homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race
Joan_of_Quark

Anchoress of St Expedite
# 9887

- Posted      Profile for Joan_of_Quark   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thursday: arsing about, interspersed with short bouts of faffing around, sadly, so: 0
Friday: 45 mins cycling

--------------------
"I want to be an artist when I grow up." "Well you can't do both!"
further quarkiness

Posts: 1025 | From: The Book Depository | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Friday evening 35 minutes with Pete round the temple circuit.

Saturday morning 20 minutes to the fish market and back but not including time there plus 40 minutes cycling across town and back.

Running total 21 hours 20 minutes.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
30 mins swimming yesterday.

Total 11 hrs 20 mins.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another 45 minutes to town and back this afternoon followed by a walk with Pete for 90 minutes.

Running total 23 hours 35 minutes.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hr 35 min

The Walk, plus diversion round town to shops.

[ 17. January 2009, 13:03: Message edited by: SusanDoris ]

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Walk in the country - 1 hour. Lovely crisp day.

Total- 12 hours 20 mins.

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I seem to be thwarted at every turn as far as getting some exercise is concerned. But I managed 45 minutes at the gym on Thursday (followed by an hour and a bit luxuriating in the spa, but I don't suppose I can count that, can I?)

This morning I did the coffees and teas at Music Centre. It may not count as exercise as such, but it was three hours of physical activity and the ache in my muscles certainly suggested I'd been doing something worthwhile, so could I count one hour of that towards the fitness race? I walked for a total of thirty minutes to the shops and back and up to meet my son walking home in the dark from his friend's (kind mummy that I am) and managed thirty minutes in the gym - I wish I'd known they close at 5 on a Saturday, I'd have gone earlier!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
2 hours walk to get outside in the nice weather, shame about the muddiness underfoot.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Scots lass
Shipmate
# 2699

- Posted      Profile for Scots lass   Email Scots lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Friday: 30 minutes of walking. It would have been more, but work was so busy I didn't have time to go out at lunchtime! (10 of those minutes were walking to the takeaway and back in the evening, which probably more than cancelled out any good I did!).

Today: 45 minutes walking. Having to work on a Saturday really gets in the way of exercise...

Which means the total for this post is 1 hour 15 minutes. And the way next week's looking, I don't think I'm going to be able to get to the gym then either!

Posts: 863 | From: the diaspora | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two hours walking today. Had to do that much to walk off the cream tea... and supper in the pub. [Disappointed]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I climbed 9 flights of stairs this morning after work, plus a short walk from convention hall for a total of 15 minutes.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
30 minutes yoga from me and ow!

Sir Kevin, I make you up to 2h 25m, not counting your predicted times because I'm not counting times in advance. I have been posting everyone's times on a Sunday, and only posting corrections when I don't agree someone's total.

Ta! Cheers!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Slightly disorganised Knotweed checking in, having managed to forget to post all week despite the net connection being back up all week... [Hot and Hormonal]

Anyway, getting home on the 9th was another 35 minutes. Since I had a rather nasty cough, I did absolutely nothing energetic all last weekend (I was wandering about the meadow taking piccies on Sunday 11th, but I'm not counting that as I was going very s..l..o..w to avoid coughing fits).

This week:
  • Commuting to work - 10 trips of 35 minutes, makes 5 hours 50 minutes
  • Thursday 15th, 30 minutes ringing and 10 minutes getting from home to church to pub to home, makes another 40 minutes
  • Friday night: 25 minutes cycling into town to meet Sandemaniac and colleagues; 10 minutes cycling from town to other church; 25 minutes ringing; and 30 minutes geting from the parental abode to home after getting a lift there to fix another puncture (and hopefully this time I've got the flint that was causing them completely out of the tyre!), makes another 1 hour 30 minutes
  • Saturday's been quiet, just 15 minutes cycling into town and 20 getting back (amazing how much faster you go when the wind's with you!) for another 35 minutes
Total to add in this post of 9 hours 10 minutes, which makes the running total 15 hours 55 minutes.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
35 minutes walking today, making the total 20 hours 30 minutes. Hmmm... maybe I need to start doing something other than walking, as it accounts for over 75% of the exercise I've done so far...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
4.5 hours of walking round the shops today... My feet are sore!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
30 minutes yoga yesterday and 40 minutes hauling crates of fairtrade goods up to Church and collecting tables from the back room. Running total 24h 55m

Freelance Monotheist, that puts you up to 30h 10m

Apologies for all the posts from me, it gives me a marker as to where I've entered up to.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Walking to and from church, via shop for milk. 20 mins

Total 12 hours 40 mins.

