homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hour of walking today.

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tue 27 Jan - went down to boat for a few hours maintenance, not normally a very physically demanding activity, but this time it involved about 15 minutes of pushing, shoving, pulling, huffing and puffing. Somewhat akin to house maintenance so I think I can claim said 15 minutes.
Today 28 Jan - semi ran to gym, gymmed (and about time too), staggered back, 1 h 15 m;
plus 30 min walking.
Total for both days thus 2 h.
And running total now 43 hours 15 minutes.

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And another 45 minutes: 30 minutes yoga, 15 minutes of trying out weights and hauling the refreshments for a meeting (were heavy).

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alongside my now customary walking (1 hour 15 minutes today), I had a rare session of physical activity as part of my work day - 15 minutes shifting heavy boxes of booklets up and down corridors and hoisting them up onto shelves. Running total - 32 hours 30 minutes.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Joan_of_Quark

Anchoress of St Expedite
# 9887

- Posted      Profile for Joan_of_Quark   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today, 2 hours walking (and part of it was going to a fascinating meeting about art, not that that made me any fitter of course, but just thought I'd mention it.)

--------------------
"I want to be an artist when I grow up." "Well you can't do both!"
further quarkiness

Posts: 1025 | From: The Book Depository | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lily pad:
shoveling about a metre of snow off a 10 x 10 x 5 metre deck before another 30 cm of snow arrives later today

Ai yi yi!

Wed Jan 28: 30 minutes shoveling 30 cm of snow on its way up to lily pad. (Hope you get just the snow and not the lovely mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain we're enjoying [Roll Eyes] here in the State of Starlight.)

15 minutes walking

Running total: 15 hrs 15 mins

[ 29. January 2009, 03:26: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Tangent= aerobics? Ye gods and little zits! I'd settle for being able to breathe! [/Tangent]

I'll have to crawl up Kanchenjunga to catch up on Saturday... [Frown]

[ 29. January 2009, 05:28: Message edited by: pimple ]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wednesday (cont):
30 mins walk to friends' house
60 mins dancing
Thursday (so far):
10 mins walk to uni

Total for this post:
100 minutes or 1 hour and 40 minutes

Running total:
1512 minutes or 25 hours and 12 minutes

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
45 minutes cycling into town and back this morning, quite fruitlessly as the shops were all closed.

Running total 34 hours 5 minutes.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
quote:
Originally posted by lily pad:
shoveling about a metre of snow off a 10 x 10 x 5 metre deck before another 30 cm of snow arrives later today

Ai yi yi!

Wed Jan 28: 30 minutes shoveling 30 cm of snow on its way up to lily pad. (Hope you get just the snow and not the lovely mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain we're enjoying [Roll Eyes] here in the State of Starlight.)[/b]

The sun is shining. It is a beautiful day. Just in from one hour shovelling.

I was just walking back around from clearing out the back steps and could see the big plow coming up the hill so I waited at the end of my freshly cleaned driveway with my shovel. As he approached, he slowed down, lifted the side blade, passed my driveway leaving about a foot of snow, backed up and cleared most of it away!!! Had he plowed normally, I would have had about an hour more to do. I shovelled what was left, ran inside for a large bar of Cadbury's I had been given for Christmas and caught him on the way back down the street. What a great day!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So far today, 1 hour walking and 45 minutes hauling equipment in and out for toddler church this morning. Running total 38 hours

[ 29. January 2009, 16:42: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have spent hours moving office today... shifting furniture and files etc is hard work. I reckon I can claim 3 hours so far today.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another hour at the gym for me [Big Grin]

Lily, didn't you berate the snow-ploughman for preventing you clocking up another hour in the fitness race?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
Another hour at the gym for me [Big Grin]

Lily, didn't you berate the snow-ploughman for preventing you clocking up another hour in the fitness race?

No! After all the drama around the gym situation and smelly aftershave man I didn't need any more trouble.

