homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Videos & Pictures (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Videos & Pictures
LA Dave
Shipmate
# 1397

- Posted      Profile for LA Dave         Edit/delete post 
Martin: If you like "Solemn High Novus Ordo," you would like our shack. Here is the lineup for the 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time:

Processional: O Holy City, Seen of John (hymnal)
Introit: Dicit Dominus: Ego Cogito . . . (Graduale Romanum Mode VI)
Kyrie and Gloria: Mass Dedicate to Fray Junipero Serra, OFM, Pioneer of the Faith and Builder of the Civilization in California (Richard Keys Biggs)
Offertory Anthem: Laudate nomen Domini (Christopher Tye)
Hymn: Now the Day of the Lrod Is at Hand (hymnal)
Sanctus and Bendictus: Cantus Missae (Graduale Romanum)
Agnus Dei: Serra Mass
Communion Antiphon: Amen dico vobis (Graduale Romanum Mode I)
Communion Motet: O Sacred Feast (Healey Willan)

Nice mix of AC and RC, if I do say so myself. Thus, perfect for that unified church in the OP (as long as one adds Lutheran chorales).

Richard Keys Biggs was a well known organist/composer in Los Angeles who was the teacher of Roger Wagner, of Roger Wagner Chorale/Los Angeles Master Chorale fame. Biggs in turn studied with Richard Runciman Terry, the great Master of Music at Westminster Cathedral.

This is a typical lineup for the noon mass every week -- summer is similar, except that the Gloria is the Cantus Missae setting in the hymnal. The Sanctus and Benedictus is, by order of His Eminence, sung congregationally.

Posts: 981 | From: Take a guess | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I hope no one has posted this before:

Confession in the 21st Century

[Killing me]

That...is...hilarious!

LA Dave, it does sound nice. I would need the addition of the Lutheran hymns and chorales, of course, but that is not a detriment to anyone! As for the singing of the Sanctus and Agnus Dei by the congo, I would have to say I agree with His Eminence, but is it that surprising a Lutheran would agree with that particular Eminence? Anyway, he could lighten up a little and allow an occasional choral setting.

[ 05. December 2007, 21:56: Message edited by: Martin L ]

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin L:
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I hope no one has posted this before:

Confession in the 21st Century

[Killing me]

That...is...hilarious!

LA Dave, it does sound nice. I would need the addition of the Lutheran hymns and chorales, of course, but that is not a detriment to anyone! As for the singing of the Sanctus and Agnus Dei by the congo, I would have to say I agree with His Eminence, but is it that surprising a Lutheran would agree with that particular Eminence? Anyway, he could lighten up a little and allow an occasional choral setting.

I'm surprised ++Mahony tolerates such a traditional Mass with good music [Smile]

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
LA Dave
Shipmate
# 1397

SS: His Eminence does not interfere with the musical preferences of individual parishes. While some have questioned the Cardinal's musical tastes, there is a decent choir and a magnificent organ at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. By the way, the Cathedral choir, along with choirs from St. Cyril of Jerusalem and St. Paul the Apostle, will be singing the chorus parts in a Los Angeles Opera production of Handel's "Judas Maccabeus" [sp?] in January, to be performed in the Cathedral.
LA Dave
Shipmate
# 1397

Martin: Thanks. I'll have you know that the music director's preference is for sturdy Lutheran hymns (a number of which can be found, in four-part harmony, in our excellent hymnal) as well for the works of the North German organ masters.
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, chapter 5 of the S. Clement's video (Sermon, Credo, Offertory) is online, but after a minute or two it stops playing. This happens on both Firefox and Explorer. Anyone else having this?
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Liturgy Queen:
Well, chapter 5 of the S. Clement's video (Sermon, Credo, Offertory) is online, but after a minute or two it stops playing. This happens on both Firefox and Explorer. Anyone else having this?

Yes. The last thing I hear is "At the altar, the priest consecrates the bread." Then it cuts off and goes black.

Strangely enough, the load bar appears to indicate that the entire clip has loaded very quickly. It will not allow me to advance beyond what I have seen.