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thu Jan 15: 10 minutes walking. I've been parking in the far parking lot to be sure I get at least this minimum of daily exercise, walking to and from.

Fri Jan 16: 15 minutes walking. Was supposed to have Pilates to add as well, but running late backed into a truck on the way out of my driveway, and decided a good liedown was in order instead.

Sat Jan 17: 10 minutes walking a little bit fast on treadmill. This is my New Year's Resolution to get some serious cardio exercise in.

25 minutes ice-skating. Hadn't skated since last spring. Oooh it felt good (if challenging for out-of-shape feet and shins) to really work my muscles. I can't push myself this hard during regular streetwalking (ahem).

Running total: 7 hr 35 min.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

45 minutes walking this evening not including a very pleasant interlude in the garden of the house of a neighbour where PeteC drank cardamom flavoured tea and where we got invited to a wedding on 1st March - that will be a Muslim wedding and on 1st February we are off to a Hindu wedding - yes, it is wedding season here.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A very lovely walk (with the Smudgelet on his bike, apart from the few moments when I managed to nick it off him and ride, knees in nostrils, a zigzag evasive route down the paths with him running like crazy to catch me up [Big Grin] ) along the Merstone to Newport cycle path and back. I didn't keep a note of precise timings, but seeing that we walked an extra stretch that I didn't do last time, and seeing that I was keeping up quite an efficient pace, I think I can claim two hours for today.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I didn't do anything at all on Friday - although I sat on buses for about 7 hours which was somehow a lot more tiring than doing exercise, but sadly less useful.

Yesterday, I went running for 53 minutes and did 20 minutes associated stretching. Sadly this wasn't enough stretching since I have very sore legs today. I also walked for 1 hour and 40 minutes getting to and from the pub we went to for dinner.

Today, despite tired legs, I went out on my road bike and cycled for about 3 hours and 30 minutes. My legs are now truly knackered, so I've given up on the other activity I had planned for today.

Hence, running total: 27 hours and 37 minutes.

All the best,

Rachel.

Edited for spelling - R.

[ 18. January 2009, 15:41: Message edited by: the famous rachel ]

--------------------
A shrivelled appendix to the body of Christ.

Posts: 912 | From: In the lab. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Checking in after another week...

6 x 30 mins cycling to town/work & back. Plus 3x 15 mins heading into town and back from work.
20mins getting to ringing and back and 45mins ringing all-told.
20mins this evening walking round with the Knotweed between taking photos.
and 1hr gardening on the allotment. Anyone who saw what I was doing with the wheelbarrow will realise that I really am a s***-stirrer!

I make that 6hrs 10 to add to 11 hrs 15 making a total of:

17hrs 25 minutes

AG

[ 18. January 2009, 15:59: Message edited by: Sandemaniac ]

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Right, today's load of exercise: 10 minutes getting to and from church; 15 minutes ringing; and a stretch of wandering round with Sandemaniac, both of us taking pictures, which we've reckoned counts as 20 minutes actual activity (despite being out for about an hour!).

That's a total of 45 minutes, bringing my running total to 16 hours 40 minutes.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fri 16th - 104mins
Sat 17th - 72 mins
Sun 18th - 100mins

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Friday 16th. 1 hour
Saturday 17th. 1 hr 40 min + 40 min.
Sunday 18th. 20 min.

Details suddenly appeared in a Goggle request - how did I get there? [Frown]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I make it 2hrs 40 for the week - that total will go up when I get my bicycle: I shall also be able to tabulate miles because it will have a speedometer and odometer.

