homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Kerygmania: H&A day announcement.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Kerygmania: H&A day announcement.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In honor of H&A day, I, as one of your humble hosts who is chucking the humble bit for the weekend, require that you end all of your post from hereon with "This is most certainly true."

You may place it in quote marks or add a question mark to preserve your theological integrity, if you wish.

Cordially,

Kelly Alves
Kerygmania Host.

[For those new at this: for the duration of Hosts and Admins day, we get to make arbitrary rules and we will bug you to follow them. Play along. Have fun. We can go back to being dreadfully serious when it's over. [Big Grin] )

[ 30. October 2009, 18:56: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nigel M
Shipmate
# 11256

- Posted      Profile for Nigel M   Email Nigel M   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
In honor of H&A day, I, as one of your humble hosts who is chucking the humble bit for the weekend, require that you end all of your post from hereon with "This is most certainly true."

I don't believe it. This is most certainly true.
Posts: 2826 | From: London, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dang. And here I was hoping for "What does this mean?" [Snigger] Or at least Jello salad. This is most certainly true.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Actually, I have never much cared for jello salad and I don't know how it relates to Kerymania though I know it is most certainly true.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I grew up with a strict catechism featuring repeated use of the phrase which you have chosen to inflict upon us. The phrase rattles through my head nearly constantly, the way the Jesus prayer might for particularly devout Orthodox. This is most certainly true.

Damn you! [Two face]

This is most certainly true.

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

- Posted      Profile for Potoroo     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Help! I just posted in Ecclesiantics (also my first post in there!) without saying that anything was true.

Does your edict only apply to Kerygmania?

I am muddled... This is most certainly true!

--------------------
Gilbert's Potoroo is Australia's most endangered animal.

Posts: 2778 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh ... and all the above is most certainly true.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nigel M
Shipmate
# 11256

- Posted      Profile for Nigel M   Email Nigel M   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, sorry - I still don't understand. Which of the above "This" is most certainly true?
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It appears that you are not Lutheran, Nigel. This is most certainly true.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nigel M
Shipmate
# 11256

quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
It appears that you are not Lutheran, Nigel. This is most certainly true.

Yet, surely, T(heological) H(eresy) I(inside) S(hip) is most certainly true?
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a Lutheran Catechism joke, Nigel. All of Luther's explanations of the articles of the Apostle's creed and the Ten Commandments begin with "What does this mean?' and end with "This is most certainly true." See Lamb Chopped's post above.

May I use this space, also, to say how proud I am of the Kerygmaniacs today? I am loving both your response to the "Scripture challenge" and Banner Lady's new thread [Big Grin]

[ 09. May 2009, 18:32: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Nigel M
Shipmate
# 11256

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
It's a Lutheran Catechism joke...

Ahhhh! All is most certainly clear!

Ja! Dieses wahr ist!

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey Bunny!

I just bounced you another thread. Make sure they follow the rules here, eh?

I can't wait!

[Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelly--

You Lutheran, you! [Biased] [Cool]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, that's gold. I'm sending it to Mom.

And this is a perfect note on which to lock this thread. thanks for the fun, y'all! You done me proud!

Here I stand,

Kelly Alves
Kerygmania Host.

--------------------

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016