homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Books any self-respecting Anglo-Catholic [priest] should have (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Books any self-respecting Anglo-Catholic [priest] should have
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

- Posted      Profile for Manipled Mutineer   Author's homepage   Email Manipled Mutineer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have an odd volume of the Haggerston Catechism but, as it was sourced from a bookseller in New Zealand, I assume that it isn't an orphan from your set!

HC - I too like the Hours of the Divine Office very much - although not a cleric I have a full set for personal use which travels to and from the office with me every day. The odd volume below (being in better condition) was intended to replace one of these but, on reflection, I've decided to keep the set at is.

--------------------
Collecting Catholic and Anglo-
Catholic books

Posts: 1533 | From: Glamorgan, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thurible:
quote:
Originally posted by Liturgy Queen:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamburnite:
A.N. Wilson's Unguarded Hours is wonderful, if very difficult to obtain. I'm waiting to borrow a copy of his Kindly Light -- we'll see if that deserves to be on the list.

Unguarded Hours, as noted elsewhere, made me want to go to Staggers. [Axe murder]
Which, my dear, is exactly why I suggested you shouldn't. It made me very glad that things have changed!

I found it one of the most depressing books I've ever read - not least because a friend of mine whose father went to interview at Staggers in the 70s said it really wasn't all that different.

Thurible

I found it funny and depressing at the same time. The vice-principal IRL became my vicar and was annoyed at being portrayed as having dirty fingernails. IRL he is fastidious about personal hygene.

Staggers has not changed as much as some people think - I gather they still assign women's names to new students - I find this practice offensive and demeaning to women.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

Staggers has not changed as much as some people think - I gather they still assign women's names to new students - I find this practice offensive and demeaning to women.

I am quite convinced that it has changed an huge amount from the 70s. I say this with a reasonable amount of authority.

I find the practice of assigning women's names utterly and completely ridiculous, rather than anything else. Good job it's not done.

That's not to say that some seminarians think that names can be assigned but when, say, 3 members of the community try and assign names to the twelve members of the first year who, to the (wo)man, tell them not to be ridiculous, it simply doesn't take!

Thurible

[ 17. October 2007, 16:41: Message edited by: Thurible ]

Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I say this with a reasonable amount of authority.

I didn't register how pompous that sounds until the edit time had elapsed. Sorry about that. I simply mean that I know the place, as it is, rather well.

Thurible

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

Divine Office
Shipmate
# 10558

- Posted      Profile for Divine Office         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My copy of Lamburn's Anglican Services published by Knott and Sons arrived today. It is the 1963 edition and is in virtually mint condition.

It is a fascinating read; it is not unlike Ritual Notes, but is focused more directly on obeying the letter of the BCP. Unlike The Parson's Handbook, however, it is orientated towards Western usage as it was at the time of publication.

I wonder if PD is familiar with this work? I suspect he would find it a valuable resource.

DIVINE OFFICE

Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

- Posted      Profile for Manipled Mutineer   Author's homepage   Email Manipled Mutineer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel sadly driven to resurrect this thread to note that today by post I received:

"Altar Book containing the Order of Holy Communion According to the Use of the Church of England with Additions from the Sarum Missal edited by a committee of Priests" (2nd edition, Rivingtons, 1914)

"The English Missal for the Laity" (1933, Knott, formerly the - very well used - property of someone at Staggers*)

and

"The Bishop in Church" (Sir Patrick Ferguson-Davie, Church Union/SPCK, 1961, an Anglican manual of episcopal ceremonies prepared from the Caeremonial Episcoporum at the behest of the Bishop of Exeter by his Honorary Chaplain)

*St Stephen's House, Oxford, an Anglican theological college of Anglo-Catholic bent

--------------------
Catholic books

Divine Office
Shipmate
# 10558

- Posted      Profile for Divine Office         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just received my copy of the second revised edition of Peter Anson's The Call of the Cloister a few minutes ago. It looks like a fantastic work and a must-have for any Anglo-Catholic layman or priest (or, indeed, Roman Catholic.....!!!)

DIVINE OFFICE

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes - it's a good read.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I picked up something called Shorter Christian Prayer and a copy of -Ebbsfleet's Pocket Manual. Any words of wisdom?
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

Shorter Christian Prayer? Is that a mini-Breviary (as in the contemporary Catholic Divine Office)?

+Andrew's book's a very useful resource; the Breviary's a very useful office book. Put the two together and you've got all you need (apart from a Bible and an hymnal).

Thurible

--------------------

Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Neither seems to have much in the way of readings. Shorter Christian Prayer does provide hymns. It appears to be Lauds, Vespers, and Compline from LOTH.

