homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Who kisses the Gospel? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Who kisses the Gospel?
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thurible:
quote:
Originally posted by Max.:
it's by Keith Pecklers.

I hadn't realised people were called Keith in the first and second centuries...

Thurible

If one of Jesus's best friends was called Rufus then I'm sure there were guys called "Keith" in those days too!

Max.

--------------------
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Posts: 9716 | From: North Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pommie Mick:
Yeah, and who gets to say what the church does.

Why, the Church of course.

If you want to argue about what that means, it's an ecclesiological and theological point not a liturgical one.

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pommie Mick
Shipmate
# 12794

- Posted      Profile for Pommie Mick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I though it was about why we do particular things in the liturgy!
Posts: 185 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It might be ecclesiological, but there's nary a sliver of theology in the nonsense.

--------------------
Australians all let us ring Joyce
For she is young and free

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

When I actually hear some theology from you, instead of trite shite, I will take your word about what is or is not theological.

--------------------

Pommie Mick
Shipmate
# 12794

- Posted      Profile for Pommie Mick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ahhh... theology rather than circular arguments?
Posts: 185 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

I see what you are saying to me. I should have been clearer - my post above is condescending and sidestepping as it stands. Indeed, circular.

I was intending to indicate the place the argument belongs (Purgatory rather than Eccles), so as to avoid some huge derailment here by the time-honoured spat about what the Church is.

I knew in my head what I was saying, honest!

--------------------

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed TT - please keep personal accusations about people only ever posting 'trite shite' to where they belong. And, I know I've been on me hols, but please resist the temptation to Junior Host... thanks!

dj_ordinaire, Eccles host

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fifi
Shipmate
# 8151

- Posted      Profile for Fifi   Email Fifi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Corpus Christi Maiden lane is what EWTN should be. It's a church which represents the entire spectrum of Catholicism, not a tiny minority of it.
They do a wonderful Ordinary Form mass in English, with good old fashioned hymn singing and intelligent preaching . . . .

The Parish Priest is an ex Anglican, so it's only to be expected . . .
Posts: 591 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fifi:
quote:
Corpus Christi Maiden lane is what EWTN should be. It's a church which represents the entire spectrum of Catholicism, not a tiny minority of it.
They do a wonderful Ordinary Form mass in English, with good old fashioned hymn singing and intelligent preaching . . . .

The Parish Priest is an ex Anglican, so it's only to be expected . . .
Indeed he is. The best ones always are [Biased]

Max.

--------------------

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one who can't get this site to do anything?

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What are you trying to make it do?

Thurible

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:
Originally posted by Cyprian:

Damnit. I have the same problem.

Max.

--------------------

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Work.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

Yum

--------------------

New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by New Yorker:
quote:
Want to see what medieval worship really looked like? Go to Corpus Christi Maiden Lane for a Low Mass one evening.

Point of Order? For those of us in the Colonies what is Corpus Christi Maiden Lane and what is their Low Mass in an evening like?
They do a wonderful Ordinary Form mass in English, with good old fashioned hymn singing and intelligent preaching (often drawing from sources such as Eastenders and Doctor who) and they also do a very friendly Tridentine Mass in which all feel welcome (unlike the oratory where one is likely to get shouted at by a crazy person for not standing/sitting/kneeling/making the sign of the cross in the correct place).
Their low mass is extraordinary form but often with some hymns out of Hymns Old and New.

Max.

Sorry to continue the tangent, but how does this differ from EWTN? I suppose I would have to assist with Mass there for awhile before seeing the differences?
Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Vaticanchic
Shipmate
# 13869

- Posted      Profile for Vaticanchic   Email Vaticanchic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OP - I agree with Triple Tiara's comments way back.

Furthermore, there is something missing when there is no deacon at the mass and this should be apparent. The seat to the president's immediate left should be vacant although an assisting priest, of course, does the deacon's jobs. A presbyter is no longer a deacon, except in the general sense of service, because order is order.

A further point about opening hands at the apostolic greeting ("The Lord be with you"). This is a presidential gesture not a priestly gesture. Only the president should do this. This means that whenever he presides at a liturgy, the deacon should do this.

--------------------
"Sink, Burn or Take Her a Prize"

Posts: 697 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Vaticanchic
Shipmate
# 13869

- Posted      Profile for Vaticanchic   Email Vaticanchic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sorry above - "seat to the right " as we know - I always have trouble with that.