RCD
Shipmate
# 11440

- Posted      Profile for RCD     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin L:
quote:
Originally posted by Liturgy Queen:

Yes. The last thing I hear is "At the altar, the priest consecrates the bread." Then it cuts off and goes black.

Strangely enough, the load bar appears to indicate that the entire clip has loaded very quickly. It will not allow me to advance beyond what I have seen.

I was getting the same problem. And all this time I was silently cursing my ISP, sure that this was the latest in their censorship (the latest has been to mess up the Internet Archive, my favorite resource [Waterworks] )
RuggerProChriste
Apprentice
# 13010

- Posted      Profile for RuggerProChriste   Email RuggerProChriste   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by SeraphimSarov:
quote:
Originally posted by RCD:
Is it high! Salutations to the choir! But I wish some of the gestures - signs of the cross, breast beating - particularly of the subdeacon - were a little more natural.

This is the problem I had watching the video from St Clement's from Corpus Christi- it just seems more like a pretty performance which I can appreciate aesthetically but not as worship at Mass. The gestures are just too theatrical and I have to say that I appreciate the beauty of a Tridentine High Mass.
I must admit, I feel something of the same way watching the video online. But, as a regular worshiper there, I don't generally feel "impeded" (if that's the right word for what you're getting at) by the liturgy--perhaps because I so rarely watch all the motions of the celebrant and servers.

And it would be nice if there were younger servers there, but, alas, there are very few kids who attend. That notwithstanding, it's a very nice place to be, I've found, especially when there is cake. [Big Grin]

Joking aside, though, yes the music is nice, and yes it's not for everyone.

Posts: 47 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And now for something completely different......

(I was trying to educate myself!)

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Interesting to see shots of the choirs in surplices: presumably footage from before the current Dean's tenure.

And don't get me started on the Presbyterian shooters.

And that north-end celebrant looks really uncomfortable.

Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

Am I the only one who thinks that the cope-clad chap in the second photo of the current S. Clement's montage is a dish?
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And you are posting this comment here ... why? Because, mayhap an Ecclesiantics denizen has a video of him tucked away in an appropriate directory on his or her hard drive?
Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In a moment of nostalgia, I will sometimes remember the CBC-TV program Meeting Place, which could be picked up on Sunday mornings from our home in a Detroit suburb via CBET-TV in Windsor, Ontario. I took to videotaping this weekly broadcast of a service from a different Canadian church, synagogue, or other house of worship every week. This was where I first saw a service from a Buddhist church (and first heard of such a thing) in Vancouver. There was the Anglo-Catholic parish Mass from somewhere in the Maritimes. I came to look forward to beautiful Hope Sealy's smile as she presented each week's program.

There's still such a thing going on in Germany, and you can watch the last 16 Gottesdienst programs online via the ZDF network's Web site. I just watched a Catholic Mass from Hamm, and I was impressed by the music and simple but dignified ceremonial...not a note of Haugen or Haas (it helps that RC Germany has a ubiquitous hymnal, Gotteslob, and the hymn numbers from GL are flashed on the screen as appropriate. The Lutheran services have hymns from EG, which I assume means Evangelisches Gesangbuch).

Anyway, here's how to watch:

• Go to the ZDF Web site.
  • Click the tab "ZDFmediathek."
  • Click the link, "Sendung verpasst?" ("Missed a show?")
  • You'll see the days of the week laid out in a ribbon. Click "So" for Sonntag (Sunday).
  • Click the program "Gottesdienste." The latest one will begin, or you may have to click something like Quicktime first.
  • You can mouse over the bottom-right of the video screen to get a window for browsing the other 15 episodes available. There's a New Year's Eve service from the Frauenkirche in Dresden that's worth watching. No translations, though; sorry.

If you watch the Mass from Schwarzenberg, check the pointy black hats on some of the ladies, and tell me about them if you know anything. I'm assuming they belong to an organization or order of some sort.

Viel Vergnügen beim Zuschauen! / Have fun watching!

[ 19. January 2008, 03:39: Message edited by: Scott Knitter ]

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
And now for something completely different......

(I was trying to educate myself!)