Was great to have the chocolate to give him though!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hr 50 min

Tap, plus walk to/from, plus walk from/to Salisbury station, then from NM station home.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
45 mibs of walking today.

--------------------

the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday: 35 minutes cycling - commute plus diversion to supermarket. Also 15 minutes walking - to takeaway and back, healthy way to get hold of an unhealthy dinner.

Today: 30 minutes cycling - commute. I think my trip into work should count double because I set off from home at 6.15 am, which made it truly painful.

Hence, running total: 37 hours 50 minutes

--------------------
A shrivelled appendix to the body of Christ.

Posts: 912 | From: In the lab. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today, walking with Mrs B along towpath, past castle, 1 h 45 m after which Mrs B collapsed into a pile of Open University textbooks. I collapsed in front of computer.
Plus 15 m antipearshapitude.
Thus 2 hours today and a running total of
45 hours and 15 minutes.

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
50 minutes walking today, making 33 hours 20 minutes in total.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

And another 45 minutes: 30 minutes yoga and 15 minutes weights.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To add to y general feeling of knackeredness tonight I have done a further 30 minutes of cleaning and 60 minutes of Pilates.

All this exercise can't be good for you!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
137 mins walking
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thursday (cont):
60 mins walking into town (bought shoes!) and home
30 mins dancing
Friday (so far):
10 mins walk to uni in weather that has got far more miserable since I arrived

Total for this post:
100 minutes or 1 hour and 40 minutes

Running total:
1612 minutes or 26 hours and 52 minutes

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Joan_of_Quark

Anchoress of St Expedite
# 9887

- Posted      Profile for Joan_of_Quark   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thursday: 2 hours 25 minutes, made up of 50 minutes of walking about on churchy business, 50 minutes cycling on the Road to Nowhere and 45 minutes of yoga.

--------------------
"I want to be an artist when I grow up." "Well you can't do both!"
further quarkiness

Posts: 1025 | From: The Book Depository | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Slightly cheating in that it includes tonight's commute, but I'll be off the PC over the wekend and, to be honest, probably spending most of Saturday on my backside.

The commute: 5 x 30mins
Unauthorised gadding into town: 4x15mins
Ringing, plus getting there and back via the pub 20+10+5mins

Added on to 27:45 I make that 31hrs 50mins but I await confirmation!

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thurs 30th: 1 hour 10 mins walking to and from a meeting and then another 40 mins walking to and from church in the evening for a church meeting. Total for day 1 hour 50 mins

Running total 38 hours 5 mins I think.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hour 20 minutes cycling today during two trips into town.

Running total 35 hours 25 minutes.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hr 10 min

Walking to/from, and from/to, stations) plus longer walk.
So here we are eh? - last day tomorrow! I hope it's not raining.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another swim (45 mins) and 60 mins. of table tennis. Do you allow indoor bowling as exercise - it might be considered quite gentle by some, so I'll leave it up to the compere to decide. If so, I went four times during January (1 hour 30 mins each session).

Running Total: 24 h 50 m. if my maths is right.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thursday, Jan. 29th: 1 hr. at the gym with weight machines and cross-trainer

Total so far: 5 hrs 9 min.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One hour of utter torture at the gym today - my instructor reckoned I could move everything up a notch... I hope his first aid certificate's up to date!

I don't suppose I can count half an hour in a detox cabin, can I? Apparently that did me far more good than 20 minutes on the rowing machine... and it was certainly more pleasant. I managed a whole chapter of my book [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

45 mins of walking today.

--------------------

the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
30 minutes cycling today, bringing running total to 38 hours 20 minutes.

Rachel.

--------------------

blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

about time for a long walk using canal and navigation towpaths, and seeing somewhere I hadn't been to before. Lovely sunny day - I'm told the fine weather won't last!
Anyway, there and back took me 5 hours, and more walking subsequently took another 30 minutes.
So total for today is 5 h 30 m and running total is now
50 hours and 45 minutes.

