homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Videos & Pictures (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Videos & Pictures
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angloid:
I didn't think that the prayer for forgiveness in the RC rite of penitence was in fact, or intended to be, an 'absolution'. AIUI it's in the 'us' rather than 'you' form deliberately, unlike the absolution in (most) Anglican rites.

Nor did I...I'm simply repeating the word used in the GIRM:

quote:
GIRM #51:
Then the priest invites those present to take part in the Act of Penitence, which, after a brief pause for silence, the entire community carries out through a formula of general confession. The rite concludes with the priest's absolution, which, however, lacks the efficacy of the Sacrament of Penance...

Or, if you prefer to confirm that it is not a translation abnormality from its original:

quote:
IGMR #51:
Postea sacerdos invitat ad actum paenitentialem, qui, post brevem pausam silentii, a tota communitate formula confessionis generalis perficitur, et sacerdotis absolutione concluditur, quae tamen efficacia sacramenti paenitentiae caret.

It's as much a surprise to you as it is to me, but I do suppose that it is an absolution, as it does effect the forgiveness of sin.

Go figure!

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Max.:
e sings the Mass of Creation entirely and according to the liturgical fashions of the 1980's!

Max.

exactly the problem

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by SeraphimSarov:
quote:
e sings the Mass of Creation entirely and according to the liturgical fashions of the 1980's!

Max.

exactly the problem
I'm sure he's sorry he's not saying mass like it's 19th Century Russia [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Posts: 9716 | From: North Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was mullets in Old Russia? Is outrage!
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Forthview
Shipmate
# 12376

- Posted      Profile for Forthview   Email Forthview   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since the priest's absolution at the beginning of Mass 'lacks the efficacy of the sacrament of Penance' then I wouldn't personally worry about the lack of sacerdotal absolution at the end of the Kyrie.The bishop reminded us that we had implored God's mercy in the singing of the Kyrie (and if we hadn't then no words of priestly absolution would have been efficacious).An awareness of imperfection and an asking for mercy is more important than the assurance of the priestly absolution.

In what is now called the EF,in the olden days the introductory rites would have been muttered just by the priest and server,such as Confiteor....Misereatur vestri..... Indulgentiam,absolutionem .... and the community would simply have watched. Even at the beginning of the introduction of the vernacular the introductory rites with the penitential aspects were left in Latin in Austria,until the introduction of the Novus Ordo in 1970.

Posts: 3444 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Forthview:
Since the priest's absolution at the beginning of Mass 'lacks the efficacy of the sacrament of Penance' then I wouldn't personally worry about the lack of sacerdotal absolution at the end of the Kyrie.The bishop reminded us that we had implored God's mercy in the singing of the Kyrie (and if we hadn't then no words of priestly absolution would have been efficacious).An awareness of imperfection and an asking for mercy is more important than the assurance of the priestly absolution.

True, but it has become a required part of the Mass on Sunday (with authorized exceptions such as Palm Sunday and Masses that start with the Office). As a person who adamantly opposes clerical tinkering, I wonder how the good bishop thinks he can get away with such tinkering!
SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Max.

exactly the problem
I'm sure he's sorry he's not saying mass like it's 19th Century Russia [Roll Eyes]
that would be an interesting Mass

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
that would be an interesting Mass

Indeed. And here it is, complete with Roman Canon.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ordination of Priests at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at Notre Dame. Long video, but worth it for anyone with time.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hart:
Ordination of Priests at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at Notre Dame. Long video, but worth it for anyone with time.

Wonderful! Music was good too!
It was very unfortunate btw that the Camera zoomed in on a yawning guy during the Sanctus!

Max.

[ 06. June 2009, 23:49: Message edited by: Max. ]

--------------------
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Posts: 9716 | From: North Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
LA Dave
Shipmate
# 1397

- Posted      Profile for LA Dave         Edit/delete post 
Music OK, sentiment (and setting) grand. Like weddings, ordinations make me cry.
Posts: 981 | From: Take a guess | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
angelicum
Shipmate
# 13515

- Posted      Profile for angelicum   Email angelicum   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Streaming Video for the Installation of the new Archbishop of St Louis

I didn't realise St Louis had such a BEAUTIFUL cathedral. It's ridiculously gorgeous. In an austere, Roman way. But so glorious all the same.

The vestments they used were the same as those worn for the Installation of Archbishop Nichols of Westminster - except theirs are red as it was a Votive Mass of the Holy Ghost. I think the red vestments work better than the gold to be honest.