[ 27. October 2007, 00:06: Message edited by: Liturgy Queen ]

Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

Right. Yes, the main scriptural readings in the Catholic Office are, predictably (and as I'm sure you know), at the Office of Readings.

If you're not a daily Eucharist-attender, +Andrew's book has the eucharistic lectionary in which you can use for the office.

Thurible

--------------------

PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Divine Office:
My copy of Lamburn's Anglican Services published by Knott and Sons arrived today. It is the 1963 edition and is in virtually mint condition.

It is a fascinating read; it is not unlike Ritual Notes, but is focused more directly on obeying the letter of the BCP. Unlike The Parson's Handbook, however, it is orientated towards Western usage as it was at the time of publication.

I wonder if PD is familiar with this work? I suspect he would find it a valuable resource.

DIVINE OFFICE

What feels like many years ago I had a copy of Lamburn's "Anglican Services" but some bugger borrowed it and never returned it. I actually rather liked it - Western Use but BCP orientated is right up my street.

PD

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Shorter Christian Prayer? Is that a mini-Breviary (as in the contemporary Catholic Divine Office)?

That's my understanding of what it is.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

quote:
If you're not a daily Eucharist-attender, +Andrew's book has the eucharistic lectionary in which you can use for the office.

Must be in the non-Pocket edition...
[Frown]

St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have one of those too...

Perhaps I should get into this book-selling business.

Thurible

I might buy a book or two from you . . . seriously.

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

Today brought the unexpected treat of a gift from a friend in training - a copy of Liturgical Services - Liturgies and Occasional Forms of Prayer set forth in the Reign of Queen Elizabeth (William Keatinge Clay for the Parker Society, 1847), which was due to be binned. I'm most pleased. It contains the whole of the 1559 book, the 1560 Latin translation of the same and a huge selection of litanies and forms of prayer.

--------------------
Catholic books

St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Forgive me if this has been addressed already. But I want to buy a Sarum Missal in English. And to my surprise, Amazon of all places has a 2004 translation from Pearson. Does anyone know if it's good? Or are there better translations readily available?

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

quote:
Originally posted by St. Punk the Pious:
Forgive me if this has been addressed already. But I want to buy a Sarum Missal in English. And to my surprise, Amazon of all places has a 2004 translation from Pearson. Does anyone know if it's good? Or are there better translations readily available?

I was resurrecting this thread to share my glee at receiving a copy of the Baronius Press' 1962 Daily Roman Missal - Summorum Pontificum edition - for Christmas but since I see this question is still outstanding, I'll do my best to sketch an answer - hopefully S. Bertelin or someone who actually owns a copy will chime-in and correct me if I go wrong.

As I understand it, the first generally available publication of the Sarum Missal was that produced by forbes/Dickinson in 1861, the Missale ad Usum Insignis Ecclesie Sarum generally known as the Burntisland Missal (after its place of publication?) This was entirely in Latin, and was translated into English by A. Harford Pearson in 1868, under the title of The Sarum Missal in English. It is this version, in a reprinted edition, which is available via Amazon. There's a review of it here.

It was then followed in 1911 by a revised translation by F.E. Warren, which I think drew heavily on Pearson, and was published in two volumes by the De la More Press for the Library of Liturgiology and Ecclesiology for English Readers also under the title The Sarum Missal in English. From this you might infer that the latter is slightly better, but the only comparison I've read suggests that the differences are of little significance.

At around the same time as the Warren translation, an abbreviated version of the Missal "done into English and Abridged" was released, under the title The Sarum Missal: Missale Ad Usum Insignis Et Praeclarae Ecclesiae Sarum. It was published anonymously but something makes me associate it with Herbert George Morse, author of the rather charming Sarum-influenced "Notes on Ceremonial according to the Antient English Office Books." It's basic but sufficient.

Of these, the first two are still available, the Pearson from Wipf & Stock/Kessinger Publications (as you've noticed) whilst the Warren is an expensive made-to-order reprint (Ł75+ per volume.) The abridged Missal was reprinted in the 1990s by Curzon and others but is now out of print. It is fairly readily available through the used book services although patience and/or luck will be required to get a copy for under Ł30.

--------------------
Catholic books

St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

Thank you, MM.

From the review you linked, the Pearson reprint sounds like a must buy. So I must buy it!

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

- Posted      Profile for Extol   Email Extol   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just got a second copy of the American edition of THIS OUR SACRIFICE by Frs. Horsfield and Riley, which offers an illustrated guide to the celebration of an Anglican Missal Mass largely according to the rubrics set forth in RITUAL NOTES. My first copy, sold to me by a gentleman well known and highly regarded in these parts, seems to have been permanently borrowed by a local priest. I cannot recommend it highly enough; I also recommend buying it quickly if it appears for sale, as it is scarce and highly sought after.
Posts: 1287 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not precisely a devotional work but one which will doubtless include much useful 'food for thought' - the Autobiography of the Bl. Conrad Noel, picked up for Ł2.50 in SPCK this morning.