Teaching
Teaching
Teaching
Teac... erm Music

--------------------
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Posts: 9716 | From: North Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Forthview
Shipmate
# 12376

- Posted      Profile for Forthview   Email Forthview   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scott, I am not too good with searching the web,but I do often watch at least some of the services on ZDF.Usually they alternate each week with a Catholic and then a Lutheran service,very,very occasionally,about once a year an Orthodox service.

I saw the Mass from Schwarzenberg, which is a small commune near Dornbirn in the Austrian province of Vorarlberg. The black hats are traditional hats for women in that area.

When I have time I must try to watch the New Year's Eve service from Dresden.

If anyone else is watching can you let me know about the Lutheran service,which I saw on that list.I can't remember wher it was from but the two clerics wore albs and stoles which is unusual in Germany. The service had many features including a Gospel choir who sang partly in English ,but it also included a celebration of Holy communion. Right after the Sanctus came the consecration and then fast forward to Communion itself. Since there are only 45 mins allotted to the service and the service contained many,perhaps too many elements I wondered if this was why everything seemed so short in the Communion part or is that what a Lutheran Eucharist is like. I have been a few times to a Lutheran Communion but don't remember the details.
If browsing you will see a picture of the two pastors,one male and one female.

Posts: 3444 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Forthview:
Since there are only 45 mins allotted to the service and the service contained many,perhaps too many elements I wondered if this was why everything seemed so short in the Communion part or is that what a Lutheran Eucharist is like. I have been a few times to a Lutheran Communion but don't remember the details.

Did you have a chance to see the High Mass for 60th Anniversary of the LWF at the cathedral in Lund, Sweden?

If not, it can be viewed here, and even though it is in Swedish, the order is very easy to follow.

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
If anyone else is watching can you let me know about the Lutheran service,which I saw on that list.

Is this the one which was celebrated by Judith Light? [Big Grin]
Forthview
Shipmate
# 12376

- Posted      Profile for Forthview   Email Forthview   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I did watch that at the time.Thanks for giving me the link again.That service of course was a Swedish Lutheran service.Does the German Lutheran church use tha same liturgy ? Is it the same liturgy which is used everywhere or is it like the Anglican liturgy which seems to varyu in evry country,even when the clerics are noyt using bits and pieces from non-Anglican rites ?
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

Assuming you ment the service labeled Einkehr und Ausblick, the Great Thanksgiving was fairly standard. This is how it went:

Preface Dialog (spoken)
Proper Preface (spoken)
Sanctus (congregation stands--"Bach" Sanctus--used worldwide)
Words of Institution
Sung Acclamation
Anamnesis
Epiclesis
Lord's Prayer
Agnus Dei
Pax Domini
Invitation to communion

Of course, there was a time when Lutheran churches commonly used only the Words of Institution. Recall that Luther opposed most of the prayers which make up what is known as the Roman Canon. He simply didn't say them, and nobody noticed because they were said silently anyway.

Nowadays, longer eucharistic prayers exist that either avoid the language of sacrifice or phrase it as a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving (sound familiar, Anglicans?!)

After the Sanctus, the prayer used reminded me of something I've seen in the New Zealand Prayer Book (IIRC), where the Words of Insitution occur immediately after the Sanctus, but then the prayer continues a bit afterwards. It transitions quite quickly into the Lord's Prayer. This would be a rather modern procedure for Germany, where one would find only the WoI up until 20-30 years ago (or sooner).

Most Lutheran churches in developed countries now use eucharistic prayers.

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
I did watch that at the time.Thanks for giving me the link again.That service of course was a Swedish Lutheran service.Does the German Lutheran church use tha same liturgy ? Is it the same liturgy which is used everywhere or is it like the Anglican liturgy which seems to varyu in evry country,even when the clerics are noyt using bits and pieces from non-Anglican rites ?

Anglicans are fortunate because many of them worship in the same language worldwide. Lutherans do not have that luxury.

Typically, each national church (or group of churches who speak the same language) write their own liturgical texts. Of course, we do borrow, and we do have some prayers in common--especially those written by Luther or dating back to him. Our liturgy looks very similar from country to country, with minor variations. (For instance, did you hear them sing the Introit at the beginning of the German liturgy you mentioned? The Introit still survives in Germany and Scandinavia, but has been removed in mainline North America and replaced with the longer Psalm after the First Reading, as in Roman Catholicism.)

