homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Expressing solidarity with gay shipmates (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Expressing solidarity with gay shipmates
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haven't been in All Saints much lately so hadn't noticed this thread, but reading it has reduced me to tears (I'm probably just all emotional because I'm preg...)

There are so many LGB people who I owe so much to, for spiritual support, for friendship, for affection without an agenda. That includes some amazing priests, and some wonderful shipmates.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2810 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by urbanbumpkin:
And another one, or at least one who's engaged to be in a hetrosexual marriage. So that's three of us - can't be too invisible! Actually, just wanted to thank you both for being open enough to share that - it's really encouraged me as I was feeling a little - misfitting I guess!

Glad to know it helps! And yay for being engaged!

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boopy
Shipmate
# 4738

- Posted      Profile for Boopy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I value my friends enormously including those who happen to be gay. I hate it when I see them being so hurt by the church. Hurting one part of the body of Christ hurts all of us it seems to me. I hope our LGBT shipmates know how loved and valued they are here. [Votive]
Posts: 1170 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was in Nashville last weekend at the annual conference of Gay Christian Network. 364 folks (LGBT* and straight) turned up to fellowship, support and love one another.

Tony Campolo spoke. Derek Webb sang and an executive director of a former Exodus affiliate in Canada spoke about bridge building and fostering "spacious places" within evangelicaldom.

What stuck with me was a word from a straight, punk pastor of an emergent church in Detroit who got up and encouraged us to not fight the church or hate the church but rather to *be* the church.

The breezes of change are starting to blow.

Bless you all.

Posts: 2149 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016