Posts: 364 | From: Full in the panting heart | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by angelicum:
Streaming Video for the Installation of the new Archbishop of St Louis

I didn't realise St Louis had such a BEAUTIFUL cathedral. It's ridiculously gorgeous. In an austere, Roman way. But so glorious all the same.

It is indeed.

I feel a bit old...I recall clearly when Raymond Burke was installed. It seems that St. Louis serves as quite the stepping stone for bishops.

Is anybody else as annoyed as me that the archived webcast has cut off all the splended pre-service music?

Note to the Ecclesiantics Brethren: St. Louis is one of those archdioceses that knows one ought to use the High Altar for any episcopal installation. It would behoove others to follow suit.

angelicum
Shipmate
# 13515

- Posted      Profile for angelicum   Email angelicum   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The pre-service music looks better than the actual music for the Mass! I've noticed that at US episcopal installations actually - same for Dolan in NY. The choir(s) sing tons and tons prior to the service itself.

In the UK the tradition tends to be organ music before the service and save the choir for later.

I'm watching the service now, and the continuous pealing of handbells at every hymn is a bit annoying.

Posts: 364 | From: Full in the panting heart | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Edgeman
Shipmate
# 12867

- Posted      Profile for Edgeman   Email Edgeman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by angelicum:
The pre-service music looks better than the actual music for the Mass! I've noticed that at US episcopal installations actually - same for Dolan in NY. The choir(s) sing tons and tons prior to the service itself.

In the UK the tradition tends to be organ music before the service and save the choir for later.

I'm watching the service now, and the continuous pealing of handbells at every hymn is a bit annoying.

I think that's weird. Bells used constantly is quite annoying.
I don't remeber what they used for Cardinal Rigali's installation, but I'm sure it was nice. The high altar was also used.

--------------------
http://sacristyxrat.tumblr.com/

Posts: 1420 | From: Philadelphia Penns. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah we all agree! I just made the same comment about the bells on the random questions thread. Oh and about the vestments too.

I must admit I rather liked the arrangements here for +Vincent's installation, where, rather than having a Songs of Praise, we sang the offices in the hour before the Mass began. It worked extremely well.

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
Ah we all agree! I just made the same comment about the bells on the random questions thread. Oh and about the vestments too.

I must admit I rather liked the arrangements here for +Vincent's installation, where, rather than having a Songs of Praise, we sang the offices in the hour before the Mass began. It worked extremely well.

We Americans are a fast-moving bunch. Good luck trying to get people into their seats as early as you did for the install of ++Vince! Did you even see how fast the people left the install of ++St. Louis? The ushers were dismissing people out the side aisles during the singing of the closing hymn, "Lift high the cross."

On behalf of Midwestern American Catholics everywhere, "Offices? Where are the offices? I think I saw a room with a typewriter somewhere down the hall with the bathroom!" [Razz]

New Yorker
Shipmate
# 9898

- Posted      Profile for New Yorker   Email New Yorker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin L:
We Americans are a fast-moving bunch.

Today's 11:00 Mass ended at 12:27. The 12:30 Mass started at 12:31. By the beginning of the Penitential Rite the earlier crowd had cleared out.
Posts: 3193 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

- Posted      Profile for Extol   Email Extol   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here is a video of the procession of clergy and bishops for the installation of the ACNA archbishop Robert Duncan. I'll post more videos as they become available.
Posts: 1287 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tons of photos from Maundy Thursday through Easter Day at our shack are up.
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Brian M:
Here is a video of the procession of clergy and bishops for the installation of the ACNA archbishop Robert Duncan. I'll post more videos as they become available.

Thanks. I've only watched a bit, but I love the black zucchetti! (Are they supposed to wear them in church, though?)

Thanks, Oblatus, as well. Now I'm kicking myself for staying local during Triduum.

Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

- Posted      Profile for Extol   Email Extol   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are more videos from the ACNA installation. They aren't great. I am hoping that the Stand Firm reps will put something better up later.
LA Dave
Shipmate
# 1397

- Posted      Profile for LA Dave         Edit/delete post 
Looking at the ACNA procession, it was fun seeing which clergy/bishops elected to partake of the holy water and which, resolutely, did not.

Also, Babyblue's site had a montage of pictures celebrating 50 years of Truro Church's main building. At the groundbreaking in the late 1950s, the rector was dressed in a surplice, cassock and -- biretta.

Seems like Virginia snake-belly low had a fancy side in those days. I don't imagine that Martyn Minns wears a pom-pom.

Posts: 981 | From: Take a guess | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by LA Dave:
Seems like Virginia snake-belly low had a fancy side in those days. I don't imagine that Martyn Minns wears a pom-pom.