There are different types of Lutherans, just as there are different types of Anglicans, but in churches of the LWF you will find the basic western rite "Novus Ordo" pattern. In Europe you will generally find the following variations:

Different standing/sitting procedures
The Introit remains (& possibly the Gradual)
Usually only Epistle and Gospel
Old or reformed one-year lectionary

In churches not of the LWF, you can find something more like the cathedral in Sydney, Australia. [Snigger] (There is an exception, but the acronyms would overwhelm.)

One thing we do share in common worldwide is a core of good Lutheran hymnody, once again including Luther's best works. His hymns from the Deutsche Messe are translated into all the major languages, as are many old German hymns. The "Bach" Sanctus which I mentioned earlier upthread, is also incredibly widespread in Europe, North America, and elsewhere in many languages.

Forthview
Shipmate
# 12376

Thank you for all the information. When I have time to get the link again I will watch it with greater understanding of the rite.
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

I've never used this smilie before, but I just watched the video of the Lutheran service in Dresden. I would sit on the fourth balcony level.

[Axe murder]

Forthview
Shipmate
# 12376

The Frauenkirche (Our Lady's) is a wonderful church.I haven't been in the completed church but watched the most impressive consecration service on Reformationstag over a year ago.

I have been at services in the crypt and was there on the day that the bells wererung for the first time.

On the day of the consecration the German Federal president spoke and mentioned some of the financial contributions,including ,as he told us, a contribution from a lady in Torun (Poland) whose two brothers had been gruesomely put to death in Dresden. She wanted her contribution to signal a Christian overture from Poles to Germans, from Catholics to Protestants.

seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the Lund cathedral video what are the garments worn by the servers that look like short stoles worn back-to-front?

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by seasick:
In the Lund cathedral video what are the garments worn by the servers that look like short stoles worn back-to-front?

[Canute the Holy? Where are you?!]

Honestly, I have no idea. Being a Lutheran church, I would guess that they are nothing more than a local oddity. I wonder if they change colors, or if they are meant to match the choir robes.

Forthview
Shipmate
# 12376

I think someone asked that question at the time of the original post and our friend Canute gave an answer which explained everything,although I can't remember what he said.
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

For those who are watching the German services online at the link posted above, you can see the orders of service at this website.

Click on Alle Gottesdienste (left column)
Pick one of the service locations (middle of page)
Scroll to bottom of new page
Click on Die Texte zum Gottesdienst
It will bring up a webpage giving the service outline
It may even give a pdf link for the actual service folder (see here for the pdf of the Dresden New Year's Day liturgy)

[ 21. January 2008, 01:01: Message edited by: Martin L ]

Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This travesty may deserve its own thread. Ladies and Gentlemen: I present to you.....

the Zydeco Mass.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
phew! just as I was getting worried I spotted it was the Episcopalian Cathedral.

--------------------

Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by JArthurCrank:
This travesty may deserve its own thread. Ladies and Gentlemen: I present to you.....

the Zydeco Mass.

The extroverts attack! Aaagh! [Ultra confused]
Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

- Posted      Profile for Low Treason   Email Low Treason   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

the Zydeco Mass.

2 Sam, 6:14
"And David danced before the LORD with all his might".....

--------------------
He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.

Posts: 1914 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

quote:
Originally posted by My Duck:
quote:

the Zydeco Mass.

Who could blame him, given the occasion?
Al Eluia

Inquisitor
# 864

- Posted      Profile for Al Eluia   Email Al Eluia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

the Zydeco Mass.

At least they're not naked!

--------------------
Consider helping out the Anglican Seminary in El Salvador with a book or two! https://www.amazon.es/registry/wishlist/YDAZNSAWWWBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_ws_7IRSzbD16R9RQ
https://www.episcopalcafe.com/a-seminary-is-born-in-el-salvador/

Posts: 1157 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Al Eluia:
quote:
quote:

the Zydeco Mass.

