homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And 35 minutes yoga

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been a hard day to keep track of all my walkings, partly because I can't remember where I went at lunchtime (oh my, I'm only 30 but my memory's going already [Eek!] ) but I think I'm right in saying I walked for 1 hour 10 minutes today, bringing my total up to 7 hours 20 minutes.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
20 min brisk walk, 30 mins at gym.

Total: 5 hrs 50 mins.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
15 minutes walking yesterday and 10 minutes walking today.

That very minor effort takes my running total to 9 hours 46 minutes

Rachel.

--------------------
A shrivelled appendix to the body of Christ.

Posts: 912 | From: In the lab. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nothing of note yesterday and then 45 minutes of slacklining this morning.

Running total: 12 h 30

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
philip99a
Shipmate
# 13799

- Posted      Profile for philip99a   Email philip99a   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My right knee is still puffy and sore (honest!) This is not going well ......... yet! [Mad]

--------------------
We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time T. S. Elliot (Four Quartets)

Posts: 1300 | From: Leicester (UK) | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
philip99a
Shipmate
# 13799

- Posted      Profile for philip99a   Email philip99a   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultracrepidarian:
then 45 minutes of slacklining this morning.

I'd never heard of slacklining until 5 minutes ago!

--------------------
We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time T. S. Elliot (Four Quartets)

Posts: 1300 | From: Leicester (UK) | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One hour strength class and 40 minutes on the treadmill.

Running total: 13 hours and 20 minutes

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by philip99a:
My right knee is still puffy and sore (honest!) This is not going well ......... yet! [Mad]

Sorry to hear that Philip. I have an ice pack on my shoulder after a tough class tonight. Hope your knee recovers quickly!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a totally moochy day on Tuesday and achieved a grand total of nothing at all. If I moved, it was from the chair to the kitchen for a coffee! Yesterday's visit to the gym went out of the window because when I got there I discovered it was "Junior Gym" time. Being surrounded by muscular men doesn't bother me at all (strange, that) but the thought of being surrounded by 10-15 year olds while in the gym fills me with utter horror.

However I did work incredibly hard cleaning and tidying and scrubbing the kitchen floor in anticipation of a visitor so I think I can happily claim one hour's worth of it as extra exercise. (It was all day, but a lot of it was just ordinary stuff and not highly exercisy)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
60 minutes pilates yesterday.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
To the Pain - I make you at 90 minutes/1h 30m running total, 10 minutes more than you did.

CK you're absolutely right - not sure where I missed them from but I was out those 10 mins. And I knew that I always end up a bit out so I put together my own personal spreadsheet - didn't work, did it.

Revised running total from last post: 90 minutes

Thursday (cont):
10 mins walk home
60 mins dancing (I danced every dance in a 90 minute class)
Friday (so far):
30 mins walk to uni (had to do a loop for deep and meaningful with my visiting mother)

Total for this post:
100 minutes or 1 hour and 40 minutes

Running total
190 minutes or 2 hours and 10 minutes

I doubt I'll do much more than walk home today but I have fairly high hopes for the weekend.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still no connection at home, so Sandemaniac and I will be updating in breaks, or else hitting my mother's computer! Anyway, here's my tally.

Jan 7, another 50 minutes getting home. Mix of walking and cycling as the front light batteries died. (I may have left the light on all day [Hot and Hormonal] )

Jan 8: 30 minutes to work, 25 getting home. Went to ringing practice, for a total of 30 minutes actual doing things (including walking to the church and back), as opposed to catching up with the gossip since Christmas.

Today, 35 minutes getting to work in freezing fog. I'm almost dreading the ride home...

I make that 2 hours 50 min this post, and a running total of 6 hours 45 minutes.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
30 minutes cycling this evening - running total 11 hours 30 minutes.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

50 minutes walking and 20 minutes weight exercises

Running total: 14 hours 30 minutes

--------------------

chicklegirl
Shipmate
# 11741

- Posted      Profile for chicklegirl   Author's homepage   Email chicklegirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday I logged 2 hours, 15 minutes of vigorous activity taking down all my Christmas decorations and cleaning the house. Everything's thawing here and I think the spring cleaning bug bit me a few months early!