[ 30. January 2009, 20:37: Message edited by: blackbeard ]

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thu Jan 29: 45 minutes walking.

Fri Jan 30: 35 minutes Pilates; 35 minutes walking.

Running total: 17 hrs 10 mins

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

35 minutes cycling into town and back in the early morning - a great time of day once I manage to get myself out of bed.

Running total 36 hours.

--------------------

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

2 hours exactly

I think it is unlikely I shall be out again today - very cold easterly wind! - but thought I'd finish in style by adding an extra loop to The Walk, and certainly there was an added level of difficulty battling the wind on the cliff top section!

I look forward with interest to the results.

--------------------

Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday I did 61 mins walking plus 60 mins on the stepper.

So 121 mins

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My final offering, 35 minutes cycling to town and back.

Running total 36 hours 35 minutes.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
10 minutes out and back from the pub to the Opera on Friday, plus an additional 5 minutes climbing four flights of stairs up and down once I got there.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

Today:

1 hour walking - into town and then from town centre to bike shop and back.
42 minutes circuits (light weights and core stability) and stretching.

Hence, running total: 40 hours and 2 minutes.

I may do some more walking later on. Can I post that tomorrow (if I do it) or do I have to get it online this evening?

All the best,

Rachel.

--------------------

Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

1 hour of walking today...
And that's it for the month! I wonder how far off 50 I am? Work has been manic so has put paid to any swimming I was going to do, to which I say humph!

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

30 minutes one-armed snow shovelling on a warm day

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I was going to leave it a couple of days before finishing off to allow people to post on Monday when back online.

2¾ hours walk this afternoon Running total 41½ hours.

--------------------

blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

Should have been fairly exhausted today, after yesterday's effort, but rather gratifyingly wasn't.
Didn't do much today, however, apart from facilitating messing about in boats. As there was quite a blustery wind this got quite energetic at times, and included lying full length on a jetty grappling with unwilling bits of string wondering at which point I was going to topple into the water. Spent 3 or 4 hours doing this (no I didn't get wet) but only about 30 minutes was sufficiently energetic to count.
So, today 30 minutes, and
running and final total is
51 hours and 15 minutes.

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

1 hour walking yesterday, 10 minutes so far today. About to go to the cinema, catching the bus part of the way but then walking from my friend's house so will have more to add later...

--------------------

Also by the same author

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Latest bits and pieces from me.
Mon 26th - called in sick and spent the day curled up in bed, so no time to add. Pity, I was hoping to go swimming [Frown]
Tue 27th - 30 minutes each way commute, total 1 hour
Wed 28th - 30 minutes each way commute, and I did 1 hr 15 min housework in the evening. I'm counting 20 minutes of it, for a total of 1 hour 20 min
Thu 29th - 30 minutes each way commute plus 35 min ringing/getting there/getting to pub, total 1 hr 35 min
Fri 30th - 30 minutes each way commute, then I didn't go ringing but visited the parents instead... Total of 1 hour
Sat 31st - 50 minutes cycling about to get stuff. Done quite a bit of cleaning/housework this afternoon, I reckon 1 hour of it counts, so that's 1 hour 50 min for today (unless I do some more before midnight!

Total for this post of 6 hours 45 minutes.

Curiosity killed..., I've re-checked my posts, and I still make my total to the end of 25th Jan to be 26 hours, not 25 hours 55 min. There is a less-than-obvious 5 minutes on Sat 24th (I almost missed them just now when I checked the maths!).

Assuming I've added everything up right, I make it 32 hours 45 minutes.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A big day walking today has meant that since Tuesday I have another 7 hrs 15 minutes to add. Makes a total of 20 hrs 25 minutes for January. Not great, but more than I might have done otherwise.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Celtic Knotweed, I've added the other 5 minutes in.

I'm adding another 30 minutes yoga.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
20 minutes walking, making 25h10m altogether.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016