Please don't give them any ideas. Though I remember reading 20 years ago that Bishop Kilmer Myers endorsed celebrating mass in the nude.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Edgeman
Shipmate
# 12867

- Posted      Profile for Edgeman   Email Edgeman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

the Zydeco Mass.

Not that they filmed...

--------------------
http://sacristyxrat.tumblr.com/

Posts: 1420 | From: Philadelphia Penns. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
phew! just as I was getting worried I spotted it was the Episcopalian Cathedral.

REAL Cajuns would know better [Smile]

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This brings a whole new meaning to Supermarket Religion!

Max

--------------------

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:

Anyway, this one is currently causing all the traddy Catholics to pee in their knickers with delight out on trad-central blogosphere. It's a hoot!

Bless me Father for I have sinned

[Snigger]

Max

--------------------

Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

- Posted      Profile for Low Treason   Email Low Treason   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Max.:
quote:

Anyway, this one is currently causing all the traddy Catholics to pee in their knickers with delight out on trad-central blogosphere. It's a hoot!

I like it! [Overused]

From the Plain to the Ridiculous in only 365,000 stages... [Killing me]

[Snigger]

Max

--------------------
He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.

Posts: 1914 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras
Shipmate
# 11274

- Posted      Profile for Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Email Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Merci beaucoup -- c'est magnifique!

[UBB]

[ 13. February 2008, 15:27: Message edited by: dj_ordinaire ]

Posts: 7328 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras
Shipmate
# 11274

- Posted      Profile for Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Email Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

the Zydeco Mass.

Yes, real Cajuns would indeed know better. This conveys serious confusion between the concepts of Carnival/Mardi Gras on the one hand, and Shrove Tuesday on the other. And which should take place where!
Posts: 7328 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
J Whitgift

Pro ecclesia dei!
# 1981

- Posted      Profile for J Whitgift   Email J Whitgift   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

the Zydeco Mass.

Please don't give them any ideas. Though I remember reading 20 years ago that Bishop Kilmer Myers endorsed celebrating mass in the nude.
Doesn't celebrating Mass in the nude result in Demons being called up from the Pit? [Paranoid]

--------------------
On the issue of homosexuality the Liberals have spent their time thinking, considering and listening (in the spirit of the Windsor process), whereas Conservative Anglicans have used the time to further dig their feet in and become more intransigent.

Posts: 2838 | From: Gone shoreside | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Max.:
quote:

Max

I like it! [Overused]

From the Plain to the Ridiculous in only 365,000 stages... [Killing me]

[Snigger]

I'm glad you liked it [Big Grin]

Max

--------------------

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

Oh yes, as I recall Anselmina made the suggestion of that soundtrack when the link was first posted.

--------------------

Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

That video and soundtrack is somewhat similar to this rather nasty and unfair attack on Pope John Paul and the liturgy under his watch, entitled "Catholic Mass with Wojtyla and Ratzinger." Despite (or because?) of its unfair nastiness, I laffed.

[fixed the link code]

[ 13. February 2008, 22:42: Message edited by: jlg ]

--------------------

A.N. Wilson

Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

Also, note the creator's -undoubtedly a partisan of the Latin mass - response to a particular comment:

"Write in english or shut the fuck up please."

He sounds like a real charming guy - or perfect for SOF's Hell. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

A.N. Wilson

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:
Oh yes, as I recall Anselmina made the suggestion of that soundtrack when the link was first posted.

I know - I remembered and that's why I made it [Smile]

Max

--------------------

TheMightyMartyr
Shipmate
# 11162

- Posted      Profile for TheMightyMartyr   Email TheMightyMartyr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I feel I must tell the world that the Sarum Mass from Candlemas 1997 at Merton College at Oxford is now in its full on Youtube!!!

Sarum Rite Mass on Youtube

--------------------
You cannot claim to worship Jesus in the Tabernacle if you do not pity Jesus in the slum.

Posts: 259 | From: the Land of Ingham | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

I saw some pieces of that Sarum mass yesterday on Youtube. Very interesting, though I'm sure the ladies wouldn't be permitted to sing Tallis back then. Too bad that this mass was just a one-off.

--------------------

A.N. Wilson

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016