Running total: 3 hours, 15 minutes

--------------------
If you want to be happy, be.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 916 | From: Sixth Circle of Hell | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another hour swimming, which takes my total up to er...2 hours!!
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another 50 mins walking today, taking my total to 7 hours.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got another 20 minutes on the treadmill last night, so currently running total of 90 mins.

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1.5 hours of swimming & half an hour of walking, wshich brings me up to about 10 hours, I think.

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Freelance Monotheist, you're a better woman than me if you managed an hour and a half swimming - however that brings your total up to 11h 25m

Surfing Madness - I make you up to 7h 40m

So far today, I've got 30 minutes walking to add.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
43mins walking today
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today's results.....

30 minutes swimming
60 minutes cleaning the house
15 minutes walking.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I hope you're impressed that, despite having a terribly late night last night (Honestly, that Yangtze woman never stops talking!) and having done all that work in preparation for her arrival, I still managed to persuade her that she really did want to go to the gym today. [Big Grin]

(Shame she can't log in and reply to that, isn't it? You'll just have to trust me to tell the truth!)

So I achieved an impressive one hour of strenuous exercise today.

I think I should also add Yangtze's achievements (preferably to my total)

She managed to wangle an hour's exercise (not very hard work, I have to say) and then a forty five minute's brisk walk followed by a twenty-minute charity-shop-crawl in town. So that totals Two hours and five minutes for Yangtze and an hour for me (quality, not quantity, Smudgie [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joan_of_Quark

Anchoress of St Expedite
# 9887

- Posted      Profile for Joan_of_Quark   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday: 50 mins yoga
Today: 45 mins cycling, 30 mins yoga

--------------------
"I want to be an artist when I grow up." "Well you can't do both!"
further quarkiness

Posts: 1025 | From: The Book Depository | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
10 minutes of climbing and descending actual stairs today.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Friday - 1 hour 5 minutes of walking, and 2 hours 10 minutes burning up the dancefloor at a club with some mates. I make that a total of 10 hours 35 minutes so far.

Now I need some sleep...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
45 minutes cycling into town at dawn - running total 12 hours 15 minutes.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by philip99a:
quote:
Originally posted by Ultracrepidarian:
then 45 minutes of slacklining this morning.

I'd never heard of slacklining until 5 minutes ago!
It's awesome fun. [Big Grin]

I've got a little 8m line (nothing compared with that 171m one!) and I can walk pretty confidently on it. As of recently, I can also turn around, with either leg in front, without too many problems. Long lines are harder because of how much they bend and they vibrate in the wind. I'd like to have a go on a long line, but that'll have to wait to another time...

The advantage of short lines is that you can do more tricks; there's a nice catalogue of tricks here, some others here and I love this video as something to aspire to.

I haven't been game to try any jumps, but I've done a bit of slackline surfing (deliberately making the line swing from side to side) and there are a few other tricks that I can sometimes pull off.

Anyway, enough raving about slacklining; I should report my times. I had to go in to uni yesterday, so I can report 1 hr 15 minutes of commuter cycling. This morning, I rode to FD's place and back (about 15 minutes in total) and I also did 1 hr of slacklining and bodyweight exercises.

Running total: 15 h

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

20 minutes walking in town this morning.

Running total 12 hours 35 minutes.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Swimming with kids 1 hr 15 mins, subtract the 15 mins I spent in the sauna and jacuzzi - I hour.

Total 6 hrs 50 mins.

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's mine...
3 hrs vigorous digging (just getting the feeling back in one toe - it's warmed up to -2 while I was out there!)

45 minutes /day on the bike for five days (bit more than the usual commute, I've ended up in town at least once every day...) makes 3 hrs 45.