Has a colour plate of a very satisfactory-looking procession around Thaxted church at the beginning, which is a good start [Yipee]

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

I read the first couple of chapters when waiting for someone at the library once: it's rather jolly.

Thurible

--------------------

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
Not precisely a devotional work but one which will doubtless include much useful 'food for thought' - the Autobiography of the Bl. Conrad Noel, picked up for Ł2.50 in SPCK this morning.

Has a colour plate of a very satisfactory-looking procession around Thaxted church at the beginning, which is a good start [Yipee]

It is a good read. A related work which I haven't been able to find for years is 'Conrad Noel and the Thaxted Movement' by Reg Groves: it looked as if it was produced in someone's back room on a very early word processor, but is fascinating. I borrowed a copy from my local library in Merseyside many years ago, but when I checked a few years later it had disappeared from the shelves (and the catalogue).

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

quote:
Thank you, MM.

From the review you linked, the Pearson reprint sounds like a must buy. So I must buy it!

On a related note, please all cross your fingers that my copy of the 2-volume Warren Sarum Missal arrives safely...

--------------------
Catholic books

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angloid:
It is a good read. A related work which I haven't been able to find for years is 'Conrad Noel and the Thaxted Movement' by Reg Groves: it looked as if it was produced in someone's back room on a very early word processor, but is fascinating. I borrowed a copy from my local library in Merseyside many years ago, but when I checked a few years later it had disappeared from the shelves (and the catalogue.

Essex Libraries hold copies not all available for loan. That link gives you the ISBN number should you want it.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

Someone buy this before the urge for me to do so becomes uncontrollable... (It's the Marquess of Bute's four volume English translation of the Roman Breviary, in case anyone is wondering.)

--------------------
Catholic books

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:

I'd second that.

--------------------

Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

- Posted      Profile for Extol   Email Extol   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manipled Mutineer:
Someone buy this before the urge for me to do so becomes uncontrollable... (It's the Marquess of Bute's four volume English translation of the Roman Breviary, in case anyone is wondering.)

I think someone set up a Lulu reprint for this as well.
Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

quote:
Originally posted by lukacs:
quote:

I think someone set up a Lulu reprint for this as well.
Yes, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/33oaot
PD
Shipmate
# 12436

- Posted      Profile for PD   Author's homepage   Email PD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You'd have to be a glutton for punishment to use that for your office on a regular basis. It is a translation of the early seventeenth century revision of the Tridentine Breviary which makes it much longer than the Anglican Breviary whih is based on the Pio X Breviary of 1913.

PD

[ 29. December 2007, 04:46: Message edited by: PD ]

--------------------
Roadkill on the Information Super Highway!

My Assorted Rantings - http://www.theoldhighchurchman.blogspot.com

Posts: 4431 | From: Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

quote:
Originally posted by PD:
You'd have to be a glutton for punishment to use that for your office on a regular basis. It is a translation of the early seventeenth century revision of the Tridentine Breviary which makes it much longer than the Anglican Breviary whih is based on the Pio X Breviary of 1913.

PD

One day I may try - when I get the odd volume that I do own back! (I see someone has snapped-up the original set.)

--------------------
Catholic books

Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

quote:
quote:

At around the same time as the Warren translation, an abbreviated version of the Missal "done into English and Abridged" was released, under the title The Sarum Missal: Missale Ad Usum Insignis Et Praeclarae Ecclesiae Sarum. It was published anonymously but something makes me associate it with Herbert George Morse, author of the rather charming Sarum-influenced "Notes on Ceremonial according to the Antient English Office Books." It's basic but sufficient.

...The abridged Missal was reprinted in the 1990s by Curzon and others but is now out of print. It is fairly readily available through the used book services although patience and/or luck will be required to get a copy for under Ł30.

Or you could just check out my signature, of course....
[Biased]

--------------------
Catholic books

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been searching online for a copy of the current South African Prayer Book to no avail. It is possible to do a transaction via snail mail order to and from the South African publisher, but I would have thought that as the main liturgical book of a reasonably sized Anglican church body it would not be so difficult to locate on line. Any help, suggestions, shipmates?