[Yipee]

--------------------

blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
NOWT on Saturday.
Today (Sunday) a mere 30 minutes walking.
total to date 22 h 55 min

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An hour of walking today.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

And another 30 minutes yoga for me

Totals at the end of this week are now:
  1. Freelance Monotheist 31h 10m
  2. the famous rachel 27h 37m
  3. me 25h 25m
  4. lily pad 25h 10m
  5. Wiff Waff 24h 20m
  6. Susan Doris 23h 30m
  7. blackbeard 22h 55m
  8. = Stevie Boy Wonder 20h 30m
    = Ultracrepidarian 20h 30m
  9. Sandemaniac 19h 50m
  10. Yangtze 19h 35m
  11. Celtic Knotweed 16h 40m
  12. Smudgie 16h 35m
  13. PaulM 16h 25m
  14. Scots lass 15h 10m
  15. pimple 13h 20m
  16. North East Quine 12h 40m
  17. Auntie Doris 12h 20m
  18. Meg the Red 11h 45m
  19. To the Pain 10h 27m
  20. Surfing Madness 10h 20m
  21. Chorister 9h 55m
  22. Joan of Quark 8h 37m
  23. Autenrieth Road 7h 35m
  24. Cottontail 5h 55m
  25. = Angus McDangley 5h 0m
    = chicklegirl 5h 0m
  26. comet 3h 25m
  27. philip99a 2h 45m
  28. Sir Kevin 2h 40m
  29. Nunzia 50m

and still quite a few people who haven't posted yet

--------------------

Joan_of_Quark

Anchoress of St Expedite
# 9887

- Posted      Profile for Joan_of_Quark   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Saturday: presumably vigorous coughing doesn't count, so 0
Sunday: 45 mins walking

I'm currently battling the latest in a long series of bugs this winter, so I've cut down as many commitments as possible, and I'm planning to add some mild indoor exercise back in as soon as I feel a bit better. I am SICK of this (grr).

--------------------
"I want to be an artist when I grow up." "Well you can't do both!"
further quarkiness

Posts: 1025 | From: The Book Depository | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
90 minutes walking today.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bit of a lazy day today - 15 minutes walking. Total = 20 hours 45 minutes.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thurs 15th: 1 hour walking past Hagia Sophia the great Byzantine church and the Blue Mosque and along the Bosphorus at night, lights all a twinkle.

Fri 16th: 15 mins walking (a much less glamorous day in a factory!)

Sat 17th: practically the whole day spent walking though none of it particularly fast - around the Topkapi palace and the Harem (no sniggering now), round the Hagia Sophia and then over the bridge and exploring the raucous nightlife of Istanbul (OK, I'll stop now) - I'm going to count 4 and a half hours of it.

Sun 18th: 25 mins walking

Which I think comes to 25 hours 45 mins

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
OK, I've worked out how I did that one - 10h 27m it is To the Pain. I've been entering by the days you did the exercise, not the days you have been posting (cos it's what I've been doing for everyone).

That's how I confused myself last time - my personal spreadsheet now has columns for both so that I can try to make sure they add up at my end. Don't know how long they will though.

Friday (cont):
10 mins walk home from uni
20 mins walk to find my lift to the train station with a small suitcase and a flask of hot water
Saturday:
150 mins dancing (workshop 10.30-3.30 but the first half hour was spent with cups of tea, we had an hour for lunch and spent the last half hour finding out exactly how hideous the costumes are that have been made for the youth demonstration team)
10 mins walk to coffee
10 mins walk home from the metro
Sunday:
30 mins walk home from the station, complete with aforementionned suitcase
Monday (so far):
10 mins walk to uni

Total for this post:
240 mins or 4 hours

Running total:
867 minutes or 14 hours and 27 minutes

PS - I lost track of 10 minutes while posting this but then I found it again. CK I don't know how you can possibly keep track of so many people's times [Overused]

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
3 hr 50 min

This comprises:
Sunday: Swim plus walk to/from; plus, thanks to motivation of the Race, walk in afternoon too.
Monday: Gym, plus walk to/from.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

1 hour walking with PeteC this evening - total so far 25 hours 20 minutes.