30 mins + 10 mins bellringing, and getting there and back making... (takes socks off to aid counting)

7hrs 25 to add to 3 hrs 50

11 hrs and 15 minutes

AG

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

75 minutes walking today. It was absolutely bloody freezing!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

3 hours Church working party this morning - 50 minutes was aerobic - the bit where I removed lights from a 8ft and a 12ft Christmas tree, towed them outside and swept up the mess made. Another hour plus was very cold - disentangling four sets of lights from the 12ft tree and I've only just warmed up.

--------------------

the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday I commuted by bike using my normal route to and from work which took 30 minutes.

Today I went out on my road bike for a long ride, clocking up 3 hours 48 minutes. This was possibly the coldest ride I've ever done. It was so cold that my bottle of isotonic sports drink froze completely solid. This is more impressive than it sounds since the salt in an isotonic drink should lower the freezing temperature of water well below zero.

Anyway, I have now thawed out and calculated my running total: 14 hours 4 minutes .

All the best,

Rachel.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Truly foul weather scuppered plans for long walk. Short gym session instead - 30 mins.

Total 7hrs 20 mins.

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

The Famous Rachel, I am shivering on your behalf! It is a beautiful day here, minus nine but a little wind so it feels like minus sixteen. It was minus nineteen when I woke up this morning so I am glad it warmed up. I may go skating on the outdoor rink this afternoon. It looks like fun.

I went to the gym and walked for an hour on the treadmill and then did 45 minutes of weight training.

Running total: 16 hours 15 minutes

--------------------

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hr 50 min

Short walk yesterday - taking walking stick as some sections of pavements slippery.
Still very cold today, but perfect for doing the long walk.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:

Surfing Madness - I make you up to 7h 40m

thanks for checking. Managed just 10 mins walking today (but have managed quiet a bit of study.) Taking my total up to 7 hours 50 mins.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
9 Jan, just 30 minutes walking,
10 Jan, also 30 minutes walking.
Feeling wrung out, not sure why.
Anyway, running total now 13 hours 40 minutes.

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thu Jan 8: 45 min. walking
Fri Jan 9: 55 min. Pilates; 5 min. walking

Running total 3 hr 55 min.

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

And 30 minutes yoga

--------------------

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A bit of updating . . .

Jan 8 - 55 minutes walking

Jan 9 - 35 minutes walking

Jan 10 - 95 minutes walking, 35 minutes skating at the city hall rink, all of which was wonderful, given that our month-long cold snap has finally broken!

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

1 hr 20 of slacklining and bodyweight exercises. The regular slacklining is certainly doing something for my balance and core stability and (thanks to the well-placed tree branch) I'm also beginning to see an improvement in my ability to do chin-ups.

I still haven't managed ten chin-ups in a row, though. That's a bit of a goal for me at the moment (and has been for a while). My best so far is eight, so ten isn't far off...

Running total: 16 hr 20

Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
3 hours walking round the shops yesterday.

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
2 hr 15 min

Gym and walking to/from, then walking to/from shops. Swimming teacher had to cancel lesson.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hour yesterday walking into and back from town, and an hours swimming today making a total of 4 hours.
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Most of the day spent in fairly strenuous work on the house, erecting new screening on the roof, etc., for which I claim 2 hours - there were some pauses whilst I considered how best to do the next bit.

This evening I did a 50 minutes cycle ride - I only meant to do 30 but was in the mood for more.

Running total 15 hours 25 minutes.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Today, so far, 3 hours 15 minutes walking - 25 minutes very fast getting to a neighbouring church (across the fields) because I was late, and then the very scenic route back. What's worrying me is I suspect that I walked around 10 miles and that's faster than I expect me to be able cover that distance in these conditions. Running total 16h 45m

--------------------

the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

Today the cold snap finally broke and the sun shone! It was great!

Here's what I did:

1 hour and 40 minutes walking by the river and in the country park.

1 hour and 20 minutes gardening - mostly heavy digging as I was clearing a very overgrown border ready to be a vegetable patch in the spring.

Running total: 17 hours and 4 minutes.

Rachel.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016