I was also trying to get the Australian Prayer Book but I think I've spotted one one Amazon.co.uk.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

Is anyone else falling in love with the Anglican Gradual and Sacramentary like I am?
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:
I have been searching online for a copy of the current South African Prayer Book to no avail. It is possible to do a transaction via snail mail order to and from the South African publisher, but I would have thought that as the main liturgical book of a reasonably sized Anglican church body it would not be so difficult to locate on line. Any help, suggestions, shipmates?

Is this it (top of page)? If so, a brief peruse doesn't seem to turn up any copies for me, either.

--------------------
Catholic books

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Liturgy Queen:
Is anyone else falling in love with the Anglican Gradual and Sacramentary like I am?

Did you just find it, LQ?

It sure is an interesting resource, but it disappointed me a couple of days ago when I went searching for the Proclamation of the Date of Easter at Epiphany.

Anglican resources also usually disappoint me because of the lack of musical notation.

Still, if one wants minor propers, one will not be disappointed.

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

I like Mr. Burt's gradual better: http://tinyurl.com/3x76b2
Ecclesiastical Flip-flop
Shipmate
# 10745

- Posted      Profile for Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Email Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I was also trying to get the Australian Prayer Book but I think I've spotted one one Amazon.co.uk.

I possess a copy of the South African Prayer Book which I bought on my travels to that Country some years ago. It is dated 1989, but I do not know whether or not it is still the current edition. I also possess a traditional SAPB.

--------------------
Joyeuses Pâques! Frohe Ostern! Buona Pasqua! ˇFelices Pascuas! Happy Easter!

Posts: 1946 | From: Surrey UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

quote:

It's a tough call. The AUG doesn't have anything for Rite II, while the AGS doesn't have chant notation. I also couldn't find anything in the Burt Gradual for the Naming of Jesus (which I realise RCs celebrate two days later, but it's still around) so a parish that wasn't spiky enough to celebrate Mary, Mother of God, would be out of luck. So I like them both for different reasons.

[ 02. January 2008, 15:45: Message edited by: Liturgy Queen ]

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

It seems like he did a good job of trying to balance old-school chant and the text.

One thing strikes me as odd, and perhaps I'm just being stubborn, but on page 96, there's just something that bothers me about the chant for "Let us go forth in peace...In the Name of Christ. Amen." I can see that it might be said to flow with the following chant, but it simply doesn't sound right to my ears. Do you think it was intentional or a mistake?

[ 02. January 2008, 16:13: Message edited by: Martin L ]

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Anthropax
Shipmate
# 11234

- Posted      Profile for Anthropax   Email Anthropax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ecclesiastical Flip-flop:
quote:

I possess a copy of the South African Prayer Book which I bought on my travels to that Country some years ago. It is dated 1989, but I do not know whether or not it is still the current edition. I also possess a traditional SAPB.
The 1989 one's still in use, although I think there may be plans to do a new one some time in the future.

--------------------
Be joyful and keep the faith! St David

Posts: 142 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Is this it (top of page)? If so, a brief peruse doesn't seem to turn up any copies for me, either.
Yes, that is the one. I just don't particularly to go through the hassle of snail mail plus I suppose getting an international money order plus problably contacting them first to see how to do the process. I'm kind of surprised they don't have online ordering.

Thanks for the info shipmates. If anyone has a surplus copy they don't want i guess i'm in the market.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Malik

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

quote:
quote:
Thank you, MM.

On a related note, please all cross your fingers that my copy of the 2-volume Warren Sarum Missal arrives safely...
It did ! Full of Sarum goodness!

--------------------
Catholic books

Ecce Quam Bonum
Shipmate
# 10884

- Posted      Profile for Ecce Quam Bonum   Email Ecce Quam Bonum   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't believe that this has hitherto found its way onto this thread, but they've done a reprint of the Directorium Anglicanum. Not quite the same as having the real thing, but much more reasonably priced.

Here.

Though do be warned that "it may possibly have occasional imperfections such as missing and blurred pages, missing text, poor pictures, markings, dark backgrounds and other reproduction issues." So there you go.

--------------------
"And it is folly—it is madness—to suppose that you can worship Jesus in the Sacraments and Jesus on the Throne of glory, when you are sweating him in the souls and bodies of his children. It cannot be done."--+Frank Weston, "Our Present Duty"

Posts: 168 | From: Sewanee, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

Some exciting Anglican missal-type things in the Beckham Books inventory:

The Priest to the Altar (Sarum-influenced)

The Ritual of the Altar (Roman-influenced)

--------------------
Catholic books

Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

Here it is!

--------------------
Catholic books

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

Has anyone mentioned The Holy Bible yet?!
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't it more convenient simply to use the Missal for the lections?

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Has anyone mentioned The Holy Bible yet?!

DJ_O, on page one!

--------------------
Catholic books

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016