--------------------

Patrick the less saintly
Shipmate
# 14355

- Posted      Profile for Patrick the less saintly   Email Patrick the less saintly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick the less saintly:
Secondly, there is a world of difference between having liturgical opinions based on liturgy, theology and aesthetics and having liturgical opinions based on authority and getting indignant when other people don't submit to that authority. I would have more respect, infinitely more respect, for the acolytes of GIRM if they defended their sacred text for its merits, rather than merely saying that it what they have been ordered to use. The former is a thinking man's response, the latter is not.

And there in one (wordy) paragraph is the difference between protestant and Catholic understanding of liturgy. Far from being blind followers of liturgical fascism, or fashion, those who are Catholic want to do as the Church does. Protestants want to make it up for themselves, so they can do whatever they wish, and then describe it as theological, aesthetical and liturgical.

Damn. I had hoped Max was going to make this point, as he purports to be an admired of Hans Küng, who argues that authority is not enough, whether it is the authority ascribed to the Bible by Protestants, the authority ascribed to tradition by the Eastern Orthodox or the authority ascribed to the Magisterium by Roman Catholics, with the last, unsurprisingly, being his particular bugbear. He doesn't mention the peculiarly Anglican tripos of scripture, tradition and reason.

That point is a little less effective now, as I suppose you probably sided with the Vatican thought police against Fr Küng.

--------------------
'[Your religion consists of] antiquarian culturally refined pseudo-Anglicanism'— Triple Tiara

Posts: 1802 | From: London | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Work.
Right. It's working fine for me in IE.

Thurible

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

quote:
quote:
quote:

Work.
I've tried in IE and Firefox and can only get the home page. They must have an Orthodox filter on their site.

--------------------

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vaticanchic:
A presbyter is no longer a deacon, except in the general sense of service, because order is order.

So has the theology, along with the practice, of a bishop wearing dalmatic under his chasuble been abrogated? Tatty as it looks, it does make that point of 'once a deacon, always a deacon'. And I thought the Pope was 'servant of the servants of God'.

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
+Chad

Staffordshire Lad
# 5645

- Posted      Profile for +Chad   Author's homepage   Email +Chad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dubious Thomas:
quote:

And modern Catholic Worship is the closest we have to early Christian Worship.

Max.

And you know this, how?
He sat down one day with a nice spliff (or was it a large gin and bitter lemon) and imagined what it could be like to worship in early Christian times and then scrawled all over a handkerchief what he imagined early Christian worship would look like, got a post as a worship leader, and passed it off as early Christian worship.

--------------------
Chad (The + is silent)

Where there is tea there is hope.

Posts: 2698 | From: The Backbone of England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

Yes, but a bishop always wears a chasuble over the dalmatic. The point is the next order supercedes and subsumes the lower order. The bishop does not appear wearing just a dalmatic.

--------------------

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Work.
I've tried in IE and Firefox and can only get the home page. They must have an Orthodox filter on their site.
I think it's more likely it's a Mac filter*, stop the guys at the seminary and at Heythrop being able to see what's on their website [Biased]

*It's a well known fact that academics use Apple Macs, whilst the great unwashed use PeeCees [Biased]

Max.

--------------------

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Max.

Works for my PC in Chrome and Firefox...

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Vaticanchic
Shipmate
# 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Angloid:
quote:
A presbyter is no longer a deacon, except in the general sense of service, because order is order.

So has the theology, along with the practice, of a bishop wearing dalmatic under his chasuble been abrogated? Tatty as it looks, it does make that point of 'once a deacon, always a deacon'. And I thought the Pope was 'servant of the servants of God'.
Thanks, Triple T replies for me above.

Anglicans get very confused about the nature of the nature of order because we are obsessed with the "threefold character" to the detriment of other ways of understanding. Order and ministry are different things. Of course a bishop is servant but he no longer of the order of deacons nor of presbyters. Looking at it the other way, he now holds the fullness of priesthood, which he shares in part with his presbyterate.

--------------------

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks, Triple T replies for me above.

Anglicans get very confused about the nature of the nature of order because we are obsessed with the "threefold character" to the detriment of other ways of understanding. Order and ministry are different things. Of course a bishop is servant but he no longer of the order of deacons nor of presbyters. Looking at it the other way, he now holds the fullness of priesthood, which he shares in part with his presbyterate.

That makes sense. In that case, your earlier comment is misleading. A presbyter might be no longer 'only' a deacon; but the presbyterate includes the diaconate. It's not as if the priest hands back his/her deacon's letters of orders a year later.

But this is off-topic and purgatorial.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Unless the celebrant is a bishop.

But then again, it's definitely NOT pre-Vatican II for a layman not to read the Gospel. So I guess you could make up the other rules as well, if you wished.

