homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Change-a-letter Bible (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Change-a-letter Bible
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
St. Matthew 8:23

Then He got into the goat followed by His disciples.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leviticus 25:11

A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall pot sow

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Those backyard chores never end:

will multiply your seed for mowing

(2 Cor 9:10)

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Consolation for those whose Toad-in-the-Hole doesn't rise

The end of the batter; all has been heard.

(Ecc k12:13)

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If Only ..........

1 Corinthians 13 v 13

Meanhile these three things remain; faith, hope, and clarity, and the greatest of these is clarity.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hope you have your MasterCard during the rapture...

for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be charged.

--------------------

goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Genesis 17:4

"As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of manly nations."

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Buddhism summarized:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Roly Spirit.

[ 02. September 2009, 23:03: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jawsywales
Apprentice
# 15065

- Posted      Profile for jawsywales   Email jawsywales   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God arranges the first wrestling bout:

And God said, Let there be fights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night

Posts: 1 | From: wales | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You shall now commit adultery.

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

And he shall give his angels charge over you, and they shall beer you up.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Behold, I will stand before you there on the sock in Horeb; and you shall strike the sock, and water will come out of it, that you may drink (Exod 17.6)
Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lady in red:
Behold, I will stand before you there on the sock in Horeb; and you shall strike the sock, and water will come out of it, that you may drink (Exod 17.6)

[Projectile]

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Lord has magnified my game....

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
And he shall give his angels charge over you, and they shall beer you up.

O my God, I dry out by day, but you do not answer.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Amanda - on the wagon now?

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Song of Solomon 2:16

My beloved is wine.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Good Amanda - on the wagon now?

Nope: I take Proverbs 20:1 as my text (modified for the thread):

Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler,
And whoever is intoxicated by it is now wise.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Whoever finds a wine finds a good thing, and obtains favour from the Lord.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hail, Mary, full of trace....

(One for the blood test?)

[ 05. September 2009, 22:29: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Turning from the art of the sommelier to that of the baker:

Which one of you would hand his son a scone when he asks for a loaf of bread?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Agnostic's credo.

With God, all things are. Possibly.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

(With apologies to Charles Darwin):

And the worm became flesh and dwelt among us.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The Almighty steam iron:

In the beginning, God creased the heavens and the earth.

--------------------

Orlando098
Shipmate
# 14930

- Posted      Profile for Orlando098   Email Orlando098   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Ron, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

When the day comes, many will say to me: "Lord, lord, did we not prophesy in your name, drive out lemons in your name?"

Anyone who does not take his cress and follow in my footsteps is not worthy of me

he came towards them, walking on the tea

It is easier for a camel to piss through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven

Posts: 1019 | From: Nice, France | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

One for the coven:

Hail, Mary, full of grace, the lore is with thee.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

quote:
Originally posted by Orlando098:
It is easier for a camel to piss through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven

[Killing me]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

In the beginning was the Ford.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Psalm 33:10 -- Proof that God is a vegetarian. (OK -- I changed two letters.)

The Lord boils the plants of the nations.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

This might belong in DH:

He said: I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness: Make straight the gay of the LORD

--------------------

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At his first attempt at genetic engineering Joseph produced a Goat of many colours.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Genesis 1:3

"And God said, Let there be flight: and there was flight."

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

And she said to herself, "If I can just torch his garment, I shall be healed."

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Erin:

Various from Genesis 1.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the Gaters.

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the Gaters, and let it divide the Gaters from the Gaters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the Gaters which were under the firmament from the Gaters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

9And God said, Let the Gaters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

20And God said, Let the Gaters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

NOTE: this is the King James Version, so, of course, it uses an older spelling of "Gators".

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Give us this day our daily broad.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Speak to one another in psalms, hymns and spiritual snogs.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

One for the ship:

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of Posts.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isaiah 53:6 : All we like sleep (especially if it's with someone nice)

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Numbers 10:9

When you go into battle in your own land against an enema who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets. Then you will be remembered by the LORD your God and rescued from your enemies.

Woohoo! What a relief, eh? [Big Grin]

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the food fight.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

Don't forget the kitchen timer, folks

the bun shall be turned to darkness

Acts 2:20

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Matthew 14:30

And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the wafer.

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

<psst! Mousethief! Don't tell RW [Biased] >

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

....and blessed is the fruit of thy comb, Jesus.

(Honey child)

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
<psst! Mousethief! Don't tell RW [Biased] >

[Killing me]

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Orlando098
Shipmate
# 14930

- Posted      Profile for Orlando098   Email Orlando098   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When you are fisting, do not put on a gloomy look, as the hypocrites do
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

As the heart pants for Walter....

(I know it's two changes, but note how the original feeling is preserved.)

--------------------

Orlando098
Shipmate
# 14930

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
This might belong in DH:

He said: I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness: Make straight the gay of the LORD

[Big Grin] Another one for those conservatives in the CofE to point to in the endless debates on gayness... You are good at this Mousethief

quote:
2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the food fight.

LOL

[ 10. September 2009, 20:50: Message edited by: Orlando098 ]

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing, whom he loved, and he saith to his mother, Woman, behold thy sin.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Daniel 5:4

They drank wine, and praised the gods of golf.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016