Oh, way to go, LA Dave. Just when I think I have my birettas (birette?) straight, you had to go and make that statement.

I thought the poms were for monsignori? Or is that the purple trim?

[brick wall]

Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, pompoms are for all clergy. It's the colour of the pompom that changes as they go 'up the ranks'.

I was slightly amused by the vast number of clerics in the video who used the Holy Water but crossed themselves with their left hand. Now, I was always told that was Satan's hand...

(Also, I thought it rather sweet that the tatted-up priest walking with the female clergyman shared his Holy Water with her. I doubt there've been many times when he's processed in next to a female cleric before!)

Thurible

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

Are you sure he wasn't exorcising her? +Akinola may have rubbed off on him.
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Thurible:
No, pompoms are for all clergy. It's the colour of the pompom that changes as they go 'up the ranks'.

I was slightly amused by the vast number of clerics in the video who used the Holy Water but crossed themselves with their left hand. Now, I was always told that was Satan's hand...

(Also, I thought it rather sweet that the tatted-up priest walking with the female clergyman shared his Holy Water with her. I doubt there've been many times when he's processed in next to a female cleric before!)

Thurible

Thanks.

I noticed the same things as you...the left hands, the funny possibility of the female clergy being in the company of men who oppose them.

I watched the last parts of a streaming ACNA service last night online, presided by +Duncan. Was this the same service, Brian?

Also, I've got some questions about the ACNA of the liturgical variety, but I think I'll post them in the Random Questions thread.

Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

MartinL, they streamed the whole service here last night, but I have yet to find it available for download or repeat viewing. Yes, the clip is from last night's service.
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Brian M:
MartinL, they streamed the whole service here last night, but I have yet to find it available for download or repeat viewing. Yes, the clip is from last night's service.

Thanks. That's where I watched it.
TheMightyMartyr
Shipmate
# 11162

- Posted      Profile for TheMightyMartyr   Email TheMightyMartyr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here is a little video that was put together during a youth program put on by the Anglican Church of Canada... your intrepid TMM makes an inadvertent cameo as he happens to trundle into one of the shots by accident...

Enjoy! don't blame me if it gets stuck in your head!

--------------------
You cannot claim to worship Jesus in the Tabernacle if you do not pity Jesus in the slum.

Posts: 259 | From: the Land of Ingham | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a recent Pentecost service OB'd by the Beeb, and reported on by Chris Moyles on Radio 1 the following day.

Comments and Songs of Praise footage

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ostiarius
Shipmate
# 13726

- Posted      Profile for ostiarius   Email ostiarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ktotv has much better coverage of the big services at the Vatcan than I can find on the Holy See website. Here is the mass of the imposition of the pallium for the current round of new archbishops. I think Westminster is in this group.

--------------------
Open a new window, open a new door...

Posts: 143 | From: west ridge/rosehill | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
the funny possibility of the female clergy being in the company of men who oppose them.

How is that going to work in the long run?

I don't think I've ever seen surplice, tippet and biretta before.

Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

quote:
Originally posted by Hooker's Trick:
quote:
the funny possibility of the female clergy being in the company of men who oppose them.

How is that going to work in the long run?
Well, that's the million dollar question. This is a tangent, but you may wish to look at the new FiF-NA Missionary Diocese in ACNA.
Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

Photos are okay in here too, right? Here are some of a church turned into a home with quite a few church furnishings restored. Not sure how I feel about this.
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Projectile] [Projectile] [Projectile]

That is almost as horrific as the NYC church turned into decadent druggie night club.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are many many such redevelopments of churches in the UK. I visited a rather famous former religious sister who now lives in one such. The whole building has been divided into 5 apartments, quaintly named The Sancturay, the Nave, The Chancel etc. I told her I was relieved she was not living in the sanctuary, and she quick as a flash replied "Ah, but I have friends in the Sanctuary".

I went to an Indian curry house in the North West, which was once a Methodist Chapel. Not sure what the Methodists would have made of the large statue of the Hindu God which is now at the head of the Chancel. And there is the deeply sad former Chapel at Kelham, once home to an Anglican religious community. The house is now the County Hall for Notts and the Chapel an events venue known as the Dome.

But this could become a distressing tangent which perhaps warrants its own thread.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelham was beautiful. What a shame.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
There are many many such redevelopments of churches in the UK.

But this could become a distressing tangent which perhaps warrants its own thread.

It is a distressing problem, but isn't this why churches that will not serve anymore as churches are deconsecrated? (desecrated sounds not right here)

I can't help thinking about the old Norwegian pastor whose literal Norwegian-to-English funeral-sermon metaphor got a little lost in translation: "Dis here is yust da shell. Da nut is gone." Isn't this the case with a church, too?