I don't make up the rules - my bishop does and my license allows me to read/sing the Gospel, as does Common Worship.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

But then what you are doing is playing Common Worship for one thing and "Vatican II" for another. I think it is a much greater infringement of liturgical order and principle for a layman to read the Gospel than it is for the celebrant to kiss the Gospel.

--------------------

Vaticanchic
Shipmate
# 13869

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
quote:

But then again, it's definitely NOT pre-Vatican II for a layman not to read the Gospel. So I guess you could make up the other rules as well, if you wished.

I don't make up the rules - my bishop does and my license allows me to read/sing the Gospel, as does Common Worship.
I guess "what is a Reader?" belongs elsewhere - and Leo might not be a Reader - but Leo's bishop is effectively ordering deacons without laying on hands, is he not? What's the difference?

--------------------

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
quote:
quote:

Max.

Works for my PC in Chrome and Firefox...
Are you able to click on icons?

Max.

--------------------

Magic Wand
Shipmate
# 4227

- Posted      Profile for Magic Wand   Email Magic Wand   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The bishop does not appear wearing just a dalmatic.

Indeed. And so you will never see a bishop wearing just the dalmatic. Oh wait...
Posts: 371 | From: Princeton, NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

[Confused]

--------------------

Magic Wand
Shipmate
# 4227

- Posted      Profile for Magic Wand   Email Magic Wand   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One very rarely sees the Cardinal Deacons wearing the chasuble, at least in my experience.

Of course one could say that the issue of the Cardinal Deacons is an exception to a more general rule, and it is. But it nicely illustrates that the theological principles that we are told undergird modern liturgical thinking are not sacrosanct, as some seem to imply.

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

Well, this is attempting to use a particular, specific and peculiar occurrence within the papal liturgy to a general use. It doesn't work. The issue of Cardinal Deacons is a specific. It occurs nowhere else. No other bishop ever has episcopal deacons, be he Patriarch, Archbishop or Papal Legate.

As to things being sacrosanct - what could ever be said to be sacrosanct? Some used to think the maniple was sacrosanct. But as the principles develop, there should at least be an attempt to carry them through logically.

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Eastern rites, if I am correct (and if not, please correct me), it has to be the priest who proclaims the gospel at the liturgy.

I appreciate the highly appropriate (IMHO) custom in both East and West that the gospel reading gets special hono(u)rs.

At the same time these are customs and I don't think what particular readings an ordained minister may or may not read is absolutely essential to the character of the ordained ministry, be it the diaconate or the presbyterate. So if the CoE wants to let licensed Readers read the Gospel, i don't see where that signifies a crumbling of the integrity of said ordained ministries. (Leaving aside for the moment the arguments of those who say that the CoE has no ordained ministries.)

85 posts on the topic "Who kisses the Gospel"! Only in Ecclesiantics!!

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patrick the less saintly
Shipmate
# 14355

- Posted      Profile for Patrick the less saintly   Email Patrick the less saintly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess "what is a Reader?" belongs elsewhere - and Leo might not be a Reader - but Leo's bishop is effectively ordering deacons without laying on hands, is he not? What's the difference?
The Anglican Church has proper deacons, readers are not some for of quasi-deacon. If anything, they represent an attempt to revive all the minor orders into one job. As much as it astonishes me to say this, I agree with Triple Tiara. The practice of having a layperson read the gospel is very much a vain thing fondly invented. It's unheard of in the ECUSA and, I suspect, in most other provinces. It's also not something seen in those parishes of the CofE that have a reputation for doing thinks properly, at least liturgically.

The more appropriate role for a reader would be for Morning and Evening Prayer, where he or she could most certainly read any or all of the lessons, lead the prayers and also preach (I am inclined to agree with the Roman Catholic instruction that, whilst anyone may be called to preach, the homily, as part of the Mass, should be reserved for a cleric).

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's got nothing to do with Leo's bishop - it's there in the Readers' licence along with all the other duties that Readers are entitled to carry out.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:
In Eastern rites, if I am correct (and if not, please correct me), it has to be the priest who proclaims the gospel at the liturgy.

It depends.

In the Antiochene family of rites, the Liturgy of St James does stipulate that it is the priest who reads the Gospel at the Liturgy.

