homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Feasts of Mary (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Feasts of Mary
Eddy
Shipmate
# 3583

- Posted      Profile for Eddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw on a list of feasts
"The flight of our Lord Jesus Christ into Egypt (17 February)"
I know its not strictly of Our Lady be she went to Egypt with Our Lord. Is this a feast anyone keeps nowadays and has it a history does anyone know? I know its been in lots of paintings.

Posts: 3237 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not us. We have the Seven Founders of the Order of Servites.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddy
Shipmate
# 3583

- Posted      Profile for Eddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
11th February is Our Lady of Lourdes.

We are keeping it at our church with a mass at which prayers are speciually offered for the sick. Apparently it is world day of prayer for the sick.

I was wondering if there are special events in churches on Our Lady of Lourdes day. A Irish friend said she remebered special masses when she was in Dublin with anointing - she thinks.

Edgeman
Shipmate
# 12867

- Posted      Profile for Edgeman   Email Edgeman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is what we're doing
at my parish.
I almost forgot, veneration of a relic of St.Bernadette after mass as well.

--------------------
http://sacristyxrat.tumblr.com/

Posts: 1420 | From: Philadelphia Penns. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Eddy
Shipmate
# 3583

This web page gives some great suggestions as to how to use today's feast of Our Lady of Lourdes as a special day of prayer for sick people and carers. A blessing for the carers is written there.

Its a fab idea I reckon to add to the feasts of Our Lady like this and connect with people's lives. I think sometimes feasts can get cut off from daily life and this kibnd of idea joins religion and life in a way if you get me.

I think it would be good on a feast like today Our Lady of Lourdes if priests encouraged people to visit the sick or say a prayer for them today. That like means there is mass and a action as well.

Eddy
Shipmate
# 3583

I was looking at this picture of Our Lady. It is called Our Lady of the Eucharist, but I couldn't find that feast in the missal. I'll keep looking, and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across it. I was wondering about it with April being month of the Eucharist.
Eddy
Shipmate
# 3583

The image of Our Lady of Good Counsel is so lovely.
I've just been reading about this devotion on this website. It does special. I was wondering if there is a special devotion to Our Lady of Good Counsel in certain locations, or among certain peoples.

This prayer is on that website:

O Mary of Good Counsel, inflame the hearts of all who are devoted to you, so that all of them have shelter in you, O great Mother of God. O most worthy Lady, let everyone choose you as teacher and wise counselor of their souls, since you are, as Saint Augustine says, the counsel of the Apostles and counsel of all peoples. Amen.

Eddy
Shipmate
# 3583

Does anyone know of the Our Lady of the Cenacle devotion, and where it is popular and how it can about? Its about this time of the year.

I'd like to be pointed to an image of Our lady of the cenacle.

Can anyone help on this one, please.

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Laetare:
Does anyone know of the Our Lady of the Cenacle devotion, and where it is popular and how it can about? Its about this time of the year.

I'd like to be pointed to an image of Our lady of the cenacle.

Can anyone help on this one, please.

Google images is your friend. I know nothing about it apart from what 2 minutes of googling just taught me, so I shan't save you the fun of looking yourself.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddy
Shipmate
# 3583

Thanks for the suggestion, Hart. I wass wondering if anyone had a favourite icon or other picture of Our lady of the Cenacle, rather than just a general google search, but your idea was a good one.

This devotion seems really a good one - Our Lady praying in the middle of the then church. Our Lady praying in the heart of the Church NOW.

Is their a feast day of Our Lady of the cenacle?

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016