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sun Jan 18: 45 minutes walking (10 regular, 35 treadmill speedily).

Running total: 8 hrs 20 mins.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another 1hour 45mins, i work out my running total when i'm more awake!!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

1 hour 20 minutes in the gym today.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

40 minutes walking today - running total 21 hours 25 minutes.

--------------------

Also by the same author

Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

1 hour & v20 mins of walking-here's hoping I can keep my lead!

--------------------

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

Today's count: 30 minutes getting to work; 10 minutes work to sports centre; 15 minutes swimming (the place was shut Easter-November for re-building [Frown] and I'm out of practice); 20 minutes getting home again. That's a total of 1 hour 15 minutes, running total now 17 hours 55 minutes.

--------------------

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Finally, I get to post. I joined the Y last week, very near my house. It has both a gym for workouts and a good sized pool. And classes which are free with membership.
So today, 12 minutes on the crosstrainer, and about (I'm estimating because part of the time I was being shown the equipment and part of the time I was doing the reps) 20 minutes on various weight machines.
Ugh, I am so out of shape. 10 minutes (and on minimal resistance) wore me out, and I used to be able to do close to 30.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today, despite exhausted legs...

30 minutes cycling - commuting to and from work

1 hour ballroom and latin dancing (estimated time spent doing something useful during a 1 and a half hour class).

Hence, running total: 29 hours and 7 minutes.

However, my legs are so worn out that I'm not going to do much tomorrow!

All the best,

Rachel.

--------------------
A shrivelled appendix to the body of Christ.

Posts: 912 | From: In the lab. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
104 mins walking today.
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another longish walk by waterside (at least it's more or less level) 2 h 50 m
and some exercises designed to stop things going pear shaped 15 m
thus today 3 h 05 m
and running total 26 h 00 m

Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

40 minutes cycling with the dawn - running total 26 hours.

--------------------

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alrighty. I have been doing things (and taking note of them); I just haven't got around to posting them yet.

Tuesday 13th: 40 minutes cycling with my little sister.

Wednesday 14th: The day began with 1 hr 10 slacklining in the morning. I spent a total of 1 hr 15 cycling to get places (home-uni, uni-cliff, cliff-home) and a small amount of time climbing and bouldering in the evening (20 mins of exercise, say).

Thursday 15th: 20 minutes slacklining.

Friday 16th: 1 hour slacklining, 40 minutes cycling to the indoor climbing gym, 2 hrs worth of climbing and 40 minutes cycling home.

Saturday 17th: 20 minutes slacklining, 15 minutes cycling to the shops, 40 minutes cycling to a mate's party.

Sunday 18th: Went to Mt Coolum. Probably only spent 30 minutes doing actual climbing, but there was also 30 minutes of bushwalking and I took 40 minutes to cycle my bike home from my mate's place.

Monday 19th: Zip. Nada. Spent the day reading Harry Potter and occasionally helping around the house.

Tuesday 20th: Pretty much the same. Nothing substantial enough to report in the exercise department.

I make that 11 hrs for the week for a total of 31 hrs 30, but I'm very open to correction (I got something different when I first added it up...).

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mon 19th: like UltraC I did absolutely nothing :-(

Tues 20th: 45 mins walk/run.

And hopefully I'll do some walking later to make up for yesterday's lapse.

Total so far 26 hours 30 mins I think.

[ 20. January 2009, 11:39: Message edited by: Yangtze ]

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Another one who didn't do anything yesterday, but I've started making up for that with 2 hours cleaning out one of the bin stores - it meant moving 15 out of the 20 bikes now stored there in and out and sweeping up 5 bags of wet and rotting leaves, so lots of bending, twisting and squatting, particularly around the 5 bikes I couldn't move (chained to the wall)! I don't think that job has been done for three years and the store has a beech tree overhanging, so much of the leaf litter was turning to compost and some of the bikes were beginning to root to the ground.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016