chicklegirl
Chorister
Comet
CuppaT
Davelarge
Doublethink
East Price Road
Ephemera
Flags_Fiend
Fletcher Christian
Genevieve
Golden Key
Hart
Icklejen
Jedijudy
Mertseger
Nutmeg
PataLeBon
Patdys
Rugasaw
Rugmaker
Sharkshooter
Surfing Madness
The Great Gumby
The Pilgrim

--------------------

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

ROUND FOUR : SHIPS

You have to post the name of a ship.

If you post a picture of that ship your post will be better.

You need to post the top speed of that ship and if possible post a link to a website that shows that speed.

The competitor who posts the slowest ship will be eliminated. In the case of a tie, the quality of the post will be used to make the decision.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  22  23  24 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016