The Byzantine Rite is more complicated. At the Liturgy, it is the deacon who reads the Gospel; or the priest, if there is no deacon; or the bishop if he is present and so chooses, regardless of whether there is a deacon serving. At other services, it varies. Some specify the priest while others the deacon. However, the default seems to be that the deacon reads the Gospel. In the services where the priest reads the Gospel, such as at stations at outdoor processions, an examination of the rubrics usually shows that the deacon is fairly busy at this point, so it may just be a practical thing to have the priest do it.

quote:
I appreciate the highly appropriate (IMHO) custom in both East and West that the gospel reading gets special hono(u)rs.
So do I, and if anybody wnats to donate a pair of fans to my parish for the purpose, you are more than welcome to do so. [Big Grin]

quote:
85 posts on the topic "Who kisses the Gospel"! Only in Ecclesiantics!!
We've done ourselves proud. [Biased]

--------------------

Patrick the less saintly
Shipmate
# 14355

Presumably another example of the evangelicals highjacking the CofE and attempting to pull it further from it historically Anglican identity, in this case by devaluing the threefold ministry which is at the core of Anglican ecclesiology. Why evangelical Anglicans don't leave the CofE and join with evangelical Protestants in a happy little fellowship of naff praise choruses and (under the leadership of the newly appointed Chief Executive Pastor Michael Nazir-Ali) Islamaphobia.

God, I'm in a bitter mood today.

--------------------
'[Your religion consists of] antiquarian culturally refined pseudo-Anglicanism'— Triple Tiara

Magic Wand
Shipmate
# 4227

quote:
It doesn't work.

In terms of refuting the assertion that it is A VERY BAD THING for anyone who is not a deacon to wear the dalmatic as an outer vestment, I should think that it works very well indeed.

This, of course, says nothing about whether the practice is permitted in the context of the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite. I think that most rubricists would say that it isn't. My point, however, is that it's not permitted because it's not permitted, and not because it violates some important and inviolable principle of liturgical theology.

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:
Presumably another example of the evangelicals highjacking the CofE and attempting to pull it further from it historically Anglican identity, in this case by devaluing the threefold ministry which is at the core of Anglican ecclesiology. Why evangelical Anglicans don't leave the CofE and join with evangelical Protestants in a happy little fellowship of naff praise choruses and (under the leadership of the newly appointed Chief Executive Pastor Michael Nazir-Ali) Islamaphobia.

Like it or not, but Evangelical Protestants make up a very large majority of the Anglican Communion. I'm sure they would ask you why don't you just leave the CofE and join with the continuing Anglicans in a happy little fellowship of boring hymn singing, Merbecke and (under the leadership of newly appointed Sovereign Grand Inspector General and Bishop Gene Robinson) Liberalism.

God, I'm an irritable little shit today.

Max.

--------------------

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

Well, who has asserted it's a bad thing for anyone other than a deacon to wear a dalmatic? That's not the issue (tat's not the issue).

The issue is people performing roles not proper to their order. Cardinal deacons are acting as deacons of a very specific type - assistants to the pope. That's why the use of the dalmatic as symbolic vesture works. But they do not then go on to act as deacons of the liturgy - they are there purely as attendants on the Pontiff.

For a layman to dress up in a stole and dalmatic and act as a deacon is a very grievous mistake. For a priest to dress down in a dalmatic is equally wrong.

--------------------

Magic Wand
Shipmate
# 4227

quote:
Well, who has asserted it's a bad thing for anyone other than a deacon to wear a dalmatic?

For a layman to dress up in a stole and dalmatic and act as a deacon is a very grievous mistake. For a priest to dress down in a dalmatic is equally wrong.

Has the principle of non-contradiction been repealed?
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

You miss the point again - the dressing up or down signifies the role they are to play, and it is that role which is important. So let me just take the tat out of it, so you can see the issue clearly.

For a layman to perform the role of a deacon is a grievous mistake. For a priest to do so is equally a mistake.

--------------------

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

quote:

quote:

It's the weather! Who in their right mind would want to wear a dalmatic in this heat? [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Vaticanchic
Shipmate
# 13869

Post Vatican II - all Cardinals must be bishops. The majority are Cardinal Priests, a small number are Cardinal Deacons or Bishops, but these are honorary grades of the office, nothing more.

--------------------

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

quote:
quote:

quote:

It's the weather! Who in their right mind would want to wear a dalmatic in this heat? [Hot and Hormonal]

Or indeed clothes at all!

--------------------

Vaticanchic
Shipmate
# 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
[/Qb]It's got nothing to do with Leo's bishop - it's there in the Readers' licence along with all the other duties that Readers are entitled to carry out. [/QB]

Yeah, my point is the same - it's a licence to be a deacon without the laying on of hands, so what's going on with it?

[Edit: quote code]

[ 02. July 2009, 22:01: Message edited by: Hart ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016