Forthview
Shipmate
# 12376

- Posted      Profile for Forthview   Email Forthview   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A former teachers' training colloege in Edinburgh,run by the Sisters of the Sacred Heart, is now part of Napier University in the same town.

What was the chapel,is now part of the restaurant serving somewhat different fare from in the days of the Sisters.Apart from the shape of the restaurant with its apse where the altar was there is little to remind one of its past - except for the Stations of the Cross round the walls !

Posts: 3444 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

That may all be quite true, MartinL, and it works on an intellectual level. But there are some places which were once powerhouses of prayer and witness. To see them thus abandoned is always a wrench. That's at an emotional level.

There used to be, just 10 years ago, a whole district here in London filled with Catholic institutions. There was St Joseph's College - the home and headquarters of the Mill Hill Fathers, the Mill Hill Missionary Institute, Damascus House - a conference centre run by the Vincentians, St Edward's College for the White Fathers, Consolata House... Now they are all gone.

Ichabod, Ichabod.

--------------------

Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Video is now up of the episcopal ordination of Augustine Di Noia, OP at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception this past Saturday. Cardinal Levada was the principle consecrator, joined by Archbishop Wuerl of Washington and Archbishop Thomas Kelly, OP, retired Archbishop of Louisville.

I was a member of the congregation at this event, and it was a magnificent occasion. The video gives a good bird's-eye view of the ordination ritual itself.

The Te Deum at the end was, as experienced in the pew, jaw-dropping as was Archbishop Di Noia's remarks at the conclusion. Unfortunately, I don't think the video quite does justice to how powerful and hair-raising the organ was played during the Te Deum.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Franco-American:
Video is now up of the episcopal ordination of Augustine Di Noia, OP at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception this past Saturday.

Thanks, Franco-American.

Isn't it customary for Vatican officials such as this to be bishoped by the pope? Was there a reason it was done in the US?

[ 13. July 2009, 17:05: Message edited by: Martin L ]

Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

Good question. I don't know the answer. I know that JPII used to perform mass episcopal ordinations on Epiphany and maybe a couple of other days, but Benedict (I think) doesn't do that anymore. I do know that Di Noia had strong ties to Washington DC, because he used to work for the Dominican House of Studies, the Bishop's Conference, and the JPII Center. So holding it in the Shrine seems like the most approrpriate place for the ordination.

--------------------

A.N. Wilson

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by Franco-American:
Good question. I don't know the answer. I know that JPII used to perform mass episcopal ordinations on Epiphany and maybe a couple of other days, but Benedict (I think) doesn't do that anymore. I do know that Di Noia had strong ties to Washington DC, because he used to work for the Dominican House of Studies, the Bishop's Conference, and the JPII Center. So holding it in the Shrine seems like the most approrpriate place for the ordination.

I agree. The shrine has a good size, a good music program, and a good ability to organize a liturgy of this.

In the situation, it is doubly odd because Di Noia worked as undersecretary at the CDF, together with the current pope. Since the pope undoubtedly approved the appointment to such a senior post, I wonder what is going on.

I vaguely recall hearing that the pope was making an effort to have his underlings preside more often, but I can't recall whether that was JP2 or Ben that instituted this practice. Perhaps it is simply a matter of the pope wanting the Prefect for the CDW to preside when it was the ordination of one of his own (and in his absence the Prefect of the CDF substituted).

It's probably good I didn't attend. I may have been tempted to ask him "Where's the pope?"

Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

Actually, Cardinal Levada was always going to be the presider, with the Prefect of CDW as co-consecrator. However, astonishingly, our wonderful friends at Customs and Border Protection refused to honor his visa into the United States, and so he was unable to board his flight from Rome! [Mad] Thomas Kelly then filled in for him at the last moment.

--------------------

A.N. Wilson

Pancho
Shipmate
# 13533

- Posted      Profile for Pancho   Author's homepage   Email Pancho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was there a reason given why the Cardinal's visa wasn't honored?

--------------------
“But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places and calling to their playmates, ‘We piped to you, and you did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not mourn.’"

Posts: 1988 | From: Alta California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

Whoever made the announcement (either Cardinal Levada or Archbishop Wuerl) did not explain further.

--------------------

A.N. Wilson

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

Do any cathedrals or big churches in English-speaking countries other than the United States offer webcasts of their liturgies? Anglican, Lutheran, RC, whatever; I'd be happy for some suggestions.
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Procession and Choral Eucharist of Easter Day 2008 can be viewed on the website of the Cathedral Church of St James in Toronto.
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016