homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: Your Bucket List (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: Your Bucket List
Mechtilde
Shipmate
# 12563

- Posted      Profile for Mechtilde   Email Mechtilde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Custard.:
quote:
Originally posted by Mechtilde:
I'd also like to see the Holy Land. Hubby is against it as long as there's a potential for violence, so I may never make it. Kinda more of a problem for them than for me. [Votive]

If you go on an official tour run by a proper tour company, Israel pretty much guarantee your safety, to the point where the Israeli government run their own insurance scheme. There's only one tourist I can think of who has been caught up in the violence there in the last decade or so, and they decided to join in a Palestinian march which turned violent.

A friend of mine has been 20+ times, and if you're on an official tour with an official tour guide, it's pretty safe.

Thanks, Custard., back it goes on my list!

--------------------
"Once one has seen God, what is the remedy?"
Sylvia Plath, "Mystic"

Posts: 517 | From: The cloud of unknowing | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mechtilde
Shipmate
# 12563

- Posted      Profile for Mechtilde   Email Mechtilde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Sorry, missed the edit window.)

What I'd really like to do is one of those courses offered by St George's College in Jerusalem, then have a week or two afterward to poke around on my own. And I'm a wimp about heat, so don't want to do it in the dead of summer. Being tied to the academic calendar makes that a little awkward, but maybe now I can at least assuage my husband's fears that I'll get blown up.

--------------------
"Once one has seen God, what is the remedy?"
Sylvia Plath, "Mystic"

Posts: 517 | From: The cloud of unknowing | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I want to get my private pilot's license before I die.

I suppose you won't need one after you die.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:

* Visit the Isles of Scilly (so near and yet I've never been there)

Just go.
But make sure you go for a proper break of at least a week, and preferably longer. Day trips don't make any sense. The joy of the Scillies is the pace of life, which you just won't get if you're rushing in and out, and you need to visit the different islands to experience their different characters.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Passion Play at Oberammergau.

I've just booked up for next year!

[Yipee]

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What I'd really like to do is one of those courses offered by St George's College in Jerusalem, then have a week or two afterward to poke around on my own.
Snap! That's on my bucket list too but the safety concerns and my entire extended family's nagging about me being blown up by a suicide bomber has prevented me.

I'd also like to spend some time living in a rural town in Australia, just to feel what it is like to live, rather than just visit somewhere that isn't a busy urban centre.

Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Visit all of the World Heritage Sites. At last count there are 890 sites. I'd better get started AND